Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Spoke to webchat. They are pushing through my port now so up to 48 hours...

I'm not even going for a port at this moment, I want to see coverage/speeds first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mezzotint

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Not true.
    My daughters number was ported before she received her SIM.
    No great problem, just two days without a working phone, just popped in her Gomo sim when it did arrive and off she went,
    working with her ported number.

If you've confirmed your number by text and you put in a porting request, it will generally happen automatically with most of the networks and very quickly. Sometimes porting in Ireland can happen almost instantaneously in my experience. All they're doing is updating some entries on a database that routes your calls and texts. It's not a very involved process, once they've confirmed you are you.

So if you've confirmed your number with them and put in the request, it will be moved ASAP, so you'll end up with no service on your existing sim and a pre-ported GoMo sim. It's not unique to GoMo as 3 did exactly the same with my previous move.

I'd say if you're concerned about 'prematurely porting', just don't put in the request until you get your SIM in your hand. It will have a temporary number on it anyway which will work and then you can just port your existing number over, usually with minimal disruption (although it can glitch sometimes... usually works smoothly though!)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My imessage activated almost immediately and only took one text, as did my sons and my wife's ones, no idea how you could generate 83 text messages and still haven't managed to get it activated

To be quite honest, that's really an Apple issue rather than a network one. Apple should have an Irish-based activation number or a 50XXX (free of charge) number. The fact that your iPhone sends silent international SMS messages and charges you is entirely Apple's issue and they should refund you the cost.

My experience of changing sims has been that sometimes iMessage / FaceTime activation rather mysteriously goes wrong and just takes ages to activate and resolves again just as mysteriously.

Also if you're porting networks and keeping your number, I don't think iMessage needs to be reactivated at all as there's no change from the phone's point of view. It's just some Apple security kicking in because it's a new SIM card.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mezzotint wrote: »
    To be quite honest, that's really an Apple issue rather than a network one. Apple should have an Irish-based activation number or a 50XXX (free of charge) number. The fact that your iPhone sends silent international SMS messages and charges you is entirely Apple's issue and they should refund you the cost.

100% agree with you on this

Aquos76 wrote: »
    100% agree with you on this

I just find they're very quick to push the blame back to 3rd parties i.e. the customer and the carrier, neither of whom have any control over it.

I mean if they can give Siri an Irish accent and have their HQ based in Cork, they can get an Irish inbound SMS number for iCloud activation! It's not beyond their capabilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

If my port is stuck "in progress", and my old number is already deactivated "invalid number when called", will cancelling the port just mess this up even further? Will the number be lost in purgatory then? Going on to 4 days waiting now and the support aren't doing anything, on Tuesday they said I would receive an email within 24 hours, said the same thing on Wednesday, but still nothing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

dinneenp wrote: »
    The comments re problems with activation have put me off changing to them.
    Will wait & watch...

You only read the ones that have problems. The easy peasy ones dont al post here that it was easy.

And i have no doubt that from quite a few of the ones that do have a problem, the problem lies between chair and touch screen.

inforfun wrote: »
    You only read the ones that have problems. The easy peasy ones dont al post here that it was easy.

And i have no doubt that from quite a few of the ones that do have a problem, the problem lies between chair and touch screen.

Yep, out of the 4 changes I have seen in person, only one of them got messed up. Generally there is no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Received a second GoMo sim card today but it isn't working.Tried it in two phones but nothing working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Quick question on changing sims..... would I lose all my WhatsApp conversation etc??? What about my pictures etc.....

What should I do to save my pictures.... I have some special ones I don’t want lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

I'm in the same both, Got my sim replacement today and not activating. Not provisioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

So my sim just arrived in the post (No text or email to say it was coming) , yet there's no number associated with my account when I login ?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Getting the impression that the role out of this service is experiencing all sorts of issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Masala wrote: »
    Quick question on changing sims..... would I lose all my WhatsApp conversation etc??? What about my pictures etc.....

What should I do to save my pictures.... I have some special ones I don’t want lost

If you keep the same number whatsapp will be fine just run a manual backup to be sure.

Make sure all your pictures are on goggle photo or icloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Spoke to webchat. They are pushing through my port now so up to 48 hours...

I see people talking about webchat, but I can’t find any chat options on their website, other than just to message them. It’s been over 24 hours and no reply to my message, so I’d like to webchat, but I can’t find it.

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I see people talking about webchat, but I can’t find any chat options on their website, other than just to message them. It’s been over 24 hours and no reply to my message, so I’d like to webchat, but I can’t find it.

It doesn't always show up for some reason, generally it shows for me on the "Our plan" page haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

reg114 wrote: »
    Getting the impression that the role out of this service is experiencing all sorts of issues.

What I can't understand is that it is a subsidiary of eir that is managing gomo. Not as if it is a new company with no telecom experience starting up in the market. There should be no teething problems if they use a well established framework. Arguments here like 'sure it's only 10 quid or demand was in precedented' just don't add up. Surely in setting up this company they would anticipated the demand at 10 euro a month.

physioman wrote: »
    What I can't understand is that it is a subsidiary of eir that is managing gomo. Not as if it is a new company with no telecom experience starting up in the market. There should be no teething problems if they use a well established framework. Arguments here like 'sure it's only 10 quid or demand was in precedented' just don't add up. Surely in setting up this company they would anticipated the demand at 10 euro a month.

This is Eir and if you have had to deal with Eir customer service or technical support you would be very surprised it's going as well as it has.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mezzotint wrote: »
    I'd say if you're concerned about 'prematurely porting', just don't put in the request until you get your SIM in your hand.

+1 on this

2 of us here with freshly ported numbers and no SIMs :mad:

Next available custom representative will be with you shortly (20 minutes so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

It doesn't always show up for some reason, generally it shows for me on the "Our plan" page haha

Thanks, but not showing up on the “Our Plan” page, or any page for me. I suspect this is done intentionally, due to the over demand for support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

tuxy wrote: »
    This is Eir and if you have had to deal with Eir customer service or technical support you would be very surprised it's going as well as it has.

Fair enough. Good luck keeping their customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just ported there. Took but a few mins. Sms, calls, and internet working - between 30 and 50Mb down and 20-30Mb up on 4G....chuffed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone managed to sign with Revolut card?

Getting the same error every time I am trying: An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

So my sim just arrived in the post (No text or email to say it was coming) , yet there's no number associated with my account when I login ?

That's the problem that I had with my first sim. After 48 hours I got them to send a replacement sim but my first sim started working a few hours later.
    So best to just wait and hopefully it won't take too long more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

lawred2 wrote: »
    How is there no service on your eir sim? They won't start any porting until you account is active which can't happen prior to you receiving your SIM card.

Definitely not the case lawred2, looks like they're porting away regardless.

Fair enough. Good luck keeping their customer base.

They will do just fine especially if the price is right. The current telecommunications companies tactics is to keep customers, even disgruntled ones to switch back as some point thanks to a new offer.
    This seems to be working as these companies are doing just fine when it comes to profit margins.
    Customer service is the last thing most people think about when they switch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thanks, but not showing up on the “Our Plan” page, or any page for me. I suspect this is done intentionally, due to the over demand for support.

Logged in with Chrome, i get the chat option.
    Not logged in with Internet Explorer, i get the chat option.

Dont think it is them.
    Tried a different pc, browser, phone, whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Never underestimate peoples' incompetence. Eir didnt exactly have a glowing reputation when it came to customer service before this. My guess is that they totally overestimated their ability to process all the applications from new subscribers, probably because they didnt commit enough staff to the project. Be mindful too that when you port a number, the slowest part of the process is the amount of time it takes for the original network to release the number. If vodafone are tardy (even by a few hours) then it elongates the entire process. Then throw in the time it takes to receive a new sim and the general lack of communication from GOMO about the status of the port and the registration process, multiply this by 1000s of customers all at the same time and you have an omnishambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and once it works, you don't need to contact CS ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've done a screenshot of the logged in GoMo welcome page, chat comes up on the right hand side. It's been there any time I've gone on. I'm using Chrome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement