Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It will be interesting to see how he handles the interviews with McGregor and Halawa.

I'd bet the house who will get asked no awkward questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Even if Tubridy asks him the questions mentioned above, and he denies involvement in the MB and says he's delighted we have a gay Taoiseach, I think a lot of people still won't be satisfied.

The idea that the above is somehow a summation of this thread is at best disingenious and is in fact extremely flippant.

I suggest you reread the thread in detail to get an idea of what posters concerns really are ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gozunda wrote: »
    The idea that the above is somehow a summation of this thread is at best disingenious and is in fact extremely flippent.

I suggest you regard the thread in detail to get an idea of what posters concerns really are ...

I did "regard it in detail" and just picked those as two of the topics mentioned in the questions list (fair questions imo). Any suggestion they're meant to be a summation of the thread is of your own making. I suggest you dial down the tone.

I did "regard* it in detail" and just picked those as two of the topics mentioned in the questions list (fair questions imo). Any suggestion they're meant to be a summation of the thread is of your own making. I suggest you dial down the tone.

As a reader it is clear that those "two topics" were your issue at hand - there was no use of "for example" or "things like". Doing so you were making fun of those who posted genuine comments. If you post rubbish be prepared for others to call it out.

I fixed that typo btw - I suggest you do something similar and not post flippant remarks likley to derail the thread as previously happened

Btw please link the "question list" you have referred to ...

gozunda wrote: »
    As a reader it is clear that those "two topics" were your issue at hand - there was no use of "for example" or "things like". If you post rubbish be prepared for others to call it out.

I fixed that typo btw - I suggest you do something similar and not post flippant remarks likley to derail the thread as previously happened

Btw please link the "question list" you have referred to ...

I really have no idea what your problem with my post was.

Let me put it another way - is there anything he could say in the interview tonight that would assuage your concerns?

• Advertisement

I really have no idea what your problem with my post was.

Let me put it another way - is there anything he could say in the interview tonight that would assuage your concerns?

If you had genuinely read the posts in this thread you would know what you wrote is not representative of what has been posted about his appearance on the LLS.

I for one am not prepared to return this thread to the level that was prevalent prior to it being closed. Those tactics are transparent. See.

You are on your own there.

But please do provide the link to this "question list" alluded to ...

This list, which I saw quoted by another poster
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Ryan...

"Did you think going to Egypt on holidays was a clever thing to do?"

Did you address the crowd at a Muslim Brotherhood rally?

Do you agree with their stance on gay people?

How did you feel that an openly gay minister greeted you at dublin airport?

Are you proud that the leader of Ireland is openly gay and campaigned for your release?

Are you embarrassed that it has cost the irish taxpayers a fortune to get you back to ireland because of your stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

TBH, I will watch the interview, albeit on Player, just to see what questions are actually put to him, and to see what answers he gives.
    I don't rate Tubridy as an interviewer so I expect it to be quite serene, but you never know, they may even have Mark Humphrys in the audience to liven things up.

Ah he really wanted to go to Ibiza with the lads

This list, which I saw quoted by another poster

"Did you think going to Egypt on holidays was a clever thing to do?"

Did you address the crowd at a Muslim Brotherhood rally?

Do you agree with their stance on gay people?

How did you feel that an openly gay minister greeted you at dublin airport?

Are you proud that the leader of Ireland is openly gay and campaigned for your release?

Are you embarrassed that it has cost the irish taxpayers a fortune to get you back to ireland because of your stupidity?

So how is that one poster repesentitive "a lot of people" of this thread and more importantly how in the name of good did you get the following
    he denies involvement in the MB

I fail to see how the above is derived from that list

Many posts have looked at on detail IH participation in an MB organised protest. Of which their is clear video evidence. Unless of course you are attempting to insinuate something else entirely.

Very few posters here are concerned as to who is is LGBTQ or otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hmm translation needed.

Dunno... just chilling at a cinema , didn't really know about the protest... winds up on stage! That stuff only happens in Seinfeld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Clearly caught out with his lies ....

“I was just down at the cinema” ... clip plays of him addressing a crowd of thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I wanted to give this young lad the benefit of the doubt, but I’m just not buying this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Getting caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time is bad. But twice!

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Dig up, Ibrahim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Impressive subtlety from Tubridy with the questions I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Looks like I was wrong on Tubs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nice close up of the bullet wound there. That's that sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

really emphasizing the 17-year-old kid line

17 is still old enough to know better.

do not agree with a lot of what has been said about him. but there is definitely more to the whole story than the wrong place at the wrong time on a family holiday IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nice close up of the bullet wound there. That's that sorted.

What was the point in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

He was a stupid Irish 17 year old. He has learned an almighty lesson.
    It's obvious he has no terrorist leanings like some people here make out.
    I actually think he will have a very successful life after this ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is from another thread. I laughed.
    dmc17 wrote: »
    I took a pill in Ibiza,
    Ended up in Egypt as you do,
    In the middle of a protest,
    And the crowd I addressed,
    Went to jail for a year or two

Now I'm living back in Ireland......

P_1 wrote: »
    Impressive subtlety from Tubridy with the questions I have to say.

Yes very surprising indeed. I think a lot of people will change their mind about Halawa after this. He was just an unfortunate young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hunger strike to get his cell painted. :rolleyes:

I think his idea of a hunger strike is skipping dinner

Wow...haters gonna hate.

If he was white from Kiltimagh, would you be posting like that?

Were you ever 17?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

If watching "tears of a crime" has taught me anything, it is that he is lying.

Excessive nodding and blinking every time he speaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

prinzeugen wrote: »
    If watching "tears of a crime" has taught me anything, it is that he is lying.

Excessive nodding and blinking every time he speaks.

100% bull****, Making it up as he goes along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement