Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    Just an FYI, TV.com are listing episode 14 as being on Monday March 6th....
    Cheers for that.

Two different dates being mentioned online though - one being May and one being March!

Hope it's the latter.

PS - haven't watched the episode yet but apparently it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

March makes sense if aiming for a May finale. Thats what I'm pinning my hopes on, anyway!

Can't wait for tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Well I suppose that is better news that the end of May. I am going to watch it now in a few mins, so will let you know what I think of ot. Should be brilliant but no doubt I will be really pissed of having to wait until whenever to watch the next one.

Well that didn't exactly end the way I thought it would, still thought it was a brilliant episode, some great tension, but ended in kind of the same way that Lost did.
    I wonder is Abruzzi dead at all, I even thought at the end of the last there was a chance for him, hopefully we will see him again.
    I think that we have to presume now that the execution will be delayed as they have 9 epiosdes to make and there is only 1 day left until he dies.
    Anyways can't wait until they start again in March or whenever. Any advice on a new tv show to watch that will keep me entertained until then?

OK, it was a very good episode. I can't help thinking last weeks ending would have been a better midseason cliffhanger.

The first scene in this episode kinda pissed me off. It was kind of a
    cop out
    . Oh well....

Very enjoyable episode. Only 97 days to go until the next one. :(

• Advertisement

Yeah.. watched this earlier and enjoyed it immensely.
    I actually expected Abruzzi to survive - for some reason, i really didn't think someone that pivotal to the plot would die little more than half way into the season and also, T-Bag can't survive for what he pulled.

The demise of Danny was actually quite sad - the tears in his eyes and cracking of his voice at the prospect of leaving the world with a wife and child on the way was actually quite stirring.

And here was me thinking the episode title "The End Of The Tunnel" meant the cliffhanger would be them surfacing above ground with the gates in their sights... how wrong was i?

Not a phenomenal cliffhanger in terms of talking about it for weeks but on more than one occasional in the last couple of minutes, i felt myself actually swearing at the TV with nerves (at the sight of the freshly placed tunnel end, at the drop of the bar and the guard hearding.. then backing up his steps towards the room)

Also enjoyed the relatively small exposure to the going's on the outside world, as i've said, the scene with Danny's demise being particularly excellent though.

And now we face the depressing 3 month wait now ahead of us to find out the fates of Michael, Linc and the gang!

Truly excellent TV... will be sorely missed for the 3 months off the air!

OK, its officially NOT coming back in May. It will either be March (most likely), or January. Interesting to see that 5 got the rights in the UK. It would have done fantastically well on Sky or C4, IMHO.... I wonder who will get the Irish rights?
    Prison Break will return for the second half of its first season in March, FOX has confirmed.

The network had previously indicated that the remaining nine episodes would not air until May, after the new season of American Idol wraps.

The continued success of the show - last night's "Fall finale" was seen by a series high of 12.1 million viewers - is a key factor in the rethink, although the wait of three months remains potentially damaging from an interest standpoint.

"The good thing is that we have the full faith of the network behind us," creator Paul Scheuring told the Chicago Tribune. "It is not [a case of], 'Go quietly into the night.' They are sticking with us."

The possibility remains that the network will bring back the show in January on the back of new seasons of Idol or 24, both of which have yet to be scheduled. Scheuring added that if the delay remains, FOX has promised "the mother of all promotional campaigns to relaunch the show".

The series airs in the UK from January on Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I hear both the remaining episodes will be shown on New Years Day. Thank God I'll be in the UK along with my PHAT Pipe, and not at home in Ireland with my Dialup.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye it was a good finale.
    I like how the hole had been closed up by the janitor guy. I didn't see it coming. When he was looking at the grate I thought he was going to find something but then didn't. I had a feeling it would end abruptly but I expected a slightly better cliffhanger. Maybe if the guard had actually walked into the room and then it ended,it might have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, as if any one can get stuff like that fixed that quickly! That'd take months in the real world!

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

The fact that
    the VP's brother is still alive blew me away. Adds another layer to the conspiracy. Saw the pill thing coming from a mile away though, it made sense. And yeah, as if a pipe that massive, and that well sealed would have been put up in a day.
    Was really sad to see Danny go.
    Anyway it was complete edge of your seat stuff. I can't believe that 5 go the rights to it... jesus christ talk about a bad start. I hope to god RTE gets its hands on it. They'd be mad not to.
    Cannot wait till march!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

NYEH! The thought of waiting till March for it tears me apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yanks have totally ruined television for me, this whole 3 months waiting is killing me, first Sg1, atlantis and BSG and now prison break, aaagghhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

been watching this since it started and was dubious about it till about ep 7. but fukk me its a class show. Easily the best prison show since Oz.

Episode 14 has been bumped another fortnight to 20th March....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

And here you all were at the beginning saying you wouldn't watch it cause it's on fox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Got around to watching it last night... i had got it from my couz a week ago but decided to make myself wait ...

Very good ep, i reckon Abruzzi is not dead and will factor later in the series.

Also
    since the pipe is fixed i would say the only way now is back where they came from... back to the guards reck room. I think somehow that lawyer bird (who always looks like she's about to ball crying) will get a temporary stay of execution.

All things considered i'm gong to miss this program on its break.

Anyone got any reccomendations to fill the gap... i'm up to date on Supernatural, Threshold, Lost, BSG, Surface, SG1 & SG:A...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Can't stand having to wait for the rest of this. Watched eps 1-12 so far will hopefully get to watch 13 tonight. I've not enjoyed a show this much since maybe Sopranos or 1st season of Deadwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Great episode, and a pretty good ending too.
    Since Lincoln is on the top side, in the infermary, surely he can still get out. The rest of them are stuck though, unless they can find a way up there too without that guard coming in and finding him.

Danny's demise was good, but it was a bit too typical that he didn't give the info in the envelope to yer one and then have it fall out for the other guy to find it :rolleyes: Still, now she's knows that there was no murder, all she needs is some proof. Maybe dig up his body and prove it wasn't him, but with only a day to go till the execution it's hardly likely.
    Anyway, I can't wait until March for the next episode. I'll just have to make do with Surface and Invasion in the meantime, plus Stargates and Battlestar will be back in January, won't they :confused:

Thought i'd give this thread a much needed bump... anyone else really missing 'Prison Break'?

Read some potentially fantastic news on it's return:
    "According to Paul Scheuring, the creator and executive producer of "Prison Break," executives at Fox are considering three different time frames to for the bringing back the program: late January or early February, after the season premieres of "Idol" and "24"; late February; or May.

Scheuring isn't crazy about the last option, but he says Fox seems to be leaning toward an earlier return for the show."

"If Scheuring got to decide, "Prison Break" would come back in January, possibly alongside "24," another highly serialized Fox thriller. But he adds that if the "worst-case scenario" plays out and the show takes a break until May, the head of Fox, Peter Liguori, has promised "the mother of all promotional campaigns to relaunch the show."
    Source here!

Any news on any of the Irish stations picking it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Only just started watching it. 5 episodes through. Good show alright. And for once an "intelligent" show that pretty much shows you all the cards, but still leaves you struggling to keep up. Not like some other "mystery" shows I could name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Well at least they have the intention of bringing it back.... wouldn't have put it past fox to cancel it.

Well lets just hope that they start it back in Januray! Can't wait for it to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

just finished watching all the epps, really good

damn fox & their stupid schedulling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just saw those last 2 episodes - fantastic stuff!!!

I wonder, did anyone did anyone catch Female Agent #1 there, aka Michelle Forbes, aka Admiral Cain ?!! :D

Here's hoping she becomes Kellerman's new partner in March!

EDIT: she's gonna be in 24 day 5 too - awesome !! Can't remember in Day 2 though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Im upto Episode 8 and great stuff so far. Much pacier than Lost but nowhere near as intriguing for me - just good popcorn TV. Has it been shown on Irish TV yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

SofaKing wrote:
    EDIT: she's gonna be in 24 day 5 too - awesome !! Can't remember in Day 2 though :confused:

Major 24
    she didn't last very long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

when's the next one out?
    (direct question)

Sandals wrote:
    when's the next one out?
    (direct question)
    Monday week, March 20th.
    (direct answer)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Awesome!
    (honest expression of delght)

Thanks a million
    (hyperbolic expression of grattitude),

your so great to us basquille.
    (possibly semi-sarcastic appraisal of female poster)
    ((slight dig @ fact I previousley confused your 'gender'))

Advertisement