Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

My partner just got his text for his 2nd Pfizer shot at Aviva on June 25th (he's 49). It's scheduled 32 days after the first shot rather than 28. One of my colleagues said his appointment last week was exactly 28 days (to the hour!) after the first. Anyone know if my partner's delayed shot is an anomaly or if Aviva is more generally falling behind on keeping up with 2nd doses for folks in their late 40s?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

me: 2nd pfizer shot (aviva) for june 26th, 32 days after first (51)
    Wife:2nd pfizer shot (aviva) for june 25th, 32 days after first (49)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

My partner just got his text for his 2nd Pfizer shot at Aviva on June 25th (he's 49). It's scheduled 32 days after the first shot rather than 28. One of my colleagues said his appointment last week was exactly 28 days (to the hour!) after the first. Anyone know if my partner's delayed shot is an anomaly or if Aviva is more generally falling behind on keeping up with 2nd doses for folks in their late 40s?

My 2nd Pfizer is on 30 days and not 28 as initially scheduled. I was speaking to a work colleague today however who is due his 2 AZ and he is getting it in my scheduled centre on my initial date, so I can only assume it is the way calendars are being arranged for all the different vaccines.

Just delighted to be fully vaccinated my mid June anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yellowboglady

Text: 18th June
    Date: Tuesday 22 June.
    Venue: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech

• Registered Users Posts: 6 freckles2021

My other half is the same, 49 yrs, June 25th Aviva, second shot 32 days after his first one.

• Advertisement

Its not an anomaly
    Also.pfizers advice is up to 6 weeks
    Uk has been implementing 12 week,now 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

Fann Linn wrote: »
    My 2nd Pfizer is on 30 days and not 28 as initially scheduled. I was speaking to a work colleague today however who is due his 2 AZ and he is getting it in my scheduled centre on my initial date, so I can only assume it is the way calendars are being arranged for all the different vaccines.

Just delighted to be fully vaccinated my mid June anyway.

Thanks! I figured it was due to 2nd AZ doses. Folks who got AZ have been waiting way longer than we have and are at higher risk due to age, so glad they are being prioritized.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

Age 51
    2nd vaccine date 26/6 (32 days after 1st)
    Text received 18/6
    Pfizer in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Husband due to get Pfizer 2nd shot, day 28 tomorrow, City Hall Cork. No appointment yet, by text or on portal.
    I would have thought once the portal gave a first shot and it was live, a second one should come automatically, but seems to be random.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am guessing City West are doing second dose AZ next week . Everyone I know have appointments for dose two next week

I know someone getting Moderna there tomorrow, I'm getting AstraZeneca there on Sunday and I know someone else getting Pfizer on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

Received text for an appointment today

Date: Tuesday 22nd June
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Onto day 31 now with no second dose appointment for the mother. Got her first on 18th May in PUC Cork. Know people who get theirs on the 19th, 20th and 21st who have been done.

My uncle got his first dose on 20th in Pairc Ui Chaoimh and is also still waiting on text for his 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Why not Tony H? The man soldiered on through his wife's illness and death at a time when, as the public face of NPHET, he wasn't that popular. Couldn't see myself being able to do the same thing in his shoes.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30910324.html

https://extra.ie/2018/05/16/news/irish-news/tony-holohan-knew-of-cervical-check-memo

While Tony has done a good job in dealing with Covid it doesn't erase his involvement in the failings of cervical check.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

An old 41, since the start of the year :) , Limerick, registered 02nd June. No appointment yet.

Getting tetchy :(

Awaiting appointment 1
    Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with details on which vaccine you will get and where you will be vaccinated. You should get this message within 3 weeks of registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Klonker wrote: »
    So what's the expected time lines at a guess? Thinking myself that 35-39s from 28th June onwards until about mid July, 30-34s from mid July to early August. Hard to see college students getting their first doses before September at that rate.

It was reported yesterday that each of these cohorts would take 3-4 weeks to get through . Mid August might be more like it. Then 25+ ...so yes, september for college students. Prob end of september if they are at the 18 year old end?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Daisy03 wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30910324.html

https://extra.ie/2018/05/16/news/irish-news/tony-holohan-knew-of-cervical-check-memo

While Tony has done a good job in dealing with Covid it doesn't erase his involvement in the failings of cervical check.

Or the deaths in the nursing homes in the first wave. Sending patients from hospital to nursing homes without a covid test was never going to end well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Text: None, checked on portal on 18th
    Date: Monday 21 June
    Venue: Greystones
    Vaccine: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

PMBC wrote: »
    This evening, second shot AZ, Aviva.

Volunteer told me cenre had capacity rated 1t 3,000 per day but exceeding that.
    Was there at 6.25, appt 6.35, long queues inside but always moved. Jabbed at 07.50, out 8.05. Was in group of last 30 - they gave out tickets. Very well organised, efficient, courteous and friendly staff.
    Have sniffles this morning but great to be at this stage. Now for the BH.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Or the deaths in the nursing homes in the first wave. Sending patients from hospital to nursing homes without a covid test was never going to end well

Wasn't that an HSE decision? So Paul Reid rather than Tony Holohan.

I don't claim to understand health bureaucracy but I thought the CMO and the HSE reported in to the Minister of Health separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Mother getting 2nd AstraZeneca vaccine next weekend.
    8 weeks and few days gap.
    Looks like HSE is actively trying to get all >60s vaccinated ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarnia

fjon wrote: »
    Text: None, checked on portal on 18th
    Date: Monday 21 June
    Venue: Greystones
    Vaccine: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)

After frustration and checking portal number of times, finally got my appointment on portal, no text yet, for Monday in Greystones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Text #2 today.
    Citywest 19/6.
    Moderna #2.

28 days later.

Left car at 10:14 and back in it at 11:01.
    47 minutes including 15 observation.

Place was very busy, but they had us all moving along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Mine is finally there too, same venue, different day.
    Feel a bit ill thinking about it now.
    Sarnia wrote: »
    After frustration and checking portal number of times, finally got my appointment on portal, no text yet, for Monday in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

39-35yr olds can register now it seems, was posted on reddit and they seem to have just opened the entire age range. Registered myself succesully and now awaiting my 1st appointment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

Age 68
    Second AZ dose
    City West
    22/06/2021

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ongarite wrote: »
    Mother getting 2nd AstraZeneca vaccine next weekend.
    8 weeks and few days gap.
    Looks like HSE is actively trying to get all >60s vaccinated ASAP.

And be shot of AZ for good then... and good riddance to them...

my mother begetting her 2nd AZ shot on Thursday (8 weeks after 1st dose)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Infini wrote: »
    39-35yr olds can register now it seems, was posted on reddit and they seem to have just opened the entire age range. Registered myself succesully and now awaiting my 1st appointment! :D

Same as every other age group. The request to register on different days is to stagger demand.

Won't get you an appointment any quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

Same as every other age group. The request to register on different days is to stagger demand.

Depends on where you’re located by the looks of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Oh i know that much Im not realistically expecting to be able to get seen quicker but I'm still just happy that I'm finally registered for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

Infini wrote: »

I just had a look and it's still saying 40 to 69 year olds. How did you manage it?!

Advertisement