Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Hart Book Signing in Dublin - THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

:rolleyes:

Really?
    So thats why Foley signed my ECW jersey, My attitude era belt AND my book?
    Dam, he must have not noticed himself :P

You must be so proud of yourself :P
    Bet his agent wasn't a Nazi tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Tempted to travel up for this, but if he is only signing the book then it might be a waste of a trip since someone (;)) already got the book signed for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You must be so proud of yourself :P
    Bet his agent wasn't a Nazi tho ;)

F*ckin am proud. :)
    Im much happier after gone then if i hadn't have.
    Tempted to travel up for this, but if he is only signing the book then it might be a waste of a trip since someone (;)) already got the book signed for me :)

The signing seems like a perfect chance for any of those people who were completely glazed over when they seen bret at the table in front of me.

Met a mate's brother who i never knew even was that bothered with wrestling at the dundalk AWR and he went on to tell me how much he loved Bret and how nervous he was to see his childhood hero and that.
    So to help his nerves he had for shots and joined the queue.

Found him afterwards and he told me that he walked over to the table, pointed at his camera to which bret replied "A photo? Sure". And after the picture was taken Bret pointed to Craigs shirt as he was standing up and Bret said "Cool, Ghostbusters! That's nice."
    (Craig had a tee on with a slimer print).
    And Craig brilliantly mumbled "Yeah? Awesome." And simply just walked away.

He regrets how he couldnt muster up anything to say to him that night so im sure he will be at this to make up for it.

Just wanna clarify one thing here guys, anyone who missed him at the first signing last year, don't be afraid to approach the guy. He's really approachable and easy to talk to. So when yer queueing, don't sh*t a brick. Just be yourselves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

In fairness I did the same to Foley where I just stared at him and pointed.

I think I even squeeked when I tried to talk.

This was in contrast to the Hoff signing (who I love just as much) where he dragged me over for a photo, put his arm around me and kept joking with me about how I was sick in the head for wearing a tshirt of him in Speedo's from the 80's.

That was awesome :)

• Advertisement

Brimmy wrote: »
    This was in contrast to the Hoff signing (who I love just as much) where he dragged me over for a photo, put his arm around me and kept joking with me about how I was sick in the head for wearing a tshirt of him in Speedo's from the 80's.

I should ban you for admitting that you wore a shirt of him in speedos.
    Please tell me you're a girl! Otherwise i'll be sending you Pat Patterson's email address! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I feel 9 again.... asked my cousin to get me an autograph the last time he was over but in my cousin's own words "I dropped the Cosby kids when i seen him" and so i never got it cos my cousin was too scared to approach him :( Hopefully this time i will actually get it cos this guy is my hero!

Its great to hear that he is actually really approachable cos it would put a downer on it if he was stuck up his own arse,that saying,never meet your idols cos you will only be disappointed.

By the way,has anyone read the book???

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Foley I found really approachable, I met him again in Universal Studios last year with Dewey and Nicole and a simple "Hey Mick" got a big smile and a high five from him, compared to Michael Cole who wouldnt even pose for a pic even though we were the only people in the bar to recognise him, even Kerwin Selfies (grey haired guy with a beard who does a lot of interviews for the dvds, is one of the heads of production) was a pleasure to talk to, was amazed someone would travel from Ireland to Florida for a wrestling event and was really chatty, I was gutted though cos he wanted to interview us but the girl who was carrying the camera doing fan interviews had gone to bed for the night, i could have been on the dvd :( ah well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I feel 9 again.... asked my cousin to get me an autograph the last time he was over but in my cousin's own words "I dropped the Cosby kids when i seen him" and so i never got it cos my cousin was too scared to approach him :( Hopefully this time i will actually get it cos this guy is my hero!

Its great to hear that he is actually really approachable cos it would put a downer on it if he was stuck up his own arse,that saying,never meet your idols cos you will only be disappointed.

Alot of people here have read the book, and many of them rate it very highly,as it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I have been waiting for this for months,wonder would he sign the classics Montreal box set I have.

• Advertisement

that saying,never meet your idols cos you will only be disappointed.

Utter bullsh*t, i've met many musicians who have inspired me to write/play bass over the course of the last ten years, every single one of them have been professional and courteous. That said, you can usually tell if someone wants to be approached or not. It's not rocket science. :)

Yep, long, detailed and worth every minute you've spent reading it. Do a search for the books thread here, you'll get more info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wonder would it be worth taking a title belt? Id buy the old WWF belt if he'd sign it, i have the attitude one but he never held that, although I have been itching to get an IC one so this might be the excuse I need...

It won't hurt to drop a message via the brethart.com site with these questions. It would kinda suck if it was a book only policy and people went out and bought replicas only for them to be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Cool,thanks for the thumbs up on the book and letting me know that its a good read. Will defo pick up a copy,gotta find something else to get signed now.... Think i have the hitman glasses somewhere.

