Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

kevcos wrote: »
    Its a Rickroll link right?!
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I feel what Ireland needs is a national address by Leo.

There has been no real strong stern message on this and social isolation needed. The one from USA wasnt enough and wasnt taken serious

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think so.
    There have been quite a few cases of people becoming reinfected seemingly
    No strong evidence yet that ?sufficient? antibodies are being produced, being investigated worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Indeed , nothing short of miraculous.

Do you believe in miracles ? Not being flippant here, but I simply find it very hard to understand how they managed.

Totally Agree.

All over Europe Governments seem to be saying we can't stop this we can only slow it down yet we accept that the Chineese have brought it to a halt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Ahhh Good Friday Part Two.

Fcuking tourist assholes. They are by far the larger sect in Temple Bar. Walking around Grafton St and Temple Bar yesterday, it was predominantly tourists out and about. Unbelievably irresponsible to allow tourists in to wander around. Flights and tourist hangouts need to close from tonight, just for the few weeks it takes to get through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

niallo27 wrote: »
    We all lockdown and reverse the incline and then what the lockdown is lifted and it all starts again. I know it will give our health systems more time but it's just a vicious circle every time. A lockdown is pointless.

It's not pointless because it allows our health system time as you say. If it is overwhelmed then more people will die. There is simply not the capacity to treat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

pawdee wrote:
    Au contraire bon jour! A public display of ignorance by you there PJ. It's a Flann O' Brien reference. Heard of him? Ireland's greatest ever comic writer. Oh well.

Well now your talking French!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Indeed , nothing short of miraculous.

Do you believe in miracles ? Not being flippant here, but I simply find it very hard to understand how they managed.

They quarantined the country. That’s how they managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Would I be safe to assume I have no chance of a dentist tomorrow? Risk to patient / dentist too much ?
    Problem tooth resurfaced in the past couple of days .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Surely it’s only a matter of time before all Uk travel will be banned with them looking to infect 45 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

ZX7R wrote: »
    There is no colour coding.
    It was just used as a click bate by a so called journalist.

There is colour coding.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

morgana wrote: »
    Warning! I have no idea how true or trustworthy this article is:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/elderly-quarantined-four-months-war-time-style-plans-battle-coronavirus-12399289/?fbclid=IwAR19lEwuVR8QYLLDOke64xrjpQVaEWxpWCvq9K8Nl-pJwGXnMJFcAOfsoz8

Allegedly the UK's latest idea to fight the virus. If that's true it is the most outrageous thing I've seen so far. Everybody else carry on and we just keep the elderly in and confined telling them what to do like little children

I'm sure he's doing it for their own good, this way they have time to get used to being in a coffin forever.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Apologies if this is already posted but the HSE are reaching out to Civil Servants for temp reassignment of staff for contact tracing for mobilisation in the coming days and weeks. Shifts expected to be available between 8AM to 10PM, 7 days a week for next two weeks, at least. Looks like I could be doing this work. Will know more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

We have just 6 ICU beds/ventilators per 100,000 people

Italy have 12.5

Germany have 30

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-frontline-health-professionals-likely-to-face-dilemmas-1.4202299%3fmode=amp

We knew from the end of January that this virus attacks the lungs and ventilators are required.

We need at least 2000 more ICU beds and ventilators. It was reported here that we have ordered only 60 and they take up to 6 weeks to arrive if we get them at all.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/medics-raise-concerns-about-staffing-levels-as-hse-stocks-up-on-ventilators-1.4201544%3fmode=amp

If the above is true it is a large failing on the HSE’s staff. Healthy people will die and people will be accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Fcuking tourist assholes. They are by far the larger sect in Temple Bar. Walking around Grafton St and Temple Bar yesterday, it was predominantly tourists out and about. Unbelievably irresponsible to allow tourists in to wander around. Flights and tourist hangouts need to close from tonight, just for the few weeks it takes to get through this.
    In a few weeks, we will be in a world of hurt. Make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Danno wrote: »
    All the nazel gazing going on on Social Media is laughable. Apparently airports wide open, seaports wide open, supermarkets full of people fighting over the last pack of bog roll isn't a problem, the lad down the boozer is going to bring it all down. Jesus wept.

Have you stopped going to the pub Danno?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Would I be safe to assume I have no chance of a dentist tomorrow? Risk to patient / dentist too much ?
    Problem tooth resurfaced in the past couple of days .

Same boat, I am holding off for now...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Watching a half-marathon on Sky News, bit of a joke. Streets are packed, lashing rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

My employer informed us last Tuesday that if we close for a few weeks he won't be able to open the doors again. Bankruptcy.

Eventually the virus will pass but the after effects will live on
    He is a genuine and nice guy.
    Worrying times ahead for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Same boat, I am holding off for now...

Still open but not for long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

PCeeeee wrote: »
    It's not pointless because it allows our health system time as you say. If it is overwhelmed then more people will die. There is simply not the capacity to treat them.

People will die anyway, how long should we go into lockdown for. A month, 6 months, a year. We will run out of money, mass lay offs. Imagine the suicide rates after this for a country that really struggles with mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I’m paranoid about every bit of contact now but I assume it’s safe to go outside for a walk with my friend while practicing social distancing of course. I need fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

In a lockdown scenario for the republic would there be anything stopping me driving up the north where the pubs should still be open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

leahyl wrote: »
    I’m paranoid about every bit of contact now but I assume it’s safe to go outside for a walk with my friend while practicing social distancing of course. I need fresh air.

Of course

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

People will die anyway, how long should we go into lockdown for. A month, 6 months, a year. We will run out of money, mass lay offs. Imagine the suicide rates after this for a country that really struggles with mental health issues.

If we can slow and delay it as much as possible it gives time for treatments to come on stream. That’s the hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

wellwhynot wrote: »
    We have just 6 ICU beds/ventilators per 100,000 people

Italy have 12.5

Germany have 30

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-frontline-health-professionals-likely-to-face-dilemmas-1.4202299%3fmode=amp

We knew from the end of January that this virus attacks the lungs and ventilators are required.

We need at least 2000 more ICU beds and ventilators. It was reported here that we have ordered only 60 and they take up to 6 weeks to arrive if we get them at all.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/medics-raise-concerns-about-staffing-levels-as-hse-stocks-up-on-ventilators-1.4201544%3fmode=amp

If the above is true it is a large failing on the HSE’s staff. Healthy people will die and people will be accountable.

Criminal negligence after years of HSE/Govt neglect. Them stats are horrifiying. Italy are reporting large numbers of young people presenting as seriously ill.

Doctors will have to make some very sad decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You are just getting worse.

"People will die anyway"

You should be afcukingshamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

fits wrote: »
    My husband is in bed with a dose. I’m like are you freaking kidding me? He’s in an office with someone who was contact traced on Friday.

. We were at an outpatient appt with my mum on Thursday.

No cough. Temp low 37s

Just to update on this. He’s fine today. Never had a temperature or cough. The person in his office was told to isolate as their family member was in contact with a confirmed positive. That confirmed positive was on Thursday and husband hadn’t seen office person much after Monday. I don’t think it could jump that quickly from person to person.

We didn’t contact HSE as on balance of probabilities it’s not COVID and they are stretched enough already. It’s a lesson though In how easy it is to get caught out even when taking precautions. We will be extra careful from now on with our parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Plenty of folks out walking. Lovely and fresh, keep the distance!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

That's no problem at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement