Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Nozzer wrote: »
    I just had a look and it's still saying 40 to 69 year olds. How did you manage it?!

Just go straight through. It won't reject a date of birth for anyone 35-39

It's been the same when every other age group opens. Asking people to register on a specific day is to stagger demand

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

It's been the same when every other age group opens. Asking people to register on a specific day is to stagger demand

And I'm in!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

Does registering 1st mean done 1st i wonder in local mvc? I'd like to think regardless its still going to be 39s 1st then 38 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Does registering 1st mean done 1st i wonder in local mvc? I'd like to think regardless its still going to be 39s 1st then 38 and so on.

No, it doesn't change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Infini wrote: »
    39-35yr olds can register now it seems, was posted on reddit and they seem to have just opened the entire age range. Registered myself succesully and now awaiting my 1st appointment! :D

That was always the case. An 18 year old could register today and the system would accept it. They wont get called quicker but they can register. The day by day registration is just so the site doesnt crash with everyone going on at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    That was always the case. An 18 year old could register today and the system would accept it. They wont get called quicker but they can register. The day by day registration is just so the site doesnt crash with everyone going on at once.

I don’t think that’s true. It asks your birth year in the opening page so an 18 year would need to lie about that which would cause issues later on when giving PPS number etc.

JPup wrote: »
    I don’t think that’s true. It asks your birth year in the opening page so an 18 year would need to lie about that which would cause issues later on when giving PPS number etc.

No you just put in your real birth year and it accepts your registration.

If you arent registered go ahead and try and register. It will accept your input no matter your age.

Do you really think the guys who brought us the "biggest theft of personal medical data in history because they couldnt be bothered patching their windows software " built a sophisticated system that cross references Stephen Donnelly tweets telling people what days to register with users DOBs?

Anyone can register at any time. I know plenty of people who registered early. It makes no difference to when you are called.

Infini wrote: »
    39-35yr olds can register now it seems, was posted on reddit and they seem to have just opened the entire age range. Registered myself succesully and now awaiting my 1st appointment! :D

This poster *literally* just posted that they registered out of turn - theres proof on this thread!

Register today! You will get precisely zero advantages but equally zero disadvantages from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Tried that, won't accept it.

Will accept down to birth year of 1986 currently.

Its always been the way, it'll accept all the years of whatever is open or due to open but nothing lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

This poster *literally* just posted that they registered out of turn - theres proof on this thread!

Register today! You will get precisely zero advantages but equally zero disadvantages from doing so.

But he’s in the 35-39 age group presumably which is now open. You said 18 year olds can register which doesn’t sound right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

2hr 30 minutes in Navan today. Huge queues

Greystones were exactly 28 days last week for 2nd pfizer
    Next week it's 30 days

So there's a lag now even in very efficient mvcs confirmed at Parc uí caoimh and Greystones for 2nd pfizer
    Possibly caused by the faster AZ roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ongarite wrote: »
    they had two weeks to organise this...whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ongarite wrote:

A friend of mine had an appointment in navan today for 3pm and it was postponed to Thursday early this morning. A friend of his was at the same vaccination centre mid week and was sent home after 2 hours due to the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭micar

Age 42

Monday afternoon in Dundalk (fairways hotel)

Pfizer-BioNtech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Looks like they have changed the portal to officially allow people to 35 -39.

I'm registered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Looks like they have changed the portal to officially allow people to 35 -39.

I'm registered :)

Yep.
    39 just registered
    Wife 35 also registered

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rdhma

Wait time from registration to 1st notification 8 days.
    From notification to vaccination: 4 days - dose 1, 7 days dose 2, Moderna
    Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Wife 48
    1st dose Tues 25th May
    Text 19.06
    appt Thurs 24th
    Pfizer Greystones.
    30 day interval.

I am getting my 2nd Pfizer today, 31 days after 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

A friend of mine had an appointment in navan today for 3pm and it was postponed to Thursday early this morning. A friend of his was at the same vaccination centre mid week and was sent home after 2 hours due to the queues.

They were offering people in the queue option to come back on Thursday, as it's a Moderna day, but no guarantee you would be waiting as long again.
    Some left but most just waited to get it done with.

Not sure what happening with Fairyhouse. It's open a few days now but don't know anyone scheduled for there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Anyone in the 40 to 43 bracket heard from city west yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭spakman

spockety wrote: »

41 and heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

42 and nothing yet. Don’t see anyone being called for UCD either.

No you just put in your real birth year and it accepts your registration.

If you arent registered go ahead and try and register. It will accept your input no matter your age.

Do you really think the guys who brought us the "biggest theft of personal medical data in history because they couldnt be bothered patching their windows software " built a sophisticated system that cross references Stephen Donnelly tweets telling people what days to register with users DOBs?

Anyone can register at any time. I know plenty of people who registered early. It makes no difference to when you are called.

Stop showing up as an idiot because it's not true. It'll only accept the appropriate year of birth. Also, the vaccine portal is Salesforce, so fcuk all to do with the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Anyone being called for their 2nd Pfizer on time, Cork city hall? If so, how many days notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Toulouse wrote: »
    42 and nothing yet. Don’t see anyone being called for UCD either.

My wife is getting her second AZ dose in UCD tomorrow. Age 66, exactly 8 weeks after her first dose, which was in City West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

43 heard nothing yet.....seems to have stopped at 44 as know a good few that age vaccinated almost 2 weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

40 registered June 1st in Dublin 16 nothing yet, I'm assuming it will be citywest but no idea. Know ppl 40-43 called for helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm 35 and registered just fine this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

spockety wrote:

Nope, neither myself or the OH.

Advertisement