Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,213 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its remarkable how you have transitioned from "What will I do with this €1200" to "Its a front line essential service, I'm a hero" when called on it. Like I say, just who do you think you are fooling.

I bet some of the people dumped onto the PUP because of your hospital outbreaks wouldn't mind €1200 for a nixer. Or even a chance to do their own jobs, but they have to sit at home while the littlest hobo travels from place to place every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

Essential front line service

Christ the arrogance is unreal, i truly despise all public sector workers, you are so full of your own importance

away with you

I never said I was a hero. A pharmacist is a job like any other. I'm unsure why you appear so bitter that I work as a pharmacist. If you want to be one, you can do it via mature entry. Also, I have no control over government policy so unsure how I specifically caused people to go onto PUP. Yet again, your mental arithmetic is astounding.

I'm sorry that you would have such anger for a vast swathe of people in Ireland. So you despise all health care professionals/catering staff/secretaries/social workers. Hate to have a mindset like that.

No thanks, I am also a front line worker in an essential service and will continue where I am.

The main difference between you and I is that I don't rock up to different jobs every weekend and then go to a hospital on a monday morning, before then blaming the unvaccinated for covid outbreaks.

• Advertisement

I'm happy for you to "sneer" at me if it makes you feel better. As a front line worker, did you take your booster?

I haven't been offered one.

Of course now you will play your game of pretending that only saintly pharmacists and nurses are front line workers, nobody else. Your arrogance will demand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What's with the attacks on a pharmacist lads?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭Tork

We don't know yet what Omicron is. It'd be fantastic if it turned out to be nothing more than a dose of the sniffles but it is far too soon to be making declarations.

I've gone looking for evidence that Luke O'Neill has said it is nothing more than a common cold virus. I have seen nothing of the sort from either his Twitter account or his article in today's Sindo. What I take from what he's tweeting and writing is far more nuanced than what you've declared here. In his article and on his Twitter a/c, he has it's too soon and we need more data. So where exactly did he declare that it was a common cold virus? I'm not seeing it.

Or is it fairer to say that you just wanted to rant?

Awwh sorry to hear that. All people on the Frontline deserve respect and access to the booster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

We Already have info that it's not as dangerous as expected yet they are still waiting.

For what exactly?

So what, no one needs any test and just land in the country and quarantine. Three days later go and get a free PCR test and voila you're out? If you pass... How they intend to police that I don't know.

The government to me is like watching petrol prices.

Oil price goes and and within seconds you see it on the fuel court.

Price of oil goes down and you'll wait months for it to drop at the fuel court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

We’re just back from London for ours, it was brilliant. I know it’s not an option for everyone, but flights are cheap at the moment, reasonable hotels too.

although I did get a bit of abuse, putting on my mask to go to the toilet, a few English lads pointed out that it was a bit “Irish” to be drinking in a big group then put a mask on to go for a piss as if it was gonna make a damn bit of difference…

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Looks like just self isolation does it also say you can travel without proof of vaccination you just need to take a test after arrival

As i understand it though, if you're flying into Ireland then the airline can refuse boarding at the departure airport without the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Indeed. More business' going to the wall to keep the fear/restrictions going.

Before all this shyte began and a sniffle didn't require a PCR test, human corona virus's accounted for 20% of the relatively harmless bunch of retro-virus' we lumped into the "common cold".

So now a common cold type virus can be used to maintain and increase restrictions. Like in the last few days the UK has used this Omicron to rush forward the agreement to purchase 114 Million additional "vaccine" doses. which now leaves them with secure access to 453.5 Million vaccine doses over the next two years or so.

Then the EU has an agreed purchass of 2100 Million vaccine doses for 2022/2023 (with a clause that does not allow a change of mind, all have to be paid for).

As Bill Clinton said "Follow the trend lines, not the headlines."

So, without more restrictions, How are we going to be convinced to accept these ongoing jabs our governments have already committed to pay for?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭brickster69

You would of thought they have to by rights otherwise it is totally pointless.

All roads lead to Rome.

If the government though says you don't actually need the test then I can't see why an airline would refuse.

Ara fcuk knows

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

The problem is the carriers won’t allow you to board if you don’t have the test because they got fines from the government last time for not following procedure to a tee.

I still don’t understand why the NHS pcr is not acceptable. Money racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

No Tork I wouldn’t say it is fairer to say it’s a rant, and as someone who’s admitted to not knowing what Omicron is I don’t see why you have to respond in an obnoxious way!

Your post is nothing but a diggy rant at me and brings no information from yourself at all!

His article says that he’s positive with the findings that this variant has signs of the common cold, which is not the first report of exactly this, in fact a lot countries that are sequencing are saying the same!

By all means be all pessimistic about it all, some of us are trying to stay positive after nearly 2 years of doing what we’re told and having the rug pulled out at the slightest uninformed report of ‘concern’.

But thanks for your reply, really insightful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Anecdotal I know but the aul dear came home for a visit this evening for a few days (lives in the UK) and told me passport control didn’t ask her for anything regarding a test, just a passport! Also commented that all the booths were open, which is a rarity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

They are only spot checking. Staff at stansted a very strict on checking paperwork pre boarding this evening…

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

I’m going to pay the €70 for the test anyway to save any potential hassle. I’d booked this ages ago but if I had known that this shite was coming back in I would have just came in through the North. Save yourself loads of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

we will having drinks and food in the office, back to employers home which has a shebeen and then later for a lock in a pub owned by employer

I plan on being very very drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

This is it here. This is it right here.

I posted about my friend losing her hard fought and worked for little business on the other thread. And this is exactly what I was speaking of. This post is, not only gloating, but practically joyous, about still reaming in the readies from the trough that is our disgusting HSE.

To be perfectly frank, I'm hoping the Dazzlers account is a fake as(never bothered replying to it before as the posts absolutely turn my stomach, cards on the table), well, quite frankly, if it isnt.....its not just the wake up call that anyone not nuzzling at the teat of the public sector who are still, not only making rent but creaming it for lovely hols and christmas pressies needs, its the wake up call that we MUST have to end this madness. Bragging about the amount of money for a few hours work (which is quite frankly to most working people an astronomical sum for that amount of hours) and all the while pontificating for umpteen threads how the filthy unvaxxed are the cause of our woes.

Sneering has become trademark of of our "Betters" in the HSE.. "Save our Health System"

Yeah...all the plebs working their holes off day in day out....Sacrifice your homes, your wages, your sanity, your sleepless nights wondering how in the actual fuk you are going to pay the mortgage and the bills, put food on the table, put kids in school, sort santa, keep the electricity on....Sacrifice all on the alter so we can keep these guys in Their well paid jobs so they can head off to Cancun while their new extension is being done, because like NOBODY wants to be around when messy works being done.

So many are doing SO WELL from this royal sh1t show that for the majority of people is a winter dose, that if we dont stand up to this...we can go back to the 40's and 50's Ireland and instead of the Church we are now ruled by the well paid HSE iron fist.

Vested interests????

If you ever needed any more proof that the medical INDUSTRY are reaping the rewards, look no further

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

A friend of mine is a pharmacist. I don't think she makes €1200 a day when she locums......

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

The thinking is that public money should not bee used to facilitate private travelling, if you want to travel, pay for your own PCR test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

What stood out to me from that article was this

‘through what he called a voluntary approach to vaccination.’

Those talks that Von der Leyden mentioned have already happened, you’d be very naive to believe otherwise. Mandatory boosters on the horizon?

Advertisement