Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

County: Kildare
    Appointment notified: 19 May
    Vaccination Date: 22 May
    Venue: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Going for my second jab today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

spockety wrote: »
    Anyone in the 40 to 43 bracket heard from city west yet?

Nope. I'm guessing Thursday/Friday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Nope. I'm guessing Thursday/Friday

For a notification or for vaccination day?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

40 years old, bday was in January. Registered on 2nd day of 40-49 year old registrations.
    First jab is scheduled in the helix 23rd June.
    Funnily enough I live closer to Croke park than Helix

For a notification or for vaccination day?

Vaccination day. Think we'll be notified Monday/Tuesday or with a bit of luck this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just doing my 15 minute wait in Citywest after 2nd AstraZeneca dose. Very slick operation despite big numbers. 3.5k today apparently. A lot of no shows this morning according to the nurse but busy now. I'll be through in 50 - 55 minutes. Piano is really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Age 41 (1980) Galway City. Registered 02 June 21. Appointment notification 20 June 21
    Appointment 1 scheduled for Sunday 27 June 21 at Racecourse.
    Vaccine:Moderna Anyone know if there have been queues at the Galway Racecourse? So far I have heard very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Rambler11 wrote: »
    Age 41 (1980) Galway City. Registered 02 June 21. Appointment notification 20 June 21. Appointment 1 scheduled for Sunday 27 June 21 at Racecourse. Anyone know if there have been queues at the Galway Racecourse. So far I have heard very efficient.

Vaccine : Moderna

I got both Moderna vaccinations at the Galway Racecourse. Both times there were queues, but they were moving fast. Took about 45 mins each time including the observation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

The serious lack of posting in here the last while suggests the rollout has reduced to a snails pace for folk been called for their first appointment in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

JP100 wrote: »
    The serious lack of posting in here the last while suggests the rollout has reduced to a snails pace for folk been called for their first appointment in particular.

Or that folk being called aren't of an age-group to hang around on this particular corner of boards !? :)

• Advertisement

pron wrote: »
    Or that folk being called aren't of an age-group to hang around on this particular corner of boards !? :)

Nope. Any cursory glance at what's happening here or outside of here shows that first appointments for the previous cohort of 45-49 moved much quicker than that of the current cohort of 40-44.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Nope. Any cursory glance at what's happening here or outside of here shows that first appointments for the previous cohort of 45-49 moved much quicker than that of the current cohort of 40-44.

Presumably because the second dose of AZ was brought forward . All my friends and sibling have appointments for next week for 2nd dose so this will slow down the other group for a week or two
    Despite they are getting AZ and other group Pfizer there are only so many vaccinators to do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Perhaps it's to do with the rush to pull in the people who've had one jab of AZ way back and instead of the 12+ week wait, they're giving it earlier. A more vulnerable age group that need to be done, trumping those in their 40s.

Yep, there's definitely a bottle neck at the moment. People getting 2nd doses earlier is to be very much welcomed. Paul Reid said a couple of weeks ago that the latter happening would not be at the expense of slowing down the overall vaccine programme but clearly that is what is happening. We have less of a supply issue and more of a problem now on the administration side of things. It's a pity that both can not be achieved - the moving forward of 2nd doses for certain cohorts while continuing apace with giving first doses to those registered since the beginning of June and then later to those in their 30s and 20s. Not achieving both just makes the chances of achieving a decent summer in terms of lighter restrictions dwindle ever more. All we will hear from NPHET, the government and RTE for the rest of the summer is 'variants' and the 'unvaccinated'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Onto day 34 without a second dose for the mother in Cork City. HSE have 'escalated' her whatever that means, still no sign.

To add to above, seems like there's significant delays in Cork, lots of people with stories on the Cork thread

To add to above, seems like there's significant delays in Cork, lots of people with stories on the Cork thread

That thread is very enlightening. The momentum of the rollout has most definitely stalled over the course of June. Which is an even greater pity when you also throw in the HSE saying that July will be slow with only two vaccines available then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

Tbh, i think it may be a supply issue, afaik there's capacity to administer 300k a week. 2 weeks ago Donnelly tweeted that we had passed 3m doses, 2 days ago he tweeted again that we had admisistered 3.25m doses. Thats a serious shortfall in that fortnightly period and ties in with the numerous sub 43 yr olds who are still awaiting dates for vaccinations.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but thats my take on it. For the record, I'm also one of that age group and over 2 weeks since registering and still no word.

It was 3.45m doses 2 days ago.

I know it's luck of the draw, but they're absolutely flying it at the Helix. Left my home in Dublin 15 at 4:45pm, home by 6pm. Very well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kittywake

1980- age 41
    Registered - 3rd June
    Appointment received- 20th June
    Vaccine - Moderna- 27th June
    Galway Racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

That thread is very enlightening. The momentum of the rollout has most definitely stalled over the course of June. Which is an even greater pity when you also throw in the HSE saying that July will be slow with only two vaccines available then.

How can it have stalled? June has been the busiest month so far. We’ve hit daily and weekly records for number of vaccines administered.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

YOB 1979
    Registered June 4th
    Appointment received June 18th
    Appointment June 20th 6pm

In and out of the Helix today in 21 minutes, really impressive set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Onto day 34 without a second dose for the mother in Cork City. HSE have 'escalated' her whatever that means, still no sign.

At this stage I would be just showing up at the vaccination centre and showing them the card when she got her first dose . I taught 5 weeks was the max one could go between a dose .

harr wrote: »
    At this stage I would be just showing up at the vaccination centre and showing them the card when she got her first dose . I taught 5 weeks was the max one could go between a dose .
    She'd be very 'to the book' unfortunately so she said no way when I suggested

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I was impressed with the set up in the Helix today - in and out in about 35 mins, which includes the 15 minute waiting window.

For those curious about it: When I first got there, I was directed to one of ten parallel columns inside a marquee tent. Each column was filled up up to approximately fifteen people with columns being emptied between one and two minutes in a round-robin fashion. So that means I was waiting a little over ten minutes before my columns was emptied. Staff came down the column as you waited, asking your name, appointment time, PPSN and date of birth.

When your column entered the building you were diverted into one of two queues to "check in" with up to ten people in each queue. When you got to the top of this queue, you went to one of ten booths where they checked your name, PPSN, date of birth, and looked at your photo ID. You were then given a booklet about the vaccination and told to go around the corner to the main hall. This part took only a few minutes.

This final queue was waiting for a free vaccine booth. I was only waiting a couple of minutes here. An attendant showed you which direction to go and the vaccinator made themselves clear. Mine was very friendly and again she double-checked my details. She asked the consent questions, whether I had had Covid and if I was left- or right-handed. The jab itself then was very quick and painless and the whole process took a couple of minutes. She filled out my vaccination card and the time I should wait for the observation window.

After that, it was back to the foyer where you sat for fifteen minutes - you were again directed to a free seat by more friendly staff. Nobody checked if you stayed the fifteen minutes but I figured I may as well. Then I just left and went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭sheepondrugs

Anyone in the 40 to 43 bracket heard from city west yet?
    42 registered 04/06/21. heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

1978 and still no appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubmel

Would anyone know whether they are administering Pfizer in the Aviva today?

I'm 42 and have an appointment for my first dose on Thursday, but due to fly out exactly 28 days later so wondering if there is any way to get both doses a few days earlier...
    (I checked the history of this thread but couldn't see anyone with an Aviva appointment for today or tomorrow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

dubmel wrote: »
    Would anyone know whether they are administering Pfizer in the Aviva today?

I'm 42 and have an appointment for my first dose on Thursday, but due to fly out exactly 28 days later so wondering if there is any way to get both doses a few days earlier...
    (I checked the history of this thread but couldn't see anyone with an Aviva appointment for today or tomorrow)

Pfizer in the helix if you wanted to chance your arm (no pun intended) there.

Advertisement