Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The limit for B12 in Ireland is 25mcg. Any greater is POM. This has been the case since February 2005!
    According to IAHS (Irish Assoc Health Shops) Ireland is the only country they believe to have such a limit on B12.

The article if anyone is interested - beware it's a word document not html page:

http://www.irishhealthstores.com/documents/B12submission_iahs05.doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 BrthzDublin

i'd simply say- it's a bull*hit with that RDA of b12.All of us knows it's nothing like that dose in sport.FDA made a big mistake,but theres none we can do..

I assume you mean IMB mate as FDA is USA not Ireland.

Yeah!Sorry i'm too angry with some of them products..Worst decision was made for supplements history - animal pak ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 davy7

Yeah!Sorry i'm too angry with some of them products..Worst decision was made for supplements history - animal pak ;/

these stupid bans dont stop me at all. i buy my animal pak online with no problems. buy most supplements online anyway due to cheaper prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 solarpower

Hey, anybody noticed a change in the taste of ON Gold std whey. i bought it before chistmas and just bought a new tub its tastes very different and i dont mean better. Choc flavour on both occasions. just wondering am i dreaming it or anybody else noticed same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

does anyone know if you can use a code to get 5% off your 2nd or third order from myprotein, or is it only your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

does anyone know if you can use a code to get 5% off your 2nd or third order from myprotein, or is it only your first?
    You cannot recommend someone living in the same household unfortunately
    Only one account can be created per customer and any abuse of this is strictly against MP rules.
    We have sophisticated customer tracking software and any fraudulent use of the programme will result in deletion of all related accounts and removal of all points
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/?page=mp-rewards-information

All I can think of is getting a mate to order it for you, have it sent to their house and use your original code in the process too.

wait, can i send it to their house using my account though?, unfortunatly they dont have accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wait, can i send it to their house using my account though?, unfortunatly they dont have accounts
    No, won't work, then you would be inputting your own code on your own account. They would have to set up an account. You could set up a new account on their behalf, new name, address, email etc. Now I am not sure if you could also pay with your own credit card at the end, they might spot that it is already linked to another account. If you were ordering loads it might be worth your while though.

They also sell vouchers now, so I was wondering could you buy say £200 worth of vouchers and get the 5% off and keep them for future orders.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/accessories/mp-gift-vouchers/
    1. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash 2. Only one voucher can be used per order 3. Voucher must be redeemed online at www.myprotein.co.uk 4. Vouchers must be used in full in a single purchase, any unused balance will be lost 5. Voucher cannot be used to pay for Myprotein.co.uk gift vouchers 6. Voucher may be used in exchange for goods of a higher price than the face value of the voucher, on payment of the difference by credit or debit card 7. No liability will be accepted for the replacement or refund of lost, stolen or destroyed vouchers 8. Normal myprotein.co.uk terms and conditions of purchase and for using the myprotein.co.uk website apply 9. Please contact Customer Services on 0845 0949 889 for further information
    Number 2 is the real catch, £50 is the max voucher -but no mention of them not allowing it on first order. This way your mate would have less hassle, i.e. just a letter arriving to his house, nobody needs to collect a box.

Number 5 is an obvious clause, though I did scam cdwow years ago with that trick, buying up vouchers with vouchers over and over using a 20% discount link :pac:

Also some other poster asked about boxes http://www.myprotein.co.uk/?page=faqs#45
    Can you send my order in a plain box without our branding?
    Unfortunately we can no longer send orders in "plain" boxes.

• Advertisement

Rub, i threw in your code and hoped for the best :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ian Robinson

What ya think of BSN Nitrix and what should it be stacked with to get the best gains???

try with sizeON or superpump250 from gaspari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Just noticed that they have reduced the price of Impact whey on Myprotein if anyone is interested / was thinking of re-ordering soon. I think it is permanent, and not just a special offer.

aos189.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Hey how's things?
    I'm an 18-year old student, starting back lifting weights in my garage again after a year of doing absolutely nothing. I was on whey protein for a year and it worked reasonably well(expensive though). Just wondering should I start back on whey(ON:Gold Standard) again and creatine monohydrate? Or am I jumping the gun after a year of rest? Should I go a month without supplements first to get back into it? Or jump on the supplement bus straight away?

Also where is the cheapest/most reliable site to buy whey and creatine?

Advice appreciated, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 cyberfitnessgur

My proteen capsules also taste like chocolate but it reminds me more of brussel sprouts... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys what do people think of Nutrition X Big Whey? Fitness Ireland are doing a deal - 2 x 6lb tubs for 69.99. Sounds pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

Best omega 3 supplement out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Guys what do people think of Nutrition X Big Whey? Fitness Ireland are doing a deal - 2 x 6lb tubs for 69.99. Sounds pretty good.

Thats a pretty good deal except the only bad thing about it is that one has to be banana which I dont think would be nice, other than that I find it a good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Dubdude wrote: »
    Thats a pretty good deal except the only bad thing about it is that one has to be banana which I dont think would be nice, other than that I find it a good product.

I love the banana flavour!! Might give it a shot and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

What sort of whey protien should i get, have been doing weights the last 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

hey lads,

im looking for a good protein supplement, im thinking of ordering the 5lbs tub of strawberry whey protein, can anyone recommend this???

Also i'm looking at a good fat burning supplement, need to get a little ripped for boxing. can anyone recommend a good fat burning supplement? is this ok to be used in conjunction with a protein supplement at same time?

Obviously im gunna be working out aswell alot.

Any help on recommending a fat burner would be great. I think im gunna go for the whey protein above unless someone convinces me otherwise as i have heard its good.

is the supplement factory the best way to go??

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

How much actual protein do people try to take after the gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Sangre wrote: »

usually a mix of 50g carbs and 25g protein, or more. in that general ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I have about three scoops with some milk.

just to let people know there's 20% off whey isolate on myprotein again, very good price for isolate imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

I have about three scoops with some milk.

just to let people know there's 20% off whey isolate on myprotein again, very good price for isolate imo.

Do you know how long isolate would usually last before it goes off?

I have just bought 2.5kg recently but wouldn't mind stocking up at this price if it doesn't go off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 solarpower

unopened from manufacture it should last 18 to 24 months. if opened consume within 2 months max. Store in dry location when opened

solarpower wrote: »
    unopened from manufacture it should last 18 to 24 months. if opened consume within 2 months max. Store in dry location when opened

Are you selling it? :) Fact is the whey whether isolate or concentrate is not coming from the manufacturer when you get it, except in very, very rare cases. At best you are looking at two links before you.

Nothing wrong with this but the point is, it has already been exposed to the elements so to speak and putting it into a plastic tub does do anything magical. If the tub is able to be sealed again as in screw cap then the 18-24 months is fine. However the reality is most tubs would be consumed well within this timeframe.

More issue would be the stock rotation of co's how old is the batch they are currently selling etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im completely new to the whole supplements and protein thing. my exercise consists of weight-training and quite a bit of cardio. im looking to lose weight/bodyfat whilst building muscle, ive had relative success but feel like ive hit a brickwall. a few friends of mine have said i should be on protein shakes but they didnt seem to know what they were talking about that much.

considering im looking to lose fat but gain muscle will protein shakes benefit this? i see loads of guys in the gym who drink the shakes and are big and broad but also have bellies on them. im not looking to gain much in size, more so tone up now.

very confused but thanks if you can help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

40-50g iso protein, do not mix it with milk after workout, you need "quick" protein at that time ;)

Advertisement