Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Minx23 wrote: »
    Yikes I see the Propoints thread has just merged with an older WW one. Im quite new to Boards & didnt realise that was possible!

This thread is now WAY too long for me to read through the whole thing (I was following the Propoints one from the begining in January) So please excuse me if Im asking a question that has already been asked / answered.

I know everyone on WW always loves their Curlywurlys (which are now 3 propoints) but I was wondering if there are any other low point chocolate bars by Cadburys or any of the other usual chocolate makers?

Im asking because I did a food shop the other day and bought lots of different WW branded treats to try them out. I was shocked at how expensive some of them were and disappointed by the taste of many of them too.

Any ideas would be great :)

Its such a pity (well I would say that as I started the tread:p). It was much easier to find the pp of different items and didnt need to wade through so many posts. Cant understand why really because there was always a points tread for the old point system called " how many ww points are in?" surely it would have been better to have merged with that? Anyway no point in complaining theres so much anti ww posts on this site, it would only stir up a hornets nest!!
    Now to answer your question cadbury fruit n nut approx 40g 6pp. I agree ww bars arent great you would be better off with a smaller tastier bar.
    Btw get a notebook and write in any pp products you see on here will make it easier for future reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I was wondering if there are any other low point chocolate bars by Cadburys or any of the other usual chocolate makers?

Im asking because I did a food shop the other day and bought lots of different WW branded treats to try them out. I was shocked at how expensive some of them were and disappointed by the taste of many of them too.

Tesco do a lovely low fat choc, raisin & biscuit bar, 2PP. About same size as WW caramel wafers. They are in purple pack and usually close by to the WW choc bars and rice cakes and that. They also do an orange choc one which I havent tried yet and its 3PP.

Fudge bars are suppose to be low aswell although I couldn't tell you the points as haven't bought one since I started in WW in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

hey guys, i'm hoping some/one of ye on here can help. My OH has been very supportive of me the last couple of weeks and wants to jump on the band wagon but would not be interested in actually attending the classes. Just wondering does anyone know how many daily pro-points would a man in the 18-19st weight bracket have???

Please and thank you.

Spicy Spanish Meatballs (serves 4) - 6PP per portion

Ingredients:

500g lean lamb mince
    3 cloves of garlic
    Tbsp of mixed herbs
    1 onion
    500ml Passata
    Tbsp tomatoe puree
    2 egg whites
    2 Tbsp paprika
    1 Veg stock cube
    Low cal oil spray

1. Chop onion and garlic finely. Put in a bowl with the mixed herbs, 2 egg whites and lamb.
    2. Mix well and then make meatballs with your hands. (Makes about 18 decent meatballs).
    3. Spray a few sprays in a frying pan and cook meatballs until browned. (Careful when turning them as they can break, I used 2 spoons to turn them as I found the bigger wooden spoons/spatula's broke them up the first time I made the recipe).
    4. Add the passata, tomatoe puree and paprika. Stir and let simmer for 25-30 minutes.
    5. Serve with pasta of choice (not forgetting to add the extra points).

Tonight is the second time I made it and it is absolutely gorgeous and really filling. You can add some parmesan to it too but add extra points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Monife wrote: »
    Spicy Spanish Meatballs (serves 4) - 6PP per portion

Ingredients:

500g lean lamb mince
    3 cloves of garlic
    Tbsp of mixed herbs
    1 onion
    500ml Passata
    Tbsp tomatoe puree
    2 egg whites
    2 Tbsp paprika
    1 Veg stock cube
    Low cal oil spray

1. Chop onion and garlic finely. Put in a bowl with the mixed herbs, 2 egg whites and lamb.
    2. Mix well and then make meatballs with your hands. (Makes about 18 decent meatballs).
    3. Spray a few sprays in a frying pan and cook meatballs until browned. (Careful when turning them as they can break, I used 2 spoons to turn them as I found the bigger wooden spoons/spatula's broke them up the first time I made the recipe).
    4. Add the passata, tomatoe puree and paprika. Stir and let simmer for 25-30 minutes.
    5. Serve with pasta of choice (not forgetting to add the extra points).

Tonight is the second time I made it and it is absolutely gorgeous and really filling. You can add some parmesan to it too but add extra points. :)

Hey Monife, whats the pp value of the Lamb mince, is it much different to Beef?

• Advertisement

Hiya, it says 140g of lamb mince is 7PP, no values for the lean lamb mince so I point the lean one as 6PP.

For beef mince, 125g extra lean beef mince is 6PP and 140g normal beef mince is 8PP.

Each portion of meatballs is about 120g lean lamb mince.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh that sounds REALLY good!

Going to have to try that some weekend when i have the kitchen to my self!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Bernso wrote: »
    I wonder what pp those ristorante pizzas are? Does anyone know?
    They are mega thin and the mozorella one is fab. I'd imagine they're alot less than takeout but could be well wrong there.

These are 12PP per half a pizza...

With a nice big side salad....thats actually not too bad! YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Deadly, loving this. Half is mre than enough. great for cooking if having friends over or whatever with some beers.
    Thanks Garden gurl!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

dizzymiss wrote: »
    hey guys, i'm hoping some/one of ye on here can help. My OH has been very supportive of me the last couple of weeks and wants to jump on the band wagon but would not be interested in actually attending the classes. Just wondering does anyone know how many daily pro-points would a man in the 18-19st weight bracket have???

Please and thank you.

Hi my oh doing the same just following it from my books hes just over 18 stone and his daily allowence is 53 he usually only uses about 48 a day and he has lost 12lb in 2 weeks

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    With a nice big side salad....thats actually not too bad! YUM!

Agreed! They're really tasty pizzas.
    I'm still on a post dentist soft diet so pointing all sorts of foods I can't eat for when I can eat properly again.
    Mind you having no problem filling points with lots of creamy mash etc! LOL

Sunday night TV snack idea:)

Look it's all about low pp and what you have in sometimes right?

Well right now I just made the following for only 3pp

Scooped out 2 kiwis onto a plate and covered in a ww vanilla yoghurt (1pp)
    Scooped out a low fat tesco chocolate mousse beside it and I have a large plate of dessert that is pleasing to eat and to look at!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

astra2000 wrote: »
    Its such a pity (well I would say that as I started the tread:p). It was much easier to find the pp of different items and didnt need to wade through so many posts. Cant understand why really because there was always a points tread for the old point system called " how many ww points are in?" surely it would have been better to have merged with that? Anyway no point in complaining theres so much anti ww posts on this site, it would only stir up a hornets nest!!
    Now to answer your question cadbury fruit n nut approx 40g 6pp. I agree ww bars arent great you would be better off with a smaller tastier bar.
    Btw get a notebook and write in any pp products you see on here will make it easier for future reference!

Luckily I have yet to come across any negative or anti-WW comments on here. I dont understand why anyone would bother knocking something so positive that helps people struggling with their weight.

I think the notebook idea is great and Iv been doing that since I first started following your original Propoint thread.

I did weight watchers before in 2007/2008 and lost 4 and a half stone, but I went off travelling the world for 18 months and put it all back on!:(

I was nervous about rejoining WW when I heard there was going to be a whole new system as I use to know the points for everything in my head.

But Im actually delighted now that Im into it because it feels like a whole new adventure and I have to engage with the basics again.

I lost 5.5lbs my first week. 2lbs my second and Im getting weighed for the 3rd week tomorrow. The weight is comming off slower this time round but Im determined that this time Im loosing it for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

elsy wrote: »
    Hi my oh doing the same just following it from my books hes just over 18 stone and his daily allowence is 53 he usually only uses about 48 a day and he has lost 12lb in 2 weeks

Elsy, thanks so much. You're a star*

This thread has become one of my most valued WW tools but God Almight it doesnt half make ya hungry reading all the food suggestions and recipes!!! :D

I know everyone on WW always loves their Curlywurlys (which are now 3 propoints) but I was wondering if there are any other low point chocolate bars by Cadburys or any of the other usual chocolate makers?

Hi Minx,

I bought the WW chocolate mini rolls last week in Dunnes cuz they were selling them off as they had the old points on them...I repointed them and they came out as 3PP but tonight out of curiousty I pointed the cadbury's mini rolls & they're 3PP too!!

The WW products are too expensive & I find they don't taste as nice as the original "bad" products! All the good stuff is taken out of the WW...

Hi Minx,

I bought the WW chocolate mini rolls last week in Dunnes cuz they were selling them off as they had the old points on them...I repointed them and they came out as 3PP but tonight out of curiousty I pointed the cadbury's mini rolls & they're 3PP too!!

The WW products are too expensive & I find they don't taste as nice as the original "bad" products! All the good stuff is taken out of the WW...

Its just a matter of keeping an eye on all the supermarkets...every week...one of the big chains has ww products on special offer. Throw out all those election leaflets your going to get in the next few weeks....the important leaflets are Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalu! LOL

Hi Minx,

Wow thats brilliant! Id say the Cadburys version are miles tastier than the WW ones for sure!

I just adore my chocolate, its one of the reasons WW works for me because if a diet says you have to cut out sweet things altogether than realistically Im not going to be able to stick to it for very long!

Theres nothing as comforting as something sweet and a nice cup of tea! Especially on a freezing cold night like tonight!!!

I have to recommend tesco.ie for pointing foods!!

They have the nutritional values on the product pages and its just so convenient to point things from the comfort of my sofa and not look like a completely crazy person with the calculator out at every new food item I don't know!! Saves me hours in the supermarket too! ha!

You need to sign up to tesco.ie and then click "start shopping"....as simple as that!!

• Advertisement

I just adore my chocolate, its one of the reasons WW works for me because if a diet says you have to cut out sweet things altogether than realistically Im not going to be able to stick to it for very long!

Theres nothing as comforting as something sweet and a nice cup of tea! Especially on a freezing cold night like tonight!!!

My H2B read earlier to pop a mini roll in the microwave for ten seconds and then pop a (small) dollop of ice cream / cream on top, its suppose to be scrummy!!

I have to recommend tesco.ie for pointing foods!!

They have the nutritional values on the product pages and its just so convenient to point things from the comfort of my sofa and not look like a completely crazy person with the calculator out at every new food item I don't know!! Saves me hours in the supermarket too! ha!

You need to sign up to tesco.ie and then click "start shopping"....as simple as that!!

Yes! I ALWAYS use tesco.ie for pointing....granting not everything is on there but it is a fantastic aid! I point from my PJs then write out my shopping list. One of these days going to do the online shop with tesco! No impulse buying and no shopping with my stomach!

My H2B read earlier to pop a mini roll in the microwave for ten seconds and then pop a (small) dollop of ice cream / cream on top, its suppose to be scrummy!!

A lovely treat is Aldi Mint Hot Chocolate Only 1pt a mug! hmmmm perfect for the evenings close to bed time when you dont want to be caffinating yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 handbag100

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Yes! I ALWAYS use tesco.ie for pointing....granting not everything is on there but it is a fantastic aid! I point from my PJs then write out my shopping list. One of these days going to do the online shop with tesco! No impulse buying and no shopping with my stomach!

Hey just new to this site, I am a WW member and i love the new pp system, as for tesco on line shopping i've been doing it for a while and would totally reccomend it. As you said Lady Lainy no impluse buying but still have the special offers there if your looking for something, and you can point away at your own leisure. I normally do my shopping a couple of days before i plan to have it delivered therefore i can go back and change the order and add or take away things as i may need them, i have saved so much money doing this as if i go to the shop myself the bill is around 100 but on line i have it down to around 60/70. I will say though sometimes the meat doesn't have long left on the use by date but i have found that even if you go to tesco and pick themyourself there isn't avery long use by date, but i freeze all meats when they get delivered so that solves that.

I was wondering if anyone knew the PP for chicken yuk sung from a chinese, i went out for dinner tonight and i could point my special chow mein but not my starter, i have all my 49 pts left and 20 activity pts so i should be ok but it would be nice to know how many i used exactly.:)

handbag100 wrote: »

I was wondering if anyone knew the PP for chicken yuk sung from a chinese, i went out for dinner tonight and i could point my special chow mein but not my starter, i have all my 49 pts left and 20 activity pts so i should be ok but it would be nice to know how many i used exactly.:)

Id love to know the answer to this too as I love Yuk Sung. The problem with eating out - in particular where sauces are concerned - is that you have no real way of calculating the amount of oil in things. A dash of oil to one chef could be a teaspoon but to another chef it could be half a cups worth!

Thats why when I have my treat (every Monday after I get weighed) I tend to just estimate as best I can, but then start fresh on Tuesday morning not counting the points from the evening before.

Ohhh Iv thought of another Pointing query!

Can anyone tell me how many Propoints are in a packet of Koka Noodles (curry flavour)? There is no nutritional info whatsoever on the pack - well there is but its in some Asian language! I was hoping maybe one of the WW books or one of the websites that lists branded foods might have mentioned them???

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Ohhh Iv thought of another Pointing query!

Can anyone tell me how many Propoints are in a packet of Koka Noodles (curry flavour)? There is no nutritional info whatsoever on the pack - well there is but its in some Asian language! I was hoping maybe one of the WW books or one of the websites that lists branded foods might have mentioned them???

I'm sure somebody posted the answer to this recently in the other ww thread. I can't remember if it was 10 or 16 points!! It's an awful lot anyway.

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    I'm sure somebody posted the answer to this recently in the other ww thread. I can't remember if it was 10 or 16 points!! It's an awful lot anyway.

Yikes! Thats a lot either way. I usually have around 60g of rice/pasta/couscous which works out at 6 or 7 Propoints (depending on whether I use wholegrain varieties).

Wont be going for Koka Noodles anymore so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 handbag100

Starrgrrl wrote: »

They were 9 on the old system but I think I read 10 previously on this thread.
    I know what you mean minx about enjoying the evening after you have been weighed. I call it my free night and allow myself what ever I want to eat and then start afresh on the Thursday.
    A suggestion for a little treat ladies if you can fnd "skinny cow" ice creams in your local tesco they are only 2 pro pts and totally worth it. They come in mint chocolate chip or triple chocolate chip brownie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

The blue dragon Medium egg noodles are great, it's in a new round pack and they're already in individual portions and at 5 propoints the're not too bad. There's plenty in a portion and only take 2 mins to cook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement