Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Hart Book Signing in Dublin - THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Luke G wrote: »
    We were told from a very good source that The Late Late show turned him down for an appearance, and instead interviewed 2 RTE news reporters, Riudiculous...

That isnt that hard to believe.

I would be a lot more surprised if they had have gotten him on to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

flahavaj wrote: »
    Exactly. Plus he'd have been eating into Christy's airtime and we can't have that.;)

As long as he wasn't eating Lady Gaga! OWWWW! I went there! ;)
    Anyway, back to Bret and the signing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    As long as he wasn't eating Lady Gaga! OWWWW! I went there! ;)
    Anyway, back to Bret and the signing!

I still don't know who or what this Gaga person is.:pac:

Anyway back on topic. the book is awesome.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

It is really good, i read it in 4 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

That's kind of sad that they didn't interview him on the Late Late and I suppose, wrestling being what it is, I'd say even a lot of the current stars wouldn't be known by the Late Late audience.

Having said that, there's plenty of times you turn on the Late Late and they're interviewing some obscure person who built a wall in some field in the middle of nowhere in Ireland and wrote a book about it. So it's hardly like everyone else interviewed on the Late Late is as famous as Elvis.

Good pic LukeG, I remember seeing you and your friend ahead of me in the queue :)

Anyway I should probably go to work, rather that sitting here reading the threads on the Pro Wrestling forum all day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Am I imagining things or was sting on the late late show years and years ago? Before his The Crow gimmick......... Theres a very good chance I could be making this up though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Archimedes wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or was sting on the late late show years and years ago? Before his The Crow gimmick......... Theres a very good chance I could be making this up though....

Probably, isnt it a well known fact that Gay Byrne was a huge WCW fan back in the day?

Probably, isnt it a well known fact that Gay Byrne was a huge WCW fan back in the day?

Didnt know about that, but I definitely remember playing with my wrestling figures as a young lad and being frantically called into the living room because Sting was about to come out. Whether it actually turned out to be the wrestler, or the musician instead, is another thing.... :confused:

WCW were over here in March 1993, it's quite possible it could have been then. I don't recall it personally, but i didn't get into WCW until around 99 anyway, and even then i'd only check it when i was bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Luke G wrote: »
    Went in myself yesterday, was number 57, had to say tho bit of a long story was edelighted to meet him and he was a nice guy, but my pic turned out well dodgy while my mates ones all turned out great,

Then we went for a pint into the oval bar next door and got talkin to his chaffeur who heard me saying my photo turned out bad, anyways another nice guy he was, told us to hang on there til he gave us the nodd, anyway 2 hours passe dand he gave us the signal, we went out and met Bret outside Easons who was more than happy to get another photo with us...Only thing was my mate who took the ohoto was devastated as he didn't get to get in it and Bret was then rushed off into his car...

We were told from a very good source that The Late Late show turned him down for an appearance, and instead interviewed 2 RTE news reporters, Riudiculous...

Have to say was a great experience meeting Bret and he was such a nice guy....

The part about his chaffeur getting ye another photo is actually really cool, fair play to him for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

I went to the signing and was number 118. There were two cute kids behind me and I doubt they were even alive when he retired. Then they brought their little toddler cousin with them. It was so cute!

The Macho man and Elizabeth were my heroes when I was a kid but I was still star struck when I met him. I was all shy (not shy normally!). The pic taken by Eason's staff turned out terrible but luckily my friend took a pic on my mobile and that turned out well.

Am ploughing through his book. It's very good, but as someone said earlier it is weird that he seems "oddly proud of cheating on his wife". He keeps trying to justify it as well saying it was better than doing drugs or drinks. Yeah maybe it was better for HIM. Not so much for his wife though. Sounds like they had a very tempestuous relationship.

ETA: I am a girl and I got a heart and four dots on my book.

lynnsback wrote: »

Welcome to stalkersville, and you just opened the floodgates. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Kenny Live i think it was,Marc Mero was on it as well.

Kenny Live i think it was,Marc Mero was on it as well.

Bit i didn't get was, they were over here on the 17th, which was a Wednesday. What the hell did they do in the three days after that? Or did they do a stop off on the way back after the UK shows?

Because Kenny Live (and you're old school if you remember Pat Kenny when he wore glasses before his contact lenses) was aired on a Saturday Night, and i don't believe it was pre-taped.

To me, something's not adding up there. ;)

Bit i didn't get was, they were over here on the 17th, which was a Wednesday. What the hell did they do in the three days after that? Or did they do a stop off on the way back after the UK shows?

Because Kenny Live (and you're old school if you remember Pat Kenny when he wore glasses before his contact lenses) was aired on a Saturday Night, and i don't believe it was pre-taped.

To me, something's not adding up there. ;)

Dude youre crazy.

:p

Gerard.C wrote: »
    The part about his chaffeur getting ye another photo is actually really cool, fair play to him for that

I know , we got him an aul lotto for it, cause he couldnt have a drink, But if he won the fifteen million, i am gonna end it :D:D

Dude youre crazy.

:p

How exactly? Please elaborate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

Welcome to stalkersville, and you just opened the floodgates. ;)

You are too funny :).

You are too funny :).

I'd like to say that I try, but these things just come to me. ;)

After meeting Bret at the signing last Saturday, I kind of wished I had went to the American Wresting Rampage tour. It would have been cool to meet him then and get to have a bit more of a chat with him.

Well who knows, maybe next time they come back he might be with them again. I won't hold my breath though.

• Advertisement

After meeting Bret at the signing last Saturday, I kind of wished I had went to the American Wresting Rampage tour. It would have been cool to meet him then and get to have a bit more of a chat with him.

Well who knows, maybe next time they come back he might be with them again. I won't hold my breath though.

He will be at the 1PW show in Sheffield in July if that's any use to you...

Thanks for letting me know Luke, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I went to the signing and was number 118. There were two cute kids behind me and I doubt they were even alive when he retired. Then they brought their little toddler cousin with them. It was so cute!

The Macho man and Elizabeth were my heroes when I was a kid but I was still star struck when I met him. I was all shy (not shy normally!). The pic taken by Eason's staff turned out terrible but luckily my friend took a pic on my mobile and that turned out well.

Am ploughing through his book. It's very good, but as someone said earlier it is weird that he seems "oddly proud of cheating on his wife". He keeps trying to justify it as well saying it was better than doing drugs or drinks. Yeah maybe it was better for HIM. Not so much for his wife though. Sounds like they had a very tempestuous relationship.

Just to pick up on this. Somebody (think it may have been rovert) before made a very good point about how he was ''damned if he did and damnedif he didnt'' Julie accused him of cheating even when he wasnt and life on the road can be lonely.

dancor wrote: »
    Just to pick up on this. Somebody (think it may have been rovert) before made a very good point about how he was ''damned if he did and damnedif he didnt'' Julie accused him of cheating even when he wasnt and life on the road can be lonely.

I believe that was me who pointed that out. I also said that it explained his actions, but didn't excuse them. That was pretty much his stance on it too.

Basically he's not asking you to agree with his actions, but understand them. For those who haven't ready the book yet or haven't gotten to that point yet, without spoiling, but Julie comes across as an obsessive, headmelter of a partner who Bret had to pander to a lot. Even before they got married and had kids.

Of course, we're only getting one side of the story there, aren't we? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I believe that was me who pointed that out.

Meh, may aswell have been the same user. You's were both trolls :pac:

dancor wrote: »
    Meh, may aswell have been the same user. You's were both trolls :pac:

You do know what the definition of a troll is, don't you?
    I'd stop here now, if i were you. So we can get back on topic. That's some free advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 A Lady

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5761/importedphotos00045.jpg

It was taken on October 31st, 2008 in Cork.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

^
    importedphotos00045.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 A Lady

Thanks, didn't know how to do that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Straight

Advertisement