Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

JPup wrote: »
    That's interesting to get a J&J shot at your age. It's supposed to be very effective and the risk of a serious blood clot is extremely low as I understand it. 1 in the hundreds of thousands I believe if not even lower.

Yeah, I thought it was strange to be offered the J&J too. Maybe the have a batch left over or something? Hard to know. Glad to hear that about the minimal side effects! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Text: none yet, appointment in portal
    Date: Wed 23rd
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Snap! See you there!

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Looks like the 40th party we all missed last year is happening next Wednesday in the Helix!!

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 asterix

Text: Noon today
    Date: Thursday, 24th June
    Venue: Aviva

Have heard in last few hours of three others in my wider group ages 41/42 in south Dublin area all getting texts for same venue and day. Appointment times are close enough together that there are plans to meet for a drink afterwards. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

asterix wrote: »

Have heard in last few hours of three others in my wider group ages 41/42 in south Dublin area all getting texts for same venue and day. Appointment times are close enough together that there are plans to meet for a drink afterwards. Yay!

I think I heard Luke o Neill saying not to go nuts on the drink the day of a vaccine as it could impact your response.

• Advertisement

Hope your not a woman because according to WHO us 18-50 year olds shouldn't be drinking at alcohol at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 asterix

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I think I heard Luke o Neill saying not to go nuts on the drink the day of a vaccine as it could impact your response.

I shall raise my single celebratory glass of stout (if it’s good enough for a new mother…) in a toast to Luke. Tony H not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I shall raise my single celebratory glass of stout (if it’s good enough for a new mother…) in a toast to Luke. Tony H not so much.

Why not Tony H? The man soldiered on through his wife's illness and death at a time when, as the public face of NPHET, he wasn't that popular. Couldn't see myself being able to do the same thing in his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Registered on the 02nd (a few days early)
    Portal still at "awaiting appointment"
    Dublin 10

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

My in-laws were both told by the GP to avoid alcohol for 24 hours after Pfizer so as not to impact it's effectiveness. But given all we've been through the last 15 months, there should be a free bar for 15 mins in the observation area !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

My in-laws were both told by the GP to avoid alcohol for 24 hours after Pfizer so as not to impact it's effectiveness. But given all we've been through the last 15 months, there should be a free bar for 15 mins in the observation area !!

I like the idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Text: None. Saw on portal.
    Date: Tuesday 22 June.
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech.

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

42 and still waiting for an appointment in Dublin 16. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

This evening, second shot AZ, Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Toulouse wrote: »
    42 and still waiting for an appointment in Dublin 16. Anyone else in the same boat?

From what I can see 40-42 due to be done in city west are still waiting for appointments.

From what I can see 40-42 due to be done in city west are still waiting for appointments.

don't fancy having to go to citywest - by all accounts the queues are ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

don't fancy having to go to citywest - by all accounts the queues are ridiculous!!
    Think it depends on the day and vaccine. I was there 2 weeks ago and no queue at all, was all done in about 20 minutes including the 15m sitting around time.

Daemonic wrote: »
    Think it depends on the day and vaccine. I was there 2 weeks ago and no queue at all, was all done in about 20 minutes including the 15m sitting around time.

yeah i know a few over 50s that were in and out in no time
    but then those in the 40s group have been talking about the massive queues and up to 2hr wait time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I know this has been answered before but can anyone tell me where you find the already registered section on the hse site. I have the original log in page but don’t see an already registered section to click. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Onto day 31 now with no second dose appointment for the mother. Got her first on 18th May in PUC Cork. Know people who get theirs on the 19th, 20th and 21st who have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

40, carlow. Still waiting, feels like a long 12 days:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

So what's the expected time lines at a guess? Thinking myself that 35-39s from 28th June onwards until about mid July, 30-34s from mid July to early August. Hard to see college students getting their first doses before September at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

I know this has been answered before but can anyone tell me where you find the already registered section on the hse site. I have the original log in page but don’t see an already registered section to click. Thanks a million.

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

At the bottom under create an account. Text is in black so hard to see and says “Already have an account”

Onto day 31 now with no second dose appointment for the mother. Got her first on 18th May in PUC Cork. Know people who get theirs on the 19th, 20th and 21st who have been done.
    Wait untill tomorrow
    Bring her down to the centre with her vaccine card and ask for the supervisor
    I do know people that gotv heir 2nd pfizer at day 32 in Parc uí caoimh
    It was closed last Sunday for matches,hence the backing up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Text: None. Saw on portal.
    Date: Tuesday 22 June.
    Venue: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm 43 and expecting a Citywest appointment but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I'm 43 and expecting a Citywest appointment but nothing yet

I am guessing City West are doing second dose AZ next week . Everyone I know have appointments for dose two next week

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Punchestown is doing well now. That's a good few early 40s getting sorted. From a North Kildare perspective, most people I know have gone to city West for dose one mRNA (+45). I've heard of a lot of AZ for city West next week so I'm lowering my expectations.

My Dublin Northside friends in the 40-42 range have all received dates for the helix. As per many pages back in this thread, it seems to be location and the luck of the draw.

I'll escalate on week 3 but happy to know that my mother is getting AZ on Friday. The oldies, front line and the compromised are what is most important so I'm good with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

I know a 42 year old from D14 who got their text today, so I imagine yours will be tomorrow (if they send them out on the weekend) with a date late next week.

Advertisement