Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That family from Wexford were really impressive going up the sand dune. I had thought it was possible in about 4 minutes and they smashed it out in 3.15

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Feel sorry for this Dublin family, the mother just doesn't seem as fit as she needs to be for this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus the Mandiangu mother shouldnt have entered. Leaving her at finish line at the start was bizarre. They cant expect to carry the 4th person.

Yeah she hasnt the fitness for something this intense, I thought she was going to collapse there towards the end. She will cost them the eliminator as theres no place to hide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Mairead Ronan is stunning

• Advertisement

Damn, I was gonna enter this, but alas I can't swim.
    Gutted

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jesus the Mandiangu mother shouldnt have entered. Leaving her at finish line at the start was bizarre. They cant expect to carry the 4th person.

She is never getting up that ramp!!!

Wow, how did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Who would have thought they'd win the Eliminator ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lionse

Gobsmacked the Mandiangu family made it. Delighted for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Amazing family spirit

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Who would have thought they'd win the Eliminator ? !

I certainly had them written off, never thought the mother would be able to get up the ramp. The other family had a nightmare at the wall and opened the door for them. It was a good watch, bit of drama right till the end.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I certainly had them written off, never thought the mother would be able to get up the ramp. The other family had a nightmare at the wall and opened the door for them. It was a good watch, bit of drama right till the end.

Tbh , I had them written off too !
    It's like HoneyBear said , their fighting spirit never let them down ,.so they definitely seized the opportunity when the wall was a disaster for the other family .

We never know what will happen on this show !

It was definitely a topsy turvy eliminator, really enjoyable watching. I still want ref Joe back though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Damn, I was gonna enter this, but alas I can't swim.
    Gutted
    Running gag in our house about how we're definitely going to enter it next year.

Only problem is that Mammy Mandiagu would probably leave all of us behind in terms of fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I wonder will she pull a sickie on some event as the other 3 are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That sand dune time trial is unbelievably punishing! I can feel the leg and lung burn just watching them (from the couch with glass of wine in hand :o)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That sand dune time trial is unbelievably punishing! I can feel the leg and lung burn just watching them (from the couch with glass of wine in hand :o)

I know, am agreeing with you as I've my feet up in front of a blazing stove, eating a crunchie.
    I might enter next year...

I know, am agreeing with you as I've my feet up in front of a blazing stove, eating a crunchie.
    Yeah, no - that ain't ever happening!

I've climbed sand dunes about 1/10 of that height in Donegal and nearly died of the effort - serious kudos to those Dads (wasn't surprised to see one of them on the oxygen after, only surprised more of them weren't :D)

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Why is Donncha wearing Anna's short trousers
    That's the daftest pair of trackies I've ever seen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That Sligo family, how do you spell the sons name? Maurick? Morrick? Never heard it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

siblers wrote: »
    That Sligo family, how do you spell the sons name? Maurick? Morrick? Never heard it before

Mouric

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

There is something about Anna that makes her a bit unlikeable. Maybe it's over exposure.

Both tough challenges so far tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

All the shots from the go pro cameras doesn't make for great TV

What a nail biter finish !
    They both fought so hard in that .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I don't mind the go pro shots although they can be overused.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What a nail biter finish !
    They both fought so hard in that .
    Both of them were!

The difference in age/maturity really showed in that last one - the two youngfellas in blue raced ahead, the yellow family stuck together all the way, and it paid off in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The mother being injured was an advantage to that family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Why is Donncha wearing Anna's short trousers
    Are they odd legged? One leg longer than another?
    siblers wrote: »
    All the shots from the go pro cameras doesn't make for great TV

I loved some of the go pro stuff from the eliminator this week - great facial expressions.
    Just what I said last year.

And the previous year.

And the...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

A team shouldn’t be able to take advantage of when a person on their team drops out.

They do bull about distances on it. So take take everything with a handful of salt. No way the distance for plane event is right. Not even close. So sand dune I wouldn’t trust either and a good camera angle can boost it also

Advertisement