Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was just told that its better to drink low fat milk with weight gain supplements, sounds like bullsh.it to me, but I wouldnt know any better.
    Some people will drink whey with water after a workout, I think the fat slows down absorption rates so that might be a reason people recommend low fat milk or skimmed milk. Otherwise most of the time I see whole milk recommended though.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Can any tell me the difference or benfits/disaadvantages between Impact whey protein and Impact whey isolate from myprotein.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

Think the best and cheapest source of casein is cottage cheese.

2days workout like m-day,t-day,wednesday off,then thursday and firday back to workout.Tried separated parts training but wasn't effective.
    Best for me is same part twice a week in 50% max.Fat is burning.
    To help burning a fat i suggest u to drink a cup of a strong ground coffee 30mins b4 workout.Better power and motivation during training.

Better than aminos are BCAA.U can try on eggs proteins (rich source of aminoacids) on the morning.For 100kg weight person is good to get 9whites and one whole egg.yolks throw away.won't be so good tastin scrambled egg but works as it should be.btw.yolks are source of unecessary fats incl.cholesterol.

Best meats for u are:fish,chicken and beef.don't fry'em just cook on steam or drop into oven with veges.

Forgot:You still need fat.But only fat you need is Olive oil or lineseed oil.take 'bout spoonful to every meal.

EDIT:do not eat white bread at all.only wholegrain or seed one.seen in lidl sunflower bread.good one.

what is bcaa? :)

cobijones wrote: »
    Can any tell me the difference or benfits/disaadvantages between Impact whey protein and Impact whey isolate from myprotein.co.uk?

main difference is price and adsorption speed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

what is bcaa? :)
    Branch Chain Amino Acids

• Advertisement

Branch Chain Amino Acids

so why he said "Better than aminos are BCAA" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 BrthzDublin

so why he said "Better than aminos are BCAA" :)

is quite different formula.

BCAA:metebolsed in 100% for energetic reasons,quick absorption but not going to be coctioned in liver
    Amino:many functions,usually mass build,contains BCAA but in quite smaller ratios

usage:

BCAA:morning time,before and past workout
    Amino:They can be used in same times but bcaa's going for energetic purposes,so then will be absorted without any loss and composed in musce cells.of course if bcaa will be counted properly - 1g of bcaa for each 1kg of body mass.

I know it sounds like buterly butter but bcaa are mostly anticatabolic stuff and have to be ususally taken pre and past workout but aminos are like substitute of proteins endorsement in diet (proteins are made from aminos).

is quite different formula.

BCAA:metebolsed in 100% for energetic reasons,quick absorption but not going to be coctioned in liver
    Amino:many functions,usually mass build,contains BCAA but in quite smaller ratios

usage:

BCAA:morning time,before and past workout
    Amino:They can be used in same times but bcaa's going for energetic purposes,so then will be absorted without any loss and composed in musce cells.of course if bcaa will be counted properly - 1g of bcaa for each 1kg of body mass.

I know it sounds like buterly butter but bcaa are mostly anticatabolic stuff and have to be ususally taken pre and past workout but aminos are like substitute of proteins endorsement in diet (proteins are made from aminos).

agree

p.s. what bcaa's are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Whats anyones experience with Optimum Nutrition? Looking at the whey protein and recovery 2:1:1?

Bump

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Bump

never try ON gold whey protein, but some of my friends are using it, they say its realy good :) i think it won first place on 2008(not sure about 2009) "protein of the year" :)
    probably soon ill have and ON gold for sale ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i tried optimum nutrition, good stuff, the new chocolate tastes ****e tho.

agree

p.s. what bcaa's are you using?
    Got bcaa's from Dymatize,also elite whey proteins,bcaa's are doing work around workout time,proteins between meals.i'm really suprised them.no sugar,sucrose,sweeteners or any other sweet alike.

seems to be really good proetins composition.btw.loads od proteins i've seen were foamy after preparing them in shaker.those are like it should be.
    before dymatize used to have syntrax matrix 5.0,proabably best taste protein ever had-cookies,but wasn't to happy from them.

Optimum whey gold was a good time when i had,2yrs ago like someones said above.now wouldn't say so.

Got bcaa's from Dymatize,also elite whey proteins,bcaa's are doing work around workout time,proteins between meals.i'm really suprised them.no sugar,sucrose,sweeteners or any other sweet alike.

seems to be really good proetins composition.btw.loads od proteins i've seen were foamy after preparing them in shaker.those are like it should be.
    before dymatize used to have syntrax matrix 5.0,proabably best taste protein ever had-cookies,but wasn't to happy from them.

Optimum whey gold was a good time when i had,2yrs ago like someones said above.now wouldn't say so.

try universal nutrition bcaa stack (powder) i am using it after workout, shock therapy before workout and intra aid while i am training :)

try universal nutrition bcaa stack (powder) i am using it after workout, shock therapy before workout and intra aid while i am training :)

thanks for advice.will order that in next two weeks but now got all i need.
    elite whey proteins and lipo6 black,quite strong fatburner,yesterday b4 get sleep had a small heartache,just taking suggested doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

,yesterday b4 get sleep had a small heartache

Well it was Valentine's Day...

Ah no, seriously though, fat burners and sleep don't mix well. I'd avoid taking it past early evening.

mloc wrote: »
    Well it was Valentine's Day...

Ah no, seriously though, fat burners and sleep don't mix well. I'd avoid taking it past early evening.

My heart is okay,got really loving wife.
    Used to spend yesterday crapp.been whole day on fairyhouse market.
    took last dosage (3caps)of lipo6 round 4pm,but has to be taken maximum 6hours before you planning to get sleep,so meant 10pm would be enough.Gone to my bed at 11pm and then felt smal aches in heart.
    Anyway never been so weaken like on this stuff.All the time looking for some to do.Couldn't sit in one place for long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Nervouspriest

Get your Maximuscle in the UK online on:

www.bodyshapersfitness.com

www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk

www.discount-supplements.co.uk

I got two 1.2kg Maximuscle cyclone(Strawberry) and a 5kg tub of Nutrisport(Banana) was a bit shocked at how big the 5kg tub was!!

I would never pay for it in this rip off country. Even with delivery charges its still a lot cheaper than buying it in the shops here.

I get it from the first website above, arrives in two days - highly recommended.

Adverts like this one above are just silly,but that won't help irish infrastructure to stand up and make a voice to be heard.

Why not to put some cash for guys whos sellin around ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Holland and Barret are doing buy one get one half price on everything! Come in dead handy of the ON and Maximuscle!

Had proteins body fortress,bought in holland and barret.All what was good in them was taste...

everytime i'm in blanch and gettin hungry going to h&b to buy some protein bars,hope their will do job better than snacks between meals :)

Some else i wanted to say by the way back to my above post:
    Ireland should put on some pressure for 'active' livin peoples by giving them own value proteins and vitamin products..Far as i really good know there's no company in this country who's thinking about own sport nutrition products.

• Advertisement

Just made training.Back parts with forearm and punchbag for cardio after.Lipo6 is crazy fat burning stuff.never been so sweaty.all the time weaken and agressive in contact wit the weights.dropped 0,5kg in last two days.Will make me diet superior from nex m-day,this week is to give a chance to my body to adapt less calories ratio and exchanging 2 meals with only protein shake.
    My wife alternativelly is taking scorch from man,she said is hungry all the time,strenght for me,but only evening time see her wants to eat,whole day in work none,if i'm bringin her dinner she's eating round half no more.on bad thing scorch has and see on her is heavily breathing like,overdosed caffeine has that sympthome but she feels okay,so will stay and observe..
    btw.regarding food regulation in her diet ,think she hasn't much cardio and aero training during the day.time to change routine and make early morning joging b4 work and then weight full one after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I just got a 12lb bag of 'Serious Mass', first time Iv ever tried a supplement, mixed up 2 tablespoons in 700ml of water, tried to drink it and had to fight off the gag reflex with every mouthful O_O

Tips on making shakes taste better? or at least go down a little easier.

Please and thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get yourself a magic bullet, mix it with milk and throw in a few ice cubes, only half fill it since it fluffs up to almost twice the volume you put in. It goes frothy which is nice but it is coldness that makes it, they can taste similar to proper "bad" takeaway milkshakes. -I have never had serious mass though, but it HUGELY improves the proteins I have had

£25 including delivery to Ireland (tick the box when checking out)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinari-MB280-Genie-Multi-Attachment-Blender/dp/B000GG4MCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1266354191&sr=8-1

i'd say ,sometimes affects are top a things so just drink straight like vodka in smalles mixed ratio.had same story with some bulk 50/50,vanilla taste,wasn't so good so mixed bout 2 scoops in 150ml of water and drinked straight.was working good.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Some else i wanted to say by the way back to my above post:
    Ireland should put on some pressure for 'active' livin peoples by giving them own value proteins and vitamin products..Far as i really good know there's no company in this country who's thinking about own sport nutrition products.

Glanbia and Carberry have both released their own Supplement ranges in recent months. I dont know the exact name of the glanbia product but Carberry have released Kinetica sports. They are 100% irish and im assuming the same goes for Glanbia. We sell Kinetica and it tastes unreal also, i have friends who have tried them and they find them good quality. I have also seen it been sold in Evergreens on Shop St as well

Thats the good news!
    Thanks a lot bro,will look around for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I just got a 12lb bag of 'Serious Mass', first time Iv ever tried a supplement, mixed up 2 tablespoons in 700ml of water, tried to drink it and had to fight off the gag reflex with every mouthful O_O

Please and thankyou.

Two tablespoons of serious mass is almost pointless and why drink it on water, your trying to add mass. Using the big scoop in the bag blend approx 1 to 1 and a quarter of those big scoops with about 700mls of full fat milk.
    You must blend this stuff to make it drinkable by the way, mixing serious mass in a shaker is pointless
    Then just down the stuff quickly, its seriously filling but not the worst tasting stuff in the world if ye don't take all day drinking it

Oh and it's easiest to drink that stuff down in the morning for breakfast cause ye hav'nt ate in hours, I found trying to drink it in the evenings more of a struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

colly10 wrote: »
    Two tablespoons of serious mass is almost pointless and why drink it on water.
    Thats what it says to do on the side of the bag, thanks for rest rest of the advice though, and honestly I didnt know there was a scoop yoke in the bag until I read your post, I found it buried about half way down. Could you rephrase this next lil quote here for me please? I dont understand there emboldened part.
    colly10 wrote: »
    Using the big scoop in the bag blend approx 1 to 1 and a quarter of those big scoops with about 700mls of full fat milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Could you rephrase this next lil quote here for me please? I dont understand there emboldened part.

I just ment that you should use roughly 1 of those scoops or maybe a little over one scoop. It says to use 2 scoops on the bag and thats great if your actually able to use 2 scoops every serving but I found 2 scoops far to heavy.
    Mix the power with around 1 1/2 pints on milk in the blender then drink it down.

Oh and I know it says to use water on the side of the bag but you will get alot more calories and protein if you mix it with milk, it will also taste better with milk

Hope thats clearer

• Advertisement

Way advised and builded my mass yrs ago was given by ex-bodybuilder.
    Best profits and weight increase noticed when drinked gainer after every meal.Try it urself lads,it works like nothing else.Then could be called anabolic stuff.even drinking gainer on empty stomach isn't worth of it.

Advertisement