Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Great episode, great sign of a good show, up to this point we all loved it without any background into the characters. Now we're seeing more of them, this is perfect to set up for more subplots in the second series (which it got the go ahead for recently). As a result of all this additional info, we can look at the characters in more depth. The reason the doctor is helping them is because she was once in a tough spot and some one helped her.... bla bla bla, sounds soft, but it's the truth, also it exposes the strong relationship that's probably there with her and the guard. It was a great episode for nearing the end of the series, opens up so many more doors.... we *Actually* see that he was set up, so we will emphatise with Lincon more now, and hope he gets off. It's the struggle between, "Well he was going to kill the guy, until some one got there before him, now he's in the firing line, even though he didnt do it, but he was going to." Does it make it right that we want him to get out etc?

Yes, we need spoiler tags, post reported.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

it wasn't a bad episode.
    i could not stand the fact that they had sarah addicted to morphine. god that is so dumb. the other background stories weren't bad, but it kinda lacked the tension of previous episodes. I do like how they developed on the reasons for michael breaking him out, it makes alot more sense now.
    T-bag rocks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,846 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really enjoyed this episode myself - very good to get a backstory to how everything led up to the current situation.
    Tancredi's backstory wasn't exactly too plausible alright. But since she met Bellick one of the meetings, are we to presume Bellick was also a drug addict? Found the whole nurse stealing morphine from a hospital backstory a bit daft to bring into the storyline at this stage.

And we finally get an insight into why Michael went to such extremes to get his brother out. And also a little nod to why he used paper cranes in the beginning of the series.

PS - Oh and about Abruzzi.. according to IMDB, Peter Stormare (Abruzzi) was in the episode last night but i didn't spot him! I don't think we'll see the last of him - but there was very little left unresolved with his character besides the tension between him and T-Bag
    Smurfpiss wrote:
    T-bag rocks though!
    The more he uses the phrase "my pretty!".. the more he keeps reminding me he's the Wicked Witch of The West from 'The Wizard Of Oz'! :D
    it was a good idea to show the characters outside of the prison enviornment but i think there was too much of it shown, the director should have probably mixed and matched the scenes between the prison and the outside world. But i suppose if he did he would only be going down the same road as lost to a certain extent.
    Very bad idea in my opinion. Very different shows in that we want to learn what's going on in the prison and is not AS character-based as 'Lost'. We learned pretty much all about the characters and their backstories in PB in just 1 episode.. i don't think there's much left to learn. How were they gonna mix and match that to last a whole season? Would have been quite irritating!

And besides, the flashbacks seem to be the biggest weakpoint of 'Lost' nowadays.. c'mon... who here can honestly say they watch an episode of 'Lost' and can't wait (maybe wrong use of words, but definantly "looking forward to") for the flashback to end to get back to the action in the jungle? I love 'Lost' but the whole flashback angle has gotten very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

basquille wrote:

And besides, the flashbacks seem to be the biggest weakpoint of 'Lost' nowadays.. c'mon... who here can honestly say they watch an episode of 'Lost' and can't wait (maybe wrong use of words, but definantly "looking forward to") for the flashback to end to get back to the action in the jungle? I love 'Lost' but the whole flashback angle has gotten very old.

yup, i check my emails while the flashbacks are on half the time!

one of my mates spotted Abruzzi in the first few scenes when he watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

It was an okay episode. Got the feeling, that they would've never bothered with an episode like that if they hadn't been given a second season.

Taking a leaf out of Lost's book, and the weakest one at that as pointed out, is unnecessary.
    Linc bumping into Sucre was paticularly annoying imo

PB is more a plot-driven show, than a character-driven one. I'd say most of us care for and hate the relevant characters enough to invest in the show as it is, without being spoonfed the "they're a good person really" elements.

Hope it's a return to regular programming next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

/forum

Read a good theory this morning regarding
    what exactly will happen now Scofield has the tattoo burned off in the area he needs..

... didn't
    Haywire memorize the tattoo?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

basquille wrote:
    PS - Oh and about Abruzzi.. according to IMDB, Peter Stormare (Abruzzi) was in the episode last night but i didn't spot him!
    he was on a newspaper cut out on Michaels wallwhich was telling about him getting a life sentence. thats the only place i saw him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Good episode,nice to see the background of some of the characters,even if one was a bit stupid-you know which one!

Good to see some of the cons aren't actually bad people-Sucre (I hope his cousin dies!),and ex-marine guy (whats his name again?).

While it kind of seems this episode was used to stretch out the season as they may be running out of prison ideas,it still worked very well and we got a good insight into the characters.

Now,Im off to have some morphine for no apparant reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I hear on the grapevine both Ep 17 & 18 have just been leaked, no word of a lie.

• Advertisement

Oooooooooooohhh!

** goes to investigate **

EDIT: According to NFO for Episode 18:
    I know this rls is a little early and E17 isn't even out yet but we had to rls it early.

Bit suspicious if you ask me! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Willem D wrote:
    I hear on the grapevine both Ep 17 & 18 have just been leaked, no word of a lie.

mmmm leakage.

Didnt love ep 16, no real revelations - that i cared about.
    Maybe it was just my mood at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i have found 18 not 17 though

odd

I know its really weird apparently 17 is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

\o/

/me dances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

regarding the leakages:
    is somebody about to get their ass fired? I mean seriously its a bit of a joke that the past 2 episodes have been leaked and the next 2 are supposedly floating around.
    or is this an unusual form viral advertising or.....something?

Its a pity it doesnt happen with lost :).

Smurfpiss wrote:
    ..I mean seriously its a bit of a joke that the past 2 episodes have been leaked and the next 2 are supposedly floating around.
    Last 3 actually! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 salupa

can anyone find a site that gives a summary of eps 17-19?
    not a summary i mean guide to upcoming episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Willem D wrote:
    Its a pity it doesnt happen with lost :).
    Ditto!

• Advertisement

salupa wrote:
    can anyone find a site that gives a summary of eps 17-19?
    not a summary i mean guide to upcoming episodes
    S'pose TV.com or EpGuides.com (which leads to TV.com - tis a big ol' loop! :D)

been to them but could see no description
    only one i can find for ep 18 is
    03/31 - Episode 1.18 - Bluff [Airing April 17]:
    Transferred to the psych ward, Michael tries to clear Haywire's head and jog his memory of the missing piece of the blueprint tattoo; Bellick wants to auction off Michael's cell to the highest bidder; C-Note and T-Bag must team up in a high-stakes poker game, while Sucre's cousin Manche seems to hold all the cards.

and from flicking thru it, it does not seem to match

ARRRRGHHHHHHH... spoiler tags! :mad:

sorry never taught.

sorry never taught and how do you do spoiler tags:confused:

Spoiler Text Here [?/spoiler]

- remove question mark in second tag!

cheers basquille, fixed now sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭digiman

Epiosde 18 has been leaked also, I really can't understand how these keep been leaked, surely someone is going to get caught for doing this!!
    It has all the timestamps around the top and bottom of the screen, so it looks like an unedited version like what was out before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It could be one of many, we run off viewing copying of BBC programmes for people all the time, people who were in the show, worked on the show, let the bbc use their house as a location.... producers, stars, camera people etc etc etc, also the legal dept. gets a few copies, and there's always tapes of shows lying around.

If they get caught leaking them, indeed they will be fired, but the chances of them being found are slim.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote:
    Epiosde 18 has been leaked also, I really can't understand how these keep been leaked, surely someone is going to get caught for doing this!!
    It has all the timestamps around the top and bottom of the screen, so it looks like an unedited version like what was out before.
    I havn't watched this yet, but I had forgotten that we still havn't seen 17!!

Advertisement