Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Trampas wrote: »
    A team shouldn’t be able to take advantage of when a person on their team drops out.

They do bull about distances on it. So take take everything with a handful of salt. No way the distance for plane event is right. Not even close. So sand dune I wouldn’t trust either and a good camera angle can boost it also
    I don't think the team "took advantage" of their mother being injured (she didn't "drop out"!) - she just happened to be the least strong/fit of them.

The other team get to pick who they don't run in the eliminator. Last series (or at least in a recent series) one team lost their strongest member by a mile, and the other team didn't run their weakest. I think it led to a wild imbalance of female/male in the eliminator, can't remember exactly. Or maybe it was the opposite - they decided to do the decent thing and also didn't run their strongest?? I've the memory of a goldfish for these things. Anyway, I do remember a huge debate about it, so it could in theory work seriously well for one team.

Anyway, it just so happened to suit the team that eventually won tonight!

And I really, truly, strongly believe that that sand dune was ten times worse than it looked on screen! (Can't offer an opinion on the plane)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I don't think the team "took advantage" of their mother being injured (she didn't "drop out"!) - she just happened to be the least strong/fit of them.

The other team get to pick who they don't run in the eliminator. Last series (or at least in a recent series) one team lost their strongest member by a mile, and the other team didn't run their weakest. I think it led to a wild imbalance of female/male in the eliminator, can't remember exactly. Or maybe it was the opposite - they decided to do the decent thing and also didn't run their strongest?? I've the memory of a goldfish for these things. Anyway, I do remember a huge debate about it, so it could in theory work seriously well for one team.

Anyway, it just so happened to suit the team that eventually won tonight!

And I really, truly, strongly believe that that sand dune was ten times worse than it looked on screen! (Can't offer an opinion on the plane)

I've climbed that sand dune - it's definitely harder than it looks!!!

Pretty sure the team last year did the "decent thing", dropped their strongest member and ended up being eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think Davey is by far the best coach, Anna And Dervla seem to have no advice at all to offer to the families either before or during the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hoping Davey's team makes it through. Would like to see Anna's team go out as I find her unlikeable, nothing against the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Hoping Davey's team makes it through. Would like to see Anna's team go out as I find her unlikeable, nothing against the family.

Anna loves the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

It Dunners wearing eyeliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

That poor woman should not have entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That poor black family??
    The mother could hardly walk.
    Fittest families how are ya.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Anna loves the camera.

Loves herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fair fúcks for completing the course but that poor woman.

There had to be someone else that could enter instead of her?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Fair fúcks for completing the course but that poor woman.

There had to be someone else that could enter instead of her?

That was a tough one for her.

Davey's passion is great.

Anna's team for a handy win here.

Painful to watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

How have they allowed the aul wan belonging to the Mandyangoos to participate

That poor black family??

We all know why they're on the show. Madness to put the poor family through this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Andrew00 wrote: »
    We all know why they're on the show. Madness to put the poor family through this

Because they applied??

There's been bad contestants on this before. The 3 kids are grand. The mother isn't able for it.

Andrew00 wrote: »

RTÉ being politically correct. Have to have ethnicity even if they were the unfittest family ever In the competition. Ruined it.

It wasnt the mother in the end that cost them. The brothers made shíte of the wall and the sister ditched the lot of them.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Because they applied??

There's been bad contestants on this before. The 3 kids are grand. The mother isn't able for it.

There's been bad contestants but jesus this is on a different level and you have to admit that. Where's the aul lad or could they have no got anyone else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Victory for Anna Geary is a loss for us all.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Victory for Anna Geary is a loss for us all.

How do the lads on the show concentrate when Anna is their trainer? I'd be staring at her hole all day haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

That poor black family??

It's nuts. They were lucky she didn't get injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ridiculous, surely the preliminaries should weed out someone so unsuitable for physical challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

RTÉ being politically correct. Have to have ethnicity even if they were the unfittest family ever In the competition. Ruined it.

Thought the three siblings were fit as, don’t normally watch so don’t know about other years but watching on fast forward as I know one of this years families. Although have to watch the start to see if they are on.

I really doubt that family applied to take part.
    Looks more like they were approached and persuaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

touts wrote: »
    It's nuts. They were lucky she didn't get injured.

Tbf she probably is broke up from her son kicking off her back to try and jump a wall......twice.

She got some of her own back by standing on his head !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah the conspiracy theories have arrived. Give your head a wobble unless and until you know that is the case.

She didn't even manage to get to the plane last week.
    I'm sure they do fitness checked on the competitors. However they got the tactics wrong and Dervla didn't coach them right for it.
    Poor all round.

Conspiracy theories now :pac:

Ah the conspiracy theories have arrived. Give your head a wobble unless and until you know that is the case.

Ah gullible Harry has arrived.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories now :pac:

Unless no other families applied.

Advertisement