Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I switched from Tesco last Thursday, have no problems yet, I did get caught with sending MMS messages as they are 30 cent each just use WhatsApp instead.

Can anybody confirm this? I searched the thread and GoMo.ie and can't find any reference to MMS other than this post. Can't actuall find a way to send MMS messages but don't want to use it if there's a charge.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cormie wrote: »
    Folks, got my first bill.

Things to note:

VAT is stated on the bill, so anyone needing to claim VAT back, can do so :) I've accepted that I don't think I'll be getting a vat receipt for the first €9.99 I paid, no biggie I guess.

The calls to the UK number listed are €0.19 minimum once a connection is made, because I remember trying to call the number and it didn't even ring through from what I remember, it just went straight to saying the phone number was out of coverage or something to that nature.

The SMS is an issue. I posted earlier saying when I get calls, they come up on my phone as +35308X as opposed to +3538X, I tried to SMS two numbers straight from my the dialer and it now appears that the SMS were sent to 0086 and 0087 instead of 086 and 087 and one is saying China and the other Satellite/Maritime :confused: The UK SMS is ok.

Service and everything fine for me, and even with these extra charges, it's nothing compared to my "everything in package" base price of my previous provider.

UtxQDs1.png

Interestingly, while texts to EEA countries are 6c ex VAT (as capped by EU regulation), according to GoMo's pricelist texts to other countries are 12c ex VAT.

However you seem to have been charged the EEA rate for all international texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    Can't read the full thread but how many people roughly can't make texts or calls after getting ported over?

My data is fine.

Mine is finally working again!

Took about 24 hours for calls and texts to work. Data was instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mendo

Guys, please make sure that your account has all the premium SMS and premium call services blocked.

I have deactivated the Premium SMS and calls by sending the PRSMSBAR SMS to 50104, the day my number was activated the 24th of October, yet I was charged for Premium SMS on the 31st of October.

I have received my first bill and to my surprise, I have been charged for three Premium SMS messages on the 31st of October, despite the fact that I have disabled Premium SMS and calls on my account, the first day my SIM card was activated the 24th of October.

I have not subscribed to any premium service paid by premium SMS and I would have expected the block I've put on my account to stop this from happening.

The charge incurred on my account was from a Premium SMS number 57976, 3 x 2.5 euro, for a total of 7.5 euro and this charge is bogus and should have never happened or been allowed to happen.

I am going to make a complain to ComReg about this incident and also complained to complaints@gomo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mendo wrote: »
    Guys, please make sure that your account has all the premium SMS and premium call services blocked.

I have deactivated the Premium SMS and calls by sending the PRSMSBAR SMS to 50104, the day my number was activated the 24th of October, yet I was charged for Premium SMS on the 31st of October.

I have received my first bill and to my surprise, I have been charged for three Premium SMS messages on the 31st of October, despite the fact that I have disabled Premium SMS and calls on my account, the first day my SIM card was activated the 24th of October.

I have not subscribed to any premium service paid by premium SMS and I would have expected the block I've put on my account to stop this from happening.

The charge incurred on my account was from a Premium SMS number 57976, 3 x 2.5 euro, for a total of 7.5 euro and this charge is bogus and should have never happened or been allowed to happen.

I am going to make a complain to ComReg about this incident and also complained to complaints@gomo.ie

I've never once got a premium SMS text in over 20 years.

They don't happen without you having subscribed for something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I attempted to port my number over the other day, but when I entered the activation code, it incorrectly indicated that my current Network was Vodafone, but it is 48 and I later received an error message saying they couldn’t port my number because my number wasn’t available from the Network I selected. I didn’t select a Network, when you go to Port your number, their system selects the Network they think you’re on and it doesn’t give you any option to change the Network. I’ve tried porting several times, trying all options, but with the same results. I have also messaged Gomo, but I haven’t received a reply yet. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lawred2 wrote: »
    I've never once got a premium SMS text in over 20 years.

They don't happen without you having subscribed for something.

Me neither, sounds like you are signed up to some scam that keeps billing you...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I attempted to port my number over the other day, but when I entered the activation code, it incorrectly indicated that my current Network was Vodafone, but it is 48 and I later received an error message saying they couldn’t port my number because my number wasn’t available from the Network I selected. I didn’t select a Network, when you go to Port your number, their system selects the Network they think you’re on and it doesn’t give you any option to change the Network. I’ve tried porting several times, trying all options, but with the same results. I have also messaged Gomo, but I haven’t received a reply yet. Any suggestions?

Both my parents ported from 48 and when i set up the port for them it said they were with Tesco. Both ported fine and within a few minutes also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried same premium bar but I got reply. Anyone successful in putting on the premium bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Aquos76 wrote:
    Has been mentioned a number of times already that your €9.99 activation fee covers your usage for the month you signed up for.

