Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭ AlekSmart

Maybe we could get him to do a speech in Dublin.?

RDS in the RDS !!! 😎

Bound to have a familial connection in the North Inner City surely ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ Drunken Oaf

So you believe that this thing just happened to originate in the fish market. Just by chance.

You believe that the lockdowns, the societal reset, the hyperinflation, none of this could have been predicted or avoided and it certainly wasn't deliberate.

Jesus. Don't tell anyone that in public whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭ lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ dominatinMC

What is this scutter? Why do you insist on fantasising about "lite lockdowns"? These same arguements were proposed by the forever restrictions merchants earlier this year, who were roundly shot down when the government removed all restrictions. But yet the worst case scenarios continue on here.

I'm not a defender of the government, but it's tiresome reading the same shite. And, yes, unsubscribing from the thread is an option but, in between the bullshit, there are some good points.

Are these legally enforceable? If not, they are a local policy, and not a nationwide restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭ Don't Chute!

Oh don’t worry my wife is after getting 7 days worth of easy singles to push under the door to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭ kirk.

I'm pro vaccine anti restriction

No problem with everybody getting jabbed if theres no other curtailments

It's looking like I said yesterday a bit of 🥕 and stick

Endgame is to get people vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭ Red Silurian

Exactly, can't understand why some people are so anti-vax in this day and age

Jab doesn't bother me restrictions do

What does bother me if there's a new variant and no one taking the next gen vaccines and then a load of restrictions because of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭ darconio

I think you just hit the nail on the head: restrictions were brought in to increase the vaccination rate not to stop the new variants

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Spot on. Despite the imaginations of some on here, the politicians and a lot of health experts (Tony included) acknowledged some time ago that we have to learn to live with Covid - and this is it. Things were much worse (in terms of stats and "de numbers") earlier this year, yet all restrictions were still removed. As you say, things would have to get much much worse for any utterance of lockdown to return. There is just no justification for these type of measures any longer, and most people know that.

All true and this is why I said I wish we had Tony right now

All he have right now is a bunch of talking heads all blowing in the wind on masks

On the vaccine , I don't know what we'll need to take and when but have no issue with anything that helps the 99% avoid masks and whatever else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭ Red Silurian

I'm sure that will be the line when an omicron vaccine comes along, take the jab or restrictions will return, just like last years line, 90% vaccinated and we reopen everything

Sadly I think the biggest obstacle to trust in vaccines are our government and our nurses unions who seem to want restrictions regardless of what the vaccines are so clearly doing to this virus. Another thing that I'm at pains to say Boris got right -_-

Restrictions=Cushy life for a lot of these people

• Registered Users Posts: 32,506 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009

While getting the platform in the media to finger wag

If mass gatherings are stopped by September then I'm blaming Garth Brooks (only a joke lads relax)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭ Gant21

The covid pass needs to be reintroduced asap.

Was in a hse non-health environment today

Everything was back social distancing and handed a mask on the way in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭ growleaves

Trolling with the homies or serious, concerned citizen?

I wonder would the pass have the same support as last time?

Advertisement