Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Wallander wrote:
    It also says on the website you are only allowed to reschedule twice - what happens though if you need to do it a third time?

Ignore the website. You can cancel as many times as you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question spoke to someone earlier who got his second appointment for Tullamore moderna I think but it will be only 16 days from his first one . Surely this is a mistake or glitch. He kind of wants to go ahead and get it but it would hardly be beneficial after 16 days.

km79 wrote: »
    My mother got her first AZ in galway Mvc on weds 28th april
    She got text for second jab next Weds 23rd June.
    Delighted !

I still haven’t heard of anyone in the low 40s getting called to Galway MVC. Glad I got mine in GP now
    Mayo MBC is flying it . Down to 40 year olds early this week as my friend was called Monday

Wife appointment Saturday in Galway. 40 and born in 81.

I was done last Saturday-43, and I know 43 year olds done Friday and Thursday last week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

20s - Group 7
    Dose 2 Monday 21st from GP
    Pfizer

ForestFire wrote: »
    In and out of Galway in about 40mins, total, for 3pm appointment .

It seemed to be getting a lot more busy as I was leaving though.

They were checking appointment times at the entry points and if you were early you were asked to wait before being allowed to enter.

And they are quite rigid. If 3.05 time slots arrive at same time as 3.00 they put them in a second queue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭rex_turner

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Was this the helix? Have a young breastfed baby so wondering if i can bring him as can't risk being stuck for hours in a queue!
    My friend brought her small breastfed baby with her in a sling and was treated like a VIP, expedited throughout the process

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

...are there many 42 year olds out there still waiting on an appointment?

I'm hearing of 41yo's who have already receieved their first jab.

A friend, 41, got her first jab on Monday 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

20s - Group 7
    Dose 2 Monday 21st from GP
    Pfizer

Good news !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭alias no.9

43 Dublin, registered 2nd June, not a dickybird yet and have been checking the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

harr wrote: »
    Quick question spoke to someone earlier who got his second appointment for Tullamore moderna I think but it will be only 16 days from his first one . Surely this is a mistake or glitch. He kind of wants to go ahead and get it but it would hardly be beneficial after 16 days.

This is from the HSE site

Doses

You will need 2 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

You should get your 2nd dose 4 weeks (28 days) after your 1st dose.

It takes 14 days after getting the 2nd dose for it to work. This is when you are fully vaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

Still nothing for me + I've checked portal 3 times today just in case!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

appledrop wrote: »
    Still nothing for me + I've checked portal 3 times today just in case!
    Of my group, the two Northsiders got an appointment (we're 42) but the south- and west-siders haven't yet. We got ours today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

ixoy wrote: »
    Of my group, the two Northsiders got an appointment (we're 42) but the south- and west-siders haven't yet. We got ours today.

I'm Northside, but still nada. One of my friends has finally been called though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hespy

39 in a few weeks. Didn't register yet on the portal. Got a text from a large GP centre in Galway that I went to once 15 years ago with a booking link last week. Was in and out within 25 minutes, including the 15 minute wait. Have a date and time for the 2nd shot exactly 28 days after. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

harr wrote: »

What age is your friend?
    I had mine in Tullamore 18 days ago no word for 2nd appointment and I don't expect to be called for 2nd vaccine until day 28 but I still check the portal a couple of times a day🥳

I also got Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

dunneg wrote: »
    ...are there many 42 year olds out there still waiting on an appointment?

I'm hearing of 41yo's who have already receieved their first jab.

A friend, 41, got her first jab on Monday 14th.

Yes I'm 1978 and still waiting for an appointment very impatiently!
    Expect it will be at Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    This is from the HSE site

Doses

You will need 2 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

You should get your 2nd dose 4 weeks (28 days) after your 1st dose.

It takes 14 days after getting the 2nd dose for it to work. This is when you are fully vaccinated.

I got an appointment for 2nd Moderna dose 20 days after first dose. Thought it was too soon and refused it... Got new appointment for next week, exactly 28 days after 1st dose

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭hello2020

How to ask for certain vaccine if you don't want the one offered? Say I do not want Jansen ( Johnson's) vaccine then what's the process to ask for a different shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

hello2020 wrote: »
    How to ask for certain vaccine if you don't want the one offered? Say I do not want Jansen ( Johnson's) vaccine then what's the process to ask for a different shot?

Just reply to text with "NEW", you'll almost certainly be offered a different vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭beachhead

hello2020 wrote: »

You can request 2 new appts after you get the first appt text.You could be offered a different vaccine for your 2nd appointment,if not the 3rd request for a new appt is your last chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/dr-tony-holohan-hails-near-elimination-of-covid-19-among-vaccinated-1.4596086?mode=amp

Multiple outlets reporting that each of the 30+ and 35+ cohorts will take up to 4 weeks to get through. Could be mid august by the time all 30 years olds are done.

Things slowing down because the decision to drop Az, j&j and instead of hitting 450k a week.as planned will only be able to hit 200k or so a week.

Meanwhile 1 of my friends aged 40-45 finally got called, other 9 of us still all waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/dr-tony-holohan-hails-near-elimination-of-covid-19-among-vaccinated-1.4596086?mode=amp

Multiple outlets reporting that each of the 30+ and 35+ cohorts will take up to 4 weeks to get through. Could be mid august by the time all 30 years olds are done.

Things slowing down because the decision to drop Az, j&j and instead of hitting 450k a week.as planned will only be able to hit 200k or so a week.

Meanwhile 1 of my friends aged 40-45 finally got called, other 9 of us still all waiting.

Doesn't look like college students will get back to campus in September then as most would be the lower end of the 20's group so we're looking at late Sept or October for full vax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

airy fairy wrote: »
    Doesn't look like college students will get back to campus in September then as most would be the lower end of the 20's group so we're looking at late Sept or October for full vax.

I'm guessing it'll be end of year before we get to 18yos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Deeec

I got a message yesterday to say my vaccine appointment for Sunday ( moderna ) has been cancelled. No new date has been given yet. No reason for cancellation given either.
    Did anyone else receive cancellation message.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

daheff wrote: »
    I'm guessing it'll be end of year before we get to 18yos.
    July may be slower but we'll still get a lot done. We are likely to have reached something like herd immunity by the end of summer anyway. Once we get over 50% fully vaccinated cases should rapidly decline, if Israel is anything to go by. As we stand we are at about 30%, a range of sectors have reopened and there has been no great uptick in cases nor in hospitalizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

airy fairy wrote: »

Universities would have had 18 months to plan by then
    It would be an absolute dereliction of their duty of care to students if they do not come up with some kind of plan to get all at diners back on campus (not necessarily all together !)
    Looking forward to what the Minister for Everything except his own portfolio comes up with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Cordell

Deeec wrote: »
    I got a message yesterday to say my vaccine appointment for Sunday ( moderna ) has been cancelled. No new date has been given yet. No reason for cancellation given either.

Mine was cancelled and rescheduled a week later. I got my first jab yesterday in Limerick, Pfizer, 42yo.
    The appointment that was cancelled was for Waterford, I was willing to travel but they cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

km79 wrote: »
    Universities would have had 18 months to plan by then
    It would be an absolute dereliction of their duty of care to students if they do not come up with some kind of plan to get all at diners back on campus (not necessarily all together !)
    Looking forward to what the Minister for Everything except his own portfolio comes up with

Harris talking fairly confidently about antigen testing being used to get student back to in person college.

That was announced yesterday, then today they announce a slowdown in getting through the 30+. I'm sure its just a coincidence though.

No doubt Donnelly will be tweeting later that college students can register for their vaccines "soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Deeec wrote: »

Is that your first dose that got cancelled and what vaccination centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Harris talking fairly confidently about antigen testing being used to get student back to in person college.

That was announced yesterday, then today they announce a slowdown in getting through the 30+. I'm sure its just a coincidence though.

No doubt Donnelly will be tweeting later that college students can register for their vaccines "soon".
    That was announced weeks ago, Harris is just reaffirming that.

Advertisement