Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone managed to sign with Revolut card?

Getting the same error every time I am trying: An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes

A quick search reveals that this question has been asked to the death.

Well in my case I tried with both Revolut Visa and MasterCard number of times without any success.

Finally gave up and used Irish bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RJellybean

RJellybean wrote: »
    I ordered on the 16th as well. sent them another facebook message this morning. I'll see if i get a response. I do have a chat window open but no luck so far getting someone on that.

At least if we receive our sims soon we will get nearly the full month before our 1st bill.

My sim just arrived and like the others who received it today its not active. Hopefully it won't be too long before its activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just received notification of my first bill, checked in my account and it's €9.99 as expected.

Happy camper! :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RJellybean wrote: »
    My sim just arrived and like the others who received it today its not active. Hopefully it won't be too long before its activated.

I ordered 2 sims on the 16th October.
    One Sim came last week with a different number assigned to me on my GoMo account so I couldn't do anything with it, port etc

I stuck it in my phone for a laugh after telling Customer Care and I was getting some calls and texts for a guy in Galway so this could be a serious breach of privacy / data / GDPR maybe?

I took it out and cut the sim up but I could have done anything with it.

Then today, in the last 30 mins I get a delivery with 2 sims.
    Both numbers different to that on my online GoMo account so again, I cant do anything with them. Either way, I cancelled and am awaiting a refund.

Now I have 2 spare sims with 2 numbers that I can use for free :)…..until im caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

reg114 wrote: »
    Never underestimate peoples' incompetence. Eir didnt exactly have a glowing reputation when it came to customer service before this. My guess is that they totally overestimated their ability to process all the applications from new subscribers, probably because they didnt commit enough staff to the project. Be mindful too that when you port a number, the slowest part of the process is the amount of time it takes for the original network to release the number. If vodafone are tardy (even by a few hours) then it elongates the entire process. Then throw in the time it takes to receive a new sim and the general lack of communication from GOMO about the status of the port and the registration process, multiply this by 1000s of customers all at the same time and you have an omnishambles.
    omnishambles is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

once i figured out the porting process it went through smoothly.

no problems on my side other than I received the SIM yesterday and a monthly bill today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Got charged an additional 4.58 for calls to Irish landlines?

I thought all calls were gratis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Only found out now that Gomo has disabled calls through wifi, very handy if you need to call abroad, premium numbers or lo-call 1800. Thats a big dissapointment.

daheff wrote: »
    once i figured out the porting process it went through smoothly.

no problems on my side other than I received the SIM yesterday and a monthly bill today

Once you are over the startup costs, think of all the months ahead @ 9.99 :)

An excellent package.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

mad jumping to eir

i wouldn't touch them to save a tenner

that's if u save it at all

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »

I made plenty of calls to Irish landlines and wasn't charged for them.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Only found out now that Gomo has disabled calls through wifi, very handy if you need to call abroad, premium numbers or lo-call 1800. Thats a big dissapointment.

That was mentioned here at a very early stage, those following this thread would/should have been aware of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Twister2 wrote: »
    mad jumping to eir

I was with them for 2 years previously and had no issues.
    Back in 2006 I was with Three and they were a nightmare to deal with, I've been with Three again on and off during the past 7 years with only one issue (I made the mistake of buying a phone from them that broke)

Swings and roundabouts, issues you have with a provider can depend on many factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What type of number? 1850, 0818, 1890, 076 aren't included until 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Hours trying to get someone on the chat . Is there any quicker way to contact this crowd ? Send them and email 2 days ago and no reply

I fully understand people who have experienced issues being very disappointed, especially those that have not actually messed something up themselves.

Some are over reacting too though?

Nobody died, you can cancel anytime with very little loss really.

Those that are all set & good to go (and there are plenty), go forth and enjoy.

That was mentioned here at a very early stage, those following this thread would/should have been aware of it.

Still disappointing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Twister2 wrote: »
    mad jumping to eir

Yeah I'm going to wait, I'm expecting a complete **** show at some point since it's Eir but will also be happy if I'm wrong.

Still disappointing though.

Oh! for sure it is, but hey!, it's €9.99 per month so we can't expect everything.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What type of number? 1850, 0818, 1890, 076 aren't included until 1st December.

where is this info coming from ?

• Advertisement

https://www.comreg.ie/ngnreview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Got my first bill today, only ordered a sim on the 16th but they charged me from the first. Seems a bit shady, I expected a 4.50ish charge rather than the full 9.99 like 3 and other operators who do a set billing cycle used to do.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Got my first bill today, only ordered a sim on the 16th but they charged me from the first. Seems a bit shady, I expected a 4.50ish charge rather than the full 9.99 like 3 and other operators who do a set billing cycle used to do.

Is there any info in the terms and conditions about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karthus

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Sure I ordered on the 16th and nothing from them yet. It really is the best of luck if something goes wrong with them.

My order was from 16th Oct too. Got hold through webchat on 30/10 where they said they will escalate. Got the 2 sims today where it had a despatch date of 29/10. Anyways, numbers doesn't show up in my account and as such I don't know which sim is for which number, also "Move my number" wont work saying "account not activated yet". I wasn't billed for November yet (I think). Somebody mentioned Anpost not scanning the envelope could be the reason for not showing up under accounts!! waiting on webchat again to find what what's really happening. Atleast current service with VM is still up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I fully understand people who have experienced issues being very disappointed, especially those that have not actually messed something up themselves.

Some are over reacting too though?

Nobody died, you can cancel anytime with very little loss really.

My missus is in a situation where afaik we did everything right. Eir customer trying to port over, original sim / number now dead. Eir number appears in gomo account and looks like the process has finished, but the number has not actually moved. So now since yesterday morning she has no phone number except the new one gomo gave her. No response on email, no response on chat. Tried for hours and hours. Looks like we would be incredibly lucky to have it sorted by Monday.

For someone that needs their phone every day this is a pretty big deal, and / trying to move back to Eir sounds like it would just delay getting the number back even more. I understand what "no frills" actually means in a phone company now - it means no support whatsoever for days on end.

My missus is in a situation where afaik we did everything right. Eir customer trying to port over, original sim / number now dead. Eir number appears in gomo account and looks like the process has finished, but the number has not actually moved. So now since yesterday morning she has no phone number except the new one gomo gave her. No response on email, no response on chat. Tried for hours and hours. Looks like we would be incredibly lucky to have it sorted by Monday.

For someone that needs their phone every day this is a pretty big deal, and / trying to move back to Eir sounds like it would just delay getting the number back even more. I understand what "no frills" actually means in a phone company now - it means no support whatsoever for days on end.

Are you sure she can get her number back?
    I've heard of people losing their number for good because of mix ups but perhaps that was in a totally different situation.

There's no doubt situations like that are beyond frustration & I feel for you guy's.

We all understood it was only going to be an on-line model & you are now experiencing the downside to that.

If you can manage to do the pain until it's sorted, it's highly likely you will never need to contact them again for the life of your contract? Even if you did at some point, it might be a better experience once this signup in the masses frenzy is over?

Either way, I hope you get it sorted.

comreg i got a text from VF to say the same

off topic

i know you can get a premium text barring applied

can anyone just shove your number into a banner ad and you start receiving premium texts without asking

seems like that happened to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

/\/ollog wrote: »

You didn't get charged for Oct, it's included (for free) in the 9.99 standard activation fee you paid at signup.
    The bill should be for Nov with any charges extra made during Oct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement