Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Love this thread, finding it so hard to find useful sites on the internet for PP.

Caramel Mini 2 PP
    Crunchie Mini 2 pp
    Moro Mini 3 pp
    Twirl Mini 3 pp
    2 x Weetabix 3pp

Grilled Breakfast 8 pp:

Streaky Rasher 2 pp
    Small Sausage 2 pp
    Grilled Mushrooms 0
    Grilled Cherry Tomatoes 0
    Poached Egg 2 pp
    Brown Toast 2 pp

Pitta Bread 4 pp
    Sauce : chopped tomatoe + tomatoe puree 0 pp
    Cheddar Cheese 15-20g 2 pp
    Mushrooms 0 pp
    Cherry Tomatoes 0 pp
    Sweetcorn 2 tsp 1 pp
    Rocket salad 0 pp

Grill for 5-7 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

I started WW last week and had my first WI on Wednedsay last. I was down 3lbs :)

Looking forward to my next WI to see if I can match that. AND there were 2 birthdays at work this week and I didn't have any cake. GO ME! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Bernso wrote: »
    Hey,
    I've been sick and today i was handed a dime bar by a colleague and gobbled it. NEVER eat choc but ya know when yer fooked with flu..
    I looked it up and it is on loads of threads as 3.5 old points.
    Does any choc fan know the pro points of it? Really want to stick to it this week so would REALLY appreciate it.Thanks in advance:)

I love love dime bars and they are only 4 pro points so don't feel guilty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

kastle wrote: »
    i am on the weightwatchers pro points plan and have been good for weeks only thing is i want a takeaway this weekend;) but dont know how many propoints are in the food eg mc donalds, kfc, chinese??
    can anyone help with this

McDonalds isn't bad at all, I allocate 25 ppts for a Chicken Burger and large fries. Ordinary burgers, nuggets etc are much lower. You can actually see all the nutritional info on their website and can work it out exactly. Chinese isn't too bad either, veg, prawn or chowmein dishes seem best, rice is quite high but most people I know don't eat the full rice. I'd say you'd be ok to allow 25 - 30 points for standard dishes. I'd avoid Indian or Chipper for a while, they are just too high.

• Advertisement

lil kc wrote: »
    Love this thread, finding it so hard to find useful sites on the internet for PP.

Grilled Breakfast 8 pp:

Streaky Rasher 2 pp
    Small Sausage 2 pp
    Grilled Mushrooms 0
    Grilled Cherry Tomatoes 0
    Poached Egg 2 pp
    Brown Toast 2 pp

That breakie looks good for the weekend, especially if it's brunch, you could add another slice of toast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

soph! wrote: »
    I love love dime bars and they are only 4 pro points so don't feel guilty

Wow that's not bad at all, thanks Soph.
    There's plenty in it. Now I know if I do want a choc treat what I'll go for.
    Yum YUM!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

kashmir wrote: »
    That breakie looks good for the weekend, especially if it's brunch, you could add another slice of toast :)

I agree.
    For me I'd skip the sausage and have a large egg for 3pp.
    I also love the ww rasher medallions.
    I usually have:
    2 x ww bacon medallions 2pp
    1 large egg poached 3pp
    Mushrooms+tomaotes fried in own juices 0pp
    1 x ww pitta 3
    1 tspn flora light/ proactive spread 1pp

This is 9 pp but is so yummy and ultra filling as brunch.
    A snack of fruit is all you need before dinner after this and then you've plenty left for a nice dinner even a takeaway.
    Love weekends :)

Yeah its my Sunday treat :D

Anyone have any good recipes for smoothies? I don't eat fruit but will happily drink it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bernso & lil kc - between the pair of ye I'm starving, but reallying looking forward to the weekend as well.

Heading home now to a WW pizza (one of the larger 11 ppt ones) and half bottle of red.

Have a great weekend everybody. Keep up the good work and keep smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »
    I find spirit and a diet mixer the best value...it's 3pp for a pub measure. What's your normal drink?
    I always get a pint of water with my first drink too, when I'm sober enough to remember to drink water! Lol!

@smileyface...I'm not sure why ur weight wld fluctuate like that. But just draw a line under it and keep focused for nxt wk.

@ladylainy....I was having q nose in the off topic thread and someone was recommending magnesium spray. Said they had used a couple of sprays the night before and had a great sleep. Might be worth checking it out. It is a full moon this week and I know that can sometimes have a weird effect on my sleep.

I have the banana loaf from the Sunday world supplement in the oven...smells good. Had the chicken curry from the folder the other night and it was Delish. OH loved it and normally he asks is this WW or normal food! what a support!

Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend :)

Oooh take pics if you can! I know if i made it i'd eat the entire thing!
    My mum got me silicone muffin trays today! Making those Breakfast muffins tomorrow :D

Nescafe Skinny Cappuccino....1 propoint! A FREAKING BARGAIN!
    And...Lidl sell them! So they're quite affordable :D
    Money and Point bargain all rolled into one!

Running out of ways to cook this quick and easy staple?
    Here are seven tasty new ideas.

Chicken breasts are the busy person's salvation. When you have a late night at work, they defrost in a flash and cook just as quickly. Inject your culinary repertoire with a little variety and try these easy takes on the ultimate quick dinner.

1. Bake Them
    Place some skinless chicken breasts on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper and season with salt and pepper. Try one of these two toppings to accompany the chicken. Simply spray the suggested topping with low fat cooking spray and bake with the breasts:

Halved cherry tomatoes, sliced fennel, slivered garlic and fresh thyme for a distinct Mediterranean flavour.
    ProPoints® value per medium chicken breast: 4

Courgette strips, fresh thyme and 30g crumbled reduced-fat feta.
    ProPoints value per medium chicken breast: 5

Bake in a 210°C oven for about 20 minutes.

2. Use a Spice Rub
    Grind dried spices and herbs in a spice grinder or in a pestle and mortar. Our favourite combinations are:

Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon.
    ProPoints value per medium chicken breast: 4

Cumin, paprika, chilli powder, oregano and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Massage the mixture into the chicken breasts, then refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to 12 hours. Spray the chicken breasts with low fat cooking spray then grill or saute the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes over medium-high heat, or until just cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.

3. Beat them Flat
    Arrange the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film, then beat them to a 1cm thickness with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Spread one of these two mixtures over the breasts:

Baby spinach leaves, dill and 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
    ProPoints value per medium chicken breast: 5

Chopped fresh rocket leaves, halved cherry tomatoes and rosemary.

Spray a casserole dish with oil spray. Roll the breasts with the filling inside. Secure with coctail sticks or shortened bamboo skewers and place seam-side-down in the casserole dish. Bake at 210°C for approximately 25 minutes, basting them twice with a little chicken stock.

4. Try a Stir Fry
    Cut the breasts into strips. Spray a non-stick wok or non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add crushed garlic, grated ginger and chopped shallots over high heat. Add the chicken strips, 2 tbsp oyster sauce and 2tbs soy sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Toss in sliced carrots, broccoli florets or bok choy and continue stir frying for 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

5. Use Pre-Made Sauce
    Cut the breasts into 3cm cubes. Spray with low fat cooking spray and brown in a non-stick frying pan. Add your favourite jarred tomato-based pasta sauce or passata. Cook the chicken and sauce over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over wholemeal pasta and sprinkle with basil leaves.

ProPoints value per medium chicken breast: 9 (this is based on 1 medium cooked, grilled chicken breast served with 150g wholemeal cooked pasta.

6. Steam Them
    Slice skinless chicken breast fillets into thin stips and steam them with your favourite vegetables and an aromatic herb. For an Asian twist, try mange tout, shiitake mushrooms and crushed lemongrass. Discard the lemongrass before serving and sprinkle with fresh coriander.

7. Make Kebabs
    Cut the breasts into 3cm cubes then slide them onto metal skewers or pre-soaked wooden skewers. Add your vegetables of choice: onion wedges, sliced green pepper or quartered yellow squash. Brush chicken with a marinade made from 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp cumin. Grill or pan-fry the skewers for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Squeeze with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped coriander or parsley.

ProPoints value per medium chicken breast: 8

Bernso & lil kc - between the pair of ye I'm starving, but reallying looking forward to the weekend as well.

Heading home now to a WW pizza (one of the larger 11 ppt ones) and half bottle of red.

Have a great weekend everybody. Keep up the good work and keep smiling.

Ah I just have half a normal margharita pizza from goodfellas and load it up with lots of 0 point stuff. Very hard to resist the other half though! 12 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

I used the propoints calculator to work out my points allowance per day... it says 39 ... Does this sound right? I have been doing the pp counting for 5 days now and am seldom hungry eating that amount, that's why I'm wondering if it's correct! Obviously I'd be eating more than most because I've more to love about 5 1/2 stone...

The other thing is the 49 points extra per week.... ok If i was going out this weekend I could see how I'd use up the points... Like 4 pints of bulmers is 32 and a big mac is 13 and the misc other 4 pps...

But, If I'm not eating out or going out for drinks... I think I'd be eating excessive amounts of food to make up my 49 extra points especially since my daily allowance is high... I'm doing the weight watchers at home program so I can't go to a leader and ask!

Can you guys tell me if I'm doing this correctly.. If I weigh myself monday and have put on weight I'll go mad having spent 86euro on the 'at home' pack!! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Anyone have any good recipes for smoothies? I don't eat fruit but will happily drink it :rolleyes:

I made this one today:

half a banana
    half a kiwi
    1 satsuma
    strawberries
    Ice

was yummy & all free :)

you could add in low fat natural yoghurt aswell, maybe about 2pp's worth

starflake wrote: »
    I used the propoints calculator to work out my points allowance per day... it says 39 ... Does this sound right? I have been doing the pp counting for 5 days now and am seldom hungry eating that amount, that's why I'm wondering if it's correct! Obviously I'd be eating more than most because I've more to love about 5 1/2 stone...

The other thing is the 49 points extra per week.... ok If i was going out this weekend I could see how I'd use up the points... Like 4 pints of bulmers is 32 and a big mac is 13 and the misc other 4 pps...

But, If I'm not eating out or going out for drinks... I think I'd be eating excessive amounts of food to make up my 49 extra points especially since my daily allowance is high... I'm doing the weight watchers at home program so I can't go to a leader and ask!

Can you guys tell me if I'm doing this correctly.. If I weigh myself monday and have put on weight I'll go mad having spent 86euro on the 'at home' pack!! Thanks in advance!

I'm on 45 daily + 49 weekly. I do use the weekly points too! Week one i lost 4.6lbs Week 2 i did gain 2.6lbs (but it was my birthday i was drinking and eating like a lunatic...plus i started back at the gym so i think i gained muscle as my jeans got REALLY loose all of a sudden) Week 3 weight in this sunday...i took a sneaky peak...i down 3lbs so far :P....and thats with eating my full 45 a day plus i've used ALL my weekly points

Sign up to www.weightwatchers.co.uk its fantasitc, and only about 12 euro a month. they have special offers for new members on there site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

One more quick idea for a chicken breast

Make a little pocket into the side of the chicken and fill with a tablespoon of philidelphia extra light, very thinly sliced garlic, fresh chives (or any herb of your fancy) and season well. If you have 2 extra pps to spare, wrap it with 2 thin slices of parma ham, but it tastes pretty good without. Wrap it very tightly in greaseproof/parchment paper and back in the over for 25-30 mins!

For a medium chicken breast its only 5 pp or 7pp with the parma ham, and it really is delicious!

starlight1 wrote: »
    I made this one today:

half a banana
    half a kiwi
    1 satsuma
    strawberries
    Ice

was yummy & all free :)

you could add in low fat natural yoghurt aswell, maybe about 2pp's worth

Ah thanks a mil sounds yummie, will give that a go over the weekend:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm on 45 daily + 49 weekly. I do use the weekly points too! Week one i lost 4.6lbs Week 2 i did gain 2.6lbs (but it was my birthday i was drinking and eating like a lunatic...plus i started back at the gym so i think i gained muscle as my jeans got REALLY loose all of a sudden) Week 3 weight in this sunday...i took a sneaky peak...i down 3lbs so far :P....and thats with eating my full 45 a day plus i've used ALL my weekly points

Sign up to www.weightwatchers.co.uk its fantasitc, and only about 12 euro a month. they have special offers for new members on there site.

Thanks Lady! I was freakin out at least I know I'm doing it correctly! That's fantastic my gosh fair play to you, If I do half as well as you so far I'll be delighted! You should be very proud! Thanks again! I'll keep an eye out for you to see how you're doing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Weigh in tomo- just did my exercise dvd...fingers crossed I get to my goal of 145!

Let you know tomo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The frozen dessert section in Tesco have frozen strawberries and raspberries (seperate trays). They are 0PP.

I usually use a handful of each, half a banana and a splash of orange (or apple or multivitamin) juice and they are gorgeous. Just like the innocent smoothies.

Just point the juice at 1PP depending on how much you use.

starflake wrote: »
    Thanks Lady! I was freakin out at least I know I'm doing it correctly! That's fantastic my gosh fair play to you, If I do half as well as you so far I'll be delighted! You should be very proud! Thanks again! I'll keep an eye out for you to see how you're doing!

Ah thanks very much! I was doing great last summer, but a little thing called college threw me in caos. I kinda burnt out ww wise. but being sick over christmas forced me to just take a time out. and kinda recharged my batteries and my motivation. The new pro points definitely works with college. I will over point things if i'm not sure of them...so the weekly points do get used up here or there, i dont go out of my way to use them, but they come in handy for my
    "just in case i better point this at...." foods.

I'm only aiming for 1lb a week...i do well when I'm not putting pressure on my self...1lb a week is over 4st in a year....i would be over the freaking mooon with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Weigh in tomo- just did my exercise dvd...fingers crossed I get to my goal of 145!

Let you know tomo!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm only aiming for 1lb a week...i do well when I'm not putting pressure on my self...1lb a week is over 4st in a year....i would be over the freaking mooon with that!

That's the right attitude to have. I feel the same about weigh-ins, and there are some weeks when you're just relieved to stay the same. Anything more than a 1lb is a bonus.
    Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations of what they want to loose, but you only end up feeling disappointed and start reaching for the comfort food again.

Let you know tomo!

Good luck, have the fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I love this thread, so thank you Astra.

I have ignored my weight for years and decided to join WW wednesday week ago on my own (after a 5 year absence). I made the choice not to tell a lot of people, but do enjoy talking about it to fellow WW's all the same!!

I have 4 stone to loose, so quite a bit, but i have reached the point where I am sick of crash dieting and loosing loads and then putting on twice as much again.

I find that i am eating loads on the pro point system and not going near my 49 points I was surprised that i lost 4lbs in my first week. I can be very good during the week, but the friday and saturday are my killer. I have changed my lifestyle by cutting out alcohol during the week, but it needed to be done and I am glad I took the plunge to join.

I LOVE this receipe - chicken breast with a small bit of garlic paste, pepper and soy sauce. Bash the chicken up between two pieces of cling film until its totally flat, fry with 2 spray's of frylite. Serve it with 0 pp veg and 1 portion of bulgar wheat - yum and only 8 pp for a very big and satisfying dinner!!

Keep up the good work on the thread, I will follow it foe sure.

Cabury carmel/cream egg mini's = 2 pp (pointed it today):D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Don't know about the rest of you but with fruit being free on ProPoints my desk at work is like a little Moore Street with red grapes, bananas and clementines for me to nibble on during the day :pac:
    Was never one for eating the amount of fruit I eat during the day - that has to be a good thing :D energy levels are up a little so am finding myself walking more to cancel out the bold things that are eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

One more quick idea for a chicken breast

Make a little pocket into the side of the chicken and fill with a tablespoon of philidelphia extra light, very thinly sliced garlic, fresh chives (or any herb of your fancy) and season well. If you have 2 extra pps to spare, wrap it with 2 thin slices of parma ham, but it tastes pretty good without. Wrap it very tightly in greaseproof/parchment paper and back in the over for 25-30 mins!

For a medium chicken breast its only 5 pp or 7pp with the parma ham, and it really is delicious!

slightly drunk, so printing this out cos lest i forget to read back over this tomorrow. worked for years in a cafe, can cook for forty people but cooking for one is still a mystery! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

having a blow out tonight, that said my WI is thursdays, and already I have 12 Exercised Pro points worked up just by WALKING PAST THE BUS STOP, lets hope it doesnt rain soon!!! Decided today I was gonna use my treat points and have a bottle of wine a 'NO COUNT' nite(I will take it from my treat points but fool myself). Stayed completly off the grog the last two weeks and by Wednesday each week was going mental and couldnt stop eating almost sabotagin my way in, so decided this week i was gonna have aformentioned 'no count nite'.
    sorry for the ramble but I am muchos drunkos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just pasting in info from an email a WW leader sent us today, there was also a table giving breakdown on all wines, but its not being co-operative with the copy and paste, will try and do tomoro!
    Eimear x

Alcohol and ProPoints
    Bacardi Breezer 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Coors light 4 ProPoints per bottle
    Bulmers Light 4 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Kopperburg cider 8 ProPoints per bottle
    Cider sweet 8 ProPoints per pint
    Cider dry 7 ProPoints per pint
    Guinness 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 6 ProPoints per pint
    Lager 3 ProPoints per bottle (330ml)
    Lager Low alcohol 1 ProPoints per bottle
    Heineken 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Miller 5 ProPoints per 330ml bottle
    Spirits (Vodka, brandy, gin, rum whiskey) 3 ProPoints per 35ml (Irish pub measure)
    Baileys 6 ProPoints per 50ml
    Sherry 2 ProPoints per 50ml
    Port 3 ProPoints per 50ml
    Schnappes 4 ProPoints per 35ml
    Please note-
     You cannot work out the ProPoints of alcohol yourself as there is not enough information on the label.
     Please note that Coors light is NOT a low alcohol beer and therefore is not 1 ProPoint as some members have been thinking. Coors light is a full strength beer and works out as 4 ProPoints per bottle.
     Also remember that UK and Irish pub measures are different. Standard Irish measures are 35ml and so are higher in ProPoints than UK measures.

I sent an email to WW regarding the calculator, and Budweiser being 1PP this was their reply to me:
    Dear Hilary,
    Thank you for your email. We apologise for the delay in response.
    Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, we need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator.
    We have included information on generic drinks such as bitter, lager, cider, wine and some spirits and this can be found on page 108 in Shop and are listed on eSource.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement