Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Aero Bubbles 4pp
    Aero Bubbles caramel 5pp

A lovely treat to have a "real" bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    For anyone who doesnt have the electronic calculator

Here is a free pro pointing calculator

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

Hi guys I've tried using this calculator, and it doesn't work correctly. It only asks for the serving size, and doesn't ask how much the info on the label is for (per grams), so when I've tested it the points come out very different as its missing a vital element to calculate properly. :(

I have copied and pasted this from the online site. IT DOESN'T GIVE PORTION SIZE FOR MOST DISHES! :

CHINESE FOOD

STARTERS
    Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup 6PP
    Spring Roll 9PP EACH
    Seaweed (deep fried) 9PP
    Hot and Sour Soup 4PP
    Sesame Prawn Fingers 3PP EACH

MAIN
    Char Sui Pork 11PP
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9PP
    Chicken with Mushroom 8PP
    Mushroom Chow Mein 6PP
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6PP
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10PP
    Special Chow Mein 9PP
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12PP
    Vegetable Curry 8PP
    Lemon Chicken 10PP

DESSERT
    Fortune Cookies 2PP EACH
    Ice Cream 9PP
    Lychees (6) 0PP
    Toffee Banana 15PP

INDIAN FOOD

STARTERS
    Tandoori Chicken Quarter 6PP
    Tandoori King Prawn 6PP
    Chicken Tikka (4 pieces) 6PP
    Dhal Soup 14PP
    Chicken Seekh Kebab 9PP
    Chicken Shashlick 9PP
    Prawn Puri 10PP
    Seekh Kebab 11PP

MAIN
    Tandoori Chicken (half) 15PP
    Tikka (8 pieces) 14PP
    Vegetable Curry 15PP
    Vegetable Biryani 29PP
    Dahl Balti 15PP
    Prawn Jalfrezi 16PP
    King Prawn Vindaloo 15PP
    Chicken Balti 18PP
    Fish Curry 18PP
    Lamb Balti 23PP

SIDE DISHES
    Cauliflower Bhajee 6PP
    Saag Aloo 8PP
    Bombay potato 8PP
    Plain Rice 12PP
    Pilau Rice 16PP
    Plain Naan 12PP

There are other eating out foods online. If anyone wants other types of food let me know and I'll see if its online. (Sorry for the long post!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

hillyrob wrote: »
    Hi guys I've tried using this calculator, and it doesn't work correctly. It only asks for the serving size, and doesn't ask how much the info on the label is for (per grams), so when I've tested it the points come out very different as its missing a vital element to calculate properly. :(

It does say Input per 100 gram - so you put in the values for 100g as this will be on the n.v's , and then say your pack is 40g you put that as portion size.

It does say Input per 100 gram - so you put in the values for 100g as this will be on the n.v's , and then say your pack is 40g you put that as portion size.

My mistake sorry :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Response from weight watchers uk re: generic takeaway portion sizes

Thank you for your email.
    All of the ProPoints in the Eating Out guide are based on portion sizes for 1 person unless stated otherwise.
    I hope this is helpful and if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

hth, still think you need to use your common sense as someone said yesterday there's no way some of them are accurate if they serve 2 for sure.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

Layla , thank you for that great post. brill work. tks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Just a tip for anyone who loves homemade soup but doesnt always have the time to prepare the veggies. Green isle do a winter root frozen veg pack there is onion, potatoes, turnip and carrotts in it, throw it in a saucepan along with a couple of stock cubes and you have a lovely soup in less than 25 min. I use this as an emergency back up when I have ran out of veg or am in a rush, you can add any other fresh or frozen veg to it or indeed use any frozen veg you have to make a soup. Make sure to point the potatoes though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

Hi, was just reading over these posts - intend to join meeting on Wednesday!

A bottle of wine - 20 pp - is that the weightwatchers brand wine or any??? this seems quite good is in you could have 2 bottles a week using your weekly pp?

Also, Dunnes own brand healthy living bread, 2 slices used to be 2 point, any idea on the pp?? i found it tastes alot better then ww brand.

Hope this plan works, you seem to be able to eat alot!!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sliced pan white/brown is still 2pp

new plan is great. I been on since october, but I was kinda totally alone doing it, but now that the best of Ireland and the people are on here are on propoints i've been doing really well.

The support here is just as good, if not better than the meetings!

I'm down nearly 7lbs since 1st of Jan..thats including a bad week where I drank Kopperberg all night for my birthday at 8pp each! I must have drank like 100pp that night!

Hoping to get to the 8lb by this weekend. Have alot to loose this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

thats great well done!! i done ww before years ago and i no it works - its just getting back into it!
    Wine is my biggest down fall - am i rite about the 20pp a bottle (for the big bottle!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

astra2000 wrote: »
    Just a tip for anyone who loves homemade soup but doesnt always have the time to prepare the veggies. Green isle do a winter root frozen veg pack there is onion, potatoes, turnip and carrotts in it, throw it in a saucepan along with a couple of stock cubes and you have a lovely soup in less than 25 min. I use this as an emergency back up when I have ran out of veg or am in a rush, you can add any other fresh or frozen veg to it or indeed use any frozen veg you have to make a soup. Make sure to point the potatoes though!

I always use frozen veg for soup as it makes for a really quick prep.

I use frozen cauliflower and broccoli with 2 veg stock pots and an onion and make a huge pot. I freeze two big portions and use the rest over the week! I deforst the portiosn then at the end of week/ beginning of following week before making another pot.
    It's 0 points soup although if now in fact stock cubes are to be pointed I'll knock 2pp off my weekly for this. Extremely thick, filling and tasty.
    You could add carrot for a more vegetable and less green coloured soup but I LOVE cauliflower and broccoli soup.:)

hillyrob wrote: »

Use this calculator and point as you need.:)

http://points.ogo.ms/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Been using this online propoints calculator i saw link to in here:

Just wondering what the "Portion" section is?
    was calculating the points for a Snack wafer (pink one) - protein:0.9, carbs:7.2, fat:3.3 and fiber:0.2...this is per finger (2fingers in pack). I left portion at 100 and got 2 points...presume I just double points then for eating the 2 fingers. Am i correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Hi Minx,

I bought the WW chocolate mini rolls last week in Dunnes cuz they were selling them off as they had the old points on them...I repointed them and they came out as 3PP but tonight out of curiousty I pointed the cadbury's mini rolls & they're 3PP too!!

The WW products are too expensive & I find they don't taste as nice as the original "bad" products! All the good stuff is taken out of the WW...

I know!! But, I think part of the "Saving grace" of the WW or the lower fat stuff is that they don't taste like more...I find when I have a curly wurly or even a crunchie I'd love another.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

pw01 wrote: »
    Also, Dunnes own brand healthy living bread, 2 slices used to be 2 point, any idea on the pp?? i found it tastes alot better then ww brand.

I pointed dunnes healthy living bread at 1 pro point per slice, I used to point it at half a point in old points values though-maybe double check it to be on the safe side but if it's the one I'm thinking of (clear packet with blue on it/healthy living brand/comes in wholemeal or granary) I've pointed it with new calculator recently and it came in at 1 pp a slice

your right it's a 100times nicer than ww brand:)

good luck with joining the meeting on Wed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fifib wrote: »

was calculating the points for a Snack wafer (pink one) - protein:0.9, carbs:7.2, fat:3.3 and fiber:0.2...this is per finger (2fingers in pack). I left portion at 100 and got 2 points...presume I just double points then for eating the 2 fingers. Am i correct?
    You should workout points for the amounts you actually eat. There will always be a portion size where points are zero due to rounding it down, e.g. a 35ml shot glass of beer is probably zero points, but if you drink 8 pints that is what you should point. So if you always eat 2 or 3 biscuits then enter that amount. This will get rid of rounding errors and might be important if you eat the same stuff very often.

In your example it gave the values per biscuit, in this case you leave the defaults as per 100g and a serving of 100g, as they cancel each other out. Rather than going to he hassle of multiplying all your values by 2 (to get rid of rounding errors) you can just put your portion as 200g, or 300g if you want 3 biscuits.

Putting in those 200/300g figures, 2 biscuits is only 3 points, 3 is 5points. Putting in 1000g gives you 17, so this means the true value is 1.7 points.
    pw01 wrote: »
    I have found most breads are about the same calories, the only way they get calories down is by portion size, WW loaves are tiny and thinly sliced.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey guys hubby has broken his foot so to cheer him up I got him a McDonalds for lunch would anyone know the pp of a chicken & bacon wrap with medium fries

Thanks in advance

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey guys hubby has broken his foot so to cheer him up I got him a McDonalds for lunch would anyone know the pp of a chicken & bacon wrap with medium fries

Thanks in advance

Hi, if you search the thread there is loads of info on Mickey Dees.
    Medium fries 11pp
    Chicken and Bacon Wrap - Not 100% but I would give it 13pp.
    Hope this helps:)

Bernso wrote: »
    Hi, if you search the thread there is loads of info on Mickey Dees.
    Medium fries 11pp
    Chicken and Bacon Wrap - Not 100% but I would give it 13pp.
    Hope this helps:)

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

kashmir wrote: »
    I know!! But, I think part of the "Saving grace" of the WW or the lower fat stuff is that they don't taste like more....

lol! I don't really bother with that sort of stuff anymore. The only one of them that I can think of that is nice is options hot chocolate (which is really good).

fifib wrote: »

Chocolate bars have the weight on the packaging

Put in the calculation details per 100g, but for portion put the weight on the packet as the portion you are eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Hi All

Feeling a bit fed up- onto week 4 and this is usually where I start to crack so thought I would come here for a bit of support.

Managed to get down to 146 from 154.4 since 1st Jan.
    But had a really nice mum cooked Bday dinner for my sister last night- stood on the scales today and I'm up 2lbs! Gutted...plus ts the oh bday on Wed so were going out for dinner for that too..

Just trying to stick to my points this week and try to do some exercise- thought I am not feeling it today...

Also think I am feeling a bit down that I managed to loose some weight, I am a size 12 my waist is 29" and I am still considered overweight! nuts

Sorry for my moan...

Does anyone know any low pp recipes for muffins

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

can anyone tell me what the points is in one slice of dunnes 'abc' bread... either the health loaf or the omega 3 loaf. There is no nutritional values on it at all so havn't a clue... I'm also using the old pointing system not the pro points :D Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi All

Feeling a bit fed up- onto week 4 and this is usually where I start to crack so thought I would come here for a bit of support.

Managed to get down to 146 from 154.4 since 1st Jan.
    But had a really nice mum cooked Bday dinner for my sister last night- stood on the scales today and I'm up 2lbs! Gutted...plus ts the oh bday on Wed so were going out for dinner for that too..

Just trying to stick to my points this week and try to do some exercise- thought I am not feeling it today...

Also think I am feeling a bit down that I managed to loose some weight, I am a size 12 my waist is 29" and I am still considered overweight! nuts

Sorry for my moan...
    You have done really well so far and dont lose sight of that:). I know its difficult when there are occasions like birthdays, dont get disheartened enjoy wed night but try and be sensible and get back on track thurs. We all need to learn to manage these events and not to get disheartened by the odd gain.
    Even though I do weigh myself between weigh ins I never count any weight during that time as lost or gained I only count whats on my scales on weigh in day, I find this works for me as I used to get so disheartened if I stood on the scales midweek and saw a gain, that I would then give up my diet, which has inevitably ended up with me gaining more weight:eek:. Best of luck getting back into it!

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any low pp recipes for muffins

PMed you the muffin recipe,

i've posted it on here a few times, dont want be repeating posts and annoying folks!

:D They are SOOOO yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Natural Monkey Nuts

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody knows, the PP in 100g of Natural Monkey Nuts is 16, is that for shelled or unshelled, as there is 500g in the whole of the tesco bag, 25g is 4 PP and thats not bad if they are unshelled.

Thanks

Buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

astra2000 wrote: »
    You have done really well so far and dont lose sight of that:). I know its difficult when there are occasions like birthdays, dont get disheartened enjoy wed night but try and be sensible and get back on track thurs. We all need to learn to manage these events and not to get disheartened by the odd gain.
    Even though I do weigh myself between weigh ins I never count any weight during that time as lost or gained I only count whats on my scales on weigh in day, I find this works for me as I used to get so disheartened if I stood on the scales midweek and saw a gain, that I would then give up my diet, which has inevitably ended up with me gaining more weight:eek:. Best of luck getting back into it!

Thanks Astra...I just went off and prepared a nice beef stir fry for diner.
    Having a cup of tea and I am just going to chill out tonight.
    I won't go off track and tomo I will go back to the exercise.
    Thanks for your support!:)

• Advertisement

Natural Monkey Nuts

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody knows, the PP in 100g of Natural Monkey Nuts is 16, is that for shelled or unshelled, as there is 500g in the whole of the tesco bag, 25g is 4 PP and thats not bad if they are unshelled.

Thanks

Buttons

50g of plain peanuts is 8pp (taken from weightwatchers.co.uk)

25g unshelled monkey nuts would be 4pp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement