Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

crazyy wrote: »
    need to vent :)
    I've always thought I really just wanted a longterm relationship, a proper boyfriend and all the rest. But now I'm in one and I just want out.
    I really like the guy and everything but I just seem to freak out about commitments. I was always sure that I wanted a commitment and now I'm so confused. I don't want to lose a good thing for no real reason but I just can't help wanting to escape from the relationship. What is wrong with me?!:eek: :)

I went through this 2 months ago and it lasted for about a week. To make things worse, I finished things once before between us and ended up majorly regretting it, so I started to really panic when I got the ''i think i want to be single'' feeling again. My advice is, wait. Dont make any hasty decisions just yet, incase you end up like me, regretting it. We were over for 8 months before I finally got him back and Im smitten with him! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Ok my last 2 ex girlfriends turned out to completely screwed me over.

The last one decided to go to portugal and cheat on me,i find this out by a picture of her and him on her facebook!

The one before her,well we were together for 3 years,she cheated on me one night and i caught her at it,we split up but got back together after awhile,about a year later we were celebrating our 3 years together. I take her on holiday,pay for everything as a thank you as i had a tough few months. We had a great time and it was fantastic. The day after we get back i find out she cheated on me again 2 days before we were meant to go away!

So thats my rant and im still a single 25 year old guy so if anyone fancies showing me that not all girls are cheaters then feel free to say hi or PM me.

Thanks for listening

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Me and my boyfriend broke up. Well, he dumped me. On holidays! ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Ouch.. that certainly wasnt that best timing. *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

not loving my relationship today.......

spent the weekend with him, then we went to oxygen on sunday, i went home sunday night as work on mon morn he stayed on and i had given him my work phone coz his battery went. didnt call me all night all day yday. had to go to his house to collect stuff i left (2 hours on the bus wooo) ended up ringing his bro to collect me etc. my bf was in the pub went in to get my work phone, then i was gonna go to his have a shower to go bed. bf was drunk. took him home. hes goes to bed i have a shower go to bed in his bros room. 4am bf wakes up and decides to start fighting. i get up at 6am to go back to work. look at my work phone. he had been calling everyone off my phone accept me. woke him up to tell him i was leaving. 'i didnt even know you were here'

cheers love!!!!!!!

he lost his phone at oxygen so i dunno when i'll hear from him... but im not calling his bro again!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

heh guys.
    my OH came up to see me last night. came up really tired cause he was rushing around getting things when he dropped to the apt before leaving for mine. we live 40 min apart. he seemed in good form during hte evening and during dinner he said he wanted to go out and get drunk but when we left the restaurant he said he wanted to go home. got up this morning and i talked about going up to see him tonight and he went a bit mad . i got the feeling he didn't want me to come up. a while later i was about to snuggle him and he pushed me away.

he left without saying good bye or even a kiss. not talked to him for the rest of the day and told him at 8 tonight that i was not coming down to him. (just so he wouldn't worry as he tends to do if he has not heard from me) and he just said he figured.

only reason i'm not talking to him is cause i don't like him making me feel that i'm making him rushing around to get up to me.

it prob not much but i feel like **** and i'm just miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mollybird wrote: »
    heh guys.
    my OH came up to see me last night. came up really tired cause he was rushing around getting things when he dropped to the apt before leaving for mine. we live 40 min apart. he seemed in good form during hte evening and during dinner he said he wanted to go out and get drunk but when we left the restaurant he said he wanted to go home. got up this morning and i talked about going up to see him tonight and he went a bit mad . i got the feeling he didn't want me to come up. a while later i was about to snuggle him and he pushed me away.

he left without saying good bye or even a kiss. not talked to him for the rest of the day and told him at 8 tonight that i was not coming down to him. (just so he wouldn't worry as he tends to do if he has not heard from me) and he just said he figured.

only reason i'm not talking to him is cause i don't like him making me feel that i'm making him rushing around to get up to me.

it prob not much but i feel like **** and i'm just miserable.

Everybody goes through this one. especially when your living apart. just send him a txt message with a couple of xxx(Kisses) on it. I have not doubt he is feeling sh1tty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

A little beam of sunshine in all the misery.... After two years of kissing a boy, last night I actually decided to tell him I like him and wooooo, he likes me too so yay for life and love and things!!!!!!

(must not become a horrible, squishy, lovey dovey loser!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Well my relationship just ended :( realised I couldn't cope with long distance...wanted to stay friends but he said no.. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thatone! wrote: »
    Well my relationship just ended :( realised I couldn't cope with long distance...wanted to stay friends but he said no.. :(

Its hard to stay friends with an ex after a breakup,it never really works out(in my experience),Just give him space to sort his head out.If he wants to contact you he will and if he does'nt oh well you'll get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Not that big of a prob, but i miss my boyfriend! we're together a year and we've pretty much been glued to each other from day one. and the first time in pretty much a year im away from him for a week, its not fun!

sorry to hear about the break ups girlies and guyies! *astral hugs!* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Uh had to go looking for this thread.....So mad at himself....been together for well over 3 years now, he calls over the other night, seemed a bit off, knew he was feeling sick so let him be. Then out of know where he asks if Ive cheated on him, tell him no, which is the gods honest truth, doesnt seem to believe me because apparently Ive given him an sti!
    Now I got tested a while after we started going out and I was clean, so march him to the doc the next morning, prior to going in he tells me hes convinced its an sti because of new symptoms, blah blah blah. Turns out he's a uti....so so mad at him for assuming the worst! He knows how I feel about cheating due to family circumstances and on top of that Im the worst liar cannot keep anything to myself! Ill admit I ate the last cookie for christ sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Uh had to go looking for this thread.....So mad at himself....been together for well over 3 years now, he calls over the other night, seemed a bit off, knew he was feeling sick so let him be. Then out of know where he asks if Ive cheated on him, tell him no, which is the gods honest truth, doesnt seem to believe me because apparently Ive given him an sti!
    Now I got tested a while after we started going out and I was clean, so march him to the doc the next morning, prior to going in he tells me hes convinced its an sti because of new symptoms, blah blah blah. Turns out he's a uti....so so mad at him for assuming the worst! He knows how I feel about cheating due to family circumstances and on top of that Im the worst liar cannot keep anything to myself! Ill admit I ate the last cookie for christ sake!

I know you're upset, but my OH and I were in this exact same situation (as had been one of my friends and her now-husband!). In my situation, I was the one accusing him . . . you think you have an sti, and you're told you can only get it one way, and so you think well, logically speaking, if it wasn't me that cheated, it had to be him! Aaaand the questions and accusations start flying. Again, I know you're upset, and it's hard to hear that from someone so close. But try to cut him a little bit of slack -- he obviously would never have thought you'd cheated otherwise (as in, if he didn't think he had an sti). In any case, I'm very glad that it's a uti and nothing more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

I wouldnt have minded too much if he said x is wrong with me any idea what it could be....because the first thing that came to my mind was a uti/kidney infection, which is what I said to him and he didnt believe me. It was just the straight out accusation that hurt the most I suppose, I know Ill get over it and Im trying to be nice to him, but he knows how I feel about cheating and have seen first hand how it can tear a relationship/family apart and ruin the lives of so many, so its not something Ill ever entertain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

My boyf said I love you to me the other day and Ive only been with him 2 weeks! I dont wanna dump him over it because I do really like this guy but he cant be in love after 2 weeks!! Is it actually possible??? We dont even properly know each other yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whatever you do,dont say it back unless you mean it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Oh no I would never do that! I basically said to him ''how do you know its love after 2 weeks! it could be just lust'' and then he said his reasons and stuff but I really dont know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I wouldnt have minded too much if he said x is wrong with me any idea what it could be....because the first thing that came to my mind was a uti/kidney infection, which is what I said to him and he didnt believe me. It was just the straight out accusation that hurt the most I suppose, I know Ill get over it and Im trying to be nice to him, but he knows how I feel about cheating and have seen first hand how it can tear a relationship/family apart and ruin the lives of so many, so its not something Ill ever entertain.

