Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

• 15-10-2019 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Eir are bringing out a new offering called GoMo at 1130am today. It's a new mobile virtual network. All you can eat data (really 80GB) for €9.99 a month for the first 100k customers. Calls, texts and all that jazz. 10GB EU roaming data too. You can use it as a hot spot. 30 day rolling contract too. Still waiting to check the very fine print.

https://gomo.ie/

Mod edit: Thread with FAQ's is here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seems like a good deal but assume it's a "get the customer in the door offer".
    80GB is impressive.
    Wonder what it will be after that if they get the 100k custgomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

damien wrote: »
    Eir are bringing out a new offering called GoMo at 1130am today. It's a new mobile virtual network. All you can eat data (really 80GB) for €9.99 a month for the first 100k customers. Calls, texts and all that jazz. 10GB EU roaming data too. You can use it as a hot spot. 30 day rolling contract too. Still waiting to check the very fine print.

https://gomo.ie/

WHats the catch? 100k customers is a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Website is taking forever, so people must be interested or getting the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Doesn't seem to be a catch, 80gb limit basically (similar to Eir).

There's a one off 9.99 activation fee but then it's 9.99 a month after that

I signed up, was an old Meteor €25pm sim only plan which I stuck with because I hated Three's network and I can't be arsed with top-ups.

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/new-gomo-mobile-operator-launches-in-ireland-38596539.html

A new mobile operator has launched in Ireland.

GoMo is offering 80GB of data, plus all calls and texts, for €10 per month for the first 100,000 customers.

It will also allow 10GB of EU roaming data, plus all calls and texts.

The Eir-owned ‘virtual’ operator will run on Eir’s mobile network.

It is an aggressive pricing move from Eir, which will undercut all other operators in the market, including its own Eir Mobile.

However, it is a sim-only deal, meaning that there will be no phone offers with the network, which is typically a way for operators to get customers.

There will be no restrictions on using the SIM card for a Wifi hotspot. However, after the 80GB monthly data limit is reached, the data speeds will slow.

The move echoes what Eir’s French owner Xavier Niel, has done in other European countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

I can't see anything on the site about porting numbers. Does anyone know if I can bring my previous number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

I can't see anything on the site about porting numbers. Does anyone know if I can bring my previous number?

Under how to sign up it says "Move or use your new number".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

if my contract is up on November 4th can I order this and put on hold until that date? What network is it operating off of?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does any one know what charges aren't covered by the €9.99 monthly fee? E.g. Voicemail, premium rate numbers, roaming. Can't see it any where on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

How will you know if your in the first 100,000?

• Advertisement

if my contract is up on November 4th can I order this and put on hold until that date? What network is it operating off of?

When I signed up it asked me what date would I like to have the account active. It's off the Eir network

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Does any one know what charges aren't covered by the €9.99 monthly fee? E.g. Voicemail, premium rate numbers, roaming. Can't see it any where on their site.

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How will you know if your in the first 100,000?

It's less than 15 minutes since it went live, you'll be in the first 100k if you do it within the week (I'd say).

https://gomo.ie/pricing

Usage outside of your inclusive allowances will be charged as follows:

Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS
    For all other charges please click here

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

The porting question confuses me although it probably shouldn't. I have two users on a Virgin account and want to port one of them. Unsure if should choose postpay multi line or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

I'm with Virign Media Mobile and get 4G in most places.

What's Eirs network like?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does anyone know can you order now, and then move number later or you have to decide to port now? Would like to get in on the deal, but would be nice to wait if there's teething issues or surprise charges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

What happens after 100k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Signed up there, has to better 4g then Virgin Media offer at the moment!

It wouldnt accept my payment using my N26 account. Anyone have any success with their N26 account?

cormie wrote: »
    Does anyone know can you order now, and then move number later or you have to decide to port now? Would like to get in on the deal, but would be nice to wait if there's teething issues or surprise charges.

I ported my number, on the signup it asked me when do I want to activate, I selected next Monday as I'm travelling all this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Guess most will move from Eir to it to get the 80GB data and cheaper cost.
    100,000 customers is a lot for a new entry though.

damien wrote: »
    Edit: They have a sneaky activation fee of €9.99 too. So first month is actually €19.98

Still cheaper than their competitors of Three.ie at €20 for a similar product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GBX wrote: »

They charge you €5 to get your SIM replaced. So, if your SIM stops working through no fault of your own, they charge you for it. Tight fúckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sorry, tried to edit this into original post: They have a sneaky activation fee of €9.99 too. So first month is actually €19.98

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I like the control of paying as you go, not keen on the activation fee, or the possibility of contention for data with so many signing up. Reasonable enough deal but not enough to make me switch from Lyca til I hear more.

They charge you €5 to get your SIM replaced. So, if your SIM stops working through no fault of your own, they charge you for it. Tight fúckers.

How often does that even happen though?

my current plan is €25 a month so...

€25 x 12 = €300

now it's

€9.99 * 12 = €119.88

so €300 - €119.88 = €180.12 savings

with €180.12 I can afford to have my sim break 36 times within a year and still break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

i just signed up and it offers porting number option.... I don;t see 4G mentioned anywhere... assume it is included?? i was on 30 day sim only plan with eir 34.99 a month .. do I need to cancel this plan ..hopefully won;t be too much hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

It's a decent bargain to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im not getting a validation code to port my number. Can I port it at a later date?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement