Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Andrew00 wrote: »
    How is that racist? You're the probably the type of fella that goes out protesting with the climate change crowd in Dublin with the purple/green hair and crying + whinging about everything

Grow up

He should withdraw the allegation too and I think he knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

He should withdraw the allegation too and I think he knows that.

If it was a white family with a mother who could hardly run they wouldn't be calling people who say the aul wan isn't fit "racist"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How is that racist? You're the probably the type of fella that goes out protesting with the climate change crowd in Dublin with the purple/green hair and crying + whinging about everything

Grow up

Says one of the dolts peddling a diversity conspiracy

What racist snide remark?
    Have the balls to answer.

Why did you not answer his question?

Whats your conspiracy for the eliminator they won. Come on Einstein.

Stop being offended for once.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why did you not answer his question?

Whats your conspiracy for the eliminator they won. Come on Einstein.[/QUOTE

I didn’t see last week’s show but if there was a family as unfit as tonight’s family then it confirms my RTÉ theory that there’s something wrong with the selection process. That woman tonight was put through Hell and the show shouldn’t have been aired. Pure embarrassing for her.
    My diversity point still stands.

I said stop being offended. Not stop using quotes properly.

Past bedtime I guess.

• Advertisement

I said stop being offended. Not stop using quotes properly.

You won’t rile me Pj.
    I’ll keep you in your box.
    When you resort to abuse you’re losing.

You won’t rile me Pj.
    I’ll keep you in your box.
    When you resort to abuse you’re losing.

Says the child saying RTE only picked the Mandiagus because they are "diverse".

Says the child saying RTE only picked the Mandiagus because they are "diverse".

Again you’re losing.
    Everyone has the right to give their opinion but do try to be nice Pj. Don’t be sour.

Again you’re losing.
    Everyone has the right to give their opinion but do try to be nice Pj. Don’t be sour.

Dont get upset at others opinions that dont buy into rubbish conspiracies.

Dont get upset at others opinions that dont buy into rubbish conspiracies.

I wonder how the really fit families who weren’t selected feel when watching that tonight though. I also hope that woman is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I also hope that woman is ok.

Yeah, your concern is touching and totally proves your bias is not racially motivated.

Yeah, your concern is touching and totally proves your bias is not racially motivated.

Maybe you would explain your reasonings? I don’t get it.

Maybe you would explain your reasonings? I don’t get it.

What needs explaining?

What needs explaining?

His statement.

His statement.

Why?

Why?

I don’t get it. Are you talking for him now too?

I don’t get it. Are you talking for him now too?

Whos talking? Are you confused?

Whos talking? Are you confused?

I’m sure he’s able to explain himself.
    Are you confused?

I’m sure he’s able to explain himself.
    Are you confused?

Not at all. You just keep saying you dont get things.

Not at all. You just keep saying you dont get things.

Does this go round and round?
    I think you’re confused Pj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I wonder how the really fit families who weren’t selected feel when watching that tonight though. I also hope that woman is ok.
    I wonder how the really fit families who weren't selected felt last week when they saw the Mandiangus beating a white Irish family? Oh wait, the family they beat weren't black so that doesn't matter.

Again you’re losing.
    Everyone indeed has the right to their opinion. Just like everyone has the right to call out racism when they see it.

I didn’t see last week’s show but if there was a family as unfit as tonight’s family then it confirms my RTÉ theory that there’s something wrong with the selection process. That woman tonight was put through Hell and the show shouldn’t have been aired. Pure embarrassing for her.
    My diversity point still stands.
    ICYMI, the name of the course they ran was 'Hell and Back'. They were supposed to be put through Hell - that's the aim of the show.
    The only embarrassment here is for the racists who are being called out as racists.

Grow up
    The irony of the 'grow up' is really hilarious.

No it’s not.
    I said that in my opinion RTÉ picked them for diversity reasons.
    Nothing racist about that at all.
    That poor woman was embarrassed on tv tonight. She wasn’t fit at all or else she was sick or injured.
    It is absolutely racist to claim that they only got on the show because they're black, when they beat a white Irish family last week to get through to the quarter final.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How was she even allowed to get to the televised stages?
    Did you ask that question last week about the family they beat? Oh wait no, they weren't black so no-one was worried about them.

I wonder how the really fit families who weren't selected felt last week when they saw the Mandiangus beating a white Irish family? Oh wait, the family they beat weren't black so that doesn't matter.

Everyone indeed has the right to their opinion. Just like everyone has the right to call out racism when they see it.

ICYMI, the name of the course they ran was 'Hell and Back'. They were supposed to be put through Hell - that's the aim of the show.
    The only embarrassment here is for the racists who are being called out as racists.

The irony of the 'grow up' is really hilarious.

It is absolutely racist to claim that they only got on the show because they're black, when they beat a white Irish family last week to get through to the quarter final.

Did you ask that question last week about the family they beat? Oh wait no, they weren't black so no-one was worried about them.

Way over the top now.
    You need to retract.

Way over the top now.
    You need to retract.
    Actually, it's you that needs to retract your claim that they were only picked because they were black, given that they previously beat a white Irish family to quality for the quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No, I asked that question specifically about that particular contestant, because in my opinion she wasn't anywhere near fit enough to compete in the show. She only half-completed some of the challenges (the plane pull, the barrels thing in the first round, and the monkey bars tonight that I can remember), and family were relying on the three stronger members carrying/dragging her through. IMO all four members of the family (where all four members are competing) should have to fully complete the challenges.

The fact that the other family fecked up badly enough for her sons and daughter to be able to drag her through the eliminator is neither here nor there.

She was hands down the least fit contestant I've ever seen on the show, and that's why I wonder why she (not her family) was allowed through.

Actually, it's you that needs to retract your claim that they were only picked because they were black, given that they previously beat a white Irish family to quality for the quarter final.

No. I said that imo they were sought out by RTÉ for diversity reasons.
    Nothing wrong whatsoever in that statement.
    The fact that the mother was so unfit and as Heidi stated didn’t complete an obstacle only reinforces my opinion. I am not being racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It was interesting viewing watching the momma trying to get over the bales. They should have shown them completing the course. She brought great excitement to the show as can be seen by her being the topic of discussion the past few pages.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    No, I asked that question specifically about that particular contestant, because in my opinion she wasn't anywhere near fit enough to compete in the show. She only half-completed some of the challenges (the plane pull, the barrels thing in the first round, and the monkey bars tonight that I can remember), and family were relying on the three stronger members carrying/dragging her through. IMO all four members of the family (where all four members are competing) should have to fully complete the challenges.

The fact that the other family fecked up badly enough for her sons and daughter to be able to drag her through the eliminator is neither here nor there.

She was hands down the least fit contestant I've ever seen on the show, and that's why I wonder why she (not her family) was allowed through.
    Lots of families rely on family members dragging others through obstacles. Most families competing on the ramps rely one or two members getting up the ramps early and then pulling the weaker members up. It's called teamwork, and it is one of the specific skills that the courses are designed to test. It's not unusual, but you've never asked questions about any of those families. I wonder why?

No. I said that imo they were sought out by RTÉ for diversity reasons.
    Nothing wrong whatsoever in that statement.
    The fact that the mother was so unfit and as Heidi stated didn’t complete an obstacle only reinforces my opinion. I am not being racist.
    You indicated that they were picked because they are black. You are absolutely being racist, despite the fact that they beat a white Irish team last week. You should have the decency to retract.

Lots of families rely on family members dragging others through obstacles. Most families competing on the ramps rely one or two members getting up the ramps early and then pulling the weaker members up. It's called teamwork, and it is one of the specific skills that the courses are designed to test. It's not unusual, but you've never asked questions about any of those families. I wonder why?

You indicated that they were picked because they are black. You are absolutely being racist, despite the fact that they beat a white Irish team last week. You should have the decency to retract.

That is not racist. If anything it’s speculation on my part that RTÉ wanted a black family for diversity reasons. How many times do you have to be told?
    If you think I’m being racist then report my post.

Neeson wrote: »
    It was interesting viewing watching the momma trying to get over the bales. They should have shown them completing the course. She brought great excitement to the show as can be seen by her being the topic of discussion the past few pages.

Meh. More like dregs of CA and Conspiracy have escaped their pens tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Again, I haven't queried the family's qualification for the series, I've questioned that particular contestant's.

Absolutely the competition is about teamwork, and you're always going to have stronger and weaker members of teams depending on the task(s) at hand.

But she didn't even try to do the run for the plane pull (and the others didn't seem surprised, so I'm assuming that was a strategy), she didn't seem to even try at the monkey bars tonight (presumably knowing that three drops into the water meant she could carry on), and I can't remember what exactly they did with that barrels thing in the first round but I remember thinking that was bending or stretching the rules more than a little bit. And they're just the events I can remember off the top of my head.

All of these go against the spirit of the competition, IMO.

Again, I think all four members should complete all stages of the competitions where all four are competing.

You seem to be a little over-eager to find offence where I, for one, am meaning none.

Advertisement