I hear ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nellyelly

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'm no lady but....

Have you tried calling/texting him?

He might just be busy, it happens.

Sometimes we need a little reminder/nudge!

Ok, I'm just wondering what the 'norm' is on texting/contacting ...I had a 'one nighter' (i know) last weekend, he texted me the next day and then again the other night. We had a great laugh and he said he'd be in contact again... (i really hope he is)

BUT, should I text him at this stage to let him know I'm interested or just trust that he will be in contact? (he's been true to his work so far....) I don't wanna scare him off

Cheers

I SERIOUSLY need to branch out from guys in this town. It's getting ridiculous at this stage. When you are in a room with 5 guys and you been with all of them at some stage it's horrible! And they are ALL friends! And I've been in college in Cork for 2 years yet NEVER been with a guy from Cork. Granted I've been with Killarney boys in Cork though, pfft.

I dunno. There was this one (Killarney) guy over Christmas who I really actually like, but now I've fucked things up with him. Whatever. Rawr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I dunno. There was this one (Killarney) guy over Christmas who I really actually like, but now I've fucked things up with him. Whatever. Rawr.

And there's no way you can fix things with him?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lia_lia wrote: »
    And I've been in college in Cork for 2 years yet NEVER been with a guy from Cork.
    Maybe a good thing. Cork and Kerry would be a mixed marriage :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Fago_25 wrote: »
    And there's no way you can fix things with him?

See that's the thing, I probably haven't messed things up with him, at all. It's just me overthinking things as usual! Meh, I'll see what happens.
    Wibbs wrote: »

Exactly! Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Perri_Winkles

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 4 years. I love him so much and he loves me too. The thing is Im only 21. He talks about our future and its pretty much a done deal that we're going to stay together.

Only thing is, I feel like Im missing out a bit on the whole college thing, I feel old before my time, if that makes sense?? I love him so much and I do want to be with him for the rest of my life, I just sometimes wish I had met him when I was a bit older you know?

Am I being silly? We are very happy together and I cant imagine not being with him and I have no interest in being with anyone else.

I guess its the feeling of freedom I miss...

I dont know what advice Im asking for really, just needed to get that off my chest :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wibbs wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with that at all!

What course do you do, Lia? It's really hard to meet guys when you're on a female-dominated course.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MissIT

this is going to be the last time i post about this but really need to get it off my chest..

Broke up with my ex about two months ago because i was sick of sitting at home waiting for him to want to spend time with me. I begged him to try but but he so i just had to accept it so i ended it. If im being honest with myself i don't think he ever got over his ex. Basically it broke my heart.

Anyway he said he wanted to be friends and after a few weeks i thought i could be his friend too even though I was still madly in love with him. We went out a few times as friends with our other friends and it was great but he would kind of touch me sometimes as in he would rub my leg or put his and on my back. Then one night a few days before christmas we were out and both a bit drunk he started saying we should have been great together. Starts holding my hand and kissing me.. one thing leads to another and we ended up sleeping together. Next day the d***head says "I hope this doesn't effect our friendship".

I told him i couldn't be his friend that it was too hard. So i lost his phone number and decided to move on. I was fine with it until saturday when he was in the same pub as me i didn't know what to do so i ignored him. He text me when i went clubbing and said "Im sorry for how things turned out, i really hope we can be friends. It was so hard for me not talking to you tonight". I said no but now i can't stop thinking about him again :(.

I really am still head over heels madly in love with this boy. I know if we ever got back together i would always come 4th on his list. I know i deserve better but the thought of not having him in my life at all is starting to kill me. aaaaahhhhh i want to cry :(.

Faith wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with that at all!

What course do you do, Lia? It's really hard to meet guys when you're on a female-dominated course.

Multimedia. There are actually more boys. But they are all very geeky and not the type that get with girls at all actually. Except a few of them who would be the stoners of the class. One is from town actually. And his best friend is one of the guys I've been scoring recently BUT ANYWAY.

Ah, nah. The guys I hang out with in Cork are just not my type to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MissIT wrote: »
    this is going to be the last time i post about this but really need to get it off my chest..

Broke up with my ex about two months ago because i was sick of sitting at home waiting for him to want to spend time with me. I begged him to try but but he so i just had to accept it so i ended it. If im being honest with myself i don't think he ever got over his ex. Basically it broke my heart.

Anyway he said he wanted to be friends and after a few weeks i thought i could be his friend too even though I was still madly in love with him. We went out a few times as friends with our other friends and it was great but he would kind of touch me sometimes as in he would rub my leg or put his and on my back. Then one night a few days before christmas we were out and both a bit drunk he started saying we should have been great together. Starts holding my hand and kissing me.. one thing leads to another and we ended up sleeping together. Next day the d***head says "I hope this doesn't effect our friendship".

I told him i couldn't be his friend that it was too hard. So i lost his phone number and decided to move on. I was fine with it until saturday when he was in the same pub as me i didn't know what to do so i ignored him. He text me when i went clubbing and said "Im sorry for how things turned out, i really hope we can be friends. It was so hard for me not talking to you tonight". I said no but now i can't stop thinking about him again :(.

I really am still head over heels madly in love with this boy. I know if we ever got back together i would always come 4th on his list. I know i deserve better but the thought of not having him in my life at all is starting to kill me. aaaaahhhhh i want to cry :(.

You need to cut contact with him for a while to help you get over him. It's not fair on you. Try to avoid if you see him out.

Sometimes you just can't be friends with your exes. Sad, but true.

Hang in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

nellyelly wrote: »
    Ok, I'm just wondering what the 'norm' is on texting/contacting ...I had a 'one nighter' (i know) last weekend, he texted me the next day and then again the other night. We had a great laugh and he said he'd be in contact again... (i really hope he is)

BUT, should I text him at this stage to let him know I'm interested or just trust that he will be in contact? (he's been true to his work so far....) I don't wanna scare him off

Cheers

Haya nellyelly
    That sounds good. A oner text the next day could have been politeness but again the other night sounds as if he's interested.
    If he doesn't get in contact by saturday send him one of those great "so where's my textage?" texts on Sunday afternoon
    Woooo! Hope it goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 4 years. I love him so much and he loves me too. The thing is Im only 21. He talks about our future and its pretty much a done deal that we're going to stay together.

Only thing is, I feel like Im missing out a bit on the whole college thing, I feel old before my time, if that makes sense?? I love him so much and I do want to be with him for the rest of my life, I just sometimes wish I had met him when I was a bit older you know?

Am I being silly? We are very happy together and I cant imagine not being with him and I have no interest in being with anyone else.

I guess its the feeling of freedom I miss...

I dont know what advice Im asking for really, just needed to get that off my chest :o

This is a totally normal thing! Happens a lot in relationships that started out young. One thing i'd say is be causious, little voices in the back of your head like this can sometimes grow (though don't get me wrong! not always) and cause problems years down the line.

Rememeber, there's never anything wrong about going on a break for a little bit (you can set rules and so on if your worried), just to get out on your own for a while (even just a week or two). Absense makes the heart grow fonder and all that- and if the two of you know you're meant to be then you know you'll come back stronger. though that said, the idea of taking a break in a healthy relationship can sometimes be scary... a break at any stage can be scary...

anyway i'm no relationship expert, but just make sure to not let this tiny problem become a bigger problem over time :)

Advertisement