Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

colly10 wrote: »
    I just ment that you should use roughly 1 of those scoops or maybe a little over one scoop. It says to use 2 scoops on the bag and thats great if your actually able to use 2 scoops every serving but I found 2 scoops far to heavy.
    Mix the power with around 1 1/2 pints on milk in the blender then drink it down.

Oh and I know it says to use water on the side of the bag but you will get alot more calories and protein if you mix it with milk, it will also taste better with milk

Hope thats clearer
    Much clearer, thankyou. Yeah, Iv a feeling 2 scoops is gonna be way to heavy for me, this is the first supplement Iv ever taken and Im only 9 stone 5 pounds. Maybe Ill need a lil trial and error before I find the perfect amount for me, cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Maybe Ill need a lil trial and error before I find the perfect amount for me, cheers again.

Ye, get as much in as you can though, it is effective but obviously to see the benefits you'd really need to be taking at least 1 scoop a day

Ye, get as much in as you can though, it is effective but obviously to see the benefits you'd really need to be taking at least 1 scoop a day
    I tried just under a scoop in 500ml of milk earlier, not having a blender is a bitch, I just used a whisk and then downed it. Im aiming for 2 pints of milk (so 2 scoops) every day. Would ya think that'd be good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Folks,
    Im looking for a post workout shake to help with DOMS and also replace lost body fluids. Im not doing much weights at the minute as Im training for my black belt, so its mostly cardio. I am stretching after my sessions but I just want to know if theres anything else I can take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 BrthzDublin

I suggest you a proteins isolate,some aminoacids,not bcaa's and portion of vitamins & minerals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I suggest you a proteins isolate,some aminoacids,not bcaa's and portion of vitamins & minerals.

Just looking on Myprotein and there seems to be a lot of Amino Acids. Any particular ones I should look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

why not bcaa's? :) did you know that these amino acids cannot be made by your body and if your body is short of any amino acid, takes it straight from your muscles. Take one amino acid from its chain and all amino acid chain will be lost. Thats how you start to lose your muscles :)

p.s. sorry about my english

why not bcaa's? :) did you know that these amino acids cannot be made by your body and if your body is short of any amino acid, takes it straight from your muscles. Take one amino acid from its chain and all amino acid chain will be lost. Thats how you start to lose your muscles :)

p.s. sorry about my english

Get back to previous page.Explained all i knew about difference between using bcaa and aminos.Quickly and simply for everyone.

Now:Suggest you from my point of view,that best are aminos in liquid to make a life a lot easier:)Why?think if u have to take say: dose 18caps at once of aminos...bleeh.So u taking instead of it say one spoonfull of liquid form and works same way,but quicker,caps or whatever need to be coctioned first,but liquid is going much faster around our body to get into reaction.

I tried just under a scoop in 500ml of milk earlier, not having a blender is a bitch, I just used a whisk and then downed it. Im aiming for 2 pints of milk (so 2 scoops) every day. Would ya think that'd be good enough?

Ye that would be good enough, stay consistent with it every day and you should notice it on the scales quite quickly. Ye should pick your self up a cheap blender, id say it's fairly horrendous when just mixed together.
    I found it wouldn't mix right without it, as long as ye get it down ye though thats all that matters

May it be sound fantasitc,but u gain when taking doses over suggestions with this kind of stuff.
    Can't understand why u cant take more than one scoop.Take two as sugestted or 2,5 drop into 150-200ml water (milk is causin a fatty effect -keeping underskin water,so wires are invisible by that way)in shaker and drink straight.Heavy way to be a big man,but u have to keep it in mind,without sacrifice no gains.

Someones said and now i quote "No pain no gain'' ....and this is sadly true in this sport.

• Advertisement

Take two as sugestted or 2,5 drop into 150-200ml water (milk is causin a fatty effect -keeping underskin water,so wires are invisible by that way)in shaker and drink straight.Heavy way to be a big man,but u have to keep it in mind,without sacrifice no gains.

Someones said and now i quote "No pain no gain'' ....and this is sadly true in this sport.

It will not mix like that, thats over 350g of power with 150mls-200mls of water. Ye may as well eat it out of the bag with a spoon as do this. Thought it was carbs which causes ye to hold water.
    Drinking it on milk nearly doubles your calories and when your taking a mass gaining product thats the whole point
    Can't understand why u cant take more than one scoop.

He's taking 2 a day, I gained nearly 2 stone in a few months while taking less than he is, its plenty

Water retention got few points.I'm telling about milk,what causes.Carbos are two types one mono and composed,one are shot for insulin like,other causing a fat...no matter.natural way to stop and minimalize retention is zincum from pharmacy.single form,not like in centurm or whatever got all,but small doses.
    It is important.Too much water may cause gynecomastia.Too much fat lipomastia.Just be careful with stuff ur using.

Btw.wasn't too funny with suggestion -eating from a bag.
    Had many gainers but,bulk form 50/50,never used like those 250mg of powder to get 30g proteins,crazy.

Also gainer this kinda sweety form is like atom-belly.Just be aware.
    2stones meant of retention are you?Never seen to get clear muscle mass this weight in such a short time.

2stones meant of retention are you?Never seen to get clear muscle mass this weight in such a short time.

Put it on in muscle, took a year at the very most. Abs were still visible after putting on the weight so ye it was muscle mass

Put it on in muscle, took a year at the very most. Abs were still visible after putting on the weight so ye it was muscle mass

few months aren't be compared to full year mate.anyhow good luck wit all u're taken to be on good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

BulkPowders.co.uk Launches Flavoured Whey Protein Concentrate 82%

works out at about 60 euro for 5 kg's with delivery

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/search.php?xSearch=flavoured+whey+protein

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dialer

I understood it, that when mixing whey or any other powder suppliment with milk,m that it takes longer to enter the bloodstream.
    When mixed with water it is immediately absorbed and what better time for this than post work out.
    Its oviously not as creamy and milkshake like, but better for absorption.

am i wrong ?

dialer wrote: »
    I understood it, that when mixing whey or any other powder suppliment with milk,m that it takes longer to enter the bloodstream.
    When mixed with water it is immediately absorbed and what better time for this than post work out.

am i wrong ?

Neverd heard story like this.I mean proteins are going own way to be coctioned than milk which was a base of them.

Anyway past workout are two 'windows' :

glycemic-up to 15mins past workout

and

anabolic/protein - 30-45mins after workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

am i wrong ?

I think this might be the case but its not really that important what you mix it with so long as you have a good workout and get some protein in. Yesterday I cycled back from the gym and had 3 scoops of protein with milk and was hungry again within the hour (although I had to cycle another 2km after showering). Lots of people just drink milk after the gym. Micromanaging can be just as bad as not thinking about your food at all.

Neverd heard story like this.I mean proteins are going own way to be coctioned than milk which was a base of them.

Anyway past workout are two 'windows' :

glycemic-up to 15mins past workout

and

anabolic/protein - 30-45mins after workout.

Would this suggest that a protein fortified with L-glutamine for nitrogen transport & muscle recovery immediately after workout to suppliment the lactic acid build up
    And a pure whey suppliment high in amino acids an hour later ?

excuse my ignorance by there are so many concoctions promoting recovery and muscle growth. along with meal replacement formula's of 2:1 carb to protein to suppliment dietry intake

perhaps someone might know of a slow release bedtime protein also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Would this suggest that a protein fortified with L-glutamine for nitrogen transport & muscle recovery immediately after workout to suppliment the lactic acid build up
    And a pure whey suppliment high in amino acids an hour later ?

excuse my ignorance by there are so many concoctions promoting recovery and muscle growth. along with meal replacement formula's of 2:1 carb to protein to suppliment dietry intake

Unless you're to be considered in the 'elite athlete' catagory, don't worry about the little things. Get in some fast acting carbs and protein after a workout, thats the big one.

For nighttime, and even during the day, I find MyProtein's Instant Milk Protein to be terrific. Plus use the code in my sig to get 5% off your first order.

Honestly, as said above, don't worry about the little things. Nail the big things, and the little ones will help you along maybe 10% quicker, if even.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucky man

perhaps someone might know of a slow release bedtime protein also ?[/QUOTE]

I use "Micellar Casein" from Reflex. It is a high quality casein protein, easily mixed and I must say the tastiest shake I have come accross yet. (strawberry flavour). I mix it with milk to have before bed and have two tablespoons of cod liver oil afterwards to help slow digestion.

So, a weekish since Iv started to take a scoop of 'serious mass' in 500ml of full fat milk, twice daily.. Im starting to notice chest pains, theyre bearable, but just wondering is this ok?

Im 9stone, 8 pounds and this is the first supplement Iv ever taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

So, a weekish since Iv started to take a scoop of 'serious mass' in 500ml of full fat milk, twice daily.. Im starting to notice chest pains, theyre bearable, but just wondering is this ok?

Im 9stone, 8 pounds and this is the first supplement Iv ever taken.

ask a doctor obviously

But theyre hardly noticable, not something Id wanna fork out a tonne of cash to be looked at, sent to a consultant and then told Im fine.
    If I had to compare them to another type of pain, it would be the one that lets you know you held onto a bowl movement a lil too long.. its not killing me like, Im just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

But theyre hardly noticable, not something Id wanna fork out a tonne of cash to be looked at, sent to a consultant and then told Im fine.
    If I had to compare them to another type of pain, it would be the one that lets you know you held onto a bowl movement a lil too long.. its not killing me like, Im just curious.

well in my personal experience ONLY i went to the doctor about a month ago and got full bllods and mentioned a kind of tension like chest pain that comes and goes and feels to me to be a kind of muscle pain in between the ribs he checked my heart beat explained a dfew things and told me i had nothing to really worry about

make of that what you will but you really should go to your gp if they are anything more than a little twinge

Of course! if it worsens Ill definitely be paying the doctor a visit, I may even, if it persists over the next few days. Thanks.

lucky man wrote: »

I use "Micellar Casein" from Reflex. It is a high quality casein protein, easily mixed and I must say the tastiest shake I have come accross yet. (strawberry flavour). I mix it with milk to have before bed and have two tablespoons of cod liver oil afterwards to help slow digestion.[/QUOTE]

thx luckyman, i never knew about the oil also to effectively slow it.
    great tip. thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucky man

I was wondering what people here recommend as a top pre-workout supplement that gives good pumps, energy and focus. No Explode seems to be a good one from what I have read on different forums, only banned in this country..wtf???
    Or what about a combination of ingredients that could be put together to give the same effects at smaller money. Thanks in advance folks......

lucky man wrote: »
    I was wondering what people here recommend as a top pre-workout supplement that gives good pumps, energy and focus. No Explode seems to be a good one from what I have read on different forums, only banned in this country..wtf???
    Or what about a combination of ingredients that could be put together to give the same effects at smaller money. Thanks in advance folks......

Far as i heard irish rugby team used to overdosed noxplode and someones gone to hospital after.Seems to be not a toy for a big boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Far as i heard irish rugby team used to overdosed noxplode and someones gone to hospital after.Seems to be not a toy for a big boy.

Unlikely.

The reason it is banned is due to having more than 100% RDA of Vitamin B12. Typical BS from the IMB.

Advertisement