Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick bump for the return of the show on Monday... can't friggin' wait!

Oh.. and show your support for a possible 'Prison Break' Forum right here on Boards.

Cos this thread (similar to the over 1000 post 'Lost' thread) is starting to run it's course. And also PB is due to hit Irish screens very soon too on Channel 6!

Anyways.. see you all back here Tuesday for some post-episode discussion!

Oh.. and just to whet your appetite:

(** SPOILERS WITHIN **)

Clip from 'The Rat' (advertisement before it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 salupa

my cousin told me he seen a screener of ep 14 the rat earlier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

and?, do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yeah ep 14 leaked. Its out there on the internets right now. I'm sure it will start popping up everywhere soon. For everyone else it'll be Monday before its on the tv.

Also just read that the new Irish station, Channel 6, will be showing this seris too :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah.. it was leaked. Just watching the start of it now. Pretty poor quality though.. quite badly interlaced and also has a quite large "For Review Purposes Only. Property Of Fox" logo throughout.

If you're dying to see it (which i am), otherwise wait for the HDTV Monday night.

Sample screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Meh was very watchable in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Damn right it was. Great episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I really liked ep.14! There were so many moments cringeworthy(in a good way) moments that had me on the edge of my seat. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Just saw a trailer for RTE2 "coming soon blah,blahblah" last night and they showed a clip of Prison Break!

• Advertisement

seabee wrote:
    Just saw a trailer for RTE2 "coming soon blah,blahblah" last night and they showed a clip of Prison Break!
    Really? Thought Channel 6 had the rights.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Ep 14 was savage! Cannot wait for Episode 15!! I think
    Fernando is gonna do somethin to save him!
    God, i cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

basquille wrote:
    Really? Thought Channel 6 had the rights.. :confused:

yeah i saw that ad too. who the hell is showing Prison Break in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yeah i saw that ad too. who the hell is showing Prison Break in Ireland

well obviously RTE 2 since they are already showing the ad! :p Was it ever official that Channel 6 had the rights?

Episode 14 was Sweeeeet! Episodes like this really remind me of how much i missed 'Prison Break' - all killer stuff with no filler!

Anyways, onto the gritty details (along with spoiler tags for those of you waiting for the HDTV copy from your cousins). The screener was extremely watchable on my XBOX and i couldn't wait any longer:

** HEAVY SPOILERS WITHIN **
    So... pretty much back to square one with Linc standing in front of the chair.

I loved so much about this episode:

* Loved the double entendre in the episode title "The Rat" - one being Tweener the rat bas*ard divulging Scofield's chair plan to Bellick. And the second being the fried rat being one of Scofield's final attempts to give himself and his brother more time.

* Loved the glimmer of hope with Gov Tancredi's last minute call only to result in the refusal of Lincoln's clemency.

* And of course, i loved the cliffhanger which left me wanting more! (..NOW DAMNIT NOW!!..)

So the real question now is: how will Michael save Linc now?

And also.. where is Abruzzi? And will he back?

Anyways, great to have 'Prison Break' back!

Fúck Basquille, i forgot all about
    Abruzzi
    !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tvnutz wrote:
    Was it ever official that Channel 6 had the rights?

they announced it in a press release afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Damn it, why did I have to read this!! I never expected that this would be leadked, I will have to get my hands on this and watch it tonight!! Only 5-6 mins for full arrival not to bad :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Bloody brilliant stuff altogether, can't wait for episode 15 and how they are going to get out of this, lets hope they leak a few more because that was a lovely surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

what the hell? i thought i was showing tonight? has it been moved to sunday... oh god the painful torture that my phone line is down....I need to see this episode!!
    and yes, most excited it is being shown on rte 2. it was on that ad with the clap your hands say yeah music...

EDIT: ahhh it was a leak...oh i like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Quality....wondeer what is goin to happen now!!! Gos only knows....but no doubt the biggest twist ever id about to unfold in the next episode!!!

God i love this show :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

just saw it. great episode.
    absolute tease of an ending! what in gods name could save linc? a power cut? the governer guilt tripping? what if he actually dies?
    ahhhhh roll on next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i was convinced that scholfield was going to stab his brother thus injuring him so that he wouldn't get the chair, especially when they hugged at the end...i thought..ah yes here it comes...right into his ass....but no :(
    when i heard the show was called the rat i originally thought it would be Abruzzi who would turn out to be the rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i love this show

damn wait is gonna get at me now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

:D
    I thought the same thing for a second, Rollo
    about the stabbing

Why must they tease us so?! I want to see the next episode *now*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I thought Abruzzi was dead? Is he just injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

sliced up in the throat, he is bound to resurface.
    koneko, i was soo certain it was going to happen. seeing a man get stabbed with a little carving knife is a great sight! only chance now is the Gov will save linc the sink

I seriously am convinced Schofields roomie (fernando, isnt it??) is gonna climb into the hole and do the exact same thing schofield did with the rat. Only thing is, he wouldnt have a clue where to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

I seriously am convinced Schofields roomie (fernando, isnt it??) is gonna climb into the hole and do the exact same thing schofield did with the rat. Only thing is, he wouldnt have a clue where to go!
    Do you think?, It seems a bit not quiet PB for me. The Governor changing his mind is another option, now that he is no longer under Lady VIce Presidents supervision.
    Overall it was definitely a top notch episode.
    Hasn't LJ grown however;
    What's going to get me is when he almost get's killed in three week's time again, there will be away bigger build-up to it, as the viewer at that point will doubt, wether he will get off as much as we all did for this episode.
    And so it won't be half as low key.
    I'm sorry Im rambling,I'll post tomorrow.

(FTL;
    " humble Discrediting of previpous post, speculation and remarks on ep -the rat")

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Count me in on the love train! This really shows up all the other shows - I was completely riveted.
    I also thought Schofield would stab his brother! Dammit and I thought I was being clever.

Loved how they kept making us think a reprieve, etc would happen and then it didn't. Abso-fcuking-adore the prison guard (his name escapes me) and how he's a nasty piece of work but smart enough to play ball with Schofield.

Great ending too - can't think of any other show that leaves me on edge currently like this does.

Advertisement