Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Does anyone know the points in home made chicken stock? Just the leftovers of a roast chicken boiled up with stock veggies and herbs and seasoning? I'm going to strain off any fat of course! It kicks knorrs ass!

Are you taking all the veggies, herbs n chicken out? I'd make an executive decision and go for zero myself....hth...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Yup. Strained the whole thing over a fine sieve. I've started to point all my soups now by on or two points till I get to talk to my leader because I'm still a bit baffled about the stock cube/frylight thing. Worth it though really because they're so filling!
    I've pointed a whole paxo stuffing pack (small one) at just 3 pp. It's muck by itself but if you chuck a couple of sticks of celery, a large carrot and a medium onion into the food processor and then fry them in a 2 sprays fry light buttery for a few mins then mix with the prepared paxo and bake for 20-25 mins. Then use 2 more sprays of the buttery frylight on it just before serving it's a yummy addition to a Sunday dinner at less then 2 points per serving. That with a couple of aunt bessies Yorkshire puddings turned my chicken and veg into a really filling yummy dinner. A 3 point pot of ambrosia low fat custard afterwards and I'm a happy bunny!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Weigh in today

not quite my target but happy enough! Didnt do as much exercise as I should have!
    Onwards and up wards to next weeks goal!

Week 5- 28th Jan, Target 143

That's amazing, well done girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey girls this may be a weird request but have only had 1 take away since being on the new propoints plan am actually enjoying cooking again :) thing is my MIL is taking our lil girl over night tonight so me and my OH would like a treat tonight, we love Indian food (as a big treat) monies tight so I'd prefer to make it myself does anyone have any recipes for a madras, masala, bhuna, balti or byriani

If anyone could help out I'd be grateful

Thanks

Balti

Cut up 2 breasts of chicken. Chop some onions, carrots and garlic. Sauté the onion in tsp of oil or spray pan with low cal spray. Add the chicken pieces. Cook for a few minutes. Add the carrot, garlic, a tin of chopped tomatoes, 150ml of chicken/veg stock and 2/3 tablespoons of Patak's Balti curry paste (or to taste). Simmer for 30-45 minutes.

You can substitute the balti curry paste with tikka masala paste or any other one if you like.

It's so yummy and for 2 persons it's 12PP(8PP for 2 chicken breasts, 1PP for oil spray, 1PP for stock and 2PP for curry pasted) so that's 6PP each.

Serve with basmati or brown/white rice and don't forget to add the extra points.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Monife wrote: »
    Balti

Cut up 2 breasts of chicken. Chop some onions, carrots and garlic. Sauté the onion in tsp of oil or spray pan with low cal spray. Add the chicken pieces. Cook for a few minutes. Add the carrot, garlic, a tin of chopped tomatoes, 150ml of chicken/veg stock and 2/3 tablespoons of Patak's Balti curry paste (or to taste). Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
    You can substitute the balti curry paste with tikka masala paste or any other one if you like.

It's so yummy and for 2 persons it's 12PP(8PP for 2 chicken breasts, 1PP for oil spray, 1PP for stock and 2PP for curry pasted) so that's 6PP each.

Serve with basmati or brown/white rice and don't forget to add the extra points.

thanks so much sounds DELISH :) will defo give that a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I am really proud of myself today. Went to a kids birthday party & sat at their kitchen table for about 2 hours & didn't eat anything (except one bite of pizza that my daughter insisted I ate off hers) and there was a load of yummy stuff - pizza, garlic bread, cocktail sausages, crisps, buns, baked pasta dish and a massive homemade birthday cake. There better be a downward movement on the scales this week! Out to lunch tomorrow, so will make up for being so good today:D.

Lovely to hear all the good results & the recipes look lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Reached my second Stone gone! Im delighted with myself! God do I notice a huge difference in my weight in the last 7 pounds. Another stone and a half and im at my goal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Does anyone know the points in home made chicken stock? Just the leftovers of a roast chicken boiled up with stock veggies and herbs and seasoning? I'm going to strain off any fat of course! It kicks knorrs ass!
    I use fresh stock all the time an its 1PP per 250ml below that it's 0PP. I got the info off the online tracker.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Am very proud of myself, went to the cinema this afternoon and actually ate nothing! Then went for lunch and opted for soup,and did not eat the bread roll,which is a first for me lol.
    Just curious,is anyone having difficulty eating all their points? I'm struggling a bit I have to say, and I'm afraid of it hindering my weight loss..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just Found Out WooHOO:D:D

Small -7
    Medium -12
    Large -19

these values are for salted not the sweet kind!!...

OMG!! :eek:

That's so so much!! Where did you get these? I looked everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hillyrob wrote: »
    Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, we need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator.
    We have included information on generic drinks such as bitter, lager, cider, wine and some spirits and this can be found on page 108 in Shop and are listed on eSource.
    This makes no sense to me, they are still keeping the forumla secret so now you are left unable to calculate them yourself. You can find the full information for many drinks on their sites.

I still am wondering about these 1PP bottles of beer which I figure must be ~1%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

One more quick idea for a chicken breast

Make a little pocket into the side of the chicken and fill with a tablespoon of philidelphia extra light, very thinly sliced garlic, fresh chives (or any herb of your fancy) and season well. If you have 2 extra pps to spare, wrap it with 2 thin slices of parma ham, but it tastes pretty good without. Wrap it very tightly in greaseproof/parchment paper and back in the over for 25-30 mins!

For a medium chicken breast its only 5 pp or 7pp with the parma ham, and it really is delicious!

this sounds lovely, going to try it, presume gas mark 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Pizza is one of the ultimate fast foods – it’s quick, it’s tasty, it’s a whole meal in one. It can be a high ProPoints value option. Use the information below, and check out how choosing a different pizza base can make all the difference and some low ProPoints value options when you’re eating out.

Per Slice

Domino's: Cheese & Tomato, medium crust 4
    Domino's: Chicken Feast, thin crust 5
    Domino's: Americano, thin crust 7
    Domino's: Meateor, regular crust, 7

Pizza Express: Margherita, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Quattro Formaggi, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Sloppy Giuseppe, sixth of whole pizza 4
    Pizza Express: Salsiccia Romana, sixth of whole pizza 5

Pizza Hut: Chicken Supreme, Italian style 6
    Pizza Hut: Farmhouse, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: Hawaiian, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: BBQ Deluxe, stuffed crust 10

Practise Piling On
    Go for colourful toppings of fresh vegetables such as green, red or yellow peppers, broccoli or tomato slices. But be aware that some pizza restaurants sauté their vegetable toppings in oil. Make sure to ask and add any extra ProPoints values for the oil, if necessary, or ask them to cook the vegtables in an alternative way.

Ditch The Crust
    The crust-leavers of the world have the right idea. Most regular pizza crusts are made of enriched white flour, so if your local pizzeria offers a wholegrain crust, it's a wiser choice.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Pizza is one of the ultimate fast foods – it’s quick, it’s tasty, it’s a whole meal in one. It can be a high ProPoints value option. Use the information below, and check out how choosing a different pizza base can make all the difference and some low ProPoints value options when you’re eating out.

Per Slice

Pizza Express: Margherita, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Quattro Formaggi, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Sloppy Giuseppe, sixth of whole pizza 4
    Pizza Express: Salsiccia Romana, sixth of whole pizza 5

Pizza Hut: Chicken Supreme, Italian style 6
    Pizza Hut: Farmhouse, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: Hawaiian, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: BBQ Deluxe, stuffed crust 10

Practise Piling On
    Go for colourful toppings of fresh vegetables such as green, red or yellow peppers, broccoli or tomato slices. But be aware that some pizza restaurants sauté their vegetable toppings in oil. Make sure to ask and add any extra ProPoints values for the oil, if necessary, or ask them to cook the vegtables in an alternative way.

Ditch The Crust
    The crust-leavers of the world have the right idea. Most regular pizza crusts are made of enriched white flour, so if your local pizzeria offers a wholegrain crust, it's a wiser choice.

Ooooo thays fantastic thanks a million

rubadub wrote: »
    This makes no sense to me, they are still keeping the forumla secret so now you are left unable to calculate them yourself. You can find the full information for many drinks on their sites.

I still am wondering about these 1PP bottles of beer which I figure must be ~1%.

I sent a reply to them asking what % the low alcohol beer had to be to have a 1PP value. I'll post the reply when they get back to me:confused:

If anyone has a waffle maker and would like a low pp recipe give me a shout, I got mine in lidl and we'd waffles this morning, 6 points for waffle with berries n banana n golden syrup....NOM!

Some stuff from the eating out guide....

Chinese:
    Chicken & cashew nuts - 9pp
    Chicken in black bean Sauce - 11pp
    Chicken with mushroom - 8pp
    Beef with green pepper in black bean sauce - 12pp
    Lemon chicken - 10pp
    Special chow mein - 9pp
    Sweet and sour chicken (balls or peking style) - 13pp
    Egg fried rice - 16pp
    Mixed veg in oyster sauce - 6pp
    Boiled rice - 12pp
    Special fried frice - 23pp
    Prawn crackers (average portion) - 9pp
    Chicken and sweetcorn soup - 6pp
    Sesame prawn toasts (each) - 3pp
    Spring rolls (each) - 9pp :eek:

Starbucks (all skimmed milk):
    Tall latte - 3pp
    Tall cappuccina - 2pp
    Tall mocha with whipped cream - 7pp
    Tall caramel macchiato - 4pp
    Tall signature hot chocolate with whipped cream - 12pp :eek:
    Tall vanilla latte - 4pp

McDonalds:
    Big Mac - 13pp
    Cheesebuger - 8pp
    Double cheeseburger - 12pp
    Hamburger - 7pp
    Quarter Pounder - 13pp
    McChicken Sandwich - 10pp
    6 nuggests - 7pp
    9 nuggets - 11pp
    Small fries - 6pp
    Medium fries - 11pp
    Large fries - 13pp
    Apple pie - 7pp

Hope this of some help to people.....and didn't make anyone too hungry on a Sunday morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

I use fresh stock all the time an its 1PP per 250ml below that it's 0PP. I got the info off the online tracker.:)

Thanks a mil! Just the info I needed!!

Hillyrob, I use the jello veg stock pots in my soup. Do you have any idea how many pp are in these?
    I throw 2 into a very large pot of veg soup so I don't actually measure out the ml of stock.
    Anyone enlighten me as to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I sent a reply to them asking what % the low alcohol beer had to be to have a 1PP value. I'll post the reply when they get back to me:confused:
    It will be a combination of things, e.g. heineken is 4.3% and so are some light beers, but the light beers will have all the sugars fermented out so be lower in cals/pp than heineken. I would be interested in the forumla, and just wonder what brand could possibly be 1pp if coors light is 4pp.

• Advertisement

fofany wrote: »
    I am really proud of myself today. Went to a kids birthday party & sat at their kitchen table for about 2 hours & didn't eat anything (except one bite of pizza that my daughter insisted I ate off hers) and there was a load of yummy stuff - pizza, garlic bread, cocktail sausages, crisps, buns, baked pasta dish and a massive homemade birthday cake. There better be a downward movement on the scales this week! Out to lunch tomorrow, so will make up for being so good today:D.

Lovely to hear all the good results & the recipes look lovely.

Well done missus, this would be very hard with it actually there in front of you! If we could bottle this sorta willpower eh!:)

dno7239 wrote: »
    Reached my second Stone gone! Im delighted with myself! God do I notice a huge difference in my weight in the last 7 pounds. Another stone and a half and im at my goal :)

Well done:) that's a great weight loss!

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Per Slice

Pizza just aint worth it is it, it's a killer!

Some stuff from the eating out guide....

McDonalds:
    Big Mac - 13pp
    Cheesebuger - 8pp
    Double cheeseburger - 12pp
    Hamburger - 7pp
    Quarter Pounder - 13pp
    McChicken Sandwich - 10pp
    6 nuggests - 7pp
    9 nuggets - 11pp
    Small fries - 6pp
    Medium fries - 11pp
    Large fries - 13pp
    Apple pie - 7pp

Hope this of some help to people.....and didn't make anyone too hungry on a Sunday morning :D

Thanks for this. I love McDonalds for my hangover splurge. I always get a large meal and nuggets but it really adds up! Considering what I'll get the next time I fancy it. Yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Melloh

Bernso wrote: »
    Hillyrob, I use the jello veg stock pots in my soup. Do you have any idea how many pp are in these?
    I throw 2 into a very large pot of veg soup so I don't actually measure out the ml of stock.

they are 1 pp each

Thanks for this. I love McDonalds for my hangover splurge. I always get a large meal and nuggets but it really adds up! Considering what I'll get the next time I fancy it. Yum :)

If you'd like the points for anything else give me a shout....I didn't do the salads but can pop them up if people want them....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

That it is...but if one must reach for something yummy under the influence of alcohol, good to know what kinda what....i'm a pig after a few drinks....at the time its totally worth it....but next morning when I point it....i curse the high heavens.

I don't know this kind of stock, but if you could give me any label info I might be able to work it out;)

Melloh wrote: »
    they are 1 pp each

Thanks Melloh that's grand so. I use two to make loads of soup so will just knock off the weekly allowance and then count daiily as 0points. Yay!

• Advertisement

2 slices of the Dominos cheese n tomato isn't too bad though with some salad??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement