Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

lawred2 wrote: »
    I've never once got a premium SMS text in over 20 years.

They don't happen without you having subscribed for something.

Likewise!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Signed up myself, just waiting on the sim to arrive.
    Like others I intend to use 2 Sims (dual SIM phone) before porting the number over.

Did a Google search on "phone bill capping" and read that the UK have some policy that enables customers to opt into a cap limit.

Anyone know if similar Policies are in place her in the ROI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Gonad wrote: »
    Hours trying to get someone on the chat . Is there any quicker way to contact this crowd ? Send them and email 2 days ago and no reply

Have been trying all day on chat, no one working it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

off topic

I know you can get a premium text barring applied

can anyone just shove your number into a banner ad and you start receiving premium texts without asking

seems like that happened to me?

2 possibilities...

1. The network "leaks" your number in the http header.

2. They are just sending out blanket texts to every 7 digit number they like.

In any case AFAIK the recipient is supposed to send a confirmation text and that's the problem, what sane person would confirm they want to be scammed.

Those companies are pretending to get confirmation and Comreg are just allowing it to continue.

There are numerous stories throughout boards one of which was that the sender claimed that someone with a dumb phone had visited a webpage and opted in so it's obvious they (text sender) made it up.

Tip for anyone interested...for any 2FA SMS, use a PAYG SIM in a spare phone with zero credit so there's no credit to take.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

seligehgit wrote: »
    Got charged an additional 4.58 for calls to Irish landlines?

I thought all calls were gratis.

So, were the calls to normal landline numbers or non geographic numbers such as 1890 and 1850's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

morgana wrote: »
    I'm not even going for a port at this moment, I want to see coverage/speeds first.

Exactly the same here! Had scheduled to port on November 10th but as soon as I saw all the porting issues on here I got it cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

I got my first bill also and it’s €20.06 wondered what the 0.06c is and it’s for international text - I know I didn’t text any international but what it is is the sms that is sent when you load up your iPhone it asks this will charge a carrier fee to enable iMessage. I have two numbers - the itemised bill is brilliant shows everything. Over all I am very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Popped in my Sim this morning logged in to my account and tried to move my number but getting " this action is unavailable until your service is activated " am i doing it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why do apple not like to acknowledge that they have Irish customers, isn't their European headquarters in Cork? ;)

Oige1981 wrote: »
    I got my first bill also and it’s €20.06 wondered what the 0.06c is and it’s for international text - I know I didn’t text any international but what it is is the sms that is sent when you load up your iPhone it asks this will charge a carrier fee to enable iMessage. I have two numbers - the itemised bill is brilliant shows everything. Over all I am very happy!

I actually stayed away from having two sims on the one account, going forward, it can be a pain in the arse when trying to port with a multi line account, especially if you want to keep one number with GoMo or whoever you happen to have a multi line account with

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I actually stayed away from having two sims on the one account, going forward, it can be a pain in the arse when trying to port with a multi line account, especially if you want to keep one number with GoMo or whoever you happen to have a multi line account with

I ordered two GoMo sims - swapped over both original numbers to GoMo no issues - then itemised bill has one heading with my first number and all calls and then the second number with all calls listed. When porting I selected “Pre Pay Registered” and moved both numbers - for the price €9.99 amazing value ain’t it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snukka

I had 2 international texts both for UK numbers , looked into it and looks like it's a sim activating text for my brand of phone , sent in the background without me knowing, i have disabled the find device feature for my phone aswell cos I think there was a text off that aswell , but mainly to do with sim activation and hopefully won't see them again

I had 2 international texts both for UK numbers , looked into it and looks like it's a sim activating text for my brand of phone , sent in the background without me knowing, i have disabled the find device feature for my phone aswell cos I think there was a text off that aswell , but mainly to do with sim activation and hopefully won't see them again

Possibly imessage activation if it's an iPhone

If it's android...no idea what it's for.

I ordered two GoMo sims - swapped over both original numbers to GoMo no issues - then itemised bill has one heading with my first number and all calls and then the second number with all calls listed. When porting I selected “Pre Pay Registered” and moved both numbers - for the price €9.99 amazing value ain’t it.

I am talking about in the future, if you decide to take one of your two numbers away from GoMo, it may just cause an issue is what I am saying. In the past, multi line accounts always had to be ported in a different way. Out of interest, do both numbers share the one account number?

Snukka wrote: »

Find my iphone doesnt used a text message btw

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

So, were the calls to normal landline numbers or non geographic numbers such as 1890 and 1850's?

I was charged €3.36 for landline calls and none of those were 1890 or 1850 numbers.

miamee wrote: »
    I was charged €3.36 for landline calls and none of those were 1890 or 1850 numbers.

Strange, so normal 01, 021, 051 numbers rather than 076 and 0818 numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Anyone get told they have a bill. Login and then when it’s clicked nothing happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

All users experiencing issues should follow these steps (as per GoMo's own code of practice).

(1) Contact chat initially to discuss issue, if not satisfied request both an escalation & a ticket number.

(2) email GoMo complaints quoting your ticket number.

At least that way you have some record of the actual complaint if you need to go to ComReg.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snukka

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Possibly imessage activation if it's an iPhone

If it's android...no idea what it's for.

Android and looks linked to the Xiaomi brand

• Advertisement

There's also 0818 and 076

Anyway, a few years ago I got charged for an 1890 number when I had dialled the geographic number that the organization provided. The digits were completely different so it wasn't a dialling error. The provider had mapped their numbers incorrectly. Had to lodge a complaint and go to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

/\/ollog wrote:
    Got my first bill today, only ordered a sim on the 16th but they charged me from the first. Seems a bit shady, I expected a 4.50ish charge rather than the full 9.99 like 3 and other operators who do a set billing cycle used to do.

You need to read your bill again. I think you will find that the 9.99 is covering the period 1 to 30 Nov and not for Oct. Any additional charges would be out of bundle charges from when you started using the sim to 31 Oct.

I am talking about in the future, if you decide to take one of your two numbers away from GoMo, it may just cause an issue is what I am saying. In the past, multi line accounts always had to be ported in a different way. Out of interest, do both numbers share the one account number?

I have one log in and then I can select view details for and on the drop down menu both my numbers are there on the print out it shows all calls and sms under each number separately so happy out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Strange, so normal 01, 021, 051 numbers rather than 076 and 0818 numbers?
    Actually now you say that, there was an 076 and 0818 number in there as well, let me check the mins
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's also 0818 and 076

Anyway, a few years ago I got charged for an 1890 number when I had dialled the geographic number that the organization provided. The digits were completely different so it wasn't a dialling error. The provider had mapped their numbers incorrectly. Had to lodge a complaint and go to Comreg.

Total landline time charged for was 17 mins 20 secs

076 - 10 mins 4 secs
    0818 - 3 mins 42 secs

01 number - 2 mins 33 secs (this one also has an 1890 equivalent but I rang the landline version)
    01 - 0 mins 54 secs
    01 - 2 mins 1 sec

It doesn't add up to 17 mins 20 secs so now I'm confused :P
    jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone get told they have a bill. Login and then when it’s clicked nothing happens?

When I clicked on View Bill, a PDF was downloaded, it doesn't show on the screen.

Actually now you say that, there was an 076 and 0818 number in there as well, let me check the mins

076 - 10 mins 4 secs
    0818 - 3 mins 42 secs

01 number - 2 mins 33 secs (this one also has an 1890 equivalent but I rang the landline version)
    01 - 0 mins 54 secs
    01 - 2 mins 1 sec

When I clicked on View Bill, a PDF was downloaded, it doesn't show on the screen.

When you click the view bill it should give you a popup offering to open it or download it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got no bill?

Either did I and my account is showing the order as still processing even though Ive had it successfully ported and up and running over a week now :confused:

076 - 10 mins 4 secs
    0818 - 3 mins 42 secs

01 - 0 mins 54 secs
    01 - 2 mins 1 sec

076 & 0818 are your culprits so, Strangely, eir allowed 076 (VOIP) numbers be used on their bundles but 0818 are treated the same as 1890 and 1850's

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Just wondering if anyone can help I purchased a sim and meant to keep my own number but received a sim with new number and email today to say I have been billed and I want to port over next week early will I be able to keep my if I use it when asked to give date of change over thanks

NATLOR wrote: »
    Either did I and my account is showing the order as still processing even though Ive had it successfully ported and up and running over a week now :confused:

That's a brilliant offer so... FREE FOR LIFE! :D

• Advertisement

076 - 10 mins 4 secs
    0818 - 3 mins 42 secs

01 - 0 mins 54 secs
    01 - 2 mins 1 sec

Scratch that, it lists all the calls on page 3 which I neglected to look at - was charged €0.91 for the 0818 number (3mins 44secs according to them) and €2.46 for the 076 number so you guys were right, regular landlines are included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement