Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sweetheart

When he comes home give him a day if he has not asked just say "Well I am waiting...." Dont worry he is prob planning it all in his head

thanks joey think i just needed someone elses opinion to be reassured cos im doing the whole will he wont he thing in my head and its driving me mad:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Novella wrote: »
    I now hate men :) So yep, I'm currently a lesbian!
    cant live with em, cant live without em !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

Does anyone have a similar problem to me?? My man, who i have been with for years has a serious problem with getting up in the mornings. I always blamed that he stays up too late but he tried the going to bed early thing and it just doesnt work. He says he really tries but it is driving me demented. I dont drive and he takes me to work and our little boy to creche every day but usually late and i hate being late.

I dont know if it is a medical problem or just him it is really getting me down now and we are fighting a lot over it. seriously it takes him hours to get up.

If anyone has the same problem and can help i would really appreciate this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I love my boyfriend :)

*runs away in knowledge of the string of abuse about to follow* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My love life is a disaster.

Although, I'm glad in some ways;

- It's made me more determined person. I've realised that love's not easy and in life, it's rare that something just ... falls into your lap.

- It makes for interesting stories.

- It amuses my friends :p

Things took a turn for the better, for the first time ever, early this year, when I met a great guy. We got on really well, then he dropped the bomb that he was moving to Canada.

For that reason, we didn't see much of each other, as we felt it would make things harder when he left. Still, it was hard when he left - and I told him this - because it makes it real, the fact that me and him were something that could have been, but never were.

Since he's been gone, I've realised that we are pretty different. From conversations we've had on msn etc, I've started to realise that if he'd stayed, the chances of us "working out" were actually pretty slim, because we both seem to want such different things.

For example, I asked him what his main motivation was in life. He said "to have fun" ... and for some reason, my heart just sank. I'm all for having fun, but it made me ... sad to learn that he doesn't share the same motivations in life; to have a career, to achieve - he seems happy just to go out and have a laugh.

That's fine, but I'm not sure I'd be compatible with someone like that, in the long run.

It's weird, because he's 31 and I'm 20 - and the conversation we had made it seem like he was the younger one. Sometimes, I feel way too mature for my age.

We're still great friends though. It's amazing to be in a situation with him where we can talk about everything that happened between us, be very close, then turn around and talk about our current love-lives. It's nice to be able to ask for his advice on things too; like how I can handle a situation with a guy, what I should wear on a night out because he knows what suits me, or even how I can improve in the bedroom :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Relationships suck! That's all I have to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

kingtut wrote: »
    Relationships suck! That's all I have to say on the matter.

No they don't, they're great! You obviously just haven't had a good one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Cassidy1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a similar problem to me?? My man, who i have been with for years has a serious problem with getting up in the mornings. I always blamed that he stays up too late but he tried the going to bed early thing and it just doesnt work. He says he really tries but it is driving me demented. I dont drive and he takes me to work and our little boy to creche every day but usually late and i hate being late.

I dont know if it is a medical problem or just him it is really getting me down now and we are fighting a lot over it. seriously it takes him hours to get up.

If anyone has the same problem and can help i would really appreciate this!

Does your man work? It could be question of motivation if he's not working.

Is he out of shape? I found the fitter I got, getting out of the bed in the morning wasn't as difficult. Possible to persuade him to go out for a walk/ run in the evenings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesshoney

Just want some light shed on guys who seem really interested, ask for your phone number and then don't call-what was the point in asking in the first place!!!!!

Any ideas ladies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Jesshoney wrote: »
    Just want some light shed on guys who seem really interested, ask for your phone number and then don't call-what was the point in asking in the first place!!!!!

Any ideas ladies??

I'm no lady but....

Have you tried calling/texting him?

He might just be busy, it happens.

Sometimes we need a little reminder/nudge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Any ideas ladies??

It could be what Zohan said. But if you didn't also take his number, it could be a case of what I do alllllll the time. I never save a name properly in my phone, couple of days later you've yet another mystery number in your phone. I've had to get rid of a few from my phone recently, because I've no idea who they are.

Bit sh1tty of me maybe, but you don't really have your head screwed on when you've just drank a vat of wine =P

Any ideas ladies??

That's a two way street.

There's been a few occasions where I've asked a girl for their number, text them and never heard back. And I only ever do it after I've been talking to a girl for a while, not like tapping people on the shoulder and saying "here, giz your number luv will ye". :D I never ask for the sake of asking.

I also made it clear that I wouldn't at all be offended if they don't want to.

I guess they're just being polite, on both fronts.

Personally I wouldn't ask a girl for her number unless I planned on contacting her again.

Thanks Guys for your response.

It's a case where I have been talking to the guy for a while everything seems to be going well, I say goodnight, head home with the friends and never hear another word. I'm not desperate and never initiate the conversation or the flirting. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!! I am also very select over who I give my number to (obviously not select enough!)

The funny thing is I dont want a serious relationship, just a bit of harmless texting would suit me grand!!!

My friend says that I'm too old fashioned and because I won't have one night stands that guys arent interested cause they reckon plenty of girls will.... but then why ask for the number!!

The funny thing is, this friend who regularly sleeps with guys on the first night always hears from them the next day!!!

I am now nervous to give my number out cause the lack of response is making me paranoid!!!(at 21 I'm surely too young for this!!!))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'm not desperate and never initiate the conversation or the flirting. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!

That's what you're doing wrong. You can't expect the poor guys to go out on a limb if you're not giving them any inclination that you're interested.

but surely giving the number is enough!!! on one of the occasions I also kissed the guy. Would guys really be that insecure??

but surely giving the number is enough!!! on one of the occasions I also kissed the guy. Would guys really be that insecure??

You're obviously that insecure, what makes you think guys are any different?

I'm only insecure cause dere not texting me!! I just don't understand!!! Does this happen to other girls????!!!! They chat me up, buy couple of drinks,ask for my number but thats as far as it goes!!

After the third time of course i think it's me!! Cause it doesnt seem to happen to anyone else? (or does it happen but they dont dwell/discuss it!!):o

They chat me up, buy couple of drinks,ask for my number but thats as far as it goes!!

That is a bit mental!

I'm only insecure cause dere not texting me!! I just don't understand!!! Does this happen to other girls????!!!! They chat me up, buy couple of drinks,ask for my number but thats as far as it goes!!

After the third time of course i think it's me!! Cause it doesnt seem to happen to anyone else? (or does it happen but they dont dwell/discuss it!!):o

It happens to everyone. You can't expect men to do all the running, I'm afraid! You have to put out what you want to get back. If you want men to flirt with you, be flirty. If you're interested, text him. You can't complain about men not taking the initiative if you're not prepared to take it yourself!

Men aren't super-confident any more than women are. They need encouragement too. Give them a break!

I think what she's saying is men do approach her, chat her up, buy her drink, then ask for her number, THEN don't get in contact, after doing all the hard work? I think...

• Advertisement

I think what she's saying is men do approach her, chat her up, buy her drink, then ask for her number, THEN don't get in contact, after doing all the hard work? I think...

She is... but if she's not given them any encouragement while they're doing that then they're going to think she's just fobbed them off.

She should be taking their number as well and taking the initiative. Dutch courage fades pretty quickly the day after, it's very easy to convince yourself that the other person wasn't as interested as you thought at the time and just say "ah sure I'll forget it."

I guess I'm just of the opinion that if you want something, reach out and take it. If you don't ask, you don't get!

I suppose that makes sense-I know by this stage you probs think I'm stuck ina 1950's time warp!!!! but will the guy not think i'm a desperado by asking for his number too!!!

I've just always been of the school of thought that if the guy is interested he will do all the running. I know it's not very fair but I've just come out of a 3 year relationship where the initial chatting up etc. was done solely by him... Maybe I'm a bit clueless!!!

Why if they ask for the number do they not text-this does not encourage me to ask for numbers and text them!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

shellyboo wrote: »
    It happens to everyone. You can't expect men to do all the running, I'm afraid! You have to put out what you want to get back. If you want men to flirt with you, be flirty. If you're interested, text him. You can't complain about men not taking the initiative if you're not prepared to take it yourself!

Men aren't super-confident any more than women are. They need encouragement too. Give them a break!
    agreed shellyboo, i think alot of us girls are under the impression that its boys job to do all the chasing.
    i mean its one thing to start a text chat with the guy a few times and he does likewise.
    its quite another if you are always initiating contact with the same guy all the time (doesn't really count if it is a different guy each time)

I suppose that makes sense-I know by this stage you probs think I'm stuck ina 1950's time warp!!!! but will the guy not think i'm a desperado by asking for his number too!!!

Do you think he's desperate for asking for yours?!

You need to get out of this "men do the chasing" thing... it's not really fair on men. Women can be really harsh and cruel to guys these days, and it's really discouraging and it's putting loads of men off putting themselves out there. To combat that, us ladies need to get a bit more proactive!

I've just always been of the school of thought that if the guy is interested he will do all the running. I know it's not very fair but I've just come out of a 3 year relationship where the initial chatting up etc. was done solely by him... Maybe I'm a bit clueless!!!

Why if they ask for the number do they not text-this does not encourage me to ask for numbers and text them!!!!!

Could be a million reasons why they don't text, ranging from them bottling it, to being too drunk to remember, to thinking there's no point, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

my relationship is just brilliant (sorry!!) i couldnt have asked for a better guy. after seeing my ex for nearly two years and all the hassle i went through with him... you name it, ive gone through it, its just such a relief to meet someone so much more mature,even tho he is younger, and someone who completely and utterly adores me, and i do him. its been just over 3 years we are together and every single day he sees me, he tells me how gorgeous i am and how much he loves me. he doesnt say it just for the sake of it, he really means it too. i just feel so so lucky. :)

Thanks for all comments and advice-especially Shellyboo, you are very clued in!!!!

I'll have to put all this advice to good use in the future!!! I reckon dutch courage is necessary with this new change in attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!

shellyboo wrote: »
    You need to get out of this "men do the chasing" thing... it's not really fair on men. Women can be really harsh and cruel to guys these days, and it's really discouraging and it's putting loads of men off putting themselves out there. To combat that, us ladies need to get a bit more proactive!

Fair play Shelly, great attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Just to ask a quick question on my current relationship and get opinions.
    I'll keep it short!

I've been seeing a guy since Christmas, starting officially seeing each other around a 2/3 months ago (never sat down and discussed it to be official, just led into it and we both understood without having to say). A couple of my friends who have been with boyfriends past 2/3 years say thats really weird and it needs to be properly stated - whereas I don't think so.

Secondly, they say we're not properly bf/gf because we could go 2/3 days without talking to each other - god forbid! And its strange because we wouldn't ring each other every night, or text at least 3 times a day at different intervals.

I think they're crazy but they keep saying "We've been with out bf's 2/3 years blah blah we know what we're talking about whereas this is your first bf".

Who's in the wrong? :confused:

Every situation is different, to be honest.
    I don't think the actual "so, we're boyfriend/ girlfriend now then eh?" conversation necessarily has to take place as things do tend to just go that way.

I would find it a little unusual that you don't talk for days on end. My last relationship even when we were living together, we text each other during the working day.

But again, it all depends on your situation.

If you don't have a problem with it, your friends shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

need to vent :)
    I've always thought I really just wanted a longterm relationship, a proper boyfriend and all the rest. But now I'm in one and I just want out.
    I really like the guy and everything but I just seem to freak out about commitments. I was always sure that I wanted a commitment and now I'm so confused. I don't want to lose a good thing for no real reason but I just can't help wanting to escape from the relationship. What is wrong with me?!:eek: :)

Advertisement