Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted in this thread already but has anyone tried any of the Lucozade supplement and are they any good.

http://www.lucozadeshop.com/products/products/7.html

I have a few friends who tried these, 1 thinks they're great 2 thought they were filth. My bro just bought a load of the new Elsom stuff - said it wasn't the cheapest but amazing quality and still 20% cheaper than maximuscle and seems to be rated highly.

I take protein and recovery products as I compete on horseback so I'm going to give them a shot. The whole ethos seems very clean - no preservatives/stabilisers/emulsifiers/aspartame/filler/rennet - similar to Dorian Yates but cheaper. Anyone know where u can buy Dorian Yates cheap(er)? Or anyone tried the Elsom stuff? No one replied last time I asked in a thread, guess it got lost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

mloc wrote: »
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/pulse-(800g)/

That'll do it, didn't notice the last time, wanted to try it.

just to let you know the taste of that is super ****ing strong and therefore super horrible maybe i was doing something wrong but i would get headaches after forcing it down just from the taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭trapsagenius

Does anyone use this site?
    http://www.fitnessireland.ie/
    Is it reliable?
    Also does anyone use "Reflex Instant Whey" or "Nutrition X Big Whey Pro X"?
    Are they as good as other proteins with regards taste, value for money etc? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony12345

Thanks guys bought my whey protein from myprotein.co.uk looks good and very cheap. Looking for a good preworkout also any suggestions which one and where to buy in Ireland online i have came through a few sites:

www.universalnutrition.ie, www.nutritionconnection.ie, www.nutrasport.ie, discountsupplements.ie, www.fitnessireland.ie and a few others. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

tony12345 wrote: »
    Thanks guys bought my whey protein from myprotein.co.uk looks good and very cheap. Looking for a good preworkout also any suggestions which one and where to buy in Ireland online i have came through a few sites:

www.universalnutrition.ie, www.nutritionconnection.ie, www.nutrasport.ie, discountsupplements.ie, www.fitnessireland.ie and a few others. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Xplode 2 by nutrition x is very good i found.

http://fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Pre-Training-Nutrition-X-X-Plode-2.aspx?ProductSize=1.98lb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony12345

Thanks but im looking for something on the line of VPX-NO Shotgun have heard great things about this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

tony12345 wrote: »
    Thanks but im looking for something on the line of VPX-NO Shotgun have heard great things about this product.

i could be wrong but im not sure you can get NO products over here any more

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

The whey isolate, it doesn't make me feel bloated and I got it on sale....oh.:(
    how much you pay for whey isolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i could be wrong but im not sure you can get NO products over here any more

you can't get certain NO supps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

how much you pay for whey isolate?

Don't remember, it was on sale. Look it up on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lucozade creatine tablets:
    Anyone tried these? Seen them in Tesco last night, about 50c for approx 10 tablets, 10gms of Creatine per tablet, not bad. Also with them being Lucozade I'm sure they taste alright too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Lucozade creatine tablets:
    Anyone tried these? Seen them in Tesco last night, about 50c for approx 10 tablets, 10gms of Creatine per tablet, not bad. Also with them being Lucozade I'm sure they taste alright too.

Just checked this out - it's 10g creatine PER PACK of 14. Those would be some monster huge pills otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

D'oh! Screw that then - still handy to pick up a pack if you can't get in your PWO shake.
    Simple carbs + maybe 5g of creatine in, say, 2 tabs + some quick grub = PWO on the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nari85

Can you mix/stack cyclone maximuscle with beta alanine pro. Is it safe/advisable to do so

Nari85 wrote: »
    Can you mix/stack cyclone maximuscle with beta alanine pro. Is it safe/advisable to do so

hi, yes you can, cyclone is just protein and some creatine, use it as post workout shake (mix it with water for faster absorption), beta alanine 30-45 before workout on empty stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

5kg (11lb) Whey Protein Concentrate 82% only £29.99! Extended until midnight tomorrow!!

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/276/0/whey_protein_concentrate_80___instantised_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

that can be trumped by:

MP MAX® True Whey

Size: 5lb Tub

Servings: 90 x 25g
    Offer Price: £21.99! (RRP: £27.49)
    Flavours:
    Velvet Vanilla / Cookies & Cream / Choc Orange /
    Choc Mint / Raspberry Ripple / Milk Chocolate /
    Strawberry Delight / Toffee Fudge / Banana Cream.

this is serious value

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-%285lb%29/

dave80 wrote: »
    5kg (11lb) Whey Protein Concentrate 82% only £29.99! Extended until midnight tomorrow!!

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/276/0/whey_protein_concentrate_80___instantised_

taste like sh1t :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FeetMagicII

Hi all,
    I've recently got back into using the gym and I mainly concentrate on weight lifting and a small amount of cardio. Basically I'm clueless as to what supplements suit what needs but I would be looking for something that helps weight loss and aids muscle growth. I plan on training every second day. I'm average height and weight if it matters. A friend of mine takes USN cre-tec anabolic and recommends it?
    Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Hi all,
    I've recently got back into using the gym and I mainly concentrate on weight lifting and a small amount of cardio. Basically I'm clueless as to what supplements suit what needs but I would be looking for something that helps weight loss and aids muscle growth. I plan on training every second day. I'm average height and weight if it matters. A friend of mine takes USN cre-tec anabolic and recommends it?
    Cheers for any help.

This might sound like a smart arse reply, but honestly it's not.

Look at your diet, try and get it as good as possible and then use supplements to plug the holes.

Protein shakes and creatine would probably be the main two things you should look at if you're working on strength, and add carbs as well if you're going for size. I think you should try to get as much of your protein and carbs from actual food, and just use the shakes as something you can take quickly after a workout.

Avoid the fancy stuff it's all just marketing gimmicks.

EDIT: Just re read your post. If you're trying to lose weight don't go for carb supplements. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Cheers for any help.

my suggestion: amino acids, protein and some creatine, that USN cre-tec anabolic is just ordinary sugar with some magnesium :) look at nutritional details ;)http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/cre-tech-anabolic.htm#product-ingredients-nutritional-details 35eur for 1.8kg sugar :) in tesco 1kg of sugar 0.80eur and if you are thinking about weight loss forget sugar, by the way sugar decrease testosteron level. ;)

OT i cant imagine who can buy such crap, once i tryed USN weight gainer i just cant describe that taste :D and i payed 80eur(or more) for 5kg, madness :D

for a person who bought two or more USN cre- tec anabolic, i will give something for free :D for example BCAA 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

make a bit of sense!!

dave80 wrote: »
    make a bit of sense!!

about what? protein you ordered or USN supplements? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FeetMagicII

Thanks for the advice. So that USN product seems worthless. Is there any protein shakes that you'd recommend? Can that BCAA2000 product be bought in Ireland or do you have to purchase it online.
    Cheers.

Thanks for the advice. So that USN product seems worthless. Is there any protein shakes that you'd recommend? Can that BCAA2000 product be bought in Ireland or do you have to purchase it online.
    Cheers.

ON gold protein is not bad, i am using universal nutrition whey pro protein, just finished new cookie & cream, it was best protein i ever try...

p.s. BCAA2000 is amino acids, (short post about its http://www.mynutrition.ie/viewtopic.php?id=42)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

i heard about this place through gumtree. Seamed a little different coz you pay in cash on delivery but i went with it anyway and it turned out good. they have their 'own brand' stuff which i bought and other known brands aswell. their own stuff is in quite plane/boring packaging, but it seams very good. check it out: www.aobnutrition.com

Hey all,

Just wondering what you guys think of Creatine;

313-0104267SPA68UC428622M.jpg

An amazing product that, with the proper effort, will have you like Schwarzenegger in no time?

Or is it like those fad diets, where you start to make great progress, but the minute you slow down or stop using them, everything goes to shit on you?

Just looking to get some advice or insight if possible regarding it. The only other thread I could find was from 2002 and just involved a lot of arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dunlea1994

Dere pretty good im 16 and i take dem b4 games and training dere good at boosting performance and mental focus and dey made me more leaner aswell:D

Advertisement