Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Where can you watch the daily briefings. Either online or through a player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Schools are off, will jump up immensely when there back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What part of today's numbers are 'misleading'?

The last week cases have been significantly greater than swabs.
    One day of cases less than swabs and suddenly it's 'misleading'???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So Tony was wrong. Awful for the people forced out of work.

Shame the government didn’t stick to level 3.
    I thought you were against level 3?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Farcical to be at level 5 with 400 cases. These exponential growth lunatics are never right.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

L5 working well. Fair play to Tony H

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Jimson wrote: »

You'd see no impact of schools in the numbers for the week just gone, next week you would (if any)

Cases this week seeded at least 7 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

As has been pointed out to you multiple times, you'll see no impact of L5 measures until next week at earliest. Too early yet.

This is L3 with no mixing and the threat of 5 which probably changed behaviours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Jimson wrote: »

Exposure to positive is 7 days or more

Next week cases will drop even more with schools off, not up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Can't believe that some people don't want to accept some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

How? L5 won’t kick in until next week.

I agree with it as a circuit break tactic but we will not see L5 numbers until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

So Tony was wrong. Awful for the people forced out of work.

Shame the government didn’t stick to level 3.

They seemed fairly certain last evening that level 3 might have slowed growth or keep at certain level but wouldn't have suppressed virus enough

Ficheall wrote: »
    I thought you were against level 3?

I am. But 5 is way over hysterical.
    Thousands out of work and thousands of upset kids tonight with Halloween cancelled.

The government and NPHET didn’t even want level 3.

Tony came back demanding level 5 based on his flawed models. He was wrong again.

Should really step down at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

That is an absolutely colossal drop, as much of a farce as these restrictions are, at least we will be out of this much quicker than other countries who were much more relaxed during the Summer. I'm still against anything above level 3 but our overly cautious response might actually prove beneficial for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Ironhead93 wrote: »
    That is an absolutely colossal drop, as much of a farce as these restrictions are, at least we will be out of this much quicker than other countries.

We won't be "out of this" until there's a vaccine, no matter what anybody says.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Can't believe that some people don't want to accept some good news.

Its going the right way, I'm just weary of getting too excited too soon. Certainly better than where we were 10 days ago, long may it last.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Level 3 might have been more successful if we'd not had the stupidity of the GAA parties, and communion/confirmation events, and when only Dublin was level 3, the local pubs around here were rammed with visitors from Dublin who thought they were invulnerable.

Didn't work that way though, which helped push Meath to second highest county in the country.

UK about to announce national lockdown very similar to here in terms of what's closed and what's open. Will be interesting to see how that affects things, and if NI follows their lead

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Exposure to positive is 7 days or more

Next week cases will drop even more with schools off, not up

Be interesting to see if the incidence rate in school aged children will increase or decrease as a proportion of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What are swab numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Gael23 wrote: »
    What are swab numbers?

We've had a few days where cases are significantly above swab numbers, so we were due a low number of cases .........but it's only one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Level 3 might have been more successful if we'd not had the stupidity of the GAA parties, and communion/confirmation events, and when only Dublin was level 3, the local pubs around here were rammed with visitors from Dublin who thought they were invulnerable.

Didn't work that way though, which helped push Meath to second highest county in the country.

UK about to announce national lockdown very similar to here in terms of what's closed and what's open. Will be interesting to see how that affects things, and if NI follows their lead

Sky news were saying earlier that Scotland, NI, and Wales will likely not go with England and they’ve been tightening restrictions themselves recently. So I’d say NI will stay with what they’ve been doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

The weather forum here is usually always spot on.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058127399

Looks like there's a cold spell on the way and there's potential for a 2010 type of cold snap.

I mean like this is going to be a back of sh1te altogether all around. For people and for businesses alike. Retailers are probably hoping for a busy December. People are probably hoping to shop for Christmas. If we get snowed in after our level 5 lockdown, this will surely put a nail in the coffin for many peoples plans for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Ivor cummins becoming famous for being stupid.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1322518664223039488?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Be nice to have all of the Europe on a 14 day average of 25 per 100k or below.

I wonder by the end of this wave, will any countries keep below this level consistently or is it far too low to hope for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

owlbethere wrote: »
    The weather forum here is usually always spot on.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058127399

Looks like there's a cold spell on the way and there's potential for a 2010 type of cold snap.

I mean like this is going to be a back of sh1te altogether all around. For people and for businesses alike. Retailers are probably hoping for a busy December. People are probably hoping to shop for Christmas. If we get snowed in after our level 5 lockdown, this will surely put a nail in the coffin for many peoples plans for Christmas.

Long range weather forecast spot on!!! You can put a spin on anything, I hope your job involves promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

After just over a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

adam88 wrote: »
    Where can you watch the daily briefings. Either online or through a player?

There’s only bi weekly briefings now. Usually Tuesday and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Farcical to be at level 5 with 400 cases. These exponential growth lunatics are never right.

I mean...except for every country where they were right. Which was any country that didn't lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

What part of today's numbers are 'misleading'?

The last week cases have been significantly greater than swabs.
    One day of cases less than swabs and suddenly it's 'misleading'???

Ah I just meant we shouldn't read too much into one day, particularly when swabs were a couple of hundred higher. Anyway, I think we are all agreed the trend is positive and it has been for the past 14 days. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement