Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

That is not racist. If anything it’s speculation on my part that RTÉ wanted a black family for diversity reasons. How many times do you have to be told?
    If you think I’m being racist then report my post.
    You can say it as many times as you like. That doesn't change the facts that you speculated about things that you have no knowledge about, simply because of the colour of their skin. That, by definition, is racist.

As for reporting, you seem to forget we're on boards.ie, the preferred platform for racists and alt-right members.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Again, I haven't queried the family's qualification for the series, I've questioned that particular contestant's.

Absolutely the competition is about teamwork, and you're always going to have stronger and weaker members of teams depending on the task(s) at hand.

But she didn't even try to do the run for the plane pull (and the others didn't seem surprised, so I'm assuming that was a strategy), she didn't seem to even try at the monkey bars tonight (presumably knowing that three drops into the water meant she could carry on), and I can't remember what exactly they did with that barrels thing in the first round but I remember thinking that was bending or stretching the rules more than a little bit. And they're just the events I can remember off the top of my head.

All of these go against the spirit of the competition, IMO.

Again, I think all four members should complete all stages of the competitions where all four are competing.

You seem to be a little over-eager to find offence where I, for one, am meaning none.
    She ran part of the plane pull, then she stopped and waited. Then she ran again and caught up with them and joined in the pulling.

On the monkey bars, she appeared to be genuinely trying, and failing. The 'try three times' thing didn't give her any advantage, and was reflected in their poor time for that event.

If she broke any rules, she would presumably have been pulled up.

Isn't it amazing though how all these questions only apply to the black family, the ones that beat the white family last week. If their team is so bad, how come they beat a white Irish team last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You can say it as many times as you like. That doesn't change the facts that you speculated about things that you have no knowledge about, simply because of the colour of their skin. That, by definition, is racist.

As for reporting, you seem to forget we're on boards.ie, the preferred platform for racists and alt-right members.?

Again it’s not racist. You seem to like accusing people tonight.
    If I say that in my opinion Obafemi should be playing for Ireland instead of Mc Clean am I being racist to Mc Clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Isn't it amazing though how all these questions only apply to the black family, the ones that beat the white family last week. If their team is so bad, how come they beat a white Irish team last week?
    I give up.

I repeat, for the third time, that I was talking about a particular contestant, not their family, not their skin colour, not their race, not anything but THAT PARTICULAR CONTESTANT.

You can take your conspiracy theories to another forum, but I'm not biting any more on here.

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Guys, move on from this racism discussion please. It's not adding anything to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

She shouldn’t be allowed on the show.

Plain and simple she wasn’t fit enough.

There has to be some standard of fitness required otherwise it’s dangerous for that person.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

TV Gold

One of the funniest things i have seen in a long time was the old dear trying to get over the bales and belly flopping straight on top. Classic. Fair play to her for finishing the course. Great guts and determination.

On a sidenote, not sure what accent is worse, the nigerian accent or the west *tallaght accent on the daughter

*disclaimer
    I'm from Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jesus the Mandiangu mother shouldnt have entered. Leaving her at finish line at the start was bizarre. They cant expect to carry the 4th person.

How could they add her. She is totally unfit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think the 4 members competing should all have a good level of fitness, it seems a bit silly that there is always one member on each team who will be holding the others back and need extra help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think the 4 members competing should all have a good level of fitness, it seems a bit silly that there is always one member on each team who will be holding the others back and need extra help.

That's why the Hogans will win it. All relatively young and no weak links.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

In fairness from the little I’ve seen it’s generally a parent that’s much older with young fit off spring, I presume there are rules on what constitutes a family for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

salmocab wrote: »
    In fairness from the little I’ve seen it’s generally a parent that’s much older with young fit off spring, I presume there are rules on what constitutes a family for the show.

https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-participation/2018/0518/964396-irelands-fittest-family/

Teams must have at least one member of both genders taking part
    Teams must comprise of immediate family members
    Minimum age is 14 years old by June 2019
    The series will be filmed June - September 2019
    The decision of the production team regarding casting is final

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-participation/2018/0518/964396-irelands-fittest-family/

Teams must have at least one member of both genders taking part
    Teams must comprise of immediate family members
    Minimum age is 14 years old by June 2019
    The series will be filmed June - September 2019
    The decision of the production team regarding casting is final

It wasn't immediate family last year, was a few in laws involved

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

it wasn't right.
    Made a mockery of "FITTEST" family....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It doesn't suit lads that are heavy and very muscular either because they always struggle to get over the wall on the obstacle course.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

greenspurs wrote: »
    it wasn't right.
    Made a mockery of "FITTEST" family....

Yet they still bet a number of families to get where they were.......
    I think you miss the point of the show:
    1. To make money for the production company and all involved.
    - Secondard point would be to determine the "Fittest" family out of a group of families. They can't all be the fittest.

What exactly is the problem here - can't you all move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kippy wrote: »
    Yet they still bet a number of families to get where they were.......
    I think you miss the point of the show:
    1. To make money for the production company and all involved.
    - Secondard point would be to determine the "Fittest" family out of a group of families. They can't all be the fittest.

What exactly is the problem here - can't you all move on.

But it’s called “ Ireland’s Fittest Family “. It’s hardly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

But it’s called “ Ireland’s Fittest Family “. It’s hardly that.

The family that wins will be "irelands fittest family" - you get that right?
    (and obviosuly within the constraints of the show)
    (ie not really irelands fittest family)

It wasn't immediate family last year, was a few in laws involved
    In the main show? Are you mixing it up with the 'celeb' edition that they did?

In the main show? Are you mixing it up with the 'celeb' edition that they did?

No there were definitely in laws, I think one family who had a very impressive older gentleman were one.

Must be getting harder to get families for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

No there were definitely in laws, I think one family who had a very impressive older gentleman were one.

Are you sure? I thought it was two separate families. One was the finnegan-hogans and the other were either just the Finnegans or the Hogans. They were related (cousins, in-laws, something to that effect) but were two separate families iirc.

Anyway, on this year I think that swimming family (Donnachas) will win

• Advertisement

Which family?

mojesius wrote: »
    Are you sure? I thought it was two separate families. One was the finnegan-hogans and the other were either just the Finnegans or the Hogans. They were related (cousins, in-laws, something to that effect) but were two separate families iirc.

Anyway, on this year I think that swimming family (Donnachas) will win

I cant remember, and I might well be wrong. It doesnt really matter anyways.

Its a great show, only really getting going now. all three families on Sunday were good and worth going through.

It all comes down to what ridiculous location/challenge they come up with for the final this year, the abseiling one was a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Got the cold today so I can really feel the effort that is taken out of them doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fair play to them all imo .
    Just goes to show how any of the obstacles can destroy their hopes of finishing first .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Only 2 posts on tonight.

Poor performances from the elders once more. You have these young boys pumped up on testosterone dragging their mothers onto the show and them in their old age after pumping out 2 or 3 children 20 years ago. Any team that has parents that are actually fit would win. The most intense exercise some of them parents have done is a walk down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

Some real poor families this year. Carrying a parent when really you need someone who has some sort of fitness.

It’s like they randomly pick families without doing some fitness test

The father last night was gased after crossing the beam and over bars

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone watching tonight ?
    Well done to the Dinans (?) for being the first family through . The father done an amazing job hanging tough .

Was it just me or was Anna's make up a little OTT? She's a great coach and a great role model, but she looked like she was off to a wedding or a night out.

I was sure the Hogans were gone after the first two rounds, but they pulled it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Dinan's could win it with the 3 lads so physically strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was it just me or was Anna's make up a little OTT? She's a great coach and a great role model, but she looked like she was off to a wedding or a night out.

I was sure the Hogans were gone after the first two rounds, but they pulled it back.

Was going to post the same re her hair & makeup! Also, she kept going on about her winning!

Advertisement