Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Hart Book Signing in Dublin - THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I left around 1pm myself but a mate of mine called into Easons between 2.30 and 3pm and he said the signing was over but Bret was mingling with the crowd and talking to people. But then the security people basically ushered Bret out.
    I thought about hanging around too but there looked like there was still a load of people left queuing so I decided to head on.

I didn't sleep so well last night so maybe that helped me stay relatively calm. As I was approaching the signing desk I started to fan-boy out a wee bit thinking "S**t, this is Bret Hart!!!!". Then I kind of made myself calm down and said "I'm just meeting a normal person". To be honest I was just trying to make sure I didn't trip over anything and tried to make sure my camera didn't switch off due to inactivity.

A relative was actually going to go meet him in Belfast yesterday and get the book signed for me but in the end I decided to go myself so they didn't have to. I had told them to go ahead on Thursday but then during Thursday night I had a dream that I met Bret Hart at his book signing. :) So I took that as an omen and went along.

Lovely day for it as well. I brought a big coat as I thought I'd maybe end up having to queue out on O'Connell St, but that wasn't necessary.

Although going into town reminded me why I dislike buses so much. Amazingly I was only at at the bus stop a few minutes when one showed up but it's the 46A so it stops at every hole in the hedge on the way into town. Plus when it gets to Donnybrook it shakes the guts out of you the whole way as far as Stephens Green. Either the bus has crap suspension or the streets are full of crater like pot holes. Or both! I was almost feeling sick by the time I got off the bus. Happily though it stopped right outside Easons, so it was perfect that way.

Just need to get stuck into his book now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Hey Black Mamba had you got the pink hair and pink skirt? i was number 123

Nah, I had blue and white striped cardigan on. Kept my head in the book for most of the wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And the annual... "oh we have a female wrestling fan on the board!" fawn-fest begins...
    Just stop already, you've about as much chance of getting their name and number as I have getting a steak and a BJ in Christy Hemme's house.

Probably less...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

my mate went with me to the signing and got bret to sign shawn michaels autobiography! :pac: what a legend (ill post up the pictures later)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    And the annual... "oh we have a female wrestling fan on the board!" fawn-fest begins...
    Just stop already, you've about as much chance of getting their name and number as I have getting a steak and a BJ in Christy Hemme's house.

Probably less...

Doesnt do much for the image of wrestling fans as sad people with no girlfriends now does it:D

• Advertisement

my mate went with me to the signing and got bret to sign shawn michaels autobiography! :pac: what a legend (ill post up the pictures later)

Bwahaha Awesome! I wanted to do that at last Octobers signing, but out of respect for the guy, I settled for two of his books instead.

(hey mitchmeister, you reading this? :P )

krudler wrote: »
    Doesnt do much for the image of wrestling fans as sad people with no girlfriends now does it:D

Aw it does annoy me, and not just here, any wrestling forum. The second someone mentions they happen to be female, the lads on a forum all look for ways to get the attention. It's like watching American Pie all over again.

I'd no idea how wrestling fans actually got that stereotype... until i came here, seriously! Probably because most guys i know who are into wrestling either 1) are in long term relationships or 2) get laid (or at least claim to) on a regular basis.

Rant over.

Bwahaha Awesome! I wanted to do that at last Octobers signing, but out of respect for the guy, I settled for two of his books instead.

yeah hes got some balls to do it i have to say

DSC00806.jpgDSC00807.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

DSC00806.jpgDSC00807.jpg

Brilliant!! :D

DSC00806.jpgDSC00807.jpg

Sooo so bitter though. :)

• Advertisement

Sooo so bitter though. :)

ah still funny though! :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Nice bloke, seemed genuinely delighted when I told him I enjoyed the book. Funny to see the mix of people in the crowd of all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Probably less...

Well it says less for your modding abilities allowing a girl onto the board. You're clearly not doing your job right! :pac: ;)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Well it says less for your modding abilities allowing a girl onto the board. You're clearly not doing your job right! :pac: ;)

Dont make me ban you for backseat modding! ;)

Sorry Sir *goes back into place*.

I was just making fun of the boys over reacting to girls too :(

Oh since this isn't a second off topic post - my friend went to the signing yesterday by herself. On signing the book Bret asked if it was for her, she said yes and he replied with "Girls get a hart ;)".

She called me immediately after all flustered. As a 21 year old heterosexual male is it wrong that I got a bit jealous?

Brimmy wrote: »
    Sorry Sir *goes back into place*.

I was just making fun of the boys over reacting to girls too :(

Oh since this isn't a second off topic post - my friend went to the signing yesterday by herself. On signing the book Bret asked if it was for her, she said yes and he replied with "Girls get a hart ;)".

She called me immediately after all flustered. As a 21 year old heterosexual male is it wrong that I got a bit jealous?

Nah.
    He signs it two different ways. Girls get a heart (the second book i got signed was for a girl), and guys get four dots (representing his kids).

Nah.
    He signs it two different ways. Girls get a heart (the second book i got signed was for a girl), and guys get four dots (representing his kids).

Well that's going to ruin her day now :pac:

Nah it won't, his professionism during signings make it a memory for anyone to remember. Any respect I didn't have for the guy before the October signing, was kicked into me that day just by him being him. And that was before i had finished reading the book.

I did however make more of an effort to read the book once i got back from the UK the following weekend (signing was on a Wednesday if i recall correctly).

Just little things that make such a big difference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Nah.

I got a heart and four dots!:D

BlackMamba wrote: »
    I got a heart and four dots!:D

Maybe i got it wrong, maybe girls get the Heart and the four dots and the guys get the four dots. I could drag the book out and check it, but i just started on another college assignment, so I couldn't be bothered. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I got a heart and four dots on my signature.
    (i didnt go to the signing, this was from the AWR show).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I got a heart and four dots on my signature.
    (i didnt go to the signing, this was from the AWR show).

:eek:Jesus, you must be a good looking guy so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just got the four dots myself yesterday :)

fatal wrote: »
    :eek:Jesus, you must be a good looking guy so...

Or his name is Christina on a weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Or his name is Christina on a weekend!

That could be possible.

But the AWR show was on a thursday :p

That could be possible.

But the AWR show was on a thursday :p

Broke out the drag for that special occasion then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Went in myself yesterday, was number 57, had to say tho bit of a long story was edelighted to meet him and he was a nice guy, but my pic turned out well dodgy while my mates ones all turned out great,

Then we went for a pint into the oval bar next door and got talkin to his chaffeur who heard me saying my photo turned out bad, anyways another nice guy he was, told us to hang on there til he gave us the nodd, anyway 2 hours passe dand he gave us the signal, we went out and met Bret outside Easons who was more than happy to get another photo with us...Only thing was my mate who took the ohoto was devastated as he didn't get to get in it and Bret was then rushed off into his car...

We were told from a very good source that The Late Late show turned him down for an appearance, and instead interviewed 2 RTE news reporters, Riudiculous...

Have to say was a great experience meeting Bret and he was such a nice guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Luke G wrote: »

We were told from a very good source that The Late Late show turned him down for an appearance, and instead interviewed 2 RTE news reporters, Riudiculous...

Have to say was a great experience meeting Bret and he was such a nice guy....

Hope that's not true :(

If that was remotely true, the main problem there would be the fact that the core audience of the Late Late show wouldn't know who Bret Hart is! Hell, you'll be lucky of most of WWE's current fanbase of chain gang kiddiez know who he is, save for his hall of fame appearance in 2006.

It's sad to say it, but the business passed the guy by nearly ten years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If that was remotely true, the main problem there would be the fact that the core audience of the Late Late show wouldn't know who Bret Hart is! Hell, you'll be lucky of most of WWE's current fanbase of chain gang kiddiez know who he is, save for his hall of fame appearance in 2006.

It's sad to say it, but the business passed the guy by nearly ten years ago.
    Exactly. Plus he'd have been eating into Christy's airtime and we can't have that.;)

Advertisement