Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Hart Book Signing in Dublin - THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I will do, dont know much about them.

Haha i meant Brets kid, i recon shane could handle it!!

Do you tink it paints him as a victim? i thought it came across quite clearly that he was flawed. Not from Bret.. but in general. The Director didnt have to show the flaws had he wanted to really be one sided.

I mean, the access that was granted, would obviously require a certain degree of bias towards the harts, but, i still tink the director left enough in to allow the viewers to make their own minds up. As we both did.

I don't think Bret decked him in front of his own kids, they were outside with Julie.

Given how film production generally works, i'm sure there's a LOT more footage that they intentionally would have edited out, that they could have left in if they really wanted to make it even sided. I love the bit where he insists that Sunny is "just a friend", If i was trying to defend myself from accusations, i wouldn't quite word it like that. That came across as iffy to me, but Bret has said nothing happens in his book, and Sytch has said in her shoot that nothing happened (although she spilled the beans with Shawn), and that's enough for me.

I still think you should find copies of Heroes Of World Class and Beyond The Mat. Both of which put shadows to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

il definitely look into them.

do ya reckon Shawn knew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

do ya reckon Shawn knew?

Knew what? What was happening at Montreal?
    Yes- he's already admitted to it.

For the record, I loved Wrestling with Shadows- but as discussed, it was far from an unbiased view. Great in terms of seeing things from Bret's perspective, and very well made. But not the overall look at a subject that Heroes of World Class was, as SR talked about.

do ya reckon Shawn knew?

No reckoning about it, both Shawn and HHH have publically admitted to it a few times since 2002.

My fave question HHH answered a few years ago:

Question: What if the Montreal Screwjob had been reversed?
    HHH: That would never have happened, we're not that stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

he has? im not gonna claim to know too much about this.. I really know what i know from hearsay and that documentary!!

• Advertisement

he has? im not gonna claim to know too much about this.. I really know what i know from hearsay and that documentary!!

Shawn admitted to it for the first time on a special of Confidential in the summer of 2002. Once that happened, the floodgates opened and everyone from Vince down to Steve Lombardi claimed to have known from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's in Shawns book that both himself and Hunter knew. They needed to think of a way to do the swerve and then Bret came up with the spot of Shawn using the sharpshooter.

I think the only person they didn't tell was Patterson. Earl Hebner only found out a few minutes beforehand too I think. (Not read Shawns book in a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Just a heads up that Bret Hart is doing a signing two weeks from now in Easons on O'Connell street (Dublin).

Can't remember the time but it was a Saturday so should be the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I missed the last one when he was here so I'll definitely try and make it. Do Easons allow you to get a picture taken at these signings or do they just hurry you along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Met bret at the last one in the wrestling shop was realy nice

i asked him what ring attire was his favorite and he told me the one from wrestlemania 12 was the best one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I missed the last one when he was here so I'll definitely try and make it. Do Easons allow you to get a picture taken at these signings or do they just hurry you along?

I remember at foleys one it was a case of where you were in the queue.

I was 2nd from the top with KKV at the front and we got about a 4/5 minute chat before security wanted to speed it up for the middle portion of the queue and then slow it down again when the line was nearing the end.

But i cant see as many turning up for bret that turned up that day.

The Easons security are dead cool, not at all like other security, the likes of the old point comes to mind(they were pricks!)..

A while ago my mate was in at an Eddie Jordan signing and i wandered in (not a huge F1 fan but whatever) and there was something like a whole of 22 people for an hour and a half signing so he just hung out chatting to everyone all as a group.

Would be cool if that sorta thing happened for Bret.

The Easons security are dead cool, not at all like other security, the likes of the old point comes to mind(they were pricks!)..

Are you sh*tting me? They made a shambles of the Rey Mysterio signing for the Are We There Yet signing in 2005!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Are you sh*tting me? They made a shambles of the Rey Mysterio signing for the Are We There Yet signing in 2005!

Pretty sure that was the majority WWE security who was doing it for that one.

Pretty sure that was the majority WWE security who was doing it for that one.

They weren't around to my knowledge. It was the Easons staff that f*cked that one up for sure.

They weren't around to my knowledge. It was the Easons staff that f*cked that one up for sure.

From talking to your one who sets up all the signings and stuff she was telling me that all the WWE wrestlers demand that they have their own security with them and any others be more just for "backup".

And that Rey was one of the most un-friendly, un-inviting persons they have ever had there.
    Was a case of: Hand book to guy beside desk, he slides it onto table, rey signs, Hands to another guy the other side and he gives it back to the owner?

From talking to your one who sets up all the signings and stuff she was telling me that all the WWE wrestlers demand that they have their own security with them and any others be more just for "backup".[/quote[

Gotta take your word on that one, but i'm not so sure it's the same case in HMV.
    And that Rey was one of the most un-friendly, un-inviting persons they have ever had there.
    Was a case of: Hand book to guy beside desk, he slides it onto table, rey signs, Hands to another guy the other side and he gives it back to the owner?

Yeah pretty much. Surprised he ain't slinging crack on the streets of San Diego at this stage, but unfortunately for every muppet that buys a mask at a show, keeps him in a job.

Hey, i don't like it either! But don't blame me, i didn't invest in one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

The mysterio signing in easons was indeed shambles.However, they really did a great job for the mick foley signing,which was probably the best signing that I have been to in terms of organisation and fans being able to interact etc.

By the way, it says nothing on the easons website about the Dublin signing,infact it doesn't even mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

just says this for the 17th on the Easons site

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart signing copies of Hitman (Bret Hart)
    Donegall Place, Belfast
    Friday, 17 April 2009
    12:00 PM

Nothing about Dublin OP where did you get this information

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

shinzon wrote: »

Bret's website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

oi don't tar us all with the same brush! workin in the point was a hard fcukin job and i dont wanna hear people badmouthin segi (sword event guard)

i will definatley be goin to the next signing, i just hope they understand that some/most people will already have the book signed so wont necessarily have it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭shinzon

Fozzy wrote: »
    Bret's website

think you misunderstood fozzy was asing where did the op get the info hed be signing in Easons on the 18th as they only had the belfast date on the site

Still says details coming soon on brets site about dublin date

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

shinzon wrote: »

Shin

In the window of Easons.

They have a little display up with one page with the details. I should be passing by it again on Monday, if no one else has checked/found out by then I'll post back up the details.

i will definatley be goin to the next signing, i just hope they understand that some/most people will already have the book signed so wont necessarily have it again!

Just as long as said people will have to understand that it's at Easons discretion to allow what can and can't be signed. And if you don't have the book, they may not sign it. Unless you bring something along with the book obviously. :)

That said, a signed copy of a book always makes a good pressie. ;)
    (and no, that wasn't a hint, i got my one signed last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I bought the book in Easons last week, there was a few euro off the price. Haven't got round to starting it yet, I think I'm more in the mood for reading Jericho's first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Fozzy wrote: »
    I bought the book in Easons last week, there was a few euro off the price. Haven't got round to starting it yet, I think I'm more in the mood for reading Jericho's first

They are both great.

Would anyone actually go to meet Bret a second time? I mean I got my book and DVD signed, shook his hand and had a chat, My inner child was delighted. A second time I would feel like a stalker or something and wouldnt know what to say.

dancor wrote: »
    They are both great.

Would anyone actually go to meet Bret a second time? I mean I got my book and DVD signed, shook his hand and had a chat, My inner child was delighted. A second time I would feel like a stalker or something and wouldnt know what to say.

He's used to it, he had to put up with the guys who went to see him at the WM booksigning and then again a few hours later at the AWR show.

I do agree though, too many times is overkill.
    And yes, twice is too many times.

If i was going to see him i'd rather get something else signed. Action figure, belt, glasses, whatever. Books being signed doesn't make the most sense to me. If i get a signature of someone on a piece of merchandise based on them, i'd like to be able to display it. Books are tough to display.

That said, I have a signed promo shot of him, so im happy with that. Must pick up a frame for that sometime.

KKV, on Brets site they make a point to tell the difference between a "Book signing session" and an "Autograph Session".

Basically a book signing is that and that only, the latter is a more of what was doing pre all the AWR shows.

And guess what one he has up for the easons signing?....

Brrrrrrr......

A Book Signing!! :(
    *da da!*

And guess what one he has up for the easons signing?....

Brrrrrrr......

A Book Signing!! :(
    *da da!*

And guess what Easons is?..

Brrrrrr....

A BOOK SHOP!!!!!
    TAH DAAAAAH!!!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And guess what Easons is?..

Brrrrrr....

A BOOK SHOP!!!!!
    TAH DAAAAAH!!!

Really?
    So thats why Foley signed my ECW jersey, My attitude era belt AND my book?
    Dam, he must have not noticed himself :P

Advertisement