I have met some of my idols aswell but this guy is my first "hero" and its cool that he is nice to his fans. This news has made my week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'll be in town so may as well head along to this. Got a feeling that will be a sweeet day :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

krudler wrote: »
    Wonder would it be worth taking a title belt? Id buy the old WWF belt if he'd sign it, i have the attitude one but he never held that, although I have been itching to get an IC one so this might be the excuse I need...

well kane n nite bought a replica belt for the last bret signing in wrestling mania and he signed it no bother, shouldnt be too much of a problem i'd say!
    It would kinda suck if it was a book only policy and people went out and bought replicas only for them to be turned away.

i would hate that, i want to go to this signing but i already have the book signed, should that exclude me?!

well kane n nite bought a replica belt for the last bret signing in wrestling mania and he signed it no bother, shouldnt be too much of a problem i'd say!

That wasn't strictly a book signing. In fact I don't think Bret even had that date/venue mentioned on his site except for the AWR gig. That was Wrestling Mania and AWR pulling some strings before the listed signing on his site (to their credit)
    i would hate that, i want to go to this signing but i already have the book signed, should that exclude me?!

Again, I'm not really the person to ask there, I don't know (or want to know) anyone at Easons. :)

I'm sure it would depend heavily on how many people are there to see him and how lng he is signing for (and his mood of course).

I imagine you'd need to buy the book in Easons in order to qualify to meet him, though?

That wasn't strictly a book signing. In fact I don't think Bret even had that date/venue mentioned on his site except for the AWR gig. That was Wrestling Mania and AWR pulling some strings before the listed signing on his site (to their credit)

really? well fair play to them for that! but i did remember them saying that it was books only allowed to be signed (well to get into the signing originally you were supposed to have the book stamped and you could bring other things but the book was mandatory)

having said that, that wasnt the way it turned out through no ones fault the numbers just determined thats what would happen!

I imagine you'd need to buy the book in Easons in order to qualify to meet him, though?

I'm trying to remember if i got the Are We There Yet? book there on the day or not... I think i did though, it was the only Easons signing i ever attended to, and the only one I will.

• Advertisement

really? well fair play to them for that! but i did remember them saying that it was books only allowed to be signed (well to get into the signing originally you were supposed to have the book stamped and you could bring other things but the book was mandatory)

Yeah they allowed a little leeway, because they're like that. :)
    having said that, that wasnt the way it turned out through no ones fault the numbers just determined thats what would happen!

Well some people just took the piss. I remember one guy brought about 10 postcards! The agent stepped in and said only 2 postcards and the book!

Yeah they allowed a little leeway, because they're like that. :)

yeah they seemed really cool alright!
    Well some people just took the piss. I remember one guy brought about 10 postcards! The agent stepped in and said only 2 postcards and the book!

:pac: that is all kinds of rediculous, i mean bret was only supposed to be there for an hour, if everyone did that he never would have made the AWR show! :p

:pac: that is all kinds of rediculous, i mean bret was only supposed to be there for an hour, if everyone did that he never would have made the AWR show! :p

Well thats just it, on top of that, they were stuck in traffic on the way in too, as a result the poor guy didn't even get a chance to have a coffee before he started or after he left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Just enquiring, how much is Bret's book? Funds are kinda low but since everyone is giving it great reviews might get a copy. :)

It's coming out on paperback soon enough (if it aint out already), so it shouldn't be too expensive. Hardbacks usually are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pabsi1983

BlackMamba wrote: »
    Just enquiring, how much is Bret's book? Funds are kinda low but since everyone is giving it great reviews might get a copy. :)

I saw it for 12-13 Euro in Easons O'Connell Street this past Friday (3rd Apr)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

pabsi1983 wrote: »
    I saw it for 12-13 Euro in Easons O'Connell Street this past Friday (3rd Apr)

I got it for 13 there a week before that, it was reduced a few euro too. The paperback one

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Got mine on play.com for 15e I think. Hardback edition.

Says on brets website to keep your receipt if possible. Think mine is in the bin! Will it make much of a difference?
    http://www.brethart.com/updates/brets-book-will-debut-5-uk-bestseller-list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pabsi1983

Got mine on play.com for 15e I think. Hardback edition.

Says on brets website to keep your receipt if possible. Think mine is in the bin! Will it make much of a difference?
    http://www.brethart.com/updates/brets-book-will-debut-5-uk-bestseller-list

Play.com are pretty good for most books compared to shops. I got Jericho's book for a similar price when it 1st came out and found it twice as dear when I went into the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/8518443/The-Hitman/Product.html

11.49E Hardback. Hard to beat that price.

Advertisement