Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

You also could get seriously ill from one of Bandit Luke’s food deliveries. I’m extremely concerned that he is most likely doing this without proper HAACP procedures in place or EHO oversight. Ecoli or the like could easily kill elderly/ vuenerable people.

You know this for a fact do you? Marvellous abilities you have there.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭trapp

Sarcasm my poor friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

You also could get seriously ill from one of Bandit Luke’s food deliveries. I’m extremely concerned that he is most likely doing this without proper HAACP procedures in place or EHO oversight. Ecoli or the like could easily kill elderly/ vuenerable people.

He is probably one of the many comunity such as the GAA volunteers bringing meals covered up or shopping to those at risk or cocooning.

Since you are concerned abot Health and Safety of the the transport of food, you should reach out to them too

khalessi wrote: »
    He is probably one of the many comunity such as the GAA volunteers bringing meals covered up or shopping to those at risk or cocooning.

Since you are concerned abot Health and Safety of the the transport of food, you should reach out to them too

I think the poster was implying sarcasm given how risk averse our poor old friend luke the bandit is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

road_high wrote: »
    Which shows what a waste of time a lockdown is and it's futile to continue it in its current form. It's run its course, enough damage has been done. The cuts coming down the track I'm not sure people have comprehended yet. My local Council is down €8 million already in rates- social housing and other services will be obliterated on those figures.
    Replicate that across central government etc and you may get an idea of the challenge ahead.
    Dublin City Council down over €100 million in revenue from rates, etc.
    Unless councils country wide are to get a bailout too, they will be laying off staff, closing libraries, cutting grass, no budget for social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

trapp wrote: »
    Dear oh dear you're still here my poor old chum.

Luke my man life cannot be lived without risk.

If we choose to stay at home for fear of everything that may happen we'd never open the bedroom door.

Life is short for everybody. Even if you stay at home forever you will still die.

Forgive people for wanting to live rather than sit inside watching the TV, we'll all be 6 foot under for long enough.

The measures in place are needed to slow the spread of the virus for a short while to allow us to prepare to live with the virus.

We need to start doing this now, slowly but surely, as there might never be a vaccine.

And I'm still waiting for your response my poor friend to my question.

Why do you think, despite all the evidence, that the virus has a greater impact on children and young people rather than our older population?

Reality is you're peddling negative nonsense my poor man.

Could you be any more patronising?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Unelected CMO

I posed a question and am awaiting an answer. Thank you for your concern

I'm probably not the only one but still in a minority here... but for my family our complete lockdown at our house started essentially March 12th due to close contact with my father who later tested positive. I've been out shopping 3 times, as there was issues with online orders. One of the times I spent 5 hours walking back and forth to get groceries as I was the only one able to do the shopping and couldn't carry it all.

Today I'm feeling truly the worst of it, after buildup this week, not from the virus itself, but from a mental health point of view. Working from home has benefits but 6 weeks of it has me in the edge. Combined with a screaming toddler in the terrible 2s, limited social interaction and pregnant wife I am really feeling down and out. I'm not going to suddenly ignore restrictions in place, but it absolutely infuriates me the lack of respect and complacency in our area. I fear another extension in the cards as some people haven't done enough.

I sympathise with your situation and admire you for what you have been doing and intend continuing to do.
    It is clearly the case that if and when an extension of the current restrictions is announced next week it will be down to the actions of people like those you have mentioned in your post and no doubt they will scream blue murder at the government, the NPHET, "lockdown Nazis" etc, etc. etc. instead of looking in the mirror at themselves and seeing the culprits.

Sarcasm my poor friend.

Are you sure about that pal?

Are you sure about that pal?

I thought.

Maybe not on reading further posts.

Well done to the bandit luke for delivering food.

But he is too negative about the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ongarite wrote: »
    Dublin City Council down over €100 million in revenue from rates, etc.
    Unless councils country wide are to get a bailout too, they will be laying off staff, closing libraries, cutting grass, no budget for social housing.

A bailout from whom? There seems to be a widely held delusion among many that the money markets will keep lending us cheap money just because we need it.
    They may initially, but the longer and deeper this gets the harder that will be. If we continue on this path of obliteration then the consequences will be dire. St tony and co will be fine- it’ll be the small business owners and middle income earners that will be decimated. I’m shocked (but not surprised) our useless media have nothing to say about this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jackboy

VonLuck wrote: »
    Where's the logic there? The majority of the population are following the restrictions, but because a minority are flaunting the guidelines it's a waste of time? :confused:

The restrictions are only useful if there is a plan. As far as I can see there is no plan so the restrictions need to be never ending unless some solution just comes along. Such a solution, such as a vaccine could happen in the next year or two but the probability and timelines are not close to be known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

A bailout from whom? There seems to be a widely held delusion among many that the money markets will keep lending us cheap money just because we need it.
    They may initially, but the longer and deeper this gets the harder that will be. If we continue on this path of obliteration then the consequences will be dire. St tony and co will be fine- it’ll be the small business owners and middle income earners that will be decimated. I shocked (but not surprised) our useless media have nothing to say about this

Don't worry the experts on here will prescribe anyone who loses their business or job with a round of Netflix to make everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Yup compliance is very high amongst the general population

It's going to be very hard for the government to sell more of "You're doing so so well, flattening the curve, R0 below 1, saving lives, hospital cases falling, ICU cases falling but its not enough. Here's another 2,3,4 weeks extension before we can think of relaxing any restictions

Another 2,3,4 weeks of not seeing friends, family, those in relationships

Come 5th of May it will have been 53 days of restrictions

Seeing the mass graves in Brazil, Mary Lou describing the agony of trying to open her eyelids, the horror stories from Nursing homes, Boris still not being fit to return fully to work, the eerie funeral processions along roadways etc makes cautious action guided by medical advice a very easy proposition among the vast majority.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Don't worry the experts on here will prescribe anyone who loses their business or job with a round of Netflix to make everything better.

And a #staythe****athome

Does anyone wonder how people may have to pay for said home?

Seamai wrote: »
    Vitamin D deficiency is quite common in Ireland particularly during the winter when we get so little sun, unless we are eating oily fish several times a week (I doubt many of us do) we will struggle to get enough, it's an issue for all ages.

But very particularly in older people who tend to keep themselves covered up a lot for their own cosmetic reasons.

Downlinz wrote: »
    Seeing the mass graves in Brazil, Mary Lou describing the agony of trying to open her eyelids, the horror stories from Nursing homes, Boris still not being fit to return fully to work, the eerie funeral processions along roadways etc makes cautious action guided by medical advice a very easy proposition among the vast majority.

Wouldn't believe a word out of her mouth for a start

Didn’t watch her or the late late covid show. Enough misery and covid mania all week without watching more of that rubbish on a Friday night

She was diagnosed with post viral pleurisy after contracting the Covid-19 virus. Are you claiming that she lied about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

And a #staythe****athome

Does anyone wonder how people may have to pay for said home?

I think they just give them away. Don't you know they just sprout from the ground?

• Advertisement

She was diagnosed with post viral pleurisy after contracting the Covid-19 virus. Are you claiming that she lied about this?

I wouldn’t worry about that pleurisy too much, had it enough times myself. Easily cleared with the aul antibiotics. It’s the hit on more vital bits like the alveoli that would concern me. Pleurisy gets attention because of the dramatic stabbing pain, but in most cases it’s totally benign and just the tell-tale of a patch of bacterial pneumonia that will respond readily to treatment. I’m just saying that here for anyone who’s unexpectedly struck with it and gets scared.

Considering she continues to tell us Gerry Adams wasn’t in the IRA, I have trouble with her credibility in general

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She was on the radio with Yates the other day, I didn't know who it was thought it was someone senior in the HSE she came across very well and likeable the same with tubs last night. Not a hope I'd vote for the local Sinn Fein guy but from listening to her twice recently I'd feel a lot better if she was in charge rather than Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭JRant

So looks like there was some sort of air survey being carried out over Dublin earlier today. A plane was flying a grid pattern overhead for the guts of an hour just before lunch time. Must have had government approval as we never see none commercial planes over us as we are on a direct flight path into Dublin airport.

I wonder is our new leader Tony looking for evidence other than his own anecdotes and some seismic readings to justify another 3 weeks of lockdown?
    I think another few weeks is pretty much a given at this stage for 2 reasons. 1, they don't want to lift restrictions before the UK and 2, it will help kept the heat off them over their mishandling of the nursing homes

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

She was on the radio with Yates the other day, I didn't know who it was thought it was someone senior in the HSE she came across very well and likeable the same with tubs last night. Not a hope I'd vote for the local Sinn Fein guy but from listening to her twice recently I'd feel a lot better if she was in charge rather than Tony.

I agree with you on one point there. I’d also be more comfortable with her calling the shots as despite my loathing of her party, at least she was democratically elected and therefore has considerably more right to govern the country than Cervical Tony and Wrong Model Phil do.

Considering she continues to tell us Gerry Adams wasn’t in the IRA, I have trouble with her credibility in general

I`m sure that if she was claiming that she had a condition that she didn`t have that someone in the medical profession would have contradicted her by now.

I'm saying I wouldn't believe a word she says about anything.

I`m sure that if she was claiming that she had a condition that she didn`t have that someone in the medical profession would have contradicted her by now.

She had it.

Given she didn't require hospital treatment I'm not sure she was so sick that she needs to bleat to everyone on national tv about it.

Scaremongering nonsense from the leader of a party led by an army council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'm probably not the only one but still in a minority here... but for my family our complete lockdown at our house started essentially March 12th due to close contact with my father who later tested positive. I've been out shopping 3 times, as there was issues with online orders. One of the times I spent 5 hours walking back and forth to get groceries as I was the only one able to do the shopping and couldn't carry it all.

Today I'm feeling truly the worst of it, after buildup this week, not from the virus itself, but from a mental health point of view. Working from home has benefits but 6 weeks of it has me in the edge. Combined with a screaming toddler in the terrible 2s, limited social interaction and pregnant wife I am really feeling down and out. I'm not going to suddenly ignore restrictions in place, but it absolutely infuriates me the lack of respect and complacency in our area. I fear another extension in the cards as some people haven't done enough.

We've actually smashed the targets set out, R0 is down to around 0.5. Both the numbers of people in intensive care and the number of hospital admissions have been declining for weeks. Professor Nolan said "since early April the growth rate of new cases was effectively zero". So from that, I would say that we have done enough and that we need to get back to a certain level of normality using social distancing, to avoid a spike in deaths from non-COVID related illnesses and suicide.

• Advertisement

Are you familiar with medical privacy rules? Anybody could claim they had anything and there isn’t a Dr. anywhere who’d openly contradict them as it would be a clear breach of those laws.

Perfect example- a doctor can sign you off sick without stating a reason and the only recourse for the employer is to request an occupational health assessment. Even in that situation the Occupational Health Doctor can only confirm (in their opinion) whether you are fit to work or not. They can’t tell your employer what you do or don’t have

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement