Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Why then were Harris and Coveny telling us we cannot shut down our borders due to Eu rules?
    Deflecting and lying. Public health emergencies over which the EU has no role, trump everything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Why then were Harris and Coveny telling us we cannot shut down our borders due to Eu rules?

Brussels runs Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Every pub has a secret knock.

Definitely.

Hernandos Hideaway!!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

dodzy wrote: »
    I'm betting the sign will be posted here in the next.........

Let's see how fast it travels.

Yeah given the amount of people taking pictures of it, that would make me think theres something in that notice that's not from the pub itself. People wouldn't be taking photos if it just said pub closed.

Soon see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

lawred2 wrote: »
    Herd immunisation isn't a thing without vaccination.

The catching of the virus itself should immunize you against catching the same strain again.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Australia isn’t warm right now. Middle of autumn

Autumn in Aussie started on the first of March. It's only just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Yeah given the amount of people taking pictures of it, that would make me think theres something in that notice that's not from the pub itself. People wouldn't be taking photos if it just said pub closed.

Soon see.

Pretty iconic photo if it said due to covid19 temple bar is closed id take a pic of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The head of the Restaurants Association of Ireland has said he expects an announcement today regarding the closure of pubs and restaurants to stem the spread of Covid-19.

Speaking on RTÉ's Weekend On One, Adrian Cummins said the government needs to trigger a lockdown on their sector, as they want to play their part in stopping the spread of the coronavirus.

He said restaurants are ready for this, there will be a lot of pain for business owners, but it's better to get it out of the way sooner than later. He said many are wondering whether to stay open or not, and wanted to see the Government provide a decision on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

All the pubs in Newbridge are closing at 6pm today. All sticking it up on their FB page. Delighted. Shows social responsibility over business needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Spook_ie wrote: »

The catching of the virus itself should immunize you against catching the same strain again.

You don't know that, you could get reinfected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Just watching the live cam at Templebar, the punters dont know what to do with themselves once they realise the place is shut down.. Good enough, the eejits ruined it for everyone last night, it was such a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Soon see.

Whatever it says that place must be absolutely riddled with the virus

That place would need a surgical deep clean after yesterdays crowds alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

What they said was talking out of context.
    That was in relation to trade and free movement.
    Any EU country can close there borders if they seem to be in a state of emergency.
    Our government didn't view our situation as such

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Sadly, the world is full of assholes. Most people are probably aware of the Johns Hopkins University dashboard which has become one of the primary sources of authoritative information on COVID 19.

Unfortunately some malicious people have sought to piggyback on this by creating near copies which attempt to install a computer virus by prompting the user to download and install an executable.

The bottom line is that the Johns Hopkins University dashboard does not contain any malware. If any web applications prompts you to download anything, do not use them. Full details here:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/coronavirus-downloadable-malware-map-app-clarification

I’m aware of the various ironies of posting a link purporting to warn of a malicious virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

yeah but to do herd immunity properly or more to the point morally you vaccinate the vulnerable 1st then let it spread

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Anyone know if any protocols are now in place and being enforce on sanitising all personal phones of hospital staff on entry and subsequently.

I know from personal observation that use of personal phones whilst on duty was very widespread. With increase concerns regarding children's childcare and at risk relatives the practice has probably increased.

Like the postman in detective stories it was so much part of the everyday that it might not have been perceived as the risk vector it is. Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's been addressed.

Staff need to be able to check on family, management need to ensure it can be done safely for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

What will banks do for people if the worst hits I I'm self employed and will have no work for at least 3 months I'd say. In healthcare. I rang aib and what they offered me was a 3month moratorium on loans but they said it would ruin my credit rating and I would not be able to borrow again for 5years???????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Just watching the live cam at Templebar, the punters dont know what to do with themselves once they realise the place is shut down.

Ahhh Good Friday Part Two.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

wellwhynot wrote: »
    It was estimated we have 250 - 300. I will find the article. I posted a graph showing we have one of the lowest levels of ICU beds in Europe per capita.

Our tax rate is similar to Germany, is it not? The HSE needs to be shaken up after this. Too much money spent on admin.

In Germany, health insurance is mandatory for all workers, and is around €300p/m for a friend of mine in early 30s, so possibly more for older workers. Not the same as here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Sadly, the world is full of assholes. Most people are probably aware of the Johns Hopkins University dashboard which has become one of the primary sources of authoritative information on COVID 19.

Unfortunately some malicious people have sought to piggyback on this by creating near copies which attempt to install a computer virus by prompting the user to download and install an executable.

The bottom line is that the Johns Hopkins University dashboard does not contain any malware. If any web applications prompts you to download anything, do not use them. Full details here:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/coronavirus-downloadable-malware-map-app-clarification

I’m aware of the various ironies of posting a link purporting to warn of a malicious virus.
    Its a Rickroll link right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looney1 wrote: »
    What will banks do for people if the worst hits I I'm self employed and will have no work for at least 3 months I'd say. In healthcare. I rang aib and what they offered me was a 3month moratorium on loans but they said it would ruin my credit rating and I would not be able to borrow again for 5years???????

Dept of finance and central bank need to come down hard on **** like this, weve heard nothing from them yet which is ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Somehow you'll be hearing of shebeens and mass rocks popping up through out the country side.

Religion and Booze, imagine a planet without religion and booze, the two most dangerous cults kicked to the kirb...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think so.
    There have been quite a few cases of people becoming reinfected seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Warning! I have no idea how true or trustworthy this article is:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/elderly-quarantined-four-months-war-time-style-plans-battle-coronavirus-12399289/?fbclid=IwAR19lEwuVR8QYLLDOke64xrjpQVaEWxpWCvq9K8Nl-pJwGXnMJFcAOfsoz8

Allegedly the UK's latest idea to fight the virus. If that's true it is the most outrageous thing I've seen so far. Everybody else carry on and we just keep the elderly in and confined telling them what to do like little children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

pawdee wrote: »
    Watching this thread over the last week or so I notice so many Americanisms being used. Not so long ago if you used any of them you'd be considered a bit of an asrehole. Three examples.......

Lockdown
    Do the math
    My bad

Also, (and I don't know if this one is an Americanism) but when people finish a post with "Thoughts?" I reach for my revolver.

ORIGIN OF REVOLVER
    An Americanism dating back to 1825–35; revolve + -er1

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

morgana wrote: »
    Warning! I have no idea how true or trustworthy this article is:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/14/elderly-quarantined-four-months-war-time-style-plans-battle-coronavirus-12399289/?fbclid=IwAR19lEwuVR8QYLLDOke64xrjpQVaEWxpWCvq9K8Nl-pJwGXnMJFcAOfsoz8

Allegedly the UK's latest idea to fight the virus. If that's true it is the most outrageous thing I've seen so far. Everybody else carry on and we just keep the elderly in and confined telling them what to do like little children

10:00am called, they want their story back.

Christ man, keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think so.
    There have been quite a few cases of people becoming reinfected seemingly

I have only read of one. With over 65k people recovered wouldnt it be all over the news if these people were being reinfected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

All the nazel gazing going on on Social Media is laughable. Apparently airports wide open, seaports wide open, supermarkets full of people fighting over the last pack of bog roll isn't a problem, the lad down the boozer is going to bring it all down. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dept of finance and central bank need to come down hard on **** like this, weve heard nothing from them yet which is ridiculous.

Unless the CBI/Dept of Finance change rules then a moratorium or interest only arrangement is reported to the credit agencies. That isn't the banks fault so need to redirect your anger there a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Soon see.

Notice probably says:
    Dear customers. Due to the bumper weekend that we've just had, we would like to announce that we have made enough money to retire to a hammock on a beach in the Seychelles.
    Thanks to all you dumb fools who went against all advice and didnt give a **** about anything or anybody when you packed our pub out over the last few days.
    Enjoy the hangover. Slainte!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement