Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

im really getting into it seen the first 5 - but the thing is about it!!

how long can the show go on for??? + also with fox over it...so

mmmmm will it last the whole season!!

its definitly the best "new" show of the year (obviously behind lost season 2) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Watched episode 6 there today, another excellent one, can't wait to see the next one now, they even ended the episode with
    to be continued

What is the policy in this thread for writing about stuff that happened in the episode, do we need to use spoilers, I don't think that there is any need but what do the rest of you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I'd say use spoilers. Some people may not get the episode (or watch it) for several days after air date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It was a great episode! This show is probably one of my favourites now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Giblet wrote:
    It was a great episode! This show is probably one of my favourites now:D
    Tis excellent alright and just about to sit down to watch Episode 6... my reactions tomorrow!

Stay tuned! :D

PS - by far the best new show of the season!

• Advertisement

Episode 6 was brilliant. Several large cans of worms were opened.... Wow wow wow....
    What a show.

FANTASTIC!!!

... this show keeps on getting better with this week's being the best so far!
    How nerve racking was the lockdown situation?!
    The episode was absolutely gripping stuff from beginning to end.

Excellent stuff!

I know that this could potentially strike up a whole debate, but I think that the first 6 episodes of Prison Break have been as good as the first 6 of Lost. I know that they are 2 completely different types of shows but have to say that Prison Break is as good as Lost is, but I think that Lost is slighly better at the minute but only because I have seen the whole thing and the start of season 2.
    Its hard to see how they could make a second series of Prison Break either.

No debate from me, digiman. It has been the strongest start to a series since Lost Season 1. There hasn't been a weak episode yet. Some things happened last night which I would have expected much later in the season. The good thing about Prison Break is that you don't know what is going to happen next.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

And people actually doubted me! it's a wonderful show though, some critics are putting it down as a teenage version of Oz which is a joke as it's completely different to it. Oh and for about the 10th time, there is only ONE series consisting of 22 episodes, there will not be a 2nd series!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Is it anything like Oz in anyway does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just watched Monday's episode,great stuff,loving this show now. I hate to be continued though :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

OK so this episode reminded me of Oz - Season 1 finale (there was a riot then too) but, given that was one of my favourite ever episodes of any show, that's no bad thing :)

Some damn decent revelations about Michael's plans this week (love the devil tatoo concept!) and great further progressions. Because of its sheer cohesiveness, I've not enjoyed the first six episodes of a show so much since... I can't even remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

FOX's "Prison Break" isn't ending anytime soon as the network has ordered a full season of 22 episodes of the freshman drama, a network source confirmed today.

The news comes as the series heads for a brief two-week hiatus following its October 3 airing.

It's not clear how FOX plans to roll out the back-nine order as it previously indicated "House" and season five of "24" would take over Monday nights beginning in January.

In any case, the current batch of 13 episodes is set to wrap at the end of the November sweeps period. It remains to be seen if the nine remaining installments will continue to run on Monday nights or turn up at some point next year as a fill-in for any potential schedule holes.

FOX is expected to provide additional details when it formally announces the news tomorrow.

Haven't started watching yet, but good news for when I do :)

Bloody great news, TCamen! Thats made my day. :)

Thats good news alright, would have hated for Fox it to have ended before it should have. Another 16 episodes to go as well.

Just had two little "Prison Break" related moments tonight which i'm be thrilled to share with ye! :D...

- spotted Michael Schofield (Wentworth Miller) in a Mariah Carey video earlier on one of the ever-so-crappy MTV pop stations! ** shudder **

- anyone else notice Haywire in last Tuesday's episode of "My Name Is Earl" .. funnily enough playing an ex-con?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Pjays wrote:
    Is it anything like Oz in anyway does anyone know?

its nothing like Oz at all despite the, ye know, whole being in prison bit :o, but seriously its just not anything like it. I'd compare Oz more to Lost to be honest :|

Both fantastic however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Ok so i know there are alot of lost followers on this board.... (the uh..slightly religious sigs kinda gave it away) and while i think lost is a great show (of what saw...damn summer job - cousins are sending me the series) first 6 of prison break pisses all over first 6 of lost. no question. two very different shows i know, but for sheer tension, this is the show to watch. and yes secret service must die.
    anyone else see the project justice lawyer/traitor thing from a mile away? got that impression from the start..but is he really a baddy? i say so. sonofabitch aint to be trusted.

Smurfpiss wrote:
    Ok so i know there are alot of lost followers on this board.... (the uh..slightly religious sigs kinda gave it away) and while i think lost is a great show (of what saw...damn summer job - cousins are sending me the series) first 6 of prison break pisses all over first 6 of lost

Its good but not that good! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

hehe i noticed everyone has lost sigs lol!! i decided to make a prison break one hehehe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Smurfpiss wrote:
    first 6 of prison break pisses all over first 6 of lost. no question.

I wouldn't think its that much better, but I too would prefer the first 6 episodes to the first 6 of Lost.
    I think the problem for me is that by the time I watched Lost, it had been spun by people as being 'The Greatest Show In the World...Ever!' (TM) - which really it isn't. Though nothing really could have lived up to the hype it was given.
    I enjoyed watching Lost, and I would have been annoyed if I had missed an episode, but I think in comparison I'm enjoying Prison Break more.

soiaf wrote:
    I wouldn't think its that much better, but I too would prefer the first 6 episodes to the first 6 of Lost.
    I think the problem for me is that by the time I watched Lost, it had been spun by people as being 'The Greatest Show In the World...Ever!' (TM) - which really it isn't. Though nothing really could have lived up to the hype it was given.
    I enjoyed watching Lost, and I would have been annoyed if I had missed an episode, but I think in comparison I'm enjoying Prison Break more.

In fairness,all the hype was coming from people who had seen all of season 1 and it was based on all of season 1. Events in Lost didn't really get going until episode 9.

tvnutz wrote:
    In fairness,all the hype was coming from people who had seen all of season 1 and it was based on all of season 1. Events in Lost didn't really get going until episode 9.

True, but I never really thought the show lived up to the hype.
    A very good show, some great ideas but not as good as I was led to believe.

I probably would have enjoyed it even more though if I didn't keep expecting some amazing event/storyline to happen at any moment (that would cause me to see it in the same light as the people who were hyping it).

Moral of the story - Avoid reading what people think of new shows :D

soiaf wrote:
    True, but I never really thought the show lived up to the hype.
    A very good show, some great ideas but not as good as I was led to believe.

I probably would have enjoyed it even more though if I didn't keep expecting some amazing event/storyline to happen at any moment (that would cause me to see it in the same light as the people who were hyping it).

Moral of the story - Avoid reading what people think of new shows :D

Ummm...each to his own :) I just really like sci-fi and fantasy shows :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

so episode 7. bit skippy eh? maybe it was my reception but i kept skippin places and ended rather abruptly. Anyway, not nearly as good as the episode but it was fairly good alright.
    when they said veronica and yer man were "dead now"... does that mean dead dead or identity theft dead? the latter might be interesting. bit sad they killed bob. was a nice guy. good solid security gaurd name.
    roll on next week.

Quite good episode
    I really felt it when the doctor stomped on that guys leg!
    And I imagine that they mean dead dead - like the woman who was brought out to the forest by the secret service guys. Though I guess they might be planning an 'unfortunate accident'

Thought that it was another very good episode, not as good as last week, but that would have been very hard to beat.
    I would imagine that he means dead dead, the part were she broke his leg sent a shiver down my back, I think his leg was damaged before this as I think thats why he was there in the first place.
    It will be interesting to see what they will do with the gay dud that killed the security guard, can't see why they just don't kill him.
    They are more or less home and dry now thought aren't they, he said that once they were through the wall they were more or less out, no doubt something will mess up seeing as there is another 15 episodes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

ye exactly...expect another 100 twists in the next 15 episodes!!! :eek:

this weeks show was good but was hard to live up to last weeks epic!!

me likin this show alot!! more entertaining than Lost me thinks however both cant really be compared as they are of different genre!! pure QUALITY..... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed it again. Glad that they
    killed the guard. Not that I disliked the guard but it would have stretched credibility to think scum like T-Bag would have let him all walk away.

Doc's bit was well handled and I like how she is going to try an piece together what's going on herself.

Veronica being "dead dead" must mean "Argh I've a bullet hole in my head" type dead and not "Nowhere Man 2: Nowhere Woman" style.

Week-by-week I'm enjoying this more than another show currently, including the over-hyped 'Lost' :)

Advertisement