Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/dr-tony-holohan-hails-near-elimination-of-covid-19-among-vaccinated-1.4596086?mode=amp

Multiple outlets reporting that each of the 30+ and 35+ cohorts will take up to 4 weeks to get through. Could be mid august by the time all 30 years olds are done.

Things slowing down because the decision to drop Az, j&j and instead of hitting 450k a week.as planned will only be able to hit 200k or so a week.

Meanwhile 1 of my friends aged 40-45 finally got called, other 9 of us still all waiting.

They are on target for 330K this week. It sure looks like they are getting them turned around as quickly as possible based on the supply.

Having gotten my first dose it is only when you see a small part of the process that has to be managed that you get an understanding for the enormity of what they are doing.

Pfizer first dose
    Tuesday 22nd - on portal, no SMS yet
    Limerick Racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

In case anyone wonders, this is the progress:
    https://pasteboard.co/K79q9jm.png
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
    It's on par with the EU so the only limiting factor is the supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Exactly wrote: »
    They are on target for 330K this week. It sure looks like they are getting them turned around as quickly as possible based on the supply.

Having gotten my first dose it is only when you see a small part of the process that has to be managed that you get an understanding for the enormity of what they are doing.

The 200k per week is from july and is the figure the government themselves have provided. It's in the article. They are the ones announcing the slowdown , not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Deeec

forestgirl wrote: »
    Is that your first dose that got cancelled and what vaccination centre

First dose. Centre is Simonstown in Navan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

The 200k per week is from july and is the figure the government themselves have provided. It's in the article. They are the ones announcing the slowdown , not me.

I suppose the difficulty is that lots of first dose MRNA vaccines over the last month and the month to come means equal amounts must go on second doses 4 weeks later - so a huge amount of supply during the summer will be going on second doses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I suppose the difficulty is that lots of first dose MRNA vaccines over the last month and the month to come means equal amounts must go on second doses 4 weeks later - so a huge amount of supply during the summer will be going on second doses

A huge of amount of the MRNA vaccines already was going on the second dose. There'll just be no AZ or Janssen in the mix for the younger age groups - actually don't think I heard anyone in their forties getting AZ beyond health workers - so there'll be a lot less vaccine coming into the country once they are finished using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

1979; Dublin 14 area
    Thursday 24th
    Aviva
    Pfizer

Not got the text but can see it on the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mamaofthree

age 42 (1979)
    loc fingal
    reg 4 jun
    text 17 jun
    appt 20 jun, helix
    vac pfizer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Furze99 wrote: »
    Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer... unless you're in your 60s, in which case you may take your chances with AstraZeneca, wait months and just go feck off if you don't like it. I think the administration is going to regret this faux pas.

I think lots in their 20s/30s would like the option of those in their 60s to take AZ and be able to be vaccinated and have a proper Summer.

Any risks of AZ are tiny, so the 60s are in a far better position than the younger age groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Text: none yet, appointment in portal
    Date: Wed 23rd
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭CiboC

Has anyone had any success with turning up late in the day at a centre to avail of 'leftover' doses?

I had my first shot in the Aviva, and now I need to travel abroad - I will be away when my 4 week slot comes up and I'll be away for a few weeks.

I'm thinking of just rocking up to the centre late in the day before I go and seeing if there are any spares? It will be 3 weeks between doses which, according to the HSE, is considered a valid second dose.

Has anyone done this successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarnia

It has been 2 weeks since now and still no appointment - I check the portal every day, nothing there either. I called them yesterday, nothing they can do - bla bla bla, it is automated system, wait 3 weeks.
    All around me, younger and registered after me already got their first jab.
    Frustrating...

CiboC wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success with turning up late in the day at a centre to avail of 'leftover' doses?

I had my first shot in the Aviva, and now I need to travel abroad - I will be away when my 4 week slot comes up and I'll be away for a few weeks.

I'm thinking of just rocking up to the centre late in the day before I go and seeing if there are any spares? It will be 3 weeks between doses which, according to the HSE, is considered a valid second dose.

Has anyone done this successfully?

A friend tried it 6 times, got his first dose on the 6th time!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Text: no text yet but available in the portal (have since received the text)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

somedood wrote: »
    Text: no text yet but available in the portal

Exactly the same here, every line

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Text: none yet, appointment in portal

Text received today at 1215.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Diablo Verde

Text: today
    Date: Weds 23rd June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Looks like the 40th party we all missed last year is happening next Wednesday in the Helix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

got the Helix for Wednesday coming after registering at start of June but Im in Cork for the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Text: just now (but saw it on the portal about 20 minutes before text)
    Date: Thursday 24th
    Venue: Aviva
    Vaccine: Pfizer (1st dose obviously)

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Looks like the 40th party we all missed last year is happening next Wednesday in the Helix!!

Is there going to be cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Sarnia wrote: »
    It has been 2 weeks since now and still no appointment - I check the portal every day, nothing there either. I called them yesterday, nothing they can do - bla bla bla, it is automated system, wait 3 weeks.
    Frustrating...

Same! My center will be Punchestown & I'm 40, where & what age group are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Got a call earlier from my GP to come in Monday for the J&J vaccine. I'm 33 but caring for my mother who is receiving treatment for cancer so I think I was prioritised slightly. Anyone in my age bracket received the J&J shot? Any side effects? I believe it's only one shot which I'm happy about!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Duff wrote: »
    Got a call earlier from my GP to come in Monday for the J&J vaccine. I'm 33 but caring for my mother who is receiving treatment for cancer so I think I was prioritised slightly. Anyone in my age bracket received the J&J shot? Any side effects? I believe it's only one shot which I'm happy about!

That's interesting to get a J&J shot at your age. It's supposed to be very effective and the risk of a serious blood clot is extremely low as I understand it. 1 in the hundreds of thousands I believe if not even lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭FinnC

Sarnia wrote: »
    Frustrating...

Same here. I’m 42, registered this day 2 weeks ago and no sign of anything yet.The wife is 43 and got her vaccine in the Citywest on Monday.

That's because we won't be administering AZ anymore, that's all. There's no slowdown. J&J which is replacing it for over 50s (how many of those are left?!) only requires one dose.
    Amirani wrote: »
    I think lots in their 20s/30s would like the option of those in their 60s to take AZ and be able to be vaccinated and have a proper Summer.

Any risks of AZ are tiny, so the 60s are in a far better position than the younger age groups.

Will they wait the 8 weeks between doses?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's because we won't be administering AZ anymore, that's all. There's no slowdown. J&J which is replacing it for over 50s (how many of those are left?!) only requires one dose.

Eh yes there is a slow down. Pfizer supply will be decreasing and given the restrictions we've put on other vaccines we're limited to 2 vaccines now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just got a text for next Thursday in the Aviva. Registered on the 2nd. 1979 , south Dublin , Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarnia

color_girl wrote: »
    Same! My center will be Punchestown & I'm 40, where & what age group are you in?

Greystones vaccination Centre, I am 42

Advertisement