Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Got dumped by text today!!!

any guy that would do that isnt worth bothering about ... I know its not much consolation right now but your better off:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Got dumped by text today!!!
    Sorry to hear that Snoopy, but as Corkcomp rightly points out .. if he dumps by text then hes not someone you want to be around. It was mean and immature. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
    I've been seeing a girl the last month (3 dates). I like her and had been confused as to whether she is bothered about anything happening but last weekend we went out and the date went on way beyond dinner and drinks, continuing into hanging out all the next day too.
    I felt great after it since it's been a while I've been into someone but her lazyness for getting in touch has crept up to annoy me again this week. I don't want to be the one always getting in touch, makes me feel like a proper sap. Early days in potential relationships are always so annoying.

I wouldn't take that the wrong way if I was you, it doesn't mean shes doesn't like you as much as you like her. You've had three dates with her, and she probably doesn't want to come across overly keen.

I know I do this, I just prefer to leave the ball in his court as it were. Its not intended to make a guy feel like a sap, its just an indication as to whether he likes you / enjoys your company etc.

Ask her out again, and when you meet.. why don't you say this to her? 'maybe the odd time you could drop me a text first, or do I have to do all the hard work :p ' Make a joke out of it, but I'm sure she'll take it on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

Which was the second you realised you're way too good for him anyway. Hope you're ok. Thats the sort of thing kids do, once you pass 15 you shouldn't be doing crap like that anymore.

Maybe they are only 15

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Abitar wrote: »
    I wouldn't take that the wrong way if I was you, it doesn't mean shes doesn't like you as much as you like her. You've had three dates with her, and she probably doesn't want to come across overly keen.

I know I do this, I just prefer to leave the ball in his court as it were. Its not intended to make a guy feel like a sap, its just an indication as to whether he likes you / enjoys your company etc.

Ask her out again, and when you meet.. why don't you say this to her? 'maybe the odd time you could drop me a text first, or do I have to do all the hard work :p ' Make a joke out of it, but I'm sure she'll take it on board.

Nope, my gut was right as usual. Regardless of the fact that she kept our date going last weekend & becoming a 2 day date, she gave me the typical "you're a nice guy & I enjoyed hanging out but I]insert generic excuse[/I".

I thought we were done after the 2nd date but then the 3rd happened and it left me in a far better frame of mind with things for obvious reasons. It's typical that even when at a good point in things, you always have to expect the rug to be pulled from under your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 purechancer

Hey im new to this site but i need a bit of advice..

ok ive been texting this guy a friend introduced us and we have met up a few times but now i want to end it how do i do this if it wasnt even a proper relationship in the first place? also i want to do it in the nicest way possible as i will more than likely run into him again... a lot and without complicating things with the friend that introduced us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hey im new to this site but i need a bit of advice..

ok ive been texting this guy a friend introduced us and we have met up a few times but now i want to end it how do i do this if it wasnt even a proper relationship in the first place? also i want to do it in the nicest way possible as i will more than likely run into him again... a lot and without complicating things with the friend that introduced us?

You've texted him and met him a few times, what is there to end really? If you don't want it to go any further, cool, relax on the texting a bit and keep the conversation friendly just. I don't think there's any need to say anything. I'd be kind of freaked if a guy I wasn't even dating decided to 'end' things with me. Usually that means, "I'm kind of wondering what we're doing but I don't wanna ask so I'll say something like, 'Wanna cool things down a bit, babe?!', and see how he/she reacts". Juvenile.

You don't want to see him again, so don't. It's easier to let it fizzle it out by itself, I think. A chat about it would be unnecessary imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Broke up with boyfriend in August due to travelling. Started to get over him slowly by Christmas time. March found out he has a new gf and its sendt me right back to square one. She now has everything i had, the perfect life, the great guy, great family of the great guy.....

I know im having a ball and enjoying my life but i would love if he see how much he means to me. And how much i want us back together or even keep an open mind when i get home. (we didnt end on a good note)

But now i suppose that will never happen.

GRRRR BOYS!!!!

supermouse wrote: »
    Broke up with boyfriend in August due to travelling. Started to get over him slowly by Christmas time. March found out he has a new gf and its sendt me right back to square one. She now has everything i had, the perfect life, the great guy, great family of the great guy.....

I know im having a ball and enjoying my life but i would love if he see how much he means to me. And how much i want us back together or even keep an open mind when i get home. (we didnt end on a good note)

But now i suppose that will never happen.

GRRRR BOYS!!!!

Whatever you do, don't live your life thinking, "I just have to have fun, pass some time until X realises how good we had it and comes back". You don't need him to know how much he means to you because you don't mean the same to him. I do not mean that to sound really harsh but if he was crazy about you, he'd be with you.

I know how easy it is to sit around day-dreaming about him bursting in the front door, proclaiming his undying love for you, saying he'd made a huge mistake yada yada yada, but try not to. Some day you will have the perfect life that you want, another great guy (an even better guy maybe!) with a great family and you will look back on this as a learning experience.

I don't think there is anything anyone can say after a break up to make a person feel better but all you need to concentrate on is the fact that things will get better, heart ache eases with time and this is coming from an absolute pessimist of the highest order so it must be true! :pac: Chin up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could have written that post for me, Novella! It's been a month for me and I still entertain fantasies of him begging me back. I've even made a list of why I don't want him back, but I keep forgetting about the bad stuff. I know he's not going to come back, and I need to stop thinking "maybe if I just text him, he'll realise he misses me and wants me back!".

I'm allowing myself until the weekend to entertain those thoughts, and after that he's outta my mind. I'm going to get through my exams and then have an absolute ball over the summer.

/sets resolve face.

supermouse - how did you find out? The one thing I'm coming to terms with is that I need my ex out of my life completely. I'd go to pieces if I thought he'd met someone else. Do you still have him on Facebook etc?

Faith wrote: »
    You could have written that post for me, Novella! It's been a month for me and I still entertain fantasies of him begging me back. I've even made a list of why I don't want him back, but I keep forgetting about the bad stuff. I know he's not going to come back, and I need to stop thinking "maybe if I just text him, he'll realise he misses me and wants me back!".

I'm allowing myself until the weekend to entertain those thoughts, and after that he's outta my mind. I'm going to get through my exams and then have an absolute ball over the summer.

/sets resolve face.

Yeah, it's so bloody hard to remember anything but the good things about a person when they just decide to leave you though. I've really only had one proper break up but I'd say I spent months, if not longer, dreaming up scenarios in my head of him waking up one morning and realising he didn't like his life quite so much without me in it.

I think the rational, smart part of you knows that he is gone, knows he has made up his mind and that he just doesn't want you anymore but there's still that teeny piece of you saying, "Imagine how good it's gonna feel when your smart side was wrong and he comes back and you can hug him again" etc.

People say going out helps and being with your friends but I found that everything was less enjoyable. I'd go out and while yeah, it'd be fun, I'd still feel tinged with sadness that I'd have no one to complain about my hangover to the next day or I'd look at my friends and think, "You have no idea how lucky you are".

I dunno. Imo, time really is the only thing that helps and even then, you probably never really get over a broken heart, you just kind of forget what it felt like beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah, it's so bloody hard to remember anything but the good things about a person when they just decide to leave you though. I've really only had one proper break up but I'd say I spent months, if not longer, dreaming up scenarios in my head of him waking up one morning and realising he didn't like his life quite so much without me in it.

Yup, I keep waiting for that to happen. I keep thinking, "Just you wait. He'll be bored off his tree once summer gets here, he's stuck in a boring town and all his friends will be gone and his college activities will be over. He'll miss me then!". My friends gently chide me about it. I know they only mean well though, so I try not to get annoyed.
    I think the rational, smart part of you knows that he is gone, knows he has made up his mind and that he just doesn't want you anymore but there's still that teeny piece of you saying, "Imagine how good it's gonna feel when your smart side was wrong and he comes back and you can hug him again" etc.

Lol, exactly!
    People say going out helps and being with your friends but I found that everything was less enjoyable. I'd go out and while yeah, it'd be fun, I'd still feel tinged with sadness that I'd have no one to complain about my hangover to the next day or I'd look at my friends and think, "You have no idea how lucky you are".

I find being with friends helps, certainly, but I was out properly last Friday night and all I could think was how shít it was. How, if he was with me, we'd have had such fun, but without him it was crap. Then I came home to an empty bed, woke up to an empty bed, had no-one to moan to... Yeah, it's not a great situation. I always spent my hangovers with him, it's hard to adjust to spending them alone. Especially as it's such a low time anyway! There is also a touch of shameful resentment when my friends talk about their OHs. I'm so jealous that they still get to be happy together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

broke up last night. havnt eaten or slept since, feeling like i need to throw up all the time. stingy puffy eyes. snotty nose. o the glam!

friend came over which i really appreciated and she like kept saying move on to bigger and better things, its his loss etc. while i appreciate why she is saying it and how its supposed to make me feel better. but its not what i need to hear. he wasnt bad to me, he treated me well, it was just one of those things we had our year and it was fun and amazing. and i dont want anyone to think bad of him.

it will be weird sleeping without him or the dogs and it will be weird waking up in my parents house.

i still love him and want nothing but the best for him. hopefully we can find a way where we can still be civil to eachother. going to our house on sat to collect my stuff and say good bye to the dogs. its not just sadness for me, its sadness for him aswell. i know its not the way either of it want it, but its just not good for either of us. hes my best friend and i truly believe my soulmate.
    sometimes ya just gotta let a good thing go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

SarahMs wrote: »
    broke up last night. havnt eaten or slept since, feeling like i need to throw up all the time. stingy puffy eyes. snotty nose. o the glam!

friend came over which i really appreciated and she like kept saying move on to bigger and better things, its his loss etc. while i appreciate why she is saying it and how its supposed to make me feel better. but its not what i need to hear. he wasnt bad to me, he treated me well, it was just one of those things we had our year and it was fun and amazing. and i dont want anyone to think bad of him.

it will be weird sleeping without him or the dogs and it will be weird waking up in my parents house.

i still love him and want nothing but the best for him. hopefully we can find a way where we can still be civil to eachother. going to our house on sat to collect my stuff and say good bye to the dogs. its not just sadness for me, its sadness for him aswell. i know its not the way either of it want it, but its just not good for either of us. hes my best friend and i truly believe my soulmate.
    sometimes ya just gotta let a good thing go
    I know it's not easy and break ups are very painful but letting go is the
    only way you can move on. Surround yourself with your friends and you
    seem to have a very positive attitude. Good Luck!

Advertisement