Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Hart Book Signing in Dublin - THE OFFICIAL THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

SR, the Montreal thing would have been avoided if Shawn hadn't been a dick and told Bret he wasn't prepared to put him over. If I was in Bret's shoes I wouldn't put over someone that ungrateful and disrespectful either.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not absolving Shawn's part in it either. And Shawn has admitted he was a dick in the past. But two wrongs don't make a right either, and they may have made Bret feel better at the time, but obviously he doesn't feel that much better about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Of course, we're talking about a guy who now lives alone with his dog for company,

and you know this how? you know bret personally?
    Having read both books I'd say Bret was a lot more honest about his faults than Shawn was.

I didn't feel Bret was that bitter against Shawn in the book. It seems there was a definite breakdown in communication between the two and you do get he sense, and I think Bret makes the point as well, that Vince was quite happy to let there be tension within his roster rather than call the two of them together and sort out their issues.

What I found strange was that Bret makes a lot of comments about certain wrestlers being assholes like Hall not giving a kid an autograph, Warrior leaving a terminally ill kid and his parents waiting etc., yet he had no real qualms in hanging out with Dynamite who he acknowledges was a real dick most of the time he knew him. (Eg. spitting in a homeless guy's face? WTF?)

SR, the Montreal thing would have been avoided if Shawn hadn't been a dick and told Bret he wasn't prepared to put him over. If I was in Bret's shoes I wouldn't put over someone that ungrateful and disrespectful either.

agree 100 per cent, except the dynamite thing, bret never refused an autograph, unlike shawn michaels last year in indianapolis after summerslam, who picked and choosed who he signed and took pics with, taking some and refusing others, disgraceful.

btw shawn raven, judging by your avatar and your 'location' you seem to be a bret hater, i find it quite disrespectful. A moderator should have more sense and a bit more maturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

btw shawn raven, judging by your avatar and your 'location' you seem to be a bret hater, i find it quite disrespectful. A moderator should have more sense and a bit more maturity.

So because he's a moderator he doesn't have the right to an opinion?

So because he's a moderator he doesn't have the right to an opinion?

that's not an opinion, thats making a bad joke from the incident.

So because he's a moderator means he can't make bad jokes? He's no different than the rest of us as a poster. I know that Hart is always a controversial issue (and regularly emotional) but there will always be a difference of opinion and it's something you just have to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Where is Bret Hart signing this book of his?

So because he's a moderator means he can't make bad jokes? He's no different than the rest of us as a poster. I know that Hart is always a controversial issue (and regularly emotional) but there will always be a difference of opinion and it's something you just have to deal with.

oh i wont be losing any sleep over it. i just think there should be a difference between a mod and a regular poster, and a certain responsibility comes with being a mod, thats the difference between the two, if he wasnt then he can say whatever he wants.
    judging by reading his posts, he seems to be blasting hart in nearly every post, just not mod behaviour imo.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Where is Bret Hart signing this book of his?

easons o connell st, sat, 12 noon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

easons o connell st, sat, 12 noon.

I'd nearly go down, get a book and get it signed. He was my hero growing up, nice guy apparently.

oh i wont be losing any sleep over it. i just think there should be a difference between a mod and a regular poster, and a certain responsibility comes with being a mod, thats the difference between the two, if he wasnt then he can say whatever he wants.
    judging by reading his posts, he seems to be blasting hart in nearly every post, just not mod behaviour imo.

He has every right to "blast" Hart as you do defend Hart. I'm going to leave it at that as it's taking it off topic so PM me if you would like to continue.

Are many people going out to the Hart signing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'll head along but if they're only signing books bought that day in store I'll be leaving again.

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    I'll head along but if they're only signing books bought that day in store I'll be leaving again.

But I went to the Foley signing in 2006 which also apparently required purchase of the book in the store and just asked for a ticket and got it (without buying the book). Just say you bought the book there before and lost the receipt, they'll probably give you a ticket but of course maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

That's what I plan to do, nothing ventured nothing gained. Be cool to get it signed and meet him anyway but not enough to buy it again :pac:

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    That's what I plan to do, nothing ventured nothing gained. Be cool to get it signed and meet him anyway but not enough to buy it again :pac:

If you get turned down you should join the queue anyway and when they ask you for your ticket pretend you lost it and pretend to be really upset. If your inventive enough you should get to meet him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So do you buy the book first then go join the queue? I bought the book a few weeks ago but I'm not sure if I have the receipt still.

It doesn't bother me buying another copy though, especially if I can get it signed. Must remember to bring my camera along too.

and you know this how? you know bret personally?

Says it on the inside cover of the hardback version of his book.
    Erm... you DID read the book, didn't you?

Oh that's funny. So unless I don't like the same guys that you do, that makes me an immature moderator?

For your information, my avatar, location and taglines are

1) none of your business, and
    2) a joke

Seriously, you don't know the guy personally. It's not like there's anything offensive about my avatar, or tagline. And for the record, i'm not a Bret Hater, i just wish he'd get over it. Everyone else involved did.

Hang on, what's exactly so bad about it?
    There's nothing offensive, my location says that i'm witnessing the screwjob.
    My tagline says nothing personal, just business (which it was, Vince asked Shawn to get the belt from him, he did!)

Like Machismo fan, if you have a problem with this, address it to me via PM, don't air your dirty laundry in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So this is this saturday?
    As in tomorrow?

Dammit, im working.

Just out of interest, what made this thread the official thread? :pac:

The fact that there were 3 threads about this damn signing in two weeks, with a forth one started before it was locked. :) The other three were merged to make this the offical one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The fact that there were 3 threads about this damn signing in two weeks, with a forth one started before it was locked. :) The other three were merged to make this the offical one ;)

Ah.
    That makes sense. I thought it was a case of Brets management was putting all the info through here or something.

• Advertisement

Nah, only management goin' on here be thread management and general housekeeping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I met Bret at the Tallaght show last year. It was great to meet him in person. He was really personable to me and everyone else it seemed so anyone that is a fan of his I'd recommend going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Nah, only management goin' on here be thread management and general housekeeping. :)

TUT! Wouldnt have even noticed if I didnt PM ya :rolleyes:

dancor wrote: »
    TUT! Wouldnt have even noticed if I didnt PM ya :rolleyes:

Always one, isn't there?! :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Always one, isn't there?! :rolleyes: :P

Nothin' personal, just business ;)

But my biznitch ain't none of your biznitch... foo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Any idea what time to be at easons tomorrow to get a decent position in line?
    Do I have to buy book first then q up or can I buy it after he's signed it?
    What time does it say the signing will begin at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

currythis wrote: »
    Any idea what time to be at easons tomorrow to get a decent position in line?
    Do I have to buy book first then q up or can I buy it after he's signed it?
    What time does it say the signing will begin at?

I'm wondering the same things. The only thing I know is that it's due to start at 12 noon. www.eason.ie/events

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm wondering the same things. The only thing I know is that it's due to start at 12 noon. www.eason.ie/events

I wouldn't start queueing too early. I queued about 2 hours for Mick Foley the last time in Easons and really there was no need because by the time I got to meet him there would have easily been enough time to join the queue and meet him then too.

I would say queue an hour beforehand if you wanted to be 100% certain but otherwise just show up a little earlier than 12 and you'd be fine too I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I dont think there will be half as many at this signing compared to the foley or mysterio signings,so it's probably unnecessary to start q'ing very early

Advertisement