Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A lovely family to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great final. It was so close in the end. Awe well. Fair play to the winners.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

Well done to the Stratfords. Edge of the seat stuff! Great final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I was up for the Staffords the whole way but have to say that's a very tough loss for Murphys, they really should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

fittestfamily@aminotv.ie

I hope to see you all participating next winter ( from the comfort of my sitting room couch! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Great final. Neck and neck stuff at the ramp. It all came down to the mammies at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That was a class finish to the series. Delighted the Stratfords won because they were such a nice family and also for Donncha. He's such a nice and supportive coach

Post edited by Heroditas on

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What an absolutely epic final! Stratford's winning first two showed they deserved it. Did they say they were a standby family one year as well? Or was that someone else?

Stratford's in both the first two challenges especially the second one amazing, record individual time. Murphy's couldn't have done much more pipped in the first one. Bonnars good at the eliminators, sand bags one so well organised the son was the big difference in that I felt. Only one really muscly looking fella in the finals shows you who thrives, skinny whippets that look like runners, young lads that play GAA (or look like it).

Hang tough, how long do they have before they do it? Challenge two looked to have wrecked them! But Stratford's dug deep. Murphys and Bonnars looked spent too. They needed an oul fella like Tycey from last year! Right familys overall made the final, Bonnars in a few eliminators before the final I think?

Worthy winners, neck and neck at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Epic final

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think the backs to the wall is a great exercise, its a real leveller.

Couldn't warm to the Bonnar's either and they really under performed, they had two big lads in that boat and they were barely skimming the water with the oars. Lots of other examples of them just thinking they were better than what they were.

Was sad for the Murphys, I thought they were amazing, the mother especially, it was a pity they didn't win but on the balance of the previous events the Stafford probably deserved it. Great final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The backs against the wall task I don't think should be in it. It's possible to reduce the stress on your legs the way you set up. The way your foot rests against the block and the angle your legs are at will change the strain massively.

They have the head rests height adjusted so that all legs are at 90 degrees at the knee. I presume the foot blocks are similarly adjusted. Foot has to stay at the block, head touching the head block. Level playing field.

So it's something they can train/practice for, then.

I'm not sure what your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Donncha did a fairly good Davy impression with his roaring at the end.

I'd suggest that there's a fair bit of camping it up for camera on Davy's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I suspect that they are riled up into making provocative comments by the production team, it's just trash talk really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The heads were often not touching the head block on Sunday. Weren't always pulled up on it by the official either.

Well she did last however long she lasted, so clearly she does. If she found a technique or trick to help her last longer, more power to her! Maybe other teams will practice that for the next series.

Similar to how they all tackle the walls and ramps in very similar ways these days, having been like headless chickens at them in the early series.

Like I say, I'm not sure what your point is!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just binge watched the series yesterday, it was hard luck for the Murphys but they were 2 really nice families to have in the final so a well deserved win for the Stratfords.

Advertisement