Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

For those who have had their 1st mNRA vaccine, approx when did you receive the confirmation of date for your 2nd one?

dubmel wrote: »
    Would anyone know whether they are administering Pfizer in the Aviva today?

I'm 42 and have an appointment for my first dose on Thursday, but due to fly out exactly 28 days later so wondering if there is any way to get both doses a few days earlier...
    (I checked the history of this thread but couldn't see anyone with an Aviva appointment for today or tomorrow)

I know someone going to the Aviva for their second AZ dose today. Other than that, a couple of 41 year-olds I know are both getting Pfizer in the Aviva on Thursday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RubyK wrote: »
    For those who have had their 1st mNRA vaccine, approx when did you receive the confirmation of date for your 2nd one?

Got confirmation text for 2nd jab 3 weeks and 3 days later.
    2nd jab exactly 4 weeks after 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got confirmation text for 2nd jab 3 weeks and 3 days later.
    2nd jab exactly 4 weeks after 1st.

Thanks for that :)

I’m on day 28 now for Pfizer- still no text-I was expecting it to be either tomorrow or Wednesday- people seem to be getting notification a good 3 days in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I’m on day 28 now for Pfizer- still no text-I was expecting it to be either tomorrow or Wednesday- people seem to be getting notification a good 3 days in advance?

Day 29 for me - I got less than 24 hours notice for the first, in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

42 registered 04/06/21. heard nothing yet.
    M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    1978 and still no appointment.

Citiwest seems to be a bit of a shambles. I know of a load of people 1978/1977 that are still waiting on jabs from there....but heard of one lady over the weekend 1979 that got a jab there.

also not sure why North Kildare are directed there instead of punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

JPup wrote: »
    How can it have stalled? June has been the busiest month so far. We’ve hit daily and weekly records for number of vaccines administered.

It's definitely came to a standstill for those in their early 40s been called for their first appointment. Alot of these early 40s will soon be hitting 21 days since registering without even getting a text for an appointment. Hopefully, it speeds up again soon for those cohorts and the cohorts coming directly after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

JP100 wrote: »
    It's definitely come to a standstill for those in their early 40s been called for their first appointment. Hopefully, it speeds up again soon for those cohorts and the cohorts coming directly after them.

Well I know someone that was 40 that was due appointment yesterday in Meath.

Loving your anecdotal statements saying it's definitely stalled. As others pointed out they are doing record numbers so how can you say it's stalled.

If you have some stats to back up your claim then great otherwise leave it to people posting about appointment dates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

It's just demographics

More people in early 40s than any other age.
    (More moaners in early 40s too?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It looks obvious that there's no slowdown as people in their 40's are getting appointments in the helix, aviva, croker, punchestown etc. It looks like Citywest is prioritising AstraZeneca maybe for 2nd doses at the moment, and so not a lot of movement on the 40s there over the last week?

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Well I know someone that was 40 that was due appointment yesterday in Meath.

Loving your anecdotal statements saying it's definitely stalled. As others pointed out they are doing record numbers so how can you say it's stalled.

If you have some stats to back up your claim then great otherwise leave it to people posting about appointment dates etc

Calm yourself down and no need to be getting defensive over what folks own personal experiences are. This thread is all the better for posters posting about how they're getting on going through the system.

spockety wrote: »
    It looks obvious that there's no slowdown as people in their 40's are getting appointments in the helix, aviva, croker, punchestown etc. It looks like Citywest is prioritising AstraZeneca maybe for 2nd doses at the moment, and so not a lot of movement on the 40s there over the last week?

The calling of people for second doses earlier than had been previously anticipated could only but cause certain bottlenecks in the system alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Day 35 for us waiting today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

JP100 wrote: »
    The calling of people for second doses earlier than had been previously anticipated could only but cause certain bottlenecks in the system alright.

and the fact that these folks being called early are in the 60+ age group, and thus considered vulnerable, it's absolutely fine that they get their 2nd dose and are considered vaccinated..

Well off what should be the timeframe here.

and the fact that these folks being called early are in the 60+ age group, and thus considered vulnerable, it's absolutely fine that they get their 2nd dose and are considered vaccinated..

That's not what anybody has been saying. Of course, it's a good thing that these people are being called back earlier, I have said that numerous times in this thread already. I think very few people would say anything otherwise. It is very much to be welcomed and I have family members myself in this very cohort.

Ah no don’t tell me that.

It’s so weird - there’s a set number of people who got vaccinated 28 days ago- you’d think the second jab would be a simple rinse and repeat exercise- I wonder is it a reduced number of jabbers available due to the holiday season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

Don't disagree, but others outside that age group are vulnerable too.

despite govt /hse talking about different cohorts being prioritised, thats kinda gone out the window and we are now at age related stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

42 year old based in Dublin. Got my first jab this morning in the Helix. I registered whenever the registrations opened for my cohort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

D3V!L wrote: »
    42 year old based in Dublin. Got my first jab this morning in the Helix. I registered whenever the registrations opened for my cohort.

I'm the same age, registered on 4th June still no notification as of now.

Ah no don’t tell me that.

It’s so weird - there’s a set number of people who got vaccinated 28 days ago- you’d think the second jab would be a simple rinse and repeat exercise- I wonder is it a reduced number of jabbers available due to the holiday season?

A number of posters in this thread always want to put down snags or quirks in the system as a supply issue. It cannot always be put down as a supply issue though and there's definitely issues arising from the administration side of things as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

RubyK wrote: »

Getting second jab Sat 26th, but got confirmation text on 16th (10 days in advance). This will make it 32 days after 1st jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Just got my Vaccine this mornng.

Pfizer
    Tralee

Notification: 21 May
    Appointment: 24 May

Feel great, so far!

Second Dose received: 21 Jun (4 weeks and 10 minutes later)

Another week to go until I can lick door handles again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Some of the 45-49 age cohort should be getting their texts around now for Pfizer jab No.2 right?

If you add them in, plus the over-50's/health care workers AZ 2nd jab being brought forward, it's not at all surprising that the vaccinations for the 40-42 year olds have slowed down somewhat.

I think the fact that we flew through the 45-49 1st doses, and the 43-44 year olds got texts days after registering gave people a false sense that the younger age categories would be done just as quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

First vaccine booked for this coming Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Day 30 here in Cork, no text for the 2nd Pfizer. Not on portal either. Would prefer to be given a date, for whenever, rather than just waiting and wondering.

KKkitty wrote: »
    First vaccine booked for this coming Friday.

As per the OP please say your region/area as it's informative and helpful to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭UID0

The rollout is slowing, and is obviously going to slow. The latest HSE stats (from https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/) show that 61% of population have received 1 dose and 31% are fully vaccinated with 3.45 million doses administered. A rough calculation shows that approx 1.15 million people need to receive a second dose in the next 4 weeks. Thats approx 287.5k slots of the probably 300k-350k per week available (was record of approx 330k last week). When vaccination of the over 50s started, there was nowhere near that number of second vaccinations scheduled (as AZ wasn't on a 8 week schedule for second dose and over 70s were vaccinated through GP surgeries).
    How slow it is in different areas depends on the age profile of the cohort in the area and the age profile of the older cohort that are due their second dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

That's not the rollout as a whole slowing right now. It's the number of first doses slowing. The number of doses being handed out is huge this week and for at least the two weeks after that.

After that the rollout will probably slowing due to a reduced supply.

Advertisement