I've missed that each time so. Even better value than I fist thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I ordered my Sim on launch day and received it 2 days later, i set my port date to 8am this morning 1st of November, i turned off phone, popped in the Gomo sim, that was 2 hours ago, still showing as the new number provided by gomo, ive turned it off and on twice since, still showing as gomo number and not my usual number, I know some people have setup in less than hour and some takes alot longer.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up ,is there any other settings I need to change? or just sit tight ? thanks in advance for any tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭bren2001

I ordered my Sim on launch day and received it 2 days later, i set my port date to 8am this morning 1st of November, i turned off phone, popped in the Gomo sim, that was 2 hours ago, still showing as the new number provided by gomo, ive turned it off and on twice since, still showing as gomo number and not my usual number, I know some people have setup in less than hour and some takes alot longer.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up ,is there any other settings I need to change? or just sit tight ? thanks in advance for any tips.

I've been waiting to port for 2 days now. Leave the old sim in and change over when it goes dead.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sim charges are for November. No sim charge for October? I was expecting some charge for the few days used in October

Nah, it's been stated in this thread multiple times the past few weeks that the activation fee covers the calendar month that your service commences.

So you get most bang for your buck by ordering at the beginning of the month (or the last few days of the previous month as long as your SIM hasn't been activated when the bills are generated on the 1st of the next month).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

adox wrote: »
    I got my first bill and theres a 6 cents charge for a text message to the UK.
    I didnt send any texts to the UK so dont know what its for?

I saw people earlier saying they were charged to activate imessage, maybe its that? The sim was put in an iphone but I dont remember having to activate imessage.

Look its only 6 cents but I`m always wary when there are charges that I dont know what they are.

It's probably the text to activate iMessage and FaceTime etc. Thats what it was with my bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Bit of a nightmare, seems to be a common issue over the years if you type the number into Google , people being charged for fit.guru or some crap

https://forum.three.ie/t5/Billpay/Scam-text-from-57976/td-p/36334

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

bren2001 wrote: »
    I've been waiting to port for 2 days now. Leave the old sim in and change over when it goes dead.

I have a dual sim phone, would you recommend maybe leaving both sims in to see when old sim deactivates and new gomo sim kicks in ?

I got no bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Still no update on my order for my sim, ordered 21st Oct. Still no reply to my email requesting an update 3 days ago.

Not impressed so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BowWow

Aquos76 wrote: »
    1890 numbers dont seem to be included in "national calls" just yet anyway, I made three calls to 1890 numbers and was charged 3.91 along with 6c to activate imessage.

Comreg have said that they are to be free BY December 1st. So might not yet be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Ported from VF to Gomo at 9am this morning went through without issue and all seems perfect so far.
    I'll stick with it for a couple of months anyways and see how I get on

• Advertisement

Still no update on my order for my sim, ordered 21st Oct. Still no reply to my email requesting an update 3 days ago.

Your in and around the 10 days , if it's not with you Monday you will have to hound webchat because the email wont achieve much , at least you still manage a smiley face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Sure I ordered on the 16th and nothing from them yet. It really is the best of luck if something goes wrong with them.

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Sure I ordered on the 16th and nothing from them yet. It really is the best of luck if something goes wrong with them.

Caught in No mans land , And you know what will happen, you'l cancel it and reorder and next thing the actual original arrives in the door and there's another mix up !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

wolf9 wrote: »
    Caught in No mans land , And you know what will happen, you'l cancel it and reorder and next thing the actual original arrives in the door and there's another mix up !!!

At least we didn't get billed that was my fear! I wonder how many of us are in this boat.

Texting PRSMSBAR to 50104 bars premium SMS on Eir Mobile (it doesn't bar premium calls). Just because texting that on GoMo elicits a successful response doesn't mean it actually works as GoMo accounts may not be set up to use that code.

Has anyone actually had any official word from GoMo as to how to bar premium SMS as I haven't seen anything about it on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

It's amazing the wide variety of experiences people are having with porting over.

My transition was seemless. I was previously with Eir (maybe that helps?). I ordered my Sim on the day GoMo was announced and set my port date to 1st Nov. The sim arrived the following day.

My phone lost coverage just after 09:50 today as scheduled. I powered it off and inserted the new GoMo Sim and everything worked instantly. Calls, texts and data all working fine. Data speed and reception very good so far in South Dublin.

Sorry to hear there are people having difficulty.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BowWow wrote: »
    Comreg have said that they are to be free BY December 1st. So might not yet be included.

Yeah that’s correct but on GoMo website they have those numbers listed as national calls

“ National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and 1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in place of 004428”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭bren2001

I have a dual sim phone, would you recommend maybe leaving both sims in to see when old sim deactivates and new gomo sim kicks in ?

That's a good idea.

I also have a dual-sim phone. Why didn't I think of that?

SeamusFX wrote: »

You could pick up a Vodafone PAYG SIM and port to that and then port from that to GoMo. Might be quicker than waiting for their CS to sort it out.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah that’s correct but on GoMo website they have those numbers listed as national calls

“ National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and 1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in place of 004428”

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

It lists national calls as out of plan on this page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement