Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Jessiegirl

Thanks emo.
    Think a lot of it is insecure & childish and needs to look deep at himself. Think a lot of keeping in touch or keeping 'on side' with exes or girls that he could possibly have dated is to stop him feeling bad about himself i.e. he doesn't want to admit he had any role to play in failure.
    Like he's eased off on texts and seeming to want to see me lately (probably cos of bad vibes) yet he says he needs to cut back on bills (I know lol) - but some of these texts are to other girls - hey why not cut down on texts to them but leave me out of that equation ffs Wow that makes me feel so special....needs to cut down on texts but if an old ex texts him he will have to reply. Like Wtf
    Let him have their number and talk the odd time - but don't rub it in my face. The issue being he tells me I am paronoid & annoying when I say this - doesn't give a **** how I feel.
    No wonder he keeps his phone on silence all the time.

He's also upset me on occassions - had goes at me in public as he didn't like how I was behaving or what I said. Very embaressing and demoralising.

I see him now transferring my issues back and making out I'm to blame.
    Not for me - been there done that - he needs a big big step up this time etc. but it may not happen...Will be his loss.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My boyfriend is a pr1ck.. soon to be ex..

xzanti wrote: »
    My boyfriend is a pr1ck.. soon to be ex..

Aww what happened?

Aww what happened?

Refused me affection/sex/acknowledgement and then sent me home so he could go out with his friends.. I hope it was worth it sh1tforbrains.. Cheeribyes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

well how much time do you spent together?
    did he plan night out with mates while back and he did not want to blow them off?
    when a couple get serious they kind of lose contact with mates, so any chance you do get to spend with them for a bit of banter is special (makes it sound gay but ya get my drift).
    dont be so quick to be angry with him, but i will admit if i had a boyfriend and he refused sex i would be raging, i know its not just about the sex its the rejection makes you feel like crap!
    just talk it out before you make any decisions he may surprise you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

a letter to my wife
    my darling,my lover,my beautiful wife.marrying you has screwed up my life--i see your face when i am dreaming.thats why i always wake up screaming- kind intelligent,loving and hot.this discribes everthing your not-love may be beautiful,love may be bliss. but i only slept with you cause i was pissed--i thought that i could love no other.that is untill i met your brother--roses are red violets are blue. sugar is sweet,and so are you-but roses are wilting,the violets are dead, the sugar bowls empty and so is your head--i want your sweet embrace.but dont take the paper bag off your face--i love your smile, your face and your eyes. damn i,m good at telling lies--my love, you take my breath away.what have you stepped in to smell this way ?---my feeling for you no words can tell. except for maybe ,go to hell--what inspired this amorous rhyme ?.two parts of vodka, one part of lime ,,,love getz

I retract everything I said above.. He redeemed himself this weekend... brought me away on a suprise weekend away.. 5* hotel.. great weekend.. He gets to stay :D more of that pleeeze dahling... :) he does love me... *jumps around like a schoogirl*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

hey is it ok for a girl to date a guy 2 years younger than her ..maturity is more important right??

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Have to meet up with my ex this week to return belongings etc... Dreadin it UGH UGH UGH! Broke up on Friday after two years, I'm gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

ok........been with same guy for 17 years we split 6 months ago.......how long should i wait before gettin into something new?

kablamo......sorry you sad.......but its only been a couple of days......you will get there!

• Advertisement

nikki 122 wrote: »
    hey is it ok for a girl to date a guy 2 years younger than her ..maturity is more important right??

It is totally acceptable. Wouldn't even blink at the notion.

joes girls wrote: »
    ok........been with same guy for 17 years we split 6 months ago.......how long should i wait before gettin into something new?

There is no pre-requisite time period. It is all about where you are at emotionally.
    If this something new is feeling right go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Moonbaby wrote: »
    There is no pre-requisite time period. It is all about where you are at emotionally.
    If this something new is feeling right go for it.

thanks moonbaby......just worried bout what would be said,also have no feelings for my ex,but dont want him thinkin i got on with me life so fast that i never did.but yeah i like my something new......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭That Girl..

nikki 122 wrote: »

Yea course it is, I got with my boyfriend around this time last year. I was 19 at the time and he was 17..

No problems so far:D Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Refused me affection/sex/acknowledgement and then sent me home so he could go out with his friends.. I hope it was worth it sh1tforbrains.. Cheeribyes..
    I retract everything I said above.. He redeemed himself this weekend... brought me away on a suprise weekend away.. 5* hotel.. great weekend.. He gets to stay :D more of that pleeeze dahling... :) he does love me... *jumps around like a schoogirl*

Women be cccccccccrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

hobochris wrote: »
    :D

You be in the LAAAAAAAAAAADIES LOUNGE. We're allowed be as crazy as we like in here, ta very much.

shellyboo wrote: »
    You be in the LAAAAAAAAAAADIES LOUNGE. We're allowed be as crazy as we like in here, ta very much.

I knows... that just popped into my head(In a James brown* style voice) just though I'd share..:D

my other half is a total Nutjob! which is why I love her.

*may have been more like a hooch is crazy voice from scrubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

thanks moonbaby......just worried bout what would be said,also have no feelings for my ex,but dont want him thinkin i got on with me life so fast that i never did.but yeah i like my something new......:)

After 17 years, I'm sure he wouldn't think you never had feelings for him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

It was more Hooch! :D

17 years. Ouch. No time to waste so get to it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

also have no feelings for my ex,but dont want him thinkin i got on with me life so fast that i never did.

Meh, I got that once from a guy who'd dumped ME (and I was too stupid to just stay away from)
    "oh you got a rebound, that means you never loved me"
    just f* off and get over yourself is my feeling toward him on the matter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The aul boyfella doesn't want to reconcile. I'm abosultely gutted. This week is just one bit of bad news after another. ARGHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dumped,via email,This brings a grand total of zero nice experiences I've had with men I've been in raltionships with. Thought this one was decent enough though I was much mistaken :( heading home for some tlc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

panda100 wrote: »
    Dumped,via email,This brings a grand total of zero nice experiences I've had with men. Thought this one was decent enough though I was much mistaken :( heading home for some tlc

Any man that cant finish with you to your face is spineless! Simple! Although its hard you should have acted the sh1t and sent him back a text saying your computer/phone screen is acting up and you cant read the messages you can only see the name or no it came from.

That would really fcuk him up :D

Tell joe I wish him my very best and I have no doubt you will meet a decent lad soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Any man that cant finish with you to your face is spineless! Simple! Although its hard you should have acted the sh1t and sent him back a text saying your computer/phone screen is acting up and you cant read the messages you can only see the name or no it came from.

In a way its probably better he did it that way as I would have cried If he told me to my face. Got the whole your great/amazing/beautiful/too good for me spiel but hes still in love with his ex girlfriend. Obviously Im not that amazing so :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well for a start he should have known he was still into his ex before he kicked off with you. As for his "too good for you" spiel? I reckon he was being truthful and I also reckon he's right. The email bit was a bit crass though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

panda100 wrote: »
    In a way its probably better he did it that way as I would have cried If he told me to my face. Got the whole your great/amazing/beautiful/too good for me spiel but hes still in love with his ex girlfriend. Obviously Im not that amazing so :(

You have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince..

If he was still in love with his ex there's nothing you could have done.It's nothing against you, just I'll timing..

Best thing to do is do the ice cream + pajamas's thing with some friends for a couple of days and then get back out there and have some fun(go on dates etc..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Hope you're okay Panda, that's horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sweetheart

ladies need your advice... recently myself and my oh were texting and the texts slowly ventured into the topic of marriage. he asked me would i marry him and i said yes but he would have to ask me properly when he comes home as he is away at the moment. my head is in turmoil as i dont know if he was serious or not. i would def marry him but when he comes home i dont know if i should bring up the subject or not incase he says he was joking and il look like a total twat. we are not with each other that long but i love him so much and i know he feels the same... any advice pleeeease
    from a desperate dub:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

sweetheart wrote: »
    he asked me would i marry him and i said yes but he would have to ask me properly when he comes home

When he comes home give him a day if he has not asked just say "Well I am waiting...." Dont worry he is prob planning it all in his head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I now hate men :) So yep, I'm currently a lesbian!

Advertisement