Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Ok so from some of the threads on here it seems that if i want to find a nice girl i have to have

(A) done time in prison
    (B) have a kid
    (C) already have a wife/girlfriend and be cheating

OK.... i have none of these so it looks like im doomed to be alone! Great :(

I go for the opposite of all this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

So what your kinda sayin is NOT to go to prison for stealing a baby from my "wife" .

Ok so its making sense now! Maybe i should wear a badge when im out saying i do not have or have not done A,B & C and i might meet a nice girl. Sorted :)

"Dear Women of the world

I have no babies,No prison time behind me and I dont have a wife or girlfriend. If you like the sound of me then,as Marvin Gaye said... Lets get it on"

I think that would win on a dating website. Hell yeah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So what your kinda sayin is NOT to go to prison for stealing a baby from my "wife" .

Ok so its making sense now! Maybe i should wear a badge when im out saying i do not have or have not done A,B & C and i might meet a nice girl. Sorted :)

"Dear Women of the world

I have no babies,No prison time behind me and I dont have a wife or girlfriend. If you like the sound of me then,as Marvin Gaye said... Lets get it on"

I think that would win on a dating website. Hell yeah

Well it has me weak at the knees!

Daisies wrote: »

How you doin'? :D

Daisies wrote: »

You beat me to it :rolleyes:

It was the thoughts of the Monaghan accent that did it for me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

get a thread..
    ........(room)

papagormo wrote: »
    get a thread..
    ........(room)

Jealousy will get you nowhere :p

You beat me to it :rolleyes:

have u heard the galway accent yet?
    rarrr!! im telling ya, its the very definition of sexual, im telling you,
    honestly like!

(quiet you Daisies, she doesnt need to know the truth!!)
    :D

Well i await your PM with your phone number then you can get all the Monaghan accent you could ever want ;)

Well i await your PM with your phone number then you can get all the Monaghan accent you could ever want ;)

any smoother and the wimmins will be sliding all over the shop in here!
    hell if it doesnt work out with these shower, gimme a shout you maverick you!

• Advertisement

have u heard the galway accent yet?
    rarrr!! im telling ya, its the very definition of sexual, im telling you,
    honestly like!

(quiet you Daisies, she doesnt need to know the truth!!)
    :D

Incase you didnt know Im Irish so kinda know the accents! :rolleyes:

No voice this week :rolleyes:
    any smoother and the wimmins will be sliding all over the shop in here!

Haha I keep telling you jealousy will get you nowhere!

Now back to the relationship talk :D

Incase you didnt know Im Irish so kinda know the accents! :rolleyes:

galway got sexy since u last heard it im telling ya,
    im over here in dundalk, and anytime i talk to a local wimmins they always say "whaaa?"..."haaaa?"..and such..
    which can only mean they absolutely love the accent and want to hear every sentence twice!!:D

and smoother and the wimmins will be sliding all over the shop in here!

Hahahaha, well i do live to give :D My middle name is maverick renegade!

If you can handle the fact i have no kids,no wife/girlfriend and i aint been in prison then im good to go (insert lions roar here)

broke up with the girlfriend in november.
    have no interest in anybody since, have my up and down days and night thinking of the ex.
    giving myself as much time as necessary to get over her before considering getting into anything else, not bringing the baggage with me.

im still fun though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

broke up with my bf last week after goin out for a year cos i finally copped on and listened to my friends who were tellin me i was bein treated like crap!

he cheated on me and i took him back,knowing that he has a history of cheating anyway..
    then after christmas he just started ignoring me pretty much,but worked things out untill a few weeks ago when he did it again and i found out he was asking out people i knew,lots of them(but they knew about me and him so they told him to feck off:p) finally had enough and ended it..

then he started talkin to me again wanting to be friends etc. i didnt know what to do..just didnt talk to him because it made me upset..

but still think about him sometimes!like we spent that whole year nearly joined at the hip!

finding it hard to forget really..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I dont know what a monaghan accent sounds like. Is it sexy?? If so pm me??:D

No voice this week :rolleyes:

A dagger through my heart princess lala :(

Oh well... it has increased my post count so thats a plus i guess. How sad is that

A dagger through my heart princess lala :(

Oh well... it has increased my post count so thats a plus i guess. How sad is that

Ha no seriously I cant talk! Tis a pain asking people what Im doing to their hair :eek:

well i was meant to meet new bloke tomorrow he said he would ring today to arrange.
    Guess what no phone call

• Advertisement

Ha no seriously I cant talk!

Did someone steal your voice box????:confused:
    Bastards!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    well i was meant to meet new bloke tomorrow he said he would ring today to arrange.
    Guess what no phone call

Ah no, that sucks xx

giving up on men now. Its all about finding female friends now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

papagormo and discobeaker, please tone back the flirting and attempted pick up lines, and please read the charter. This is not what this forum is for, and it's not what this thread is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just found out today that my asshat of an ex has a new girlfriend. Despite outwardly looking like I don't give a damn, inwardly I'm cut up.
    It's not so much over the fact that some other woman was stupid enough to fall for him but the fact that he found someone else so quickly.

I can't help but feel a bit depressed over the fact that he moved on so quickly. More to the point, I'm extremely irritated that my mother (who bumped into him in the pub and thus informed me of the new girlfriend) had the gall to spin him some cock-and-bull story over how I'm "currently dating Mr. Too-Good-To-Be-True-Surgical-Intern-Dreamy-Guy". :rolleyes:

Sure, it's nice of her to stick up for me an' all but at the same time, giving how small this town is, it's only a matter of time before someone asks me about this mysterious "new boyfriend".

I don't know what to think. He's a total dick and treated me like crap yet I can't ignore the horrid sinking feeling in my chest that came about when I heard he was with someone else.

Kinda threw me for a loop, to be honest. I'm more depressed over the fact my mother's claim is'nt true than anything else.

I want to meet this mysterious "hunky intern" guy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just found out today that my asshat of an ex has a new girlfriend. Despite outwardly looking like I don't give a damn, inwardly I'm cut up.
    It's not so much over the fact that some other woman was stupid enough to fall for him but the fact that he found someone else so quickly.

I can't help but feel a bit depressed over the fact that he moved on so quickly. More to the point, I'm extremely irritated that my mother (who bumped into him in the pub and thus informed me of the new girlfriend) had the gall to spin him some cock-and-bull story over how I'm "currently dating Mr. Too-Good-To-Be-True-Surgical-Intern-Dreamy-Guy". :rolleyes:

Sure, it's nice of her to stick up for me an' all but at the same time, giving how small this town is, it's only a matter of time before someone asks me about this mysterious "new boyfriend".

I don't know what to think. He's a total dick and treated me like crap yet I can't ignore the horrid sinking feeling in my chest that came about when I heard he was with someone else.

Kinda threw me for a loop, to be honest. I'm more depressed over the fact my mother's claim is'nt true than anything else.

I want to meet this mysterious "hunky intern" guy. :(

That's a pretty lousy situation to be in. I'd attempt to give you advice as to what to say/do in the kind of situation that you're in but it's really hard to say. My natural reaction to a situation like that is to just be honest to an extent. If people ask you "So who's mr X" you just say "Ah just a guy I knew, nothing serious !". Not giving away anything at all, keeping it in a very neutral zone, that's what I'd do anyway.

He sounds like that guy that you KNOW you're better without in every sense, emotionally and physically but I do understand, it's hard to get by the natural reactions to situations like that. The first step to getting by it is knowing that you know it's a silly situation to be hung up on and moving from there.

It's very vague I know but I've had a few tonight so don't judge me !!

Got dumped by text today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

storm2811 wrote: »
    broke up with my bf last week after goin out for a year cos i finally copped on and listened to my friends who were tellin me i was bein treated like crap!

he cheated on me and i took him back,knowing that he has a history of cheating anyway..
    then after christmas he just started ignoring me pretty much,but worked things out untill a few weeks ago when he did it again and i found out he was asking out people i knew,lots of them(but they knew about me and him so they told him to feck off:p) finally had enough and ended it..

then he started talkin to me again wanting to be friends etc. i didnt know what to do..just didnt talk to him because it made me upset..

but still think about him sometimes!like we spent that whole year nearly joined at the hip!

finding it hard to forget really..:(

The best thing you can do is forget about him for good. He's guy who lost out, not you.

I sometimes dont get guys I mean do they honestly think that your all your friends were going say nothing too you. Least your friends are honest and are decent people count yourself lucky in that department.

There plenty fish in sea and much better too. We aint all that bad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've been seeing a girl the last month (3 dates). I like her and had been confused as to whether she is bothered about anything happening but last weekend we went out and the date went on way beyond dinner and drinks, continuing into hanging out all the next day too.
    I felt great after it since it's been a while I've been into someone but her lazyness for getting in touch has crept up to annoy me again this week. I don't want to be the one always getting in touch, makes me feel like a proper sap. Early days in potential relationships are always so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Got dumped by text today!!!

Which was the second you realised you're way too good for him anyway. Hope you're ok. Thats the sort of thing kids do, once you pass 15 you shouldn't be doing crap like that anymore.

Advertisement