Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

For anyone who doesnt have the electronic calculator

Here is a free pro pointing calculator

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

hillyrob wrote: »
    I don't know this kind of stock, but if you could give me any label info I might be able to work it out;)

Thanks but Melloh above said they're 1pp. On the label they're valued per 100mls also so i couldn't work out on calculator.
    Thanks though:)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    That it is...but if one must reach for something yummy under the influence of alcohol, good to know what kinda what....i'm a pig after a few drinks....at the time its totally worth it....but next morning when I point it....i curse the high heavens.

I know I'm the same. Thing about Pizza is I won't stop at two slices so I think it's just not worth it as I'd eat alot more if I got it in the first place. Would prefer more bang from my buck with mcdonalds!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

I'd have to make himself eat the rest admittedly....:D

2 slices of the Dominos cheese n tomato isn't too bad though with some salad??

No it's not actually but I'd prob not stop at 2 slices:)
    Also pepporoni does it for me alot more.

I wonder what pp those ristorante pizzas are? Does anyone know?
    They are mega thin and the mozorella one is fab. I'd imagine they're alot less than takeout but could be well wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where'd your get your wheat bran?
    It is usually alongside the porridge oats in supermarkets.
    Pizza is one of the ultimate fast foods

Per Slice
    No mention of pizza size in those values, many places will just slice them the same, so a 16" might get the same 12 slices as the 12" one, but be far bigger. I would guess they are mediums

http://www.dominos.com/shared/base/pdf/dominos_nutrition_v2.30.00.pdf
    Chinese:
    Chicken & cashew nuts - 9pp
    Chicken in black bean Sauce - 11pp
    Chicken with mushroom - 8pp
    Beef with green pepper in black bean sauce - 12pp
    Lemon chicken - 10pp
    Special chow mein - 9pp
    Sweet and sour chicken (balls or peking style) - 13pp
    Egg fried rice - 16pp
    Mixed veg in oyster sauce - 6pp
    Boiled rice - 12pp
    Special fried frice - 23pp
    Prawn crackers (average portion) - 9pp
    Chicken and sweetcorn soup - 6pp
    Sesame prawn toasts (each) - 3pp
    Spring rolls (each) - 9pp :eek:

McDonalds:
    9 nuggets - 11pp
    Be very careful with Chinese values, do not treat them like mcdonalds points which are known sizes. e.g. in my local Chinese I would get 10 chicken balls, each at least twice the size as a mcdonalds chicken nugget, and then with sweet and sour sauce on top there is no way they are 13pp if 9 nuggets are 11pp.

A special chow mein in my local would be about 850g and could feed 2 people, there is no way in hell its the same value as a single spring roll! or a bag of prawn crackers. Be careful of stuff like this and use common sense. it could be dangerous for somebody treating this like gospel and eating special chow meins 4 nights a week.

In the old points I estimated a singapore chow mein to be 33.5pts while some online guide said 5.5pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭A lemon

First week success! Lost 5.3 lbs...and it wasn't difficult at all - I even ate all my weekly points :cool:

rubadub wrote: »

No mention of pizza size in those values, many places will just slice them the same, so a 16" might get the same 12 slices as the 12" one, but be far bigger. I would guess they are mediums

Be very careful with Chinese values, do not treat them like mcdonalds points which are known sizes. e.g. in my local Chinese I would get 10 chicken balls, each at least twice the size as a mcdonalds chicken nugget, and then with sweet and sour sauce on top there is no way they are 13pp if 9 nuggets are 11pp.

A special chow mein in my local would be about 850g and could feed 2 people, there is no way in hell its the same value as a single spring roll! or a bag of prawn crackers. Be careful of stuff like this and use common sense. it could be dangerous for somebody treating this like gospel and eating special chow meins 4 nights a week.

WW need a disclaimer in the eating out guide then :rolleyes:....I'm not a massive chinese fan myself to be honest but I know people love it...chow mein 4 nights a week sounds like food hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks for that ladies, will come in handy over the next few weeks, I'm sure.

Do ye have many of the books? Do you find them good? I was thinking of getting one of the cook books maybe, coz I'm enjoying make recipe's I've seen in the magazine or different places.

The points for pizza, nearly made me cry...whoever has just one slice? But I have to say, I wouldn't be a big take-away pizza person. Lately we seem to be going for the real chipper if we're going to be bold.

I'm going to start making my own pizza's. Wonder could I make them in advance and freeze them? Any suggestions for bases...I'm not sure if my baking skills extend to making pastry.

rubadub wrote: »

In the old points I estimated a singapore chow mein to be 33.5pts while some online guide said 5.5pts

and it's just popped into my head....wondering do they mean for you to share the portions??? Might email them....

• Advertisement

Right, have emailed ww uk about the generic portion sizes, will throw up the response when I get one....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

If you'd like the points for anything else give me a shout....I didn't do the salads but can pop them up if people want them....

Hiya, does the eating out guide have the PP for salt & chilli baby ribs (starter portion)?

Thanks

Monife wrote: »
    Hiya, does the eating out guide have the PP for salt & chilli baby ribs (starter portion)?

Thanks

No, sorry, the list is pretty limited to be honest. And I can't find a points value for ribs on their own anywhere in the pocket guide. Maybe check the shopping guide for ribs if you have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me this. in the book it gives you the pp for roast potatoes cooke in oil or lard. would this be them cooked with a chicken for instance or is it with a tbsp of oil? im confused about this. i have a chicken in the oven an love the potatoes cooked i with it but not sure how many pp this would be :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

If anyone has a waffle maker and would like a low pp recipe give me a shout, I got mine in lidl and we'd waffles this morning, 6 points for waffle with berries n banana n golden syrup....NOM!

Oh yes, please!!! I don't use the waffle maker very often, but would love a low pp recipe.

I think when it comes to eating out.....

Just use common sense.....choose the healthiest option

Alot of Indian/chinese restaurants serve the meat and sauce in one dish, while the rice is on your plate, pick out the meat and place it with your rice, then with a spoon dish out 2 - 3 spoons of sauce over your meat. The servers are ALWAYS coming over to ask if everything is to your liking, just ask them to take away the excess sauce. If its not there....you wont eat it and while your waiting for your food to come out.....drink loads of water. it'll fill you up!

Split portions too....one meat and sauce portion between two portions or rice...

Every restaurant is slightly different, with different recipes and portions....its just IMPOSSIBLE to point them accurately.

These days restaurants aren't that busy....so I'm sure they wont mind you asking how a dish is cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

For anyone who doesnt have the electronic calculator

Here is a free pro pointing calculator

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

Brilliant, thanks!:)

As both ww threads have now been merged.....

Hello to all the new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just come on here to see everyone cooking their Sunday roasts. I went out for lunch today (nearly didn't get because our youngest was sick this morning & I thought I was going to have to stay home with her, but she was grand after - she probably ate too much rubbish at a birthday party yesterday). I was very good - no starter or dessert, lovely dinner & then a calypso coffee. Didn't even bother with working out points - it can come off my 49. Great not having to cook today - it's spaghetti & toast for tea in our house tonight! Back to being organised tomorrow & making soup & healthy salads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    Just come on here to see everyone cooking their Sunday roasts. I went out for lunch today (nearly didn't get because our youngest was sick this morning & I thought I was going to have to stay home with her, but she was grand after - she probably ate too much rubbish at a birthday party yesterday). I was very good - no starter or dessert, lovely dinner & then a calypso coffee. Didn't even bother with working out points - it can come off my 49. Great not having to cook today - it's spaghetti & toast for tea in our house tonight! Back to being organised tomorrow & making soup & healthy salads.

Good for you, sounds like a perfect Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Just in relation to pizza's - the Milano ones (pizza express) that you can get in tesco - looks like this

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Pizza-Express-Margherita-Pizza-12/21624011

is 15 pp. This is for the smaller one (about 7"or so - the one in the link there is 12"). It is a good amount for one person and is DELICIOUS. The pepperoni on has the same number of points.

This info is on pg 166 of the shopping guide.

All this talk of indians...has me starving now. I'm on 44 daily + 49 weekly.
    Going to have me some Chicken Tikka Masala! (ww style)
    I fry the chicken in water so no oil is used.

Chicken breast (4pp)
    80g Dried brown rice (8pp)
    1/2 Jar WW Tikka Sauce (3pp)
    100g frozen peas+corn (2pp)
    Total 17pp

Yikes I see the Propoints thread has just merged with an older WW one. Im quite new to Boards & didnt realise that was possible!

This thread is now WAY too long for me to read through the whole thing (I was following the Propoints one from the begining in January) So please excuse me if Im asking a question that has already been asked / answered.

I know everyone on WW always loves their Curlywurlys (which are now 3 propoints) but I was wondering if there are any other low point chocolate bars by Cadburys or any of the other usual chocolate makers?

Im asking because I did a food shop the other day and bought lots of different WW branded treats to try them out. I was shocked at how expensive some of them were and disappointed by the taste of many of them too.

Any ideas would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Funsize packets of Maltesers are 3pp per pack. Dunnes (although this only be Dunnes in the North) had them on half price offer, so I got some & worked them out. Haven't bought anything else along those lines - yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

The lOng flat dairy milks are 3 ppts too, must get some funsize maltesers, have a longing for them now!!

Minx23 wrote: »
    Yikes I see the Propoints thread has just merged with an older WW one. Im quite new to Boards & didnt realise that was possible!

This thread is now WAY too long for me to read through the whole thing (I was following the Propoints one from the begining in January) So please excuse me if Im asking a question that has already been asked / answered.

I know everyone on WW always loves their Curlywurlys (which are now 3 propoints) but I was wondering if there are any other low point chocolate bars by Cadburys or any of the other usual chocolate makers?

Im asking because I did a food shop the other day and bought lots of different WW branded treats to try them out. I was shocked at how expensive some of them were and disappointed by the taste of many of them too.

Any ideas would be great :)

Admin did it! Its much better this way....everyone gets to enjoy and share the tips and good times! It was lil confusing going back and forth the two treads.

Do you like Special K bars? they are only 2pp each. I think there yummy. I liked them long before ww :)

When you do have some time, it would be worth scrolling back over the thread. some fantastic recipes and suggestions on here!

Galaxy Carmel Cake Bars are only 3pp each .......but who can ever stop at one when it comes to Galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

fofany wrote: »
    Funsize packets of Maltesers are 3pp per pack. Dunnes (although this only be Dunnes in the North) had them on half price offer, so I got some & worked them out. Haven't bought anything else along those lines - yet!

Tesco have them too. €1.96 for a pack of 22. great treats to last you the week long and then some:D

I love both Malterers and Special-K bars so I'll definitely be picking up both with my next shop! Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

I find with WW (as with anything in life really) that you have to keep mixing it up and trying new things or you run the risk of getting bored and complacent. x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

bit nervous about WI tomorrow, think i might have stayed the same but TOTM so can live with it.

was trying out a few things in the kitchen earlier and decided to give meatballs a bash. if anyone wants the recipe:
    Serves 2
    250g tesco H/L mince 8pp
    120g brown pasta 12pp
    1/2 red onion 0pp
    clove of garlic 0pp
    oxo cube 1pp
    1/2 weetabix 1pp
    60g grated mozarella 4pp
    Passata 0pp

just mix the mince, onion, oxo, and weetabix in a bowl by hand and roll into balls. Pop them in an oven dish.
    Mix up the passata and crushed garlic and pour over.
    Sprinkle the cheese on top and pop it in the oven.
    Serve with pasta.

Just had it for my dinner and its gorgeous even if i do say so myself!
    the new plan is really expanding my culinary repertoire!! :D

• Advertisement

Minx23 wrote: »
    I love both Malterers and Special-K bars so I'll definitely be picking up both with my next shop! Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

I find with WW (as with anything in life really) that you have to keep mixing it up and trying new things or you run the risk of getting bored and complacent. x

Most of the Kelloggs cereal bars, frosties, cocopops, special K, rice krispies ect seem to be about 2-3 pro points each.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement