Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

How people behave this weekend will play a huge part in the lifting of restrictions.

The seismic activity data will be analysed early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Let them see them as in through windows or actually visit people’s houses?

Actually visit peoples houses for me, but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    How people behave this weekend will play a huge part in the lifting of restrictions.

People are going back to work though.

Companies who had work from home are now having small numbers of staff return.

A lot of them are getting ready to reopen as well in some form, so cleaners in etc.

This was fine for a couple of weeks but companies need to start getting people back in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

easypazz wrote: »
    Not everywhere relies on the car park though, Kilkee has a lot of residential streets nearby where people can park. You could have 5000 people milling around providing ample photo ops for the twitter shamers.

If the guards can police a 2KM restriction to whatever extent they have, they can surely police the areas that are likely to suffer from "idiot-swamping".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Yes. Longer if required

Going to say that you're in the minority there, most sane and rational people wouldn't be willing to bear another 2 months of this lockdown and to ask them to do so would be very unreasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Hopefully we are good little children so that the teacher doesn't give us another detention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

robbiezero wrote: »
    If the guards can police a 2KM restriction to whatever extent they have, they can surely police the areas that are likely to suffer from "idiot-swamping".

Depends on what the rules are though.

If they say you can travel 50kM then it allows a lot of localish people to go to the beach on a Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I constantly see people who cannot understand that action taken to mitigate a problem resulting in a positive outcome does not mean that problem never existed. Y2K needs to be added to curricula worldwide since it's the perfect way of teaching this concept. "What a waste of money! Nothing happened at midnight!" is the exact same as saying "What a waste of money! ICU isn't even full!". Massive effort is sometimes required to avoid disaster.

It's remarkable how grown adults cannot connect the dots and realise the problem was avoided. It seems that every successful proactive measure taken in the history of humanity has had some guy pipe up and say "Sure nothing happened! What was the point?!" while everyone else stands around awkwardly feeling sorry for his parents.

Absolutely. Some genius on this forum stated the other day that the Y2k threat was a load of scaremongering, a load of hype over nothing etc.. You have to shake your head at people with this sort of mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I’ll answer that: as Bandit most likely doesn’t have a job and relies on the State to fund him, dwelling in his council house basement posting on boards all day and trying to tell people what to do has most likely been the most fun he’s had in years.

So yeah, I’d say the lockdown is his happy place

I don't have a job because of the virus yes but I'm delivering food for the elderly and those with physical disabilities 3 days a week for 4 hrs a day, in my own car.

We live in a council house but no council houses have basements as far as I know so incorrect there. What's wrong with council houses BTW?

I've lost money on a small investment because of the virus also but that's life and I value life more than money unlike yourself I'd say.

Is that all you have of have you anything else to add.

I’ll answer that: as Bandit most likely doesn’t have a job and relies on the State to fund him, dwelling in his council house basement posting on boards all day and trying to tell people what to do has most likely been the most fun he’s had in years.

So yeah, I’d say the lockdown is his happy place

I don't have a job because of the virus yes but I'm delivering food for the elderly and those with physical disabilities 3 days a week for 4 hrs a day, in my own car.

We live in a council house but no council houses have basements as far as I know so incorrect there. What's wrong with council houses BTW?

I've lost money on a small investment because of the virus also but that's life and I value life more than money unlike yourself I'd say.

Is that all you have of have you anything else to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

There are always ****ing eejits that ignore expert advice.

A lot of you sound like the same ****ing eejits that were calling for the likes of Morgan Kelly and David McWilliams to be "silenced" because they were "talking down" the economy back in 2008 when they correctly called the recession.

The people who ignored them were the same ones who blindly listened to Bertie and co. The equivalent is today is following advice from unelected Dr's of Doom.
    Some of us have now, and had then , functioning brain cells to question the narrative we were given.
    We have 2 weeks of pointless restrictions now. Restrictions which are of no health benefit as of last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

People are going back to work though.

Companies who had work from home are now having small numbers of staff return.

A lot of them are getting ready to reopen as well in some form, so cleaners in etc.

This was fine for a couple of weeks but companies need to start getting people back in the office.

We'll be opening up to work and a few shops.

But if anyone expects fun stuff - Pubs, Cinemas and Restaurants to be opened in the next few weeks, keep dreaming.

Going to say that you're in the minority there, most sane and rational people wouldn't be willing to bear another 2 months of this lockdown and to ask them to do so would be very unreasonable.

Saving lives is never irrational. Most sane people would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

We have 2 weeks of pointless restrictions now. Restrictions which are of no health benefit as of last week.

There is probably no health benefit to you or I following them but I presume the benefit is in not having hospitals over run. If we had done nothing we would be in a very different place

Tony cervicalcheck Holohan.

Time to muzzle him.

No doubt you will be the first in line to do it yeah? What a hero.:rolleyes:

Absolutely. Some genius on this forum stated the other day that the Y2k threat was a load of scaremongering, a load of hype over nothing etc.. You have to shake your head at people with this sort of mentality.

That was me. In the Y2K bug a small number of software programmes had potential issues that were addressed easily. The point I was making was that people were lead believe that banks would fail, hospital equipment would fail, people were advised to stock pile food and water in the UK. Now if you think that was an appropriate response to a non issue in 1999 I hope you dont lay eggs

It's a sad state of affairs where a man is abused for having a couple of pints with his friends.

Welcome to the Ireland of the Lockdown Nazis

Especially when this imaginary drinking session never took place other than in said poster`s head.

khalessi wrote: »
    There is probably no health benefit to you or I following them but I presume the benefit is in not having hospitals over run. If we had done nothing we would be in a very different place

Your talking past tense here. What health benefits will exist as of today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The people who ignored them were the same ones who blindly listened to Bertie and co. The equivalent is today is following advice from unelected Dr's of Doom.
    Some of us have now, and had then , functioning brain cells to question the narrative we were given.

And from your posts here, you were probably one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully fines start getting handed out like other more responsible countries had. That'll put some of the selfish idiots back in line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

titan18 wrote: »
    Hopefully fines start getting handed out like other more responsible countries had. That'll put some of the selfish idiots back in line

Bring back hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

6 lads sitting around a couple of metres apart, in an area with no cases, none of them expressing symptoms, having been following the rules for over a month.

If its that contagious we are all screwed.

you lack basic understanding of how the virus spreads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Especially when this imaginary drinking session never took place other than in said poster`s head.

I've worked in pubs mostly non stop since 1996, I know a lot of publicans in Dublin and I can tell you its happening. Maybe not that guy that you are talking about but its definitely happening. One pub near me is only closed in the sense that the shutters on the front are closed, the entrance at the back lane is open for regulars. I had a few pints myself on Thursday but the owner was strict about social distance and hygiene

And from your posts here, you were probably one of them.

No my posts suggest I research stuff for myself and can question whats its front of me. Following advice without question is the attitude that allowed the church and laundries to commit atrocities for decades in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think the government are on the edge of pushing their luck with the people.

They just keep on announcing high numbers every day and have the public in a state of panic / want to give up on this. Why are numbers high again - when will they be low. Can you get this walking outside ? What is low growth ? when will this end ?

Countries at a similar point to us have plans now to start opening up again and they are going on as if - if we are not good boys and girls - more to come as we were bold.

I've worked in pubs mostly non stop since 1996, I know a lot of publicans in Dublin and I can tell you its happening. Maybe not that guy that you are talking about but its definitely happening. One pub near me is only closed in the sense that the shutters on the front are closed, the entrance at the back lane is open for regulars. I had a few pints myself on Thursday but the owner was strict about social distance and hygiene

And its people like you that means the rest of us doing our best will be in lockdown that much longer.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Your talking past tense here. What health benefits will exist as of today?

If they had nothing today the hospitals would be over run. They have done something and they are not. Now we have to come out of this and the question is how to proceed to continue to maintain hospitals not over run.

We will come out of this, the world eventually went back to normal after other pandemics and we will here too, just a question of the next step

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If people have started going out and about in greater numbers I don't see how that trend can be reversed, are people all of a sudden going to just stay indoors en masse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

as a results we get our economy crippled by the lockdown without the benefits of stopping the spread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement