Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Does anyone know what the alcohol % is in Coors Lite or Miller? Miller is 5 pp a bottle so am trying to figure out if Corona is the same...it's 4.6% alcohol but again there's not enough on the label.....thanks
    I was looking at ccorslight yesterday in the supermarket and the it says 4.6%. I was in a supermarket in Korea, but I think they just import it so it should be the same.
    This is a great website for checking out info on food before you by it.
    https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/FirstTimerWizard/Step1c.aspx
    Choose the supermarket you shop in then input a food / drink you want to find and its gives the info about it. On most foods they also show the labels so you can pre point everything before you go. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page once you've search for your food, and you'll see the label info.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Ok so today was my 3rd WI, and I lost another 4lbs which has really made me very happy. So that's 12lbs in 3 weeks. I can't believe I managed to loose this so far. I love this way of eating, and I have enjoyed every minute of the last three weeks and that's what makes the difference for me. I've been out for lunch / dinner with friends and no one know's about WW. I decided to try on some things today that I couldn't even fasten before, and now they do fasten. They still don't look great, BUT they do fasten!

Good luck to everyone for their WI this week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ice cream cone

great tread:)
    velvet crunch pp2
    snack o jacks pp3
    nescafe skinny cappacino pp1

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey girls this may be a weird request but have only had 1 take away since being on the new propoints plan am actually enjoying cooking again :) thing is my MIL is taking our lil girl over night tonight so me and my OH would like a treat tonight, we love Indian food (as a big treat) monies tight so I'd prefer to make it myself does anyone have any recipes for a madras, masala, bhuna, balti or byriani

If anyone could help out I'd be grateful

Thanks

Hi everyone, does anybody know how many PP in a bottle of Ritz? x

Does anyone know this? Wouldn't mind knowing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, started WW last Wednesday (for probably the hundredth time!), but this time it is going to work! I am really enjoying the new pp system, though I am finding it difficult to eat all my points, I am on 29 pp.

Was delighted to see that it seems to be working for people on here, and also a friend of mine lost 6lbs in two weeks. Anyway just to say good luck to everyone, lets make 2011 the year for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Down 3lbs this morning! So i've un-done last weeks birthday damage where I was up 2lbs. Delighted! I'm already over my monthly target of just 1lb a week :D

Really going to try for 2lbs next week then i'd be 1/2 a stone in a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Down 3lbs this morning! So i've un-done last weeks birthday damage where I was up 2lbs. Delighted! I'm already over my monthly target of just 1lb a week :D

Really going to try for 2lbs next week then i'd be 1/2 a stone in a month!

Congrats Lady Lainy, a fab way to start of the weekend!!

Congrats Lady Lainy, a fab way to start of the weekend!!

And now i'm off to make those breakfast muffins...at only 4pp eat....BARGAIN!

Muffins? Did I miss something? And I just wasted 4 points on a tiny tiny portion of Alpen!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Found them, tut, I'd seen it and all and was looking through my ww books like mad...ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done girl, your doing great! I wish I could be half as disciplined as you.

Just logged on to look for the muffin recipe...if I have all the ingredients in the house I might make them.

Will post pics of the banana cake later, have to load them on to the computer. Made a cake to bring with us when we go to visit friends later ;)

Also made a variation of Irishneady's chili and garlic prawns last night for dinner. I used chicken and marinated it in soy sauce, mango chutney, jack daniels, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and tarragon for a few hours before cooking it. I didn't have any veg so it was just chicken and noodles. My sis was having dinner with and couldn't get over how simple it was and how nice it tasted. :D

Happy saturday everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

@ IndigoBlue

Hi, I think you make a great point. Im in my mid twenties and have always been a bit on the heavy side. I lost 4 and a half stone in 2007/2008 with WW before I went travelling but I have since put it all back on and some extra too!

My Mum has always warned me the younger you are the easier it is too loose weight and it gets harder as you get older. I now notice myself that its comming off slower this time round but I am determined to shift the weight again slowly but surely and keep it off this time.

This thread is not only a great help for getting ideas on the propoints values for different foods, but its also a great inspiration when you hear of others doing well and a support from other people on a similar journey. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

hillyrob wrote: »
    Ok so today was my 3rd WI, and I lost another 4lbs which has really made me very happy. So that's 12lbs in 3 weeks. I can't believe I managed to loose this so far. I love this way of eating, and I have enjoyed every minute of the last three weeks and that's what makes the difference for me. I've been out for lunch / dinner with friends and no one know's about WW. I decided to try on some things today that I couldn't even fasten before, and now they do fasten. They still don't look great, BUT they do fasten!

Good luck to everyone for their WI this week.:D

Well done, Im delighted for ya! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

hungover, so I am going back to bed so I dont everything in sight, have work tonight so that should stop me eating just cos I am hungover, have plenty of fruit in so am gonna snack on that. (we will see how this works out!!)

Just found this recipe in a magazine, Its a unislim recipe but i've point it for us ww folks! If my mummy is nice enough to take me to tesco tomorrow I'm going to make them. They would be perfect for breakfast on the bus to college!

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

1. Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

3. Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

5. Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.

6. Divide between six muffin cases.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

8. Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

(reposted it, in case anyone was looking for it cos its a pain scrolling back for them)

I made them this morning with strawberries. I punnet of 350g strawberries makes two lots of 6.

Had one fresh out of the oven this morning with A Skinny cappocino for a whole 5pp! WOW! and I am actually stuffed! Really filling, there's 10g of bran in each muffin!

kildareash wrote: »
    Well done girl, your doing great! I wish I could be half as disciplined as you.

Just logged on to look for the muffin recipe...if I have all the ingredients in the house I might make them.

Will post pics of the banana cake later, have to load them on to the computer. Made a cake to bring with us when we go to visit friends later ;)

Also made a variation of Irishneady's chili and garlic prawns last night for dinner. I used chicken and marinated it in soy sauce, mango chutney, jack daniels, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and tarragon for a few hours before cooking it. I didn't have any veg so it was just chicken and noodles. My sis was having dinner with and couldn't get over how simple it was and how nice it tasted. :D

Happy saturday everyone :D

When i do ww properly i do really well! but as soon as something comes up...like college or holidays, special occasions I cant seem to keep my self on track! When I'm good I'm REALLY good....when I'm bad....oh boy am i bad.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    hungover, so I am going back to bed so I dont everything in sight, have work tonight so that should stop me eating just cos I am hungover, have plenty of fruit in so am gonna snack on that. (we will see how this works out!!)

yeah see me drinking isnt what blows it for me....its what i eat under the influence (or the morning after) that sends me to the
    doghouse!

heres a lil fun site if anyone wants to make them selves some silver 7s!

http://www.familylobby.com/create-glitter-text-graphics.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ljnewts1

Anybody have any idea how many pp would be in half a chicken kebab from Zaytoons... the alcohol got the better of me last night and i had to go somewher for soakage. I had 28 treat points left, so I cant imagine its more points than that.

it was basically half of one of those flatbreads, some of that kebab chicken stuff (not breaded) salad, chilli salsa and garlic sauce. Any help would be much appreciated!
    I am new to this site and have read through all of the comments, tips and recipes.

Thought I would share this with any one who loves a kebab. I discovered frozen kebab meat, didn't know you could buy it and it is just as tasty as the real takeaway ones but much less fat. 100g of the frozen meat comes in at just 5 propoints, add it to a pitta 4 pro points chilli sauce and salad you have a 9 point kebab perfect for a treat on the weekend and less cals than half a frozen pizza.

I made them with strawberries, I think the strawberries were a bit heavy so they didnt rise as much...but they taste amazing!

• Advertisement

I made them with strawberries, I think the strawberries were a bit heavy so they didnt rise as much...but they taste amazing!

If you put in a little raising agent like baking powder aswell they'd rise a little more, I'd start with 1/2 tsp and see how that goes. They look super tasty....

If you put in a little raising agent like baking powder aswell they'd rise a little more, I'd start with 1/2 tsp and see how that goes. They look super tasty....

I used self raising flour instead of using the bicarbonate

I used self raising flour instead of using the bicarbonate

You could still use a little baking powder to give them a little more lift....they rose plenty though so you totally don't need to either....

Where'd your get your wheat bran?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I made the chocolate pots that are in the calender this morning. They're so quick to make, and really nice. Only 2 propoints each too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Weigh in today

not quite my target but happy enough! Didnt do as much exercise as I should have!
    Onwards and up wards to next weeks goal!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 1- 1st Jan 154.4 (start)

Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0

Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

Week 4- 21st Jan : 146.6

Week 5- 28th Jan, Target 143

You could still use a little baking powder to give them a little more lift....they rose plenty though so you totally don't need to either....

Where'd your get your wheat bran?

Its odlums wheat bran. i woke up and it was magically in the press my mum must have got it...she says supervalu seem to stock the best range of flour and baking ingredients

yeah next time i'll add a lil baking powder, just so they look as good as they taste. they were nice and chewy and the strawberries were soft,gooey and sweet

Weigh in today

not quite my target but happy enough! Didnt do as much exercise as I should have!
    Onwards and up wards to next weeks goal!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 1- 1st Jan 154.4 (start)

Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0

Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

Week 4- 21st Jan : 146.6

Week 5- 28th Jan, Target 143

Your doing amazing!

Its odlums wheat bran. i woke up and it was magically in the press my mum must have got it...she says supervalu seem to stock the best range of flour.

yeah next time i'll add a lil baking powder, just so they look as good as they taste. they were nice and chewy and the strawberries were soft,gooey and sweet

Eh nom!! I'd murder one now!! Am in the mood for something sweet!

Just after my run, have to exercise every night between now and Wednesday to make the 5 days a week exercising for the first time...wonder will it make any difference?? Has anyone bought the pedometer? I'm wondering am I allowing enough/too much for my exercise...

I've attached a pdf of some recipes I got from www.mwah.ie where the girl there is doing ww aswell...enjoy...

does anyone know the pp of a 750ml bottle of Westcoast Cooler Rose wanted to have it tonight with dinner and a movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi all!
    Does anyone know the points in home made chicken stock? Just the leftovers of a roast chicken boiled up with stock veggies and herbs and seasoning? I'm going to strain off any fat of course! It kicks knorrs ass!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement