Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Lamb Rogan Josh is 29 for a portion before rice. Normal naan is 12 and peshwari naan is 18. No info on the Bhuna though but I'd say about 16 as it's no yogart in it....

Nom nom, loooove indian food aswell and especially Bombay Pantry.....enjoy the meal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Lamb Rogan Josh is 29 for a portion before rice. Normal naan is 12 and peshwari naan is 18. No info on the Bhuna though but I'd say about 16 as it's no yogart in it....

Nom nom, loooove indian food aswell and especially Bombay Pantry.....enjoy the meal....
    Ooooh thanks .. the rogan josh is out but the bhuna is ON!!
    Yum yum can't wait now .. You're as good, I must get that eating out guide myself.

Ooooh thanks .. the rogan josh is out but the bhuna is ON!!
    Yum yum can't wait now .. You're as good, I must get that eating out guide myself.

It's not great actually, thought it'd be better and wagamama would be in it...it's not but spose the normal stuff is....and every starbucks drink there is.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

It's not great actually, thought it'd be better and wagamama would be in it...it's not but spose the normal stuff is....and every starbucks drink there is.............
    Oh right! WW seem to cater totally for UK members and we are lucky if there are over laps! I would also have thought Wagamama would be in there .. I remember the spicy chicken ramen was 15 old points .. I hope its the same in ppts (wishful thinking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Oh right! WW seem to cater totally for UK members and we are lucky if there are over laps! I would also have thought Wagamama would be in there .. I remember the spicy chicken ramen was 15 old points .. I hope its the same in ppts (wishful thinking!)

I think it might be 23pps http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/wagamama/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was thinking a Prawn Bhuna Or Lamb Rogan Josh ...
    I had the lamb roganjosh just a few hours ago, very nice (could have been hotter) and probably mostly tomato based. Be careful pointing stuff like this, bombay give it out in those massive trays brimming, you can get bombay pantry meals in dunnes and they are normal sized (far smaller than the takeaway).

You have to remember most ready meals are about 400-450g and many of those bombay pantry dishes can be 700-900g, for the dish alone, never mind the rice and/or naan.

Their menu has little hearts beside lower fat/calorie/point meals.
    https://www.bombaypantry.com/index.php?page=food

The lowest would have been the tandoori chicken (no longer available).

I get the chicken biryani, it is very nice, comes in the long tray with rice already in it, so it is cheaper and smaller than getting a normal dish and rice/naan as extra and a smaller portion (though still more than enough).

Also look at the "Complete Meal Deals" section, these are only 8 euro including naan or rice. These are usually smaller portions, with less sauce but still plenty of chicken and more than enough overall for most.

Or you can always save some for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi everyone, just pasting in info from an email a WW leader sent us today, there was also a table giving breakdown on all wines, but its not being co-operative with the copy and paste, will try and do tomoro!
    Eimear x

Alcohol and ProPoints
    Bacardi Breezer 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Coors light 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Bulmers Light 4 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Kopperburg cider 8 ProPoints per bottle
    Cider sweet 8 ProPoints per pint
    Cider dry 7 ProPoints per pint
    Guinness 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 3 ProPoints per bottle (330ml)
    Lager Low alcohol 1 ProPoints per bottle
    Heineken 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Miller 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Spirits (Vodka, brandy, gin, rum whiskey) 3 ProPoints per 35ml (Irish pub measure)
    Baileys 6 ProPoints per 50ml
    Sherry 2 ProPoints per 50ml
    Port 3 ProPoints per 50ml
    Schnappes 4 ProPoints per 35ml
    Please note-
     You cannot work out the ProPoints of alcohol yourself as there is not enough information on the label.
     Please note that Coors light is NOT a low alcohol beer and therefore is not 1 ProPoint as some members have been thinking. Coors light is a full strength beer and works out as 4 ProPoints per bottle.
     Also remember that UK and Irish pub measures are different. Standard Irish measures are 35ml and so are higher in ProPoints than UK measures.

Again from the email from WW leader. The table will not copy and paste so here are the values below for each wine, in the amounts of:
    100ml,125ml,175ml,250ml,750ml

Red wine 2,3,4,6,19
    Dry white 2,3,3,6,18
    Med white 3,3,5,7,20
    Sweet white 3,4,6,8,25
    Rose 3,3,4,6,19
    Sparkling 3,3,4,6,19
    Champagne 3,3,5,7,20

Hope this makes sense and helps out for the weekend!
    Eimear

Strawberry Jazz - just posted some info on the Propoints Guide thread about alcohol, it was from a WW leader and got it by email today. It also states that working out alcohol points is not possible from the info on the label, and watch out for measure sizes and bottle sizes as they are often different in the UK so some info in WW materials will be wrong for Ireland - pity they can't actually produce some material specially for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks eimear, gonna print that off and add it into my folder for future reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Thanks Eimear keep up the good work.

Here are a few more items.

Denny Ham 20g slice 1 pp, 100g(5 slices) 3 pp.
    Moy park bacon & cheese kievs 9pp each
    Birdseye omega fishfingers 3(84g) grilled 5pp
    Birdseye omega fishfingers 5(140g) grilled 8pp
    Tesco Steak pie 235g 17pp:eek: each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just pasting in info from an email a WW leader sent us today, there was also a table giving breakdown on all wines, but its not being co-operative with the copy and paste, will try and do tomoro!
    Eimear x

Alcohol and ProPoints
    Bacardi Breezer 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Coors light 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Bulmers Light 4 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Kopperburg cider 8 ProPoints per bottle
    Cider sweet 8 ProPoints per pint
    Cider dry 7 ProPoints per pint
    Guinness 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 3 ProPoints per bottle (330ml)
    Lager Low alcohol 1 ProPoints per bottle
    Heineken 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Miller 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Spirits (Vodka, brandy, gin, rum whiskey) 3 ProPoints per 35ml (Irish pub measure)
    Baileys 6 ProPoints per 50ml
    Sherry 2 ProPoints per 50ml
    Port 3 ProPoints per 50ml
    Schnappes 4 ProPoints per 35ml
    Please note-
     You cannot work out the ProPoints of alcohol yourself as there is not enough information on the label.
     Please note that Coors light is NOT a low alcohol beer and therefore is not 1 ProPoint as some members have been thinking. Coors light is a full strength beer and works out as 4 ProPoints per bottle.
     Also remember that UK and Irish pub measures are different. Standard Irish measures are 35ml and so are higher in ProPoints than UK measures.
    OMG! I've been drinking Budweiser thinking its 1PP a 330ml bottle, as I used the calculator and thats what it said. Did they give anymore info on what was missing from the labels on alcohol as, Fat, Fibre, Carbs, Protein and KCals is all on the label. I better go back through my tracker and change all the PP and add more for the beer I drank:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hillyrob check the budweiser bottle as i think the info on it is for 100ml not the whole bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

dasa29 wrote: »
    Hillyrob check the budweiser bottle as i think the info on it is for 100ml not the whole bottle.
    I checked the info on 10 different websites all of them give you the info for a 330ml bottle at 5% strength. Budweiser 330ml bottle total amounts
    Protein 1.3
    Carbs 10.6
    Fat 0
    Fibre 0
    If you input into the calculator all the above per 330ml serving size 330ml you get 1PP
    I'm really confussed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder how they worked it out so... You can get info online for many products, but only trust the Irish site. Did they give any indication of the formula for alcohol if you have all the figures -seems they might be keeping it secret

This is the new US pointsplus forumla for alcohol
    b317b863d6eb818087c94c2e9a32a784.png
    Please note that Coors light is NOT a low alcohol beer and therefore is not 1 ProPoint as some members have been thinking.
    Coors light is low carb and 4.3%, I cannot think of any beer which would be 1PP if coors light is 4PP, this would suggest the beer is only 1.1%. Did they give any examples of these low alcohol beers?
    Standard Irish measures are 35ml and so are higher in ProPoints than UK measures.
    percentages also vary, e.g. becks Vier is 4% in the UK and 4.3% here, so higher in points here. It is not always a simple case of adjusting for volumes.
    Red wine 2,3,4,6,19
    Dry white 2,3,3,6,18
    Med white 3,3,5,7,20
    Sweet white 3,4,6,8,25
    Rose 3,3,4,6,19
    Sparkling 3,3,4,6,19
    Champagne 3,3,5,7,20
    These wines will vary with % too.
    hillyrob wrote: »
    If you input into the calculator all the above per 330ml serving size 330ml you get 1PP
    IT needs an alcohol input in the calculator, alcohol is neither fat, fibre, carb, protein -but it has calories. It should have a % input of alcohol and let it do the math. The forumla above is ridiculous, you have to work out the grams of alcohol yourself, and while water is approx 1gram per 1ml, alcohol is lighter per ml so makes it extraordinarily complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Thanks for that eimear. Quick question, do you know if the kopparberg is 8 points for a 500ml or 330ml bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

Strawberry Jazz - just posted some info on the Propoints Guide thread about alcohol, it was from a WW leader and got it by email today. It also states that working out alcohol points is not possible from the info on the label, and watch out for measure sizes and bottle sizes as they are often different in the UK so some info in WW materials will be wrong for Ireland - pity they can't actually produce some material specially for us!

@eimear1 -Thank you so much - big big help! :D

@Kildareash - thats a good idea, I was thinking of doing that myself but we'll see how the copper coins turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Can anyone help i dont seem to be using any "healthy oils"

i dont use oil to fry anything as ive non stick pans so have never needed it and i bake most everything else can anyone tell me what i should introduce into my diet to get my portions of this ever day

this would be a typical day
    B
    3 kelkin multigrain rice cakes with flaxseed & quinoa - 2pp
    20g Kelkin Smooth Peanut Butter - 3pp
    Banana
    WW Yougurt - 1pp

L
    1 Country Kitchen Multigrain Wrap - 4pp
    15g Old El Paso Thick n chunky Hot Salsa - 0pp
    20g Low fat grted Cheddar - 1pp
    50g Cooked Chicken pieces - 1pp
    Lettuce, Onion, Tomato & Pepper - 0pp
    Homemade Tomato Soup - 0pp

D (having different things every day)
    (Sat) Dinner at fiends (35pp)
    (Sun) Pork Escalope with baby potaoes & pepper sauce (10pp)
    (Mon) Pitta with mince & guacamole (old el paso) and cous cous salad (17pp)
    (Tues) Beef steak strips & Noodle Curry (21pp)
    (Wed) Fish & Chips (19pp)
    (Thurs) Mexican layered Chicken (12pp) WW Recipe

S
    Velvet Crunch - 2pp
    2x small apples (fun size) - 0pp
    2x small pears (fun size) - 0pp

Its my 3rd Weigh in tomorrow morning and ive lost weight every week so far but feel like i might be missing something

can anyone help me out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

Hi,
    I haven't tried the PP yet myself, but have successfully lost weight with WW on several occasions, I have noticed over the years that when one has lost and regained a few stone, it does get progressively harder to shift, with a much slower weight loss the last and FINAL time I have done it. I think part of this is the fact that I'm a lot older, but also that when you constantly lose, then regain weight, you are increasing the proportion of fat in your body each time. If you lose 5lbs, only 1-2 lbs of that will be actual fat, but if you gain 5lbs, it will be mostly fat, if you get me.

Interval training and varying my points daily in order to surprise my body helped, but it did take me 14 months to lose what took me 6 mths to lose 20 years ago. Just each time you do it, you will have to work harder for slower results. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great to read about how well everyone is doing with their losses. Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Some more PP from some of my shopping this morning...I'm actually becoming obsessed with PP, but in a good way!! Am actually enjoying myself this time...what is wrong with me?!?! ;)

Cuisine de France Parisien (100g) 7PP
    Jacobs Cream Crackers (each) 1PP
    Large free range egg (1) 3PP
    McCoys Salt & Vinegar (32g) 5PP
    Flora Light (5g) 1PP
    Knorr Quick Soup Gourmet - Cream of Mushroom (190ml) 2PP
    Cully & Sully Vegetable Soup (whole tub 400g) 6PP
    Yoplait Bramley Apple Yoghurt (125g) 3PP
    Cheesestring (Original - 21g) 2PP
    Country Crest Premium Baby Potatoes (100g) 2PP
    Aunt Bessie's Chunky Croquettes (100g - about 1/5 of a bag, not sure how many that works out at...oven cooked) 5PP
    Tesco Lighter than Light Mayonaise (15ml) 0PP / (30ml) 1PP
    Muller Mini Crunch Yoghurt (Vanilla / Banana Choc Balls - 85g) 3PP
    Nutella (15g) 2PP
    Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Sauce (15g) 1PP
    Green Giant Mini Corn Cobs (each) 3PP
    Tesco Skinless Pork Sausages (2 - grilled) 4PP
    Tesco (Disney) Seedless Raisins (14g box) 1PP
    Kingsmill Soft White Rolls (each) 4PP
    Malteasers (37g bag - standard) 5PP

x :) x

Does anyone know what the alcohol % is in Coors Lite or Miller? Miller is 5 pp a bottle so am trying to figure out if Corona is the same...it's 4.6% alcohol but again there's not enough on the label.....thanks

Does anyone know what the alcohol % is in Coors Lite or Miller? Miller is 5 pp a bottle so am trying to figure out if Corona is the same...it's 4.6% alcohol but again there's not enough on the label.....thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kastle

i am on the weightwatchers pro points plan and have been good for weeks only thing is i want a takeaway this weekend;) but dont know how many propoints are in the food eg mc donalds, kfc, chinese??
    can anyone help with this

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Can anyone help i dont seem to be using any "healthy oils"

i dont use oil to fry anything as ive non stick pans so have never needed it and i bake most everything else can anyone tell me what i should introduce into my diet to get my portions of this ever day

Try avocado, its great in salads or on top of bread :) Lots of good oil there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

I always pointed corona the same as miller on the old system. Same basic drink. I'd say you're well safe with that!

I'm in agony from the dentist today. Can only eat soft foods for the next 5 days. Going to eat soup, mash potatoe, mashed banana and spaghetti hoops. Mayeb some scrambled egg.
    I will be craving proper food for def. Hopef it'll help me for my WI Tuesday.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DC1976

Does anyone know what pro points are in a slice of granary bread ?
    This forum is great, i like the new pro points and done it last week for first week and lost 4lbs so must be doing something right. Takes a bit more time but at least it gets you back to basics of counting your intake.

The Quorn chicken style dippers and chicken burgers are not bad.... dont go near the normal burgers ......rough !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Hi guys,

Am heading here tonight

http://www.fxbrestaurants.com/bullcastle/gastro-pub/menus.html

May have soup for starter or the caesar salad and mussels for main with the chips.

Anyone help me point it? or recommend alternatives for lower? I still have my 49 weekly points intact and 20+ points for today.

Going to Tommy Tiernan so will be having alcohol as well

Bernso wrote: »
    I always pointed corona the same as miller on the old system. Same basic drink. I'd say you're well safe with that!

I'm in agony from the dentist today. Can only eat soft foods for the next 5 days. Going to eat soup, mash potatoe, mashed banana and spaghetti hoops. Mayeb some scrambled egg.
    I will be craving proper food for def. Hopef it'll help me for my WI Tuesday.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks Bernso, and poor you aswell with the dentist...fingers crossed a soft food diet works....;)

Corona is such a waste then.....I'd rather a glass of wine cos I'd drink it slower I think.....

• Advertisement

DC1976 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what pro points are in a slice of granary bread ?
    This forum is great, i like the new pro points and done it last week for first week and lost 4lbs so must be doing something right. Takes a bit more time but at least it gets you back to basics of counting your intake.

The Quorn chicken style dippers and chicken burgers are not bad.... dont go near the normal burgers ......rough !!

I'd go for 3 points per slice